Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 12510 times)

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
*poof

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 12:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
My wife is pissed at me. I've had a few beers. This is usually the recipe for a dip. However, until tomorrow I'm 'Finger' to the dip. When tomorrow comes, I'll renew my commitment. This is is for the birds.
I ended up cutting back on alcohol during my quit. I'm sure it varies from person to person. I've read a few articles that say nicotine and alcohol go hand in hand. Using one makes one want to use the other is how it goes. I sort of figure why take the chance of getting drunk and having a chew. I've already read a few "cave" posts here where the member was drunk when they caved.... :P

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 12:01:00 AM »
*poof

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
*poof

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
*poof

Offline mat849

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-22
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
I left a spitter by the couch. My wife found it early this morning. I had been hiding my chewing from her for some time. I got caught before and quit for a few years. It has created quite a conflict between us. Hard to do this all without her support, but I understand she is going to be mad. I deceived her and I take responsibility for it. It was just hard to tell her and seek support from her because I knew she would react badly. She doesn't exactly greet my struggle with nurturing hugs. More like persistent nags and anger. I love her dearly though. However, I'm going to do this for me, not her.
My wife busted me when I left a pouch laying on the nightstand behind a picture frame. Took it out to take a nap one day when she wasn't home and forgot about it.

It sucks. A huge breech of trust that takes a long time to repair. Focus on what you can control. Quit. Do it for you. Be here first thing in the morning to make your promise not to use nic. And do it evry damn day.

Quit with you today!
Mat849
Quit date 08/22/14
HOF 11/29/14

Ragonk!

Offline JPAnthony

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
I know it. Makes absolutely no funking sense. For me, it was two things...

1) the chew in my lip (visual to others) was a mask to hide behind initially. It was my pass.
2) the feeling of it (to me) was escape and comfort.
One word tells the tale......ADDICT! That's how we all done this disgusting shit!
so true!
Intro - Motivated to Quit - 26 September 2015
HOF: January 3, 2016
Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
I know it. Makes absolutely no funking sense. For me, it was two things...

1) the chew in my lip (visual to others) was a mask to hide behind initially. It was my pass.
2) the feeling of it (to me) was escape and comfort.
One word tells the tale......ADDICT! That's how we all done this disgusting shit!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
*poof

Offline JPAnthony

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »
Still remember the first time I dipped. I threw up, but it gave me such a buzz... I kept chasing that same buzz on and off for 20 years.

I really picked up the habit back then because I was a city boy among country boys. I didn't fit in and most of the guys regularly made me feel like an outsider. So I picked up the habit to get "country cred", I guess. I made the decision though to continue it for years upon years so I am not saying this to blame "them."

This shit isn't even me. It's not who I am. It is the ghost of a 15 year old Detroiter trying to fit in with country folk the wrong way. This dip is a weak lil boy. Time to man up. 'arse'
amazing isn't it... first i dipped (Skoal cherry of all god-awful things) i puked, first time i drank (gin and natural light), i puked... and for some messed up reason i decided to stick with both of those activities...

i mean if i puked after the first time ever eating a certain food, i would NEVER eat the sh!t again... explain that.
Intro - Motivated to Quit - 26 September 2015
HOF: January 3, 2016
Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »
*poof

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
You got it brother, sac up and get it done! This is your quit, own it, take control every damn day early by posting roll when your feet hit the floor! Damn proud of you! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »
*poof

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
I left a spitter by the couch. My wife found it early this morning. I had been hiding my chewing from her for some time. I got caught before and quit for a few years. It has created quite a conflict between us. Hard to do this all without her support, but I understand she is going to be mad. I deceived her and I take responsibility for it. It was just hard to tell her and seek support from her because I knew she would react badly. She doesn't exactly greet my struggle with nurturing hugs. More like persistent nags and anger. I love her dearly though. However, I'm going to do this for me, not her.
Bingo! This is about you and you can do this. If I can you can.

Drink plenty of water and read as much as you can in the forum and on main website. Book mark this thread and read your own words back to yourself as often as you can.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »
Quote from: JPAnthony
Can_I_Kick_It,

Man, congrats on taking this step; even if it's one you've taken before. I just posted on roll call right below you. I am 3 hours in and already doing some internal battle. Good luck.
Excellent quit going on here.

On the ninja with family thing... I hear that a lot. Plenty of quitters have been there done that. Regain trust on day at a time by action of staying quit. The anger and confusion part of quitting should be aimed here. We understand and can take it. Your wife didn't put crap in your lip, that was nicotine trying to seduce you.

I am damn pleased to quit with two day 1s here!