Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 15134 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: worktowin
Congratulations on 5 years of freedom. You are a great mentor and friend.

5 year seems impossible at first. Now I bet it seems so obvious...

Congratulations and thank you.
5 years is awesome! 'oh yeah'
Yeah Sco! That's awesome. Heres to you someday figuring out what an avatar is! Cheers!
Congratulations on hitting 5 years quit!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #410 on: December 11, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt

Yeah Sco! That's awesome. Heres to you someday figuring out what an avatar is! Cheers!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #408 on: December 10, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
The 2016 Savannah Quit Meet is coming soon -- topic/10989691/2/#new

I want you at the quit meet!

last year-- http://www.killthecan.org/2015-savannah ... ntry-boil/

$40,000+ Saved
23,124 Days of Quit
1,000s of miles traveled
200+ miles run
100+ beers drank
18 Quitters
12 States
2 Bushels of Oysters
1,000,000 laughs.

If you have not met your brothers and sisters in arms, make it a point. Nothing solidifies a quit more than friendship formed at a quit-meet. I am always amazed how quickly friends are made at meets. This year Jeepster and Roy were newbies. They fit in so quickly it seemed they were here last year. This shit puts a :D on my face.

"If I knew quitting was this fun, I would have quit a long time ago" ~ Baitbanjo 2013

The nic bitch hates it.

Quit on brothers and sisters

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 622
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2015, 07:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Scowick65
The Savannah Quit Meet

http://www.killthecan.org/2015-savannah ... ntry-boil/

$40,000+ Saved
23,124 Days of Quit
1,000s of miles traveled
200+ miles run
100+ beers drank
18 Quitters
12 States
2 Bushels of Oysters
1,000,000 laughs.

If you have not met your brothers and sisters in arms, make it a point. Nothing solidifies a quit more than friendship formed at a quit-meet. I am always amazed how quickly friends are made at meets. This year Jeepster and Roy were newbies. They fit in so quickly it seemed they were here last year. This shit puts a :D on my face.

"If I knew quitting was this fun, I would have quit a long time ago" ~ Baitbanjo 2013

The nic bitch hates it.

Quit on brothers and sisters.
Good stuff right there Sco. Perhaps I will join you crazies down there next time. I am not much of a runner, but the menu and the people sound worth the trip. Quit on.
Solidifying the quit x3
Thanks again to you and your wife!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2015, 05:19:00 AM »
[

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2015, 05:19:00 AM »
The Savannah Quit Meet

$40,000+ Saved
23,124 Days of Quit
1,000s of miles traveled
200+ miles run
100+ beers drank
18 Quitters
12 States
2 Bushels of Oysters
1,000,000 laughs.

The nic bitch hates it.

Good stuff right there Sco. Perhaps I will join you crazies down there next time. I am not much of a runner, but the menu and the people sound worth the trip. Quit on.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #403 on: February 11, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
The Savannah Quit Meet

$40,000+ Saved
23,124 Days of Quit
1,000s of miles traveled
200+ miles run
100+ beers drank
18 Quitters
12 States
2 Bushels of Oysters
1,000,000 laughs.

The nic bitch hates it.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: CBird65
Day 1497

The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine. She has NO choices available. Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win? How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it?
1. The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY. TODAY is all that matters to her. REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory.
How do you counter? You must focus only on TODAY. Not next weekÂ’s test or tax season or whatever. Today.

2. The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today.
How do you counter? The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind. Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise. “I will not use nicotine Today”.

3. The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes. She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today. She is firm in her negotiations. “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan. Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”.
How do you counter? Know that she is deceitful. Know that she whispers. Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY. Period. Her Win-Win schemes are false promises.

4. She seeks to further understand you. She seeks to maintain a relationship. She knows your weaknesses. She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work. She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone. She will ride shotgun on the way to work. She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter? Read, Read and Read this site. Many have kicked her ass daily. Learn from them. Know your weaknesses. Anticipate. Any by all means, hate her with vengeance. She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason. She is evil.
^^^
following today
Will Follow these ^^^^^^^ badasses anywhere, anytime!
Well said. Great stuff!
4 of my leaders and favorite quitters all lined up in front of me. I'm following diligently.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Day 1497

The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine. She has NO choices available. Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win? How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it?
1. The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY. TODAY is all that matters to her. REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory.
How do you counter? You must focus only on TODAY. Not next weekÂ’s test or tax season or whatever. Today.

How do you counter? The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind. Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise. “I will not use nicotine Today”.

3. The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes. She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today. She is firm in her negotiations. “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan. Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”.
How do you counter? Know that she is deceitful. Know that she whispers. Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY. Period. Her Win-Win schemes are false promises.

4. She seeks to further understand you. She seeks to maintain a relationship. She knows your weaknesses. She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work. She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone. She will ride shotgun on the way to work. She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter? Read, Read and Read this site. Many have kicked her ass daily. Learn from them. Know your weaknesses. Anticipate. Any by all means, hate her with vengeance. She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason. She is evil.
^^^
following today
Well said. Great stuff!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
Day 1497

^^^
following today
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »
An inspiration to everyone on here. What's just as amazing is your continuous support for the newbies.
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 622
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
Day 1497

^^^
following today
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
Day 1497