Author Topic: Mogul Intro  (Read 14765 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mogul Intro
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
Hey all my quit tin' friends. Man today was a ride. Had to sit in class for 8 freaking hours. Almost as bad as defensive driving. But I made the Nic bitch go away this morning. She was invading my dreams and tell me what a loser I was but that only one more can and I would be a winner. I said fine, but you are going to have to take my life from me first, I WILL NOT do it myself. Guess what??? She tucked her tail between her legs and ran off. Never heard from her again. Looking forward to that bottle my friend.

B-lo---you are correct on having a plan and I do. I got a text or three from AppleJack today. I will keep him close this weekend. He made me LMAO. While in that boring ass classroom. Got a good bud from RDU on the hook too. I am armed and ready.

Derik, Brett, Mothra, anybody else in my FEB group need phone numbers???? I'm available to help most of the weekend.

Mogul
Glad to hear it. Stay strong my friend.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
First off...Don't believe Pinched....he will let you touch his monkey, he actually likes it but he plays hard to get.

Second off, I can't wait to buy you that bottle. I have a feeling that you treated your cancer like you did your quit. You are one bad ass dude.

Third, we are believers too so I like you even more.

I had a little mild cancer last year. Just some BSC on my shoulder. It left a pretty good post surgery scar but nothing life threatening like what you went through.

Glad to be quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 07:22:00 AM »
Mogul,
Well brother I got to say I love the anger and they way you are vocal about your quit. Keep it up, brothers need support daily!

P.S. You can be my monkey any day, just no touching the monkey!

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 02:00:00 AM »
OK, I'm going to attempt a redo on my intro because I think it is important. I'm a cancer survivor. 99.9% sure it had nothing to do with tobacco but then again, I'm not a freaking genetics instructor at your favorite Kia store.. OK.

6 years ago I had cancer, age 38. Surgery cured it and I was diagnosed with Stage 1A cancer. The best diagnosis you can get without saying, well, you don't have cancer. LOL

I went on a program to monitor my progress and happily six years later I'm still cancer free.. No radiation, no chemo. guys, I was freaking lucky. very lucky.

I caught it super early and really it was just dumb luck..thanks to a few lucky ladies. wink wink. .... OK so what do you go thru. at the time my kids were 8, 5, and 2. I was 2 months divorced and to me life was over. My family, God Bless them, came in and had some tough love for me. Get tough and get busy. ain't nobody got time for tears. Now, something special came about me at that time. I remembered when I was 4 years old my mom mentioning something about me not really being her child. and Dad, well he wasn't really DAD. OK, I was 4. Come age 38 and I had cancer?? where the hell was dad??? Screw mom, I needed support and DAD was it... then I looked up and my answer was clear. I never believed in God til that night....And Amen, I have never quit believing in Him since. He has been a little foggy at times but always there.

I still believe He was there eating those last cans of tobacco with me the night I quit. Maybe he was holding my hair back while I puked. (wait, I'm bald). Well, I screamed His name and I'm still here. He did something right. God bless you all this night and may we have a great quit weekend. See you at 5pm Herb time.

Post roll fuckers... or I am going to send AppleJack some airline tickets to come where ever you are and kick your ass. Also, My friend Paradym will place the cans somewhere in your body they don't belong. He will tell you where. Im just an enabler.....with words from Yoda.... quit dipping dammit.. If my lazy ass can do it, you can.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Hey all my quit tin' friends. Man today was a ride. Had to sit in class for 8 freaking hours. Almost as bad as defensive driving. But I made the Nic bitch go away this morning. She was invading my dreams and tell me what a loser I was but that only one more can and I would be a winner. I said fine, but you are going to have to take my life from me first, I WILL NOT do it myself. Guess what??? She tucked her tail between her legs and ran off. Never heard from her again. Looking forward to that bottle my friend.

B-lo---you are correct on having a plan and I do. I got a text or three from AppleJack today. I will keep him close this weekend. He made me LMAO. While in that boring ass classroom. Got a good bud from RDU on the hook too. I am armed and ready.

Derik, Brett, Mothra, anybody else in my FEB group need phone numbers???? I'm available to help most of the weekend.

Mogul

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Make sure you have a plan going into a weekend with the house to yourself this early in your quit. I know those were tough times for me, and many others. Have your phone charged and get on KTC if your usual crave killing methods don't work. Live chat can snap you back in line real quick.
He's from Texas and not too far from me. If he even thinks about caving, I will put that can in a much worse place than in a shot of tequila.

That reminds me, stay off the alcohol for the next few weeks, it is a quit killer.

I will commit this to you right now as it seems we are both tequila drinkers. On day 101 of your quit, I will buy you a bottle of Don Julio 1942.

I have a feeling the odds are against me and you will be getting that fine bottle. I see a lot fight in you and you will beat this thing.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
Make sure you have a plan going into a weekend with the house to yourself this early in your quit. I know those were tough times for me, and many others. Have your phone charged and get on KTC if your usual crave killing methods don't work. Live chat can snap you back in line real quick.

Offline Sgt12

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
You are a crazy piece but I can get behind a quit like yours anytime!

Your quit will be legendary. Keep it going all day, every day... and again tomorrow! I quit with you. Let me know if you need another # or anything at all.
Cave: 11/28/13
New Quit Date: 11/29/13

Don't ever get complacent.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 04:20:00 AM »
Derik, way to fight the triggers man. Anytime a crave hits me I just think about taking out a nice crystal glass. Quartering a lime just right. Give that lime a little squeeze and rub the rim of the glass. turn the glass over and dip it ever so gently into some coarse salt so as to get a perfect halo of salt on there. Then take out some fine tequila and pouring maybe two shots in there. Now comes the good part. Open a can of your favorite lip dip and bask my smell senses with that woman pleasing odor it has. Get a teaspoon and set it by the glass. Replace the lid on the tin and give it a few good finger shakes to get it packed in. Reopen and plunge your dip grip into the can and take out a well packed pull. Instead of packing your lip and gum place the pull in the tequila. Get the spoon and stir it up nicely. OK, lets hit it. Take the glass and pour that grainy drink into your mouth and swish it around awhile so as to get every hidden space in your mouth a good taste of this new concoction. Now swallow. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

OK, sorry, it works for me.

It's friday guys and I have to go sit in class all freaking day. My wife will be at work for the next 3 days, so I'm home alone. Will check back with you guys tonight when I get back. Keep the quit up. post roll today and lets take it one day at a time through the weekend. Derik, Apple, George, Brettlees, Thanks for the messages and the support. This place rocks and keeps me honest.

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
Quit on brother! Today I got a text from this badass during work that helped me through the fog and the suck. (I work at a restaurant and I was backing the bar tonight, so I had the pleasure of being exposed to cigarette smoke for 6 hours)

Offline georgehayduke

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain Biking, Golf, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, Hiking
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »
I'll second that! Proud to be quitting with you and glad to know I've got a crazy SOB like you on my side!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Yer a special kinda crazy. I kinda dig that. Welcome to KTC bro. Stick around, this quittin' gets fun.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline deeznb

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Sports, Camping/Kayaking, not using NIC.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Congrats Mogul on your, well, unorthodox method of starting off your quit, whatever works for you man. Don't try to quit for the next 20 years all at once, just focus on one day at a time right now and you WILL beat this addiction. I'm proud to quit with you.

deeznb
Nic Killers
It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all.
"We can't trust the sword of a thousand truths to a Noob!"
'nhl'
Quit Date 10/16/13; HOF 01/23/14; 2nd floor 05/03/14

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Some of you have really inspired me. Pinched, you da man. Lots of wisdom in your words and you are well respected. I have always been the type to go full throttle no matter what. kinda did that with my quit. I think I got the proper response from my fellow quitters. OK, here is where I ruin it with Pinched and some others who were USMC. I was USAF. Now, Now, stop laughing those blue uniforms were not that bad and plus, when you wanted cable tv we had it.

Thank you all very much for the support. I'm here to help too if you need it.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
You know, I guess that was a pretty fucked up way to do it, but I hate that stuff now. I need to hate it. I was already hating what it cost me, the morning breath, the shit all over my truck but I needed to hate the addiction. Now I do and I quit. Never again.

Today I quit, just like yesterday. For any people here going thru your first week, I'm going to give you my run down of what I went thru. Keep in mind that I was very determined to quit and my mind was made up.

Day 1, probably too emotional and irritable. Wife noticed but supported me.
Day 2, Gas and a lot of it. wasn't able to squeeze enough out and fog started to set in
Day 3, Still lots of gas and heavy fog. This was the hardest day yet. I kinda liked the fog at times. My sleep was weird during the heavy fog. I didn't sleep much but when I did I went into deep sleep immediately and my muscles felt very relaxed. Also, I was pretty nauseated during this time.

Day 4, Tried to catch up on sleep. Again, heavy fog and gas. Slept in 30 minute intervals. (best I could do) once again the sleep felt deep just not long. Toilet at least 5 times that day.

Day 5, Sleep better, cravings drawing down but sore tongue and gums. really sore gums and the fog was still pretty thick.

Day 6 and 7 (today), Slept great last night but only for 5 hours or so. Feel rested and the fog is lifting. I have a sense of accomplishment but know that a long battle is still before me. the BM's still haven't returned to normal but I'm free of nicotine and that I love.

Mogul
I found it very beneficial to keep a timeline of my quit. Anytime I was down, I would read it and it helped a lot. I bet there were days when I read it 10 times.

Hope it helps you some.

My "suck scale" looked something like this:

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.
Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-109: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.