Author Topic: Time to Make a Change  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time to Make a Change
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Dg post roll with us and you will find support like you never known. We may bust yu balls if we think you need it. And like wise ou may kick us in the nuts. Yea jake may have only been quit for ten days but he is a bad ass and I would bet money on him posting roll out to 100 days and beyond. I would love to quit with you man.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Mcbeevee

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
OK, DG, prove me wrong!!!!!!
Quit today all day long!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: dgreak
Discouraged, not me, and you are correct some of you guys have been total dicks.  I do appreciate the concern for my wife, but it will be just fine.  I do like how you all think I'm leaving myself and out, nothing is further from the truth.  You all can call me a caver, or call BS on whatever you want, but it seems to me like you guys are in the same boat I'm in, so what makes you think I should believe you a damn thing you say.  We are all liars, cheats, and addicts.

Jake, really man you've been quit for a whole 10 or so days, and you know me better than I know me.  I appreciate it but I think I got this one right now.  However, I do wish you well and look forward being at the end of 100 days with you.

Thanks for all the guys that have made me feel like I was in the right place.

Mods, since I am new sorry if I crossed the line with this response
I Def like all the conviction you have here.... Keep that and I will see you at the end of 100 days... and more! Its good to be angry. And I can often be wrong. I like when I am in an instance like this. see you at role call tom morning.
Is that sincerity i see. Glad to have you aboard. You might have a chance after all. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Discouraged, not me, and you are correct some of you guys have been total dicks.  I do appreciate the concern for my wife, but it will be just fine.  I do like how you all think I'm leaving myself and out, nothing is further from the truth.  You all can call me a caver, or call BS on whatever you want, but it seems to me like you guys are in the same boat I'm in, so what makes you think I should believe you a damn thing you say.  We are all liars, cheats, and addicts.

Jake, really man you've been quit for a whole 10 or so days, and you know me better than I know me.  I appreciate it but I think I got this one right now.  However, I do wish you well and look forward being at the end of 100 days with you.

I Def like all the conviction you have here.... Keep that and I will see you at the end of 100 days... and more! Its good to be angry. And I can often be wrong. I like when I am in an instance like this. see you at role call tom morning.

Offline nebraskadad58

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
Well, everybody this is my first day in a long time without a dip, 22 years to be exact. I have been pondering this decision for quite awhile, and today seemed like the day.

I started this nasty habit back when I was in school, and never thought it would last this long. So after a can a day habit, countless dollars, and the never ending line of spit cups I've had enough. I don't even want to do it anymore, I don't like how I feel, I don't like how it taste, and I'm just plain tired of having this feeling like I am owned by a $6.00 can.

As most people on here I have tried this in the past, but I was never ready to quit. I've done herbal snuff (flat sucks), accupuncture (worked great as long as I went 3 times a week), and cold turkey. I have lied countless times to my wife and boys, and if I don't do it now my boys will be in the same boat I am in.

For most of my life I have not only enjoyed dipping, I have loved it, but not anymore. Hell, this is the only comittment I have really ever kept, at least I am good at it.

So that is where I am right now, pissed off, angry, and just plain tired. I have made up my mind, finally, and I have no intentions of doing this again. The hardest part is I don't plan on telling my family this time. I can't bear to see the disappointment in their eyes if I fail again. They're smart folks they'll notice in a few weeks that I'm not doing and hopefully that gives me a push to keep going at the moment I will need it the most.

Thanks for letting me ramble and I will see some or all of you at roll call tomorrow.
greak

Once I threw the can away the decision and discussion was over, hell or high water i am done. I refuse to every pick up a fucking can again.

it seemed like the 1st 3 days I was climbing the friggin' walls, yesterday was better and today was definitely an improvement.

So plan on a little roughness on the trip out.

the people here "call that roughness" the "Suck". and it passes. but doesn't seem like it will when you are in it.

You ain't alone.
Quit Day - May 6 2013
Sobriety Date: January 6, 1986

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
Discouraged, not me, and you are correct some of you guys have been total dicks. I do appreciate the concern for my wife, but it will be just fine. I do like how you all think I'm leaving myself and out, nothing is further from the truth. You all can call me a caver, or call BS on whatever you want, but it seems to me like you guys are in the same boat I'm in, so what makes you think I should believe you a damn thing you say. We are all liars, cheats, and addicts.

Jake, really man you've been quit for a whole 10 or so days, and you know me better than I know me. I appreciate it but I think I got this one right now. However, I do wish you well and look forward being at the end of 100 days with you.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
By the way! I know some of us seem like assholes.... Its cause we really do care! We addicts are the best at lying and rationalizing... The worst part is we believe ourselves... We all need people to be honest with us and call it the way it is! Do not get discouraged! Take in what you can and work with the rest!
Let me tell you my story, kinda funny really. 85 days ago I told my wife to come in the kitchen. I dumped a brand new can out right in front of her. She was mad because I just wasted 5 bucks. She didn't believe I was quitting. I had failed to many times and disappointed her.

It's actually in my intro somewhere. I don't know exactly how long it was. I think it was after my 30's. She says,, you really quit didn't you? I was amazed. I thought for sure we had established that a month or so earlier on february 15th.

What ever you decide,,, Stay quit,, your life depends on it...
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Guys, I appreciate all the advice and criticism that comes with this. However despite the suggestions to tell my family, that is not happening yet. It has nothing to with me thinking I am going to fail, or I want to slip off and steal dip, or the fact they can't hold me accountable. It has everything to do with the fact this is about me not them. I've tried making it about them and it hasn't worked in the past, so this time it's for me and nobody else. Everybody will find out soon enough and we will play it where it lies at that point.
I see you posted up a day 2. Great job. Now buckle up and be prepared for a wild ride. I didn't tell my wife about my quit until a week later. I figured if she new about it during the first few days of suck I would rage on her instead of trying to hide it from her. Instead I just came in here and read or went to live chat. Kept me from being an asshole to my family.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
By the way! I know some of us seem like assholes.... Its cause we really do care! We addicts are the best at lying and rationalizing... The worst part is we believe ourselves... We all need people to be honest with us and call it the way it is! Do not get discouraged! Take in what you can and work with the rest!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »
Guys, I appreciate all the advice and criticism that comes with this. However despite the suggestions to tell my family, that is not happening yet. It has nothing to with me thinking I am going to fail, or I want to slip off and steal dip, or the fact they can't hold me accountable. It has everything to do with the fact this is about me not them. I've tried making it about them and it hasn't worked in the past, so this time it's for me and nobody else. Everybody will find out soon enough and we will play it where it lies at that point.
Well all that sounds real good. You just have to know that your nicotine brain will do anything and everything the next 2 weeks everyday all day to make you fail... The mind games that nicotine plays are relentless. Around here we like to QLF (Quit like fuck). That means we like to close all the doors. No easy outs. Make it as hard on yourself as possible to give in to the nic bitch.

Your wife knowing is inevitable. You will have a very hard time not telling her very soon. My problem with your way of thinking is your wife will not know you need space sometimes. Remember that nicotine withdrawal can cause rage. Your wife will not know you need help when you are going through anxiety,, yes this is part of it. Like I said it's inevitable.

I am most concerned about the door you are leaving wide open. The first 4 days that door you have left opened is going to be so tempting. It's already hard enough without adding the fact that your family knows nothing about what you are going through. Let me know how it turns out,, very interested.

I just know what you are going to be going trough the next couple weeks. I want you to succeed.. I have seen to many failures lately. It is depressing to see the nic bitch win. Around here we QLF (QUIT LIKE FUCK). We shut all the doors
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
Well, everybody this is my first day in a long time without a dip, 22 years to be exact.  I  have been pondering this decision for quite awhile, and today seemed like the day.
I just want to understand.... You have been a member for over 2 years and this is your first day quit? I hate to judge, but it seems like you don't take this serious! How can you not tell your wife? Do you think you will not have mood changes? You will! If I am wrong then great! But tell your wife and make a public commitment! otherwise you really are leaving yourself an out! I gotta call bullshit today though! Its a weak position you are taking!

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
So where ya at DG? Get that promise posted bright N early (unless you is one of them night workers...)
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Mcbeevee

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
DG,
Sounds like all the planets have aligned and you are true to your Quit this time. My only advice is to come clean to the wife, family, and close friends about your Quit. You are leaving the back door open so you can slip out and dip behind the barn. No more excuses! Burn the boats so there is no going back!!! Own this Quit and be proud of your success this time! Lead your boys by example!
Quit today all day long!!!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
Guys I appreciate the words, I signed roll about an hour ago, before I made this post, and I am stoked that this has started. I'm sure I will need you guys way more than you need me and I appreciate you offering.
Welcome to KTC, I quit with you today. I tell you what my friend, there is a lot of bad ass quit in this place. We're with you.