Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21221 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: Scowick65
Things to do today:
1. Quit.
I can do this... It's so simple! 'bang head'
24 hours??!!

Count me in
Sound fun! I'm in.
I'm in. You're a real leader. Thanks!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Things to do today:
1. Quit.
24 hours??!!

Count me in
Sound fun! I'm in.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
Things to do today:
1. Quit.
24 hours??!!

Count me in
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Things to do today:
1. Quit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
Things to do today:
1. Quit.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws

There is no I in The Herd

Truth 1: The reason we joined the KTC Herd in the first place is that we failed to quit on our own.

Truth 2:  Your personal addiction story is not that special.  Many of us could not quit on our own and if you believe you are a finger-banging special needs snowflake you have not spent much time in The Herd.  Our personal stories of addiction have so much in common, that The Herd rolls its eyes when you tell us the reasons your quit is different.  You are not a special butterfly.  Welcome to The Herd.  As a proud member of The Herd, I offer a few rules to get you down the road to Quitville. 

First, Post Roll Every Damn Day.  One cannot be part of The Herd… if one does not join The Herd.  If you do not know how to quit, join The Herd.  If you know how to quit, be a helpful part of The Herd.  If you are going on vacation, join The Herd via a text.  If you want to have fun, join The Herd.  If you work crazy hours, be the first to join The Herd just after midnight.  If you want to take a dump on that quitter grazing over there, take a dump.  The Herd will laugh.  Poop on the head is funny.  Have fun in The Herd.  Grazing in The Herd every day is important.

Second, know that you are a nicotine addict.  For Life.  That means Forever.  Nicotine has so screwed up the wiring in your brain that you can never sample nicotine in any form without fully engaging every nic synapse in your body.  Big Tobacco ruined your craniac and nothing can change that.  You are Herd de facto.  The day that we admitted we were an addicts was the day we controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling us.  It does not make quitting easy; it does mean we call of the shots.

Third, focus on Today.  The nic bitch hunts every day.  She waits patiently.  She knows weakness.  She will thin The Herd.  She is strongest when you are vulnerable.  Always join The Herd and remember you are an addict. 

Forth, help another quitter.  Your quit is strengthened by it.  The Herd gets stronger.  You get stronger. 

Remember, there is no I in The Herd.
Big hitter, the Lama.
Flowing robes .... Stunning!!

Bringing it as you always do!

Love it. Truth, and I love being in the herd. Quit on!
Great inspiration!
Dammit Brett! Stop Pooping on my head! Good stuff Sco! We love your words of wisdom.....so we got that going for us. :D
'worship'
:wub: goo stuff here
Always the right words at always the right time. Thanks.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824

Truth 1: The reason we joined the KTC Herd in the first place is that we failed to quit on our own.

Truth 2:  Your personal addiction story is not that special.  Many of us could not quit on our own and if you believe you are a finger-banging special needs snowflake you have not spent much time in The Herd.  Our personal stories of addiction have so much in common, that The Herd rolls its eyes when you tell us the reasons your quit is different.  You are not a special butterfly.  Welcome to The Herd.  As a proud member of The Herd, I offer a few rules to get you down the road to Quitville. 

First, Post Roll Every Damn Day.  One cannot be part of The Herd… if one does not join The Herd.  If you do not know how to quit, join The Herd.  If you know how to quit, be a helpful part of The Herd.  If you are going on vacation, join The Herd via a text.  If you want to have fun, join The Herd.  If you work crazy hours, be the first to join The Herd just after midnight.  If you want to take a dump on that quitter grazing over there, take a dump.  The Herd will laugh.  Poop on the head is funny.  Have fun in The Herd.  Grazing in The Herd every day is important.

Second, know that you are a nicotine addict.  For Life.  That means Forever.  Nicotine has so screwed up the wiring in your brain that you can never sample nicotine in any form without fully engaging every nic synapse in your body.  Big Tobacco ruined your craniac and nothing can change that.  You are Herd de facto.  The day that we admitted we were an addicts was the day we controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling us.  It does not make quitting easy; it does mean we call of the shots.

Third, focus on Today.  The nic bitch hunts every day.  She waits patiently.  She knows weakness.  She will thin The Herd.  She is strongest when you are vulnerable.  Always join The Herd and remember you are an addict. 

Forth, help another quitter.  Your quit is strengthened by it.  The Herd gets stronger.  You get stronger. 

Big hitter, the Lama.

Great inspiration!
Dammit Brett! Stop Pooping on my head! Good stuff Sco! We love your words of wisdom.....so we got that going for us. :D
'worship'
:wub: goo stuff here
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »

Big hitter, the Lama.

Great inspiration!
'worship'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »

Big hitter, the Lama.

Great inspiration!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »

Big hitter, the Lama.

Great inspiration!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »

Big hitter, the Lama.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #340 on: March 28, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »

Big hitter, the Lama.

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »

Truth 2: Your personal addiction story is not that special. Many of us could not quit on our own and if you believe you are a finger-banging special needs snowflake you have not spent much time in The Herd. Our personal stories of addiction have so much in common, that The Herd rolls its eyes when you tell us the reasons your quit is different. You are not a special butterfly. Welcome to The Herd. As a proud member of The Herd, I offer a few rules to get you down the road to Quitville.

First, Post Roll Every Damn Day. One cannot be part of The HerdÂ… if one does not join The Herd. If you do not know how to quit, join The Herd. If you know how to quit, be a helpful part of The Herd. If you are going on vacation, join The Herd via a text. If you want to have fun, join The Herd. If you work crazy hours, be the first to join The Herd just after midnight. If you want to take a dump on that quitter grazing over there, take a dump. The Herd will laugh. Poop on the head is funny. Have fun in The Herd. Grazing in The Herd every day is important.

Second, know that you are a nicotine addict. For Life. That means Forever. Nicotine has so screwed up the wiring in your brain that you can never sample nicotine in any form without fully engaging every nic synapse in your body. Big Tobacco ruined your craniac and nothing can change that. You are Herd de facto. The day that we admitted we were an addicts was the day we controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling us. It does not make quitting easy; it does mean we call of the shots.

Third, focus on Today. The nic bitch hunts every day. She waits patiently. She knows weakness. She will thin The Herd. She is strongest when you are vulnerable. Always join The Herd and remember you are an addict.

Forth, help another quitter. Your quit is strengthened by it. The Herd gets stronger. You get stronger.

Big hitter, the Lama.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »

Truth 2: Your personal addiction story is not that special. Many of us could not quit on our own and if you believe you are a finger-banging special needs snowflake you have not spent much time in The Herd. Our personal stories of addiction have so much in common, that The Herd rolls its eyes when you tell us the reasons your quit is different. You are not a special butterfly. Welcome to The Herd. As a proud member of The Herd, I offer a few rules to get you down the road to Quitville.

First, Post Roll Every Damn Day. One cannot be part of The HerdÂ… if one does not join The Herd. If you do not know how to quit, join The Herd. If you know how to quit, be a helpful part of The Herd. If you are going on vacation, join The Herd via a text. If you want to have fun, join The Herd. If you work crazy hours, be the first to join The Herd just after midnight. If you want to take a dump on that quitter grazing over there, take a dump. The Herd will laugh. Poop on the head is funny. Have fun in The Herd. Grazing in The Herd every day is important.

Second, know that you are a nicotine addict. For Life. That means Forever. Nicotine has so screwed up the wiring in your brain that you can never sample nicotine in any form without fully engaging every nic synapse in your body. Big Tobacco ruined your craniac and nothing can change that. You are Herd de facto. The day that we admitted we were an addicts was the day we controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling us. It does not make quitting easy; it does mean we call of the shots.

Third, focus on Today. The nic bitch hunts every day. She waits patiently. She knows weakness. She will thin The Herd. She is strongest when you are vulnerable. Always join The Herd and remember you are an addict.

Forth, help another quitter. Your quit is strengthened by it. The Herd gets stronger. You get stronger.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Evil_Won
Nice 1,200 units. Congrats. 'party'
WTG Mr. Sherpa,

a huge accomplishment
Very Nice Scowick! 'clap'
Nice 1200! Well done sir.
Great job!! Nice 1200!
Congrats on 1200....leading by example!
Congrats man. Never talked with you but you definitely influenced my quit! Quit with you today!
Very nice 12 hundo. Bravo!!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."