Author Topic: Time to Make a Change  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time to Make a Change
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
Damn it I really believe you want to be free but, like has already been pointed out you have some failure language that you need to drop! I made promises to quit so many times to my wife during our 32 years of marriage I understand your hesitation to tell the family. When I quit over 400 days ago I was scared to death that I would fail again but I went to my wife and showed her this site that I found and made her a daily part of my quit. She knows my quit partners by name, what they do and has met some of them. She still asks regularly how different guys are doing. As far as loving that dip, time will help in recognizing the truth about that. Spend time reading all you can and participate 100%. Pm me if you need anything.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
Quote from: dgreak
Guys I appreciate the words, I signed roll about an hour ago, before I made this post, and I am stoked that this has started. I'm sure I will need you guys way more than you need me and I appreciate you offering.
I seen that you posted roll before you even wrote the intro. NICE!! Maybe you are more serious about this quit then I originally thought.. I hope so,, I wouldn't wish nicotine addiction on my worst enemy. 85 days later and i'm so happy I've quit.

Now take caving off the table early. GO POST ROLL!!

I hope you get your wife on board. The sooner the better. You will not be able to keep her from this for long. To many changes coming. Have her read the spousal support in the welcome center. You won't fail,, you owe it yourself not to. Take failing off the table!!!! Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
When you've had enough and want to pull up your big boy pants - come back and post your promise - bite the bullet and come clean with your wife and enlist her as part of your quit program.

It's gonna suck but if you're not man enough to take those first couple of steps then blow!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
Well, everybody this is my first day in a long time without a dip, 22 years to be exact.  I  have been pondering this decision for quite awhile, and today seemed like the day.

I started this nasty habit back when I was in school, and never thought it would last this long. So after a can a day habit, countless dollars, and the never ending line of spit cups I've had enough.  I don't even want to do it anymore, I don't like how I feel, I don't like how it taste, and I'm just plain tired of having this feeling like I am owned by a $6.00 can.

As most people on here I have tried this in the past, but I was never ready to quit.  I've done herbal snuff (flat sucks), accupuncture (worked great as long as I went 3 times a week), and cold turkey.  I have lied countless times to my wife and boys, and if I don't do it now my boys will be in the same boat I am in. 

For most of my life I have not only enjoyed dipping, I have loved it, but not anymore.  Hell, this is the only comittment I have really ever kept, at least I am good at it.

So that is where I am right now, pissed off, angry, and just plain tired.  I have made up my mind, finally, and I have no intentions of doing this again. The hardest part is I don't plan on telling my family this time.  I can't bear to see the disappointment in their eyes if I fail again. They're smart folks they'll notice in a few weeks that I'm not doing and hopefully that gives me a push to keep going at the moment I will need it the most.

Thanks for letting me ramble and I will see some or all of you at roll call tomorrow.
Friend I'm going to be real. The last few lines got me. Three quarters of that you had me really believing in you. When I got to the end it sounded like you changed your mind. First you were all about quitting, then the dreaded, if i fail. You've even decided not to tell the wife so when you fail its no big deal. You'll cave by tomorrow with this line of thinking... I could be wrong. I sure wouldn't bet on you.

You want Me to tell you how you succeed. Its totally opposite of what your thinking. Get rid of words like hope and if. Your either quit or not. You'll cave by tomorrow with that type of thinking.

You go to the Top left,,, welcome center. Learn how to post roll. Post your promise to you and everyone here that your not going to use.. Its called accountability. We post roll everyday. Read everything in the welcome center. After that you tell everyone especially your wife. Accountability my friend. How bad do you want it??? Its up top you..
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Well, everybody this is my first day in a long time without a dip, 22 years to be exact. I have been pondering this decision for quite awhile, and today seemed like the day.

I started this nasty habit back when I was in school, and never thought it would last this long. So after a can a day habit, countless dollars, and the never ending line of spit cups I've had enough. I don't even want to do it anymore, I don't like how I feel, I don't like how it taste, and I'm just plain tired of having this feeling like I am owned by a $6.00 can.

As most people on here I have tried this in the past, but I was never ready to quit. I've done herbal snuff (flat sucks), accupuncture (worked great as long as I went 3 times a week), and cold turkey. I have lied countless times to my wife and boys, and if I don't do it now my boys will be in the same boat I am in.

For most of my life I have not only enjoyed dipping, I have loved it, but not anymore. Hell, this is the only comittment I have really ever kept, at least I am good at it.

So that is where I am right now, pissed off, angry, and just plain tired. I have made up my mind, finally, and I have no intentions of doing this again. The hardest part is I don't plan on telling my family this time. I can't bear to see the disappointment in their eyes if I fail again. They're smart folks they'll notice in a few weeks that I'm not doing and hopefully that gives me a push to keep going at the moment I will need it the most.

Thanks for letting me ramble and I will see some or all of you at roll call tomorrow.
First off, congratulations on your decision.

Second, post roll right now. The day you quit is day #1

Third, this is not a habit. Chewing your fingernails is a habit. This is an addiction. Big difference. You have become chemically dependent on one of the most addictive substances known to mankind - nicotine. You will be an addict for life. Only way to beat it is to never use it again. Not once!

Fourth, you never enjoyed being a slave to this crap - see the third point above. You are a drug addict and your drug made you think you loved it. You didn't have a choice but to think you loved it because you we're under the influence of nicotine. Learn to hate it with a passion because it has lied to you and made you it's slave and stole your money.

If you are serious about quitting then make your promise to not use nicotine today. Keep your promise. Then post roll first thing tomorrow and repeat one day at a time.

You can do this if you really want it.

-NDY 618 days of freedom
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Guys I appreciate the words, I signed roll about an hour ago, before I made this post, and I am stoked that this has started. I'm sure I will need you guys way more than you need me and I appreciate you offering.
As we needed those before us and as you will need those behind you. This site works due to the accountability and the brotherhood. The best way to learn a subject is to teach it, sometimes the best way to cope is to comfort someone else. It's weirded but it works. I need you and I am glad to be quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Well, everybody this is my first day in a long time without a dip, 22 years to be exact.  I  have been pondering this decision for quite awhile, and today seemed like the day.

I started this nasty habit back when I was in school, and never thought it would last this long. So after a can a day habit, countless dollars, and the never ending line of spit cups I've had enough.  I don't even want to do it anymore, I don't like how I feel, I don't like how it taste, and I'm just plain tired of having this feeling like I am owned by a $6.00 can.

As most people on here I have tried this in the past, but I was never ready to quit.  I've done herbal snuff (flat sucks), accupuncture (worked great as long as I went 3 times a week), and cold turkey.  I have lied countless times to my wife and boys, and if I don't do it now my boys will be in the same boat I am in. 

For most of my life I have not only enjoyed dipping, I have loved it, but not anymore.  Hell, this is the only comittment I have really ever kept, at least I am good at it.

So that is where I am right now, pissed off, angry, and just plain tired.  I have made up my mind, finally, and I have no intentions of doing this again. The hardest part is I don't plan on telling my family this time.  I can't bear to see the disappointment in their eyes if I fail again. They're smart folks they'll notice in a few weeks that I'm not doing and hopefully that gives me a push to keep going at the moment I will need it the most.

Alright D - good words. But let's hit the bullets:
  • Click the salmony pink "Welcome Center" above and read your addict ass off.
  • After reading everything in the Welcome Center - read it again.
  • IF you ready to remove the shackles Â… then you need to post your promise (roll) tonight. You are in the August 2013 Pre HOF quit group. We see dozens of drive-bys every week that say they are going to post tomorrow, or Sunday, or the next time it rains, or when they get their first gray ass hairÂ….and we never see them again. If you are quit, and you want to stay quit, post roll. Period.
  • If you need to talk or "chat" Â…. click on the LIVE CHAT and jump in there and talk.
D - you are among peers. Noone understands the lies and shame and frustration of being a nicotine addict like a bunch of nicotine addicts. Your emancipation awaits...

Vadge

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Dgreak. Wow glad to have you here. First let's look at a few things in your post. You are sick of it, that's awesome and is a great reason to quit, it was mine. You aren't going to tell your family, cool they will be surprised. The bs is that you may fail them again. Go to the welcome center learn how to post roll. We only quit for a day. We post roll every day and promis pe not to use nicotine that day at all. I am new and we will be in the same quit Groupe , what I can tell you there are some badass quiters here in every phase of the quit and even years into it. We are the Groupe of August ther is no maybe. You can do this Come quit with us brother. Pm me if you need me an you are seriouse. I am glad to be quitting with you man!!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
Time to Make a Change
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
Well, everybody this is my first day in a long time without a dip, 22 years to be exact. I have been pondering this decision for quite awhile, and today seemed like the day.

I started this nasty habit back when I was in school, and never thought it would last this long. So after a can a day habit, countless dollars, and the never ending line of spit cups I've had enough. I don't even want to do it anymore, I don't like how I feel, I don't like how it taste, and I'm just plain tired of having this feeling like I am owned by a $6.00 can.

As most people on here I have tried this in the past, but I was never ready to quit. I've done herbal snuff (flat sucks), accupuncture (worked great as long as I went 3 times a week), and cold turkey. I have lied countless times to my wife and boys, and if I don't do it now my boys will be in the same boat I am in.

For most of my life I have not only enjoyed dipping, I have loved it, but not anymore. Hell, this is the only comittment I have really ever kept, at least I am good at it.

So that is where I am right now, pissed off, angry, and just plain tired. I have made up my mind, finally, and I have no intentions of doing this again. The hardest part is I don't plan on telling my family this time. I can't bear to see the disappointment in their eyes if I fail again. They're smart folks they'll notice in a few weeks that I'm not doing and hopefully that gives me a push to keep going at the moment I will need it the most.