Author Topic: Jake_M Day 1  (Read 3280 times)

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Guns, Hunting, Fishing, Tools
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Jake_M Day 1
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Quote from: danojeno
Great intro Jake, welcome. Those pictures and the tears they leave behind are no joke, huh. That's how I came here too. Keep a bit of those pictures with you. Especially when around other dippers, it is easy to say, "Fuck it, if he's been doing it for x number of years I can do it." Unfortunately, you never know who or when that cancer will hit. It's like Russian Roulette. As the days progress, you will realize that your addiction is about more than just dipping. Just post roll and keep your word. Drink water, eat seeds, and QLF! I'm quit with you today.
Thanks, Just got about 9 packs of gum

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Great intro Jake, welcome. Those pictures and the tears they leave behind are no joke, huh. That's how I came here too. Keep a bit of those pictures with you. Especially when around other dippers, it is easy to say, "Fuck it, if he's been doing it for x number of years I can do it." Unfortunately, you never know who or when that cancer will hit. It's like Russian Roulette. As the days progress, you will realize that your addiction is about more than just dipping. Just post roll and keep your word. Drink water, eat seeds, and QLF! I'm quit with you today.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
So for a little background info... I'm 22 from Southwest Louisiana (I haven't seen many from where i'm from if at all on here). I work at a paper mill as a crane operator. I have been dipping avidly since I was a young boy. My dad dips, my two older brothers dip, nearly every male where I work and in my community dips (absolutely ZREO exaggeration) . So for me this is going to be a little bit like a recovering alcoholic working as a bartender, but hey I'm here and in full spirits. I have already posted roll. I am sure that I will need support due to the lack of nondippers/ quitter around me. I think that this here is a fine site for anyone wanting to quit.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
Great introduction! We are a cult, drink the quit koolaid and quit each day with your brothers.
This system works, builds a network of support and accountability.
First thing to do is to post roll, it is your promise to yourself and your quit brothers to not use nicotine each day.
Message me for my phone number and read everything on this site it helps,
Charles

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
Jake_M Day 1
« on: October 10, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
So as of yesterday morning I had ZERO intentions of quitting dipping. For some reason or another I was sitting at work bored and one thing led to another and I was looing at pictures of mouth cancer patients. Then, again not intentionally, I somehow stumbled upon this.... cult (of sorts). Then for some reason I began reading. Again quitting was not an intent of mine. I read the entire Welcome Center and read every available post to me in the hall of legends. (My reading was limited because I was a nonmember). After that I read posts from individuals known as Chewie, Nolaq (Some deranged drill sergeant) and LOOT. Then I happened across an individual known as "Wastepanel". I read every single post in his Introduction speech labeled " I'm Back" something like 32 pages of posts. I will have to say that WHEN I make it to the Hall Of Legends that I will give him a shout out as the entity that finally convinced me to take that final leap. Not my wife or mother or countless others that have tried throughout the years and failed. I read everyone of his metaphorical stories like I was reading a parable from the Bible. I have spent over 12 hours on this site since noon yesterday and for the first time in my life I feel as though I have the tools I need to be a quitter. A quitter not for my wife or mother or future children bet for me. So thank you "Wastepanel" and everyone else on this site for opening my eyes and showing me the truth "That I CAN and WILL" do this.