Author Topic: Jake_M Day 1  (Read 3279 times)

Offline jeeptruck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jake_M Day 1
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Doc
Jake, saw you poke your head in May the other day. After reading your intro, I see that you are arming yourself against the nic whore with your most valuable weapon...knowledge (in Nebraska that is spelled without the K). Keep up the good work, read all you can. Build a web of accountability with every avenue you can. I tell people that had no idea I chewed for 36+ years that I am quit.
Come on back to May if you get bored. Not sure you'll learn much but it is usually entertaining.
^^^Doc may be a bushwhacker but he is offering you some great tools for your quit arsenal.
there are avenues for help and entertainment all over this site jake, use them and stay true to why you came here. Don't forget those pictures my friend
HOF Date 9/30/2014 in the October Titans group

so what my quit dates in September and im in the Ocotber HOF group? that makes me a SuliTan
"Youll never regret staying quit, youll always regret caving"- Nolaq
"That's like putting a bolt back into a machine without never seizing it.... Your just fucking the next guy. " - Jake_M
"Hipsters don't even know which end of the Hammer to hold" - Bronc

2nd Floor: Jan 8 2015

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Doc
Jake, saw you poke your head in May the other day. After reading your intro, I see that you are arming yourself against the nic whore with your most valuable weapon...knowledge (in Nebraska that is spelled without the K). Keep up the good work, read all you can. Build a web of accountability with every avenue you can. I tell people that had no idea I chewed for 36+ years that I am quit.
Come on back to May if you get bored. Not sure you'll learn much but it is usually entertaining.
^^^Doc may be a bushwhacker but he is offering you some great tools for your quit arsenal.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Jake_M
Day 5 The craves were bad this morning, not the worst but still bad. Around noon I got my wife to get me some smokey mountain herbal snuff. It really helped with my oral fixations. A real relief. Today was better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow will be ( I hope) So until then I will keep my promise and keep my life.
You are so close to starting to feel better. Own it! Fuck nic and all the years it stole from you and your family. Learn how to hate it. Despise it.

Glad you're here.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Guns, Hunting, Fishing, Tools
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
Day 5 The craves were bad this morning, not the worst but still bad. Around noon I got my wife to get me some smokey mountain herbal snuff. It really helped with my oral fixations. A real relief. Today was better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow will be ( I hope) So until then I will keep my promise and keep my life.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-11
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Jake, text me when this happens. We talked right before this and we talked at night and I had no idea this happened man!

Offline bigdilg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-10
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike_Land
Day 4 even worse than yesterday. I have had a pounding headache all day, I got none sleep last night. I have had 3 people offer me a dip today. 2 of which knew I was trying to quit, and two of the offered were my brand, cut and flavor. So today I want to punch a baby in the face. Not any baby in particular just some random fucking baby. I told myself when I quit that I would not use any aids, such as, smokey mountain or herbal snuff. but fuck that shit, I asked my wife to go get me some. Well apparently here wind shield wipers are broken and its raining. So no go on the relief. I got on the crane a few minutes after that happened and what do I find sitting on the dash.... A half full can of Wolf wintergreen long cut that some other operator left so conveniently. Thanks Ronnie. As hard as it has been so far today I have kept my promise. It seems like the nic bitch is really out to get me.
You got this bro. Through the stuff you find out the crane window. There are other things you can use instead of the fake chew. I used tea bags. Just wet the bag, rip it open and pack away. Use the celestial seasonings stuff. it won't stain your teeth. I've used for so long and my teeth were so stained it didn't matter. I just used plain ol' lipton or luzianne tea bags. I've been quit 689 days and I still sometimes just need to pack a lipper with something. You are entering the fog. The headaches will pass in a day or two. Eat ibuprofen. drink lots of water. I drank so much water my first couple of weeks I had to go piss about every 20 minutes. The no sleep thing will pass in a couple of days as well. In a few days the fog will start to lift and you will be able to glimpse the light and freedom at the end of the tunnel.

Stay focused. You can do this. Check your in box. I've sent you my digits.

Mike
Jake you can do this. You continue to beat the nic bitch and its great. Embrace the suck. It means you are healing
...and Blissful Krusty agrees with me
Quit Date 2/10/14
HOF 5/20/14
2nd floor 8/28/14
3rd Floor 12/06/14

I really don't know what the fuck is the problem with alot of you.. James Gordon

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Day 4 even worse than yesterday. I have had a pounding headache all day, I got none sleep last night. I have had 3 people offer me a dip today. 2 of which knew I was trying to quit, and two of the offered were my brand, cut and flavor. So today I want to punch a baby in the face. Not any baby in particular just some random fucking baby. I told myself when I quit that I would not use any aids, such as, smokey mountain or herbal snuff. but fuck that shit, I asked my wife to go get me some. Well apparently here wind shield wipers are broken and its raining. So no go on the relief. I got on the crane a few minutes after that happened and what do I find sitting on the dash.... A half full can of Wolf wintergreen long cut that some other operator left so conveniently. Thanks Ronnie. As hard as it has been so far today I have kept my promise. It seems like the nic bitch is really out to get me.
You got this bro. Through the stuff you find out the crane window. There are other things you can use instead of the fake chew. I used tea bags. Just wet the bag, rip it open and pack away. Use the celestial seasonings stuff. it won't stain your teeth. I've used for so long and my teeth were so stained it didn't matter. I just used plain ol' lipton or luzianne tea bags. I've been quit 689 days and I still sometimes just need to pack a lipper with something. You are entering the fog. The headaches will pass in a day or two. Eat ibuprofen. drink lots of water. I drank so much water my first couple of weeks I had to go piss about every 20 minutes. The no sleep thing will pass in a couple of days as well. In a few days the fog will start to lift and you will be able to glimpse the light and freedom at the end of the tunnel.

Stay focused. You can do this. Check your in box. I've sent you my digits.

Mike

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
'Deranged'?

'ninja'
Just the impression I got.
Even in the fog you're a good judge of character. 'Crazy'

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
Day 3 Hit me like a freight train. It is hard to focus on much of anything. My mind is racing. My hands are fidgety. My blood is hot. Sweat is pouring down my face in 75 degree weather. The nicotine bitch is not whispering sweet nothings in my ear anymore, she is screaming at me. Saying things like "Why do you have to suffer when everyone else is happy?" or "You have never been able to quit before, this time is no different" or "Look at that can of snuff in your buddy's pocket. He'd be happy to give you a dip." Today is definitely becoming the hardest.... but I WILL do this!
Day 3 sucks donkey balls. But make it through it and you'll be a better man tomorrow. Whatever it takes.

Sunday afternoon. I'd have football on in the background and spend all damn day on this site reading, posting, learning.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
Day 3 Hit me like a freight train. It is hard to focus on much of anything. My mind is racing. My hands are fidgety. My blood is hot. Sweat is pouring down my face in 75 degree weather. The nicotine bitch is not whispering sweet nothings in my ear anymore, she is screaming at me. Saying things like "Why do you have to suffer when everyone else is happy?" or "You have never been able to quit before, this time is no different" or "Look at that can of snuff in your buddy's pocket. He'd be happy to give you a dip." Today is definitely becoming the hardest.... but I WILL do this!

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
Basic recap of day 2. Rough shit, cold sweats, dazed out as if the world is passing me by. Just wanting for tomorrow so that I can post roll and do this shit again. Yeah its rough but the outcome will be much greater if I can spend only 1 more day longer on this rock. One more day to laugh and be with my kids. One more day to go fishing or hunting. The possibilities are endless. Not to mention the thousands of dollars not spent, or the pain endured in cancer treatments, or (and this is the one most don't consider) the pain saved of my wife and kids. The pain that literally makes them sick or depressed because I am not there to hold them or guide them or be there when im truly needed. All the wonderful memories I could have lost by not making that promise this morning. So tomorrow I will do the same and not regret at all.

Offline NoMoreCopeBlack

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Hi Jake - same decision about the same time so I'm in it with you.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
'Deranged'?

'ninja'
Just the impression I got.