Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 12512 times)

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
Here I am on Day 5...

It has been nice to get through a variety of daily routines on the weekends and weekday. I was able to really see how many things were effected by my need to step away and dip. It's easier to see more beauty and enjoy it when you're not being pimped by Nic.

I'm also learning to refocus my energy during a disagreement with my wife. In the past, that served as a regular catalyst for me dipping. When stressed, I'd pinch a bullet out that tin and stick it in my mouth and shoot away.

I'm still on guard, but all is well. The higher mountain to climb is earning my wife's trust back. 6 days ago, she caught me in my lie. I was cheating on her with Nic for a while. I left a spitter out and she found it. 5 days ago (and everyday since).... I quit. I stay quit.
Well, maybe not a higher mountain in the long run, but...still a mountain to climb

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
Here I am on Day 5...

It has been nice to get through a variety of daily routines on the weekends and weekday. I was able to really see how many things were effected by my need to step away and dip. It's easier to see more beauty and enjoy it when you're not being pimped by Nic.

I'm also learning to refocus my energy during a disagreement with my wife. In the past, that served as a regular catalyst for me dipping. When stressed, I'd pinch a bullet out that tin and stick it in my mouth and shoot away.

I'm still on guard, but all is well. The higher mountain to climb is earning my wife's trust back. 6 days ago, she caught me in my lie. I was cheating on her with Nic for a while. I left a spitter out and she found it. 5 days ago (and everyday since).... I quit. I stay quit.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
*poof

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
Had a dream last night that I caved....a dream...a dream.

Bow wow bitches. Ain't gon' happen Nic!
Dip dreams suck, but for me they reassure how awesome it is to be quit once I wake up!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
Had a dream last night that I caved....a dream...a dream.

Bow wow. Ain't gon' happen Nic!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Day 4 and 41 posts, and helping other new quitters..........bad ass man! I quit with you today.
What he said ^^^^×2! Damn strong start on your quit! Don't let up, stay focused and remember you will always be an addict. And just like the rest of us we were all lusting over the whore! Never ever forget how many men and women struggle daily just to hold what's left of there grossly disfigured face up, and why was we spared?
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
Day 4 and 41 posts, and helping other new quitters..........bad ass man! I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike23mx
you quit today. Not yesterday and not tomorrow. You can dip all you want tomorrow*, just make sure you quit today. Your brothers depend on you.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I want you to be aware. This shit will cycle. It will get better and then there will be days and times where you are all fucked up again. Dig in. Post roll. Log on. Chat, post, read, etc.

*tomorrow never comes.
Thanks brother. No bubble to burst here. I'm not that naive. Been down this road a few times before. Stopped for 2 years at one time and it came back around. Stopped for a year and it came back around. That's why I said, "I'm just focused on posting roll every morning and stick to it until I post the next morning."

I'm quit w/ you today, my brother.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
It's been really helpful having brothers like JP Anthony there. We quit on the same day. We text back and forth from time to time just to check in. It's good to have other folk there too though, whether on discussion board or chat room or text/call. I stopped dip in the past with another person and if you become too dependent on that one person's support, when they cave, you can cave. It's not a solid foundation. I truly believe that building bridges with weak foundations are bound to collapse. It's good to have an ace (or go-to brother) like JP, but it's important to broaden out your support base and build a more sustainable foundation. In previous attempts to quit (thatturned into just stops) I always had one person with me through the journey. Usually, this particular buddy of mine. We'd quit together. However, when one caved, the foundation crumbled and we both caved.
^^^^^

This is a key to success. Expand that brotherhood far and wide both within and beyond your quit group. This plus posting roll EDD are what keep us connected to reality and what protect us from nicotine's advances.

Your post inspired my quit today, thanks!

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-02
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »
you quit today. Not yesterday and not tomorrow. You can dip all you want tomorrow*, just make sure you quit today. Your brothers depend on you.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I want you to be aware. This shit will cycle. It will get better and then there will be days and times where you are all fucked up again. Dig in. Post roll. Log on. Chat, post, read, etc.

*tomorrow never comes.
Man up and be a quitter ODAAT. Post Roll EDD. It works.

ODAAT: One Day At A Time
EDD: Every Damn Day

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »
Day 4- Dodging Nic  (Re)Building a Solid Foundation of Support

Doing good really. The worst part of the fog seems to have passed actually. I know that Nic will coming creeping roun' the corner though once I get relaxed. He's a sneaky pimp. He'll try to get in my ear and run game on me. I know it's coming though and can peep game when I see/hear/feel it. Ain't gon' happen though. 'finger point'

Still earning back my wife's trust. I deceived her,running around with Nic. I get it. I'm just focused on posting roll every morning and stick to it until I post the next morning. This is what will rebuild our foundation. However, this time it will be stronger because I ditched the pimp, Nic.

It's been really helpful having brothers like JP Anthony there. We quit on the same day. We text back and forth from time to time just to check in. It's good to have other folk there too though, whether on discussion board or chat room or text/call. I stopped dip in the past with another person and if you become too dependent on that one person's support, when they cave, you can cave. It's not a solid foundation. I truly believe that building bridges with weak foundations are bound to collapse. It's good to have an ace (or go-to brother) like JP, but it's important to broaden out your support base and build a more sustainable foundation. In previous attempts to quit (thatturned into just stops) I always had one person with me through the journey. Usually, this particular buddy of mine. We'd quit together. However, when one caved, the foundation crumbled and we both caved.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: worktowin
Wife leaves for work in 30. I got 30 minutes to myself before I leave for work. Used to be a prime opportunity. Not today, no way. The Devil is a lie.
Focus on not what you used to do but what you need to do.
This is a great intro. Dude, you aren't in this alone.

One day at a time. How you are feeling today is not the new normal. Ever had the stomach flu? You know... The one where both ends are simultaneously exploding? And you think... Omg... I have never been this sick and it is never going to stop!?!

And then it does.

Nicotine withdrawal is the shits. It will get better. Your 30 minutes of dip solitude will become 30 minutes of you time that you will cherish. You've got this.
I now take that time to walk my daughter to the bus stop. W2W is 100% right. Embrace the suck and you will come out stronger than you ever thought possible.
If you can embrace those moments and see what you are becoming rather than the slave you were, those moments become small victories which are small bricks in your quit castle. You can't build that castle in one day, but keep at it, keep adding one to the wall and you'll have a fortress before you know it.

I like your attitude, but stop glorifying those moments. That was also one of the hardest things to do for me in the beginning of my quit as well, but trust me when I tell you that the faster you can get your head around the fact that dip never did a damn thing for you, the sooner you will go from struggling against your addiction to crushing it with little thought.

Sorry about your dad, I can't imagine what that would be like. You're right though, you dipping doesn't bring him back and in fact puts you in front of the locomotive when it comes to your little girl. You can do this brother, we're right here with you.
You've got to remember, we've all struggled and myself still struggling at times, but I've learned to deal with it and understand it's just part of being the addict that I am! We can do this, no one ever said it was going to be easy but no one has died from quitting! Look at all the badass supporters you have backing you! That's frigging awesome! Damn proud of you! You're doing great! Quit on my brother!
My serial stopper/pre-quit mind...

I want to leave him, but he makes me feel so good about myself. When I’m going through stress, I don’t even need to think much. I just connect with Nic and he tells me what to do pretty much. He is my brain in times of stress. He thinks for me. It’s like when I am arguing with my wife, Nic sets me straight and says, “Don’t worry about all that shit. You have a covenant with me now. Just get your ass to the park and spend some time with me. Run away with me, run away!” Of course he's going to treat me good. Why? I go out and make money for Nic. He keeps me feeling good and I bring him the cash the only way I know how.

I tried to leave Nic for Jake. Jake is kinda like a fake pimp. He doesnÂ’t beat me the same way as Nic, but then again, he doesnÂ’t have to. I still bring him the money. Jake doesnÂ’t have to raise a fist at all. I just willingly give him my money. Why? At least he treats me better than Nic. Before you know it though, I need some Nic to protect me so I come crawling back.

I can’t help, but be pimped. You might see a “manly” lump in my cheek. I’m a “man’s man,” right? The truth is, I’m a bitch and he’s my pimp. I’m just fooling you and myself.
Keep digging bro. The more layers you can peel off early on, the sooner you get to start building the layers back. We can do nothing about the losers we used to be. We can not be a loser today, and that's all that really matters.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »
*poof

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Wife leaves for work in 30. I got 30 minutes to myself before I leave for work. Used to be a prime opportunity. Not today, no way. The Devil is a lie.

One day at a time. How you are feeling today is not the new normal. Ever had the stomach flu? You know... The one where both ends are simultaneously exploding? And you think... Omg... I have never been this sick and it is never going to stop!?!

And then it does.

Nicotine withdrawal is the shits. It will get better. Your 30 minutes of dip solitude will become 30 minutes of you time that you will cherish. You've got this.
I now take that time to walk my daughter to the bus stop. W2W is 100% right. Embrace the suck and you will come out stronger than you ever thought possible.
If you can embrace those moments and see what you are becoming rather than the slave you were, those moments become small victories which are small bricks in your quit castle. You can't build that castle in one day, but keep at it, keep adding one to the wall and you'll have a fortress before you know it.

I like your attitude, but stop glorifying those moments. That was also one of the hardest things to do for me in the beginning of my quit as well, but trust me when I tell you that the faster you can get your head around the fact that dip never did a damn thing for you, the sooner you will go from struggling against your addiction to crushing it with little thought.

Sorry about your dad, I can't imagine what that would be like. You're right though, you dipping doesn't bring him back and in fact puts you in front of the locomotive when it comes to your little girl. You can do this brother, we're right here with you.
You've got to remember, we've all struggled and myself still struggling at times, but I've learned to deal with it and understand it's just part of being the addict that I am! We can do this, no one ever said it was going to be easy but no one has died from quitting! Look at all the badass supporters you have backing you! That's frigging awesome! Damn proud of you! You're doing great! Quit on my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »

And then it does.

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18