Author Topic: Jake_M Day 1  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Jake_M Day 1
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
'Deranged'?

'ninja'
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Jake_M
Day 2- As I said before both of my older brothers dip as well. Well this morning, just like every morning, we three way called each other on our ways to work. This morning I told them that I had joined a support group to quit dipping. I was expecting all sorts of name calling being thrown at me, but to the contrary. For the first time EVER we talked about quitting TOGETHER. Apparently we have all three tried quitting numerous times. Just never at the same time. That has been what was killing all of us on our quits, the fact that only one was doing it at a time. My oldest brother said "When we all get together the one that is "quit" would always crack, cause basically its two on one". After speaking with them this morning, I truly hope and expect to see their name on January 2015 roll call today (Probably this evening). I am excited if this will be the changing point for me and my brothers. Next stop will be my dad...
That would be awesome to have 3 brothers in a quit month. Hope it happens.
Awesome. This could be some major quit power.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Day 2- As I said before both of my older brothers dip as well. Well this morning, just like every morning, we three way called each other on our ways to work. This morning I told them that I had joined a support group to quit dipping. I was expecting all sorts of name calling being thrown at me, but to the contrary. For the first time EVER we talked about quitting TOGETHER. Apparently we have all three tried quitting numerous times. Just never at the same time. That has been what was killing all of us on our quits, the fact that only one was doing it at a time. My oldest brother said "When we all get together the one that is "quit" would always crack, cause basically its two on one". After speaking with them this morning, I truly hope and expect to see their name on January 2015 roll call today (Probably this evening). I am excited if this will be the changing point for me and my brothers. Next stop will be my dad...
Nice job posting roll today Jake!

Stay focused on you today. ODAAT. While I love the idea of have all 3 of you quit... don't get involved with that right now. In fact, put it out of your mind. You need to focus on you right now. You have told them about it and it is their decision. You don't need them to quit in order for you to stay quit today. You need to grind this out today and do whatever it takes. Stay focused on the task at hand. And the task at hand is YOU not putting any nicotine in your piehole! You can do this! QLF my man! Battle today. I am with you all day.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Guns, Hunting, Fishing, Tools
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »

Offline Hartbkd31

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-07
  • Interests: Football. Skol Vikings.Watching my kids play sports.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: danojeno
Great intro Jake, welcome. Those pictures and the tears they leave behind are no joke, huh. That's how I came here too. Keep a bit of those pictures with you. Especially when around other dippers, it is easy to say, "Fuck it, if he's been doing it for x number of years I can do it." Unfortunately, you never know who or when that cancer will hit. It's like Russian Roulette. As the days progress, you will realize that your addiction is about more than just dipping. Just post roll and keep your word. Drink water, eat seeds, and QLF! I'm quit with you today.
Thanks, Just got about 9 packs of gum
Like the avatar. I believe it wholeheartedly. You need to believe it as well. These next few days are gonna be war. Prepare yourself with resources for the oral fix. Cruise the boards even more so than you have. This is your crave sanctuary. The first ~ 10 days I pretty much lived here on KTC. It saved my life. It certainly provided an avenue for me to quit. Something that at 51 yrs I never had before.

Take advantage of this place, it will save your life as well.
Definitely looking to use this place as an escape and to help others in the process.
Welcome, and thanks for the kind words.

These first few days are going to be insane. Water, water, and water. Limit your caffeine as it can be more potent these first few days. Exercise kills craves and ride your body of this poison faster. Most importantly...breathe. You can do this man.

You're in the right place.
Thanks for the advice I suppose I wasn't really expecting to hear from you so soon.
Haha

That's the beauty of this place man. (It also helps I'm in the car currently and cruising the boards).
Wastepanel is a great quitter. He has helped many of people in their path to the freedom from nicotine. 12 hours of reading is a bunch and really awesome- the more you read the better.

Use this intro to journal your quit, rage, make observations or write creative metaphors. It'll be helpful to you and possibly like Wasterpanel's intro, it may be helpful to others some day.

Quit with you.
I couldn't agree more wastepanel from what I read is a guidance counselor of hope and commitment. I read his story from the day he started- comma. It truly inspired me, and gave me insight on what I might expect, such as I might hit a rough patch around 900. I wouldn't have guessed...
Good to have you Jake. Stay small tonight and tomorrow. Make it to the next hour. Then the next. My first few days sucked. Get past the first 3 and it gets better. Way better.
Keep it going Jake. Your already starting to do the deal. Keep up with the texts as well. Had to long on myself just to read. Always a tough one after eating dinner. So log on and read. Enjoyed the intro as well.

Offline Sir Nopenhagen

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 9-8-2014
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
Jake,

First off congrats on saving your life. You have many badass quitters in your corner already, so soak up all that you can. I too work in a mill setting with everyone around me a nic addict. Stand firm and you CAN do this. PM me if you need anything, southerner here too just one state east of you. QLF

Sir Nope

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
Great intro Jake, welcome. Those pictures and the tears they leave behind are no joke, huh. That's how I came here too. Keep a bit of those pictures with you. Especially when around other dippers, it is easy to say, "Fuck it, if he's been doing it for x number of years I can do it." Unfortunately, you never know who or when that cancer will hit. It's like Russian Roulette. As the days progress, you will realize that your addiction is about more than just dipping. Just post roll and keep your word. Drink water, eat seeds, and QLF! I'm quit with you today.
Like the avatar. I believe it wholeheartedly. You need to believe it as well. These next few days are gonna be war. Prepare yourself with resources for the oral fix. Cruise the boards even more so than you have. This is your crave sanctuary. The first ~ 10 days I pretty much lived here on KTC. It saved my life. It certainly provided an avenue for me to quit. Something that at 51 yrs I never had before.

Definitely looking to use this place as an escape and to help others in the process.

These first few days are going to be insane. Water, water, and water. Limit your caffeine as it can be more potent these first few days. Exercise kills craves and ride your body of this poison faster. Most importantly...breathe. You can do this man.

Thanks for the advice I suppose I wasn't really expecting to hear from you so soon.
Haha

That's the beauty of this place man. (It also helps I'm in the car currently and cruising the boards).
Wastepanel is a great quitter. He has helped many of people in their path to the freedom from nicotine. 12 hours of reading is a bunch and really awesome- the more you read the better.

Use this intro to journal your quit, rage, make observations or write creative metaphors. It'll be helpful to you and possibly like Wasterpanel's intro, it may be helpful to others some day.

Quit with you.
I couldn't agree more wastepanel from what I read is a guidance counselor of hope and commitment. I read his story from the day he started- comma. It truly inspired me, and gave me insight on what I might expect, such as I might hit a rough patch around 900. I wouldn't have guessed...
Good to have you Jake. Stay small tonight and tomorrow. Make it to the next hour. Then the next. My first few days sucked. Get past the first 3 and it gets better. Way better.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »

Haha

Quit with you.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »

Haha

Quit with you.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »

Haha

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »