Author Topic: Time to Make a Change  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time to Make a Change
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Tomorrow is a the day we are picking your ass up. Don't be late and have your bags packed. Can't wait. It will be a special day for you, remember to sign up for 200 as we are and will forever be ODAAT. I quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
thanks for responses guys, I really appreciate it. Srans and eruss I look forward to reading your posts and take allot from them so it is nice to have you guys respond, you both have been more than helpful. I am getting to the point that I feel comfortable posting more, so I am sure you guys will be seeing a little more of me.

I'll quit with you guys any time anywhere. Keep adding the +1's up.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: dgreak
I figured taking a break from Q2 reports and watching "Open Range" was in order, so I figured I would add to this thread.  The feeling of not being dependent on a can is liberating.  I still have craves, and even had a few dip dreams, you talk about a guilty feeling, other than that things are well.

I know I have been pretty silent on the board and I want to explain myself in a little better detail.  By nature I am a very private person, weird since I am in sales, but that is just how I have always been.  I have not been involved as much on the board because I haven't felt I am stable enough in my quit to offer hope and support to newbs.  But, after 61 days I am making strides that allow me to feel like I can be helpful and I might actually have something to offer in the form of advice or just listening.

So here goes a peak behind the curtain.  In a few months it will be 9 years since I lost a friend to throat cancer.  It should have been an immediate wake up call and I should be around 3100 days in my quit, but I am only 61 days in.  I don't think about it everyday, but I think about it allot we had lost touch and just got reunited a month or so before he passed.  Long story short, I knew at the time what caused the cancer, I knew what took his life, and I knew I needed to quit.  The addict in me justified every can I bought for the next 3000 days. Fortunatly I have quit on my terms, either way we all quit.

I just wanted to put a little piece of myself out there in hopes that somebody that is just starting will see this and think "man this guy wasted 3000 days, but he is here now and that lets me know I can do it."

I believe diesel said it, or may Got2Happen, correct me if I am wrong..."everytime I took a dip I said I love nicotine more than I love my kids".  This quote is the first thing on my mind everyday and it puts it in perspective for me, QLFEDD. Guys I am pretty much a flake when it comes to taking care of myself, so if I can stick to this and do it all of you can.  I'll walk through fire for people close to me and I will defend them even when they are wrong, but it took 3000 days for me to walk through fire for me, newbs listen up don't wait this long the benefits of a nic free life are much greater than the false joy nic ever brought you.

Quit on August, quit on!
Is a Q2 report like a tps report?

Don't be a stranger. Posting on yours and others intros helps .
keep picking em up and laying em down !

Leaving a trail for the guys behind or yourself should you find yourself lost
I would like to give a dg report. Dgreak is turning into a lean mean quitting machine. Keep it up bro.

I second what diesel said. Would really like to see you on more intros. You have some good stuff to say bro. When you keep it bottled up Me and others don't benefit from it. I will quit with you anyday.
Damn brother.... Damn! Glad your bad ass is in my group Dgreak. I am proud to be quitting with you bro!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
I figured taking a break from Q2 reports and watching "Open Range" was in order, so I figured I would add to this thread.  The feeling of not being dependent on a can is liberating.  I still have craves, and even had a few dip dreams, you talk about a guilty feeling, other than that things are well.

I know I have been pretty silent on the board and I want to explain myself in a little better detail.  By nature I am a very private person, weird since I am in sales, but that is just how I have always been.  I have not been involved as much on the board because I haven't felt I am stable enough in my quit to offer hope and support to newbs.  But, after 61 days I am making strides that allow me to feel like I can be helpful and I might actually have something to offer in the form of advice or just listening.

So here goes a peak behind the curtain.  In a few months it will be 9 years since I lost a friend to throat cancer.  It should have been an immediate wake up call and I should be around 3100 days in my quit, but I am only 61 days in.  I don't think about it everyday, but I think about it allot we had lost touch and just got reunited a month or so before he passed.  Long story short, I knew at the time what caused the cancer, I knew what took his life, and I knew I needed to quit.  The addict in me justified every can I bought for the next 3000 days. Fortunatly I have quit on my terms, either way we all quit.

I just wanted to put a little piece of myself out there in hopes that somebody that is just starting will see this and think "man this guy wasted 3000 days, but he is here now and that lets me know I can do it."

I believe diesel said it, or may Got2Happen, correct me if I am wrong..."everytime I took a dip I said I love nicotine more than I love my kids".  This quote is the first thing on my mind everyday and it puts it in perspective for me, QLFEDD. Guys I am pretty much a flake when it comes to taking care of myself, so if I can stick to this and do it all of you can.  I'll walk through fire for people close to me and I will defend them even when they are wrong, but it took 3000 days for me to walk through fire for me, newbs listen up don't wait this long the benefits of a nic free life are much greater than the false joy nic ever brought you.

Quit on August, quit on!

I would like to give a dg report. Dgreak is turning into a lean mean quitting machine. Keep it up bro.

I second what diesel said. Would really like to see you on more intros. You have some good stuff to say bro. When you keep it bottled up Me and others don't benefit from it. I will quit with you anyday.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »

Quit on August, quit on!

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
"Peter it seems you have been missing allot of work lately. I wouldn't say I've missing it, Bob."

Great freaking movie. And yes they are just like TPS reports, they have no bearing on what we do as a company, but somebody likes reading so I have to do them.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
I figured taking a break from Q2 reports and watching "Open Range" was in order, so I figured I would add to this thread. The feeling of not being dependent on a can is liberating. I still have craves, and even had a few dip dreams, you talk about a guilty feeling, other than that things are well.

I know I have been pretty silent on the board and I want to explain myself in a little better detail. By nature I am a very private person, weird since I am in sales, but that is just how I have always been. I have not been involved as much on the board because I haven't felt I am stable enough in my quit to offer hope and support to newbs. But, after 61 days I am making strides that allow me to feel like I can be helpful and I might actually have something to offer in the form of advice or just listening.

So here goes a peak behind the curtain. In a few months it will be 9 years since I lost a friend to throat cancer. It should have been an immediate wake up call and I should be around 3100 days in my quit, but I am only 61 days in. I don't think about it everyday, but I think about it allot we had lost touch and just got reunited a month or so before he passed. Long story short, I knew at the time what caused the cancer, I knew what took his life, and I knew I needed to quit. The addict in me justified every can I bought for the next 3000 days. Fortunatly I have quit on my terms, either way we all quit.

I believe diesel said it, or may Got2Happen, correct me if I am wrong..."everytime I took a dip I said I love nicotine more than I love my kids". This quote is the first thing on my mind everyday and it puts it in perspective for me, QLFEDD. Guys I am pretty much a flake when it comes to taking care of myself, so if I can stick to this and do it all of you can. I'll walk through fire for people close to me and I will defend them even when they are wrong, but it took 3000 days for me to walk through fire for me, newbs listen up don't wait this long the benefits of a nic free life are much greater than the false joy nic ever brought you.

Quit on August, quit on!

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
I figured taking a break from Q2 reports and watching "Open Range" was in order, so I figured I would add to this thread. The feeling of not being dependent on a can is liberating. I still have craves, and even had a few dip dreams, you talk about a guilty feeling, other than that things are well.

I know I have been pretty silent on the board and I want to explain myself in a little better detail. By nature I am a very private person, weird since I am in sales, but that is just how I have always been. I have not been involved as much on the board because I haven't felt I am stable enough in my quit to offer hope and support to newbs. But, after 61 days I am making strides that allow me to feel like I can be helpful and I might actually have something to offer in the form of advice or just listening.

So here goes a peak behind the curtain. In a few months it will be 9 years since I lost a friend to throat cancer. It should have been an immediate wake up call and I should be around 3100 days in my quit, but I am only 61 days in. I don't think about it everyday, but I think about it allot we had lost touch and just got reunited a month or so before he passed. Long story short, I knew at the time what caused the cancer, I knew what took his life, and I knew I needed to quit. The addict in me justified every can I bought for the next 3000 days. Fortunatly I have quit on my terms, either way we all quit.

I believe diesel said it, or may Got2Happen, correct me if I am wrong..."everytime I took a dip I said I love nicotine more than I love my kids". This quote is the first thing on my mind everyday and it puts it in perspective for me, QLFEDD. Guys I am pretty much a flake when it comes to taking care of myself, so if I can stick to this and do it all of you can. I'll walk through fire for people close to me and I will defend them even when they are wrong, but it took 3000 days for me to walk through fire for me, newbs listen up don't wait this long the benefits of a nic free life are much greater than the false joy nic ever brought you.

Quit on August, quit on!
Thanks for the post!

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 01:37:00 AM »

Quit on August, quit on!

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
I appreciate the words guys. I am sure there is another shoe waiting to drop, but I feel like I am prepared to handle the situation when it does due to this site. I may not post allot, but I read something new everyday and it helps me stay quit. Some of the intros are really inspiring.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
Quote from: cdaniels
Well guys just dropping a quick update on the quit.  I am at 36 days now and things are rocking along.  There are times that are difficult, but for the most part this has been easier, and more rewarding, than I had envisioned.  Still having a few craves here and there, mostly after meals, but I just chew gum like I'm trying to set it on fire until they pass.

Finally made it to the dentist after 15 years or being embarrassed to go because of my habit.  I do have a small spot on my check that is being removed next week, but the oral surgeon thinks it is just a spot that has been bit too many times and has made a bump on my check.  It's been there for years but I guess better safe than sorry at this point.  I guess the coolest, or strangest, thing about my visit to the oral surgeon today is they did a full x-ray or my mouth.  Well when I was 10 years old the crazy kid down the street shot me in the face with a BB, my dad dug around in my face and said the BB must have come out. Guess what...it didn't.  Plain as day on the x-ray a perfectly round BB in my left check, been in there for right about 30 years.  I guess they don't disolve over time.

Anyway, still quit, and damn glad to be, with you guys.  I am just a PM away if anybody needs anything.  Quit on August!
proud of you for going in. Keep up the fight brother.
Proud of you greak. You've began uncovering the lies brother. The poison made us think it was impossible. Now you no the truth. Keep your guard up and remain vigilant. I quit with you my friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
Well guys just dropping a quick update on the quit. I am at 36 days now and things are rocking along. There are times that are difficult, but for the most part this has been easier, and more rewarding, than I had envisioned. Still having a few craves here and there, mostly after meals, but I just chew gum like I'm trying to set it on fire until they pass.

Finally made it to the dentist after 15 years or being embarrassed to go because of my habit. I do have a small spot on my check that is being removed next week, but the oral surgeon thinks it is just a spot that has been bit too many times and has made a bump on my check. It's been there for years but I guess better safe than sorry at this point. I guess the coolest, or strangest, thing about my visit to the oral surgeon today is they did a full x-ray or my mouth. Well when I was 10 years old the crazy kid down the street shot me in the face with a BB, my dad dug around in my face and said the BB must have come out. Guess what...it didn't. Plain as day on the x-ray a perfectly round BB in my left check, been in there for right about 30 years. I guess they don't disolve over time.

Anyway, still quit, and damn glad to be, with you guys. I am just a PM away if anybody needs anything. Quit on August!
proud of you for going in. Keep up the fight brother.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline dgreak

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
Well guys just dropping a quick update on the quit. I am at 36 days now and things are rocking along. There are times that are difficult, but for the most part this has been easier, and more rewarding, than I had envisioned. Still having a few craves here and there, mostly after meals, but I just chew gum like I'm trying to set it on fire until they pass.

Finally made it to the dentist after 15 years or being embarrassed to go because of my habit. I do have a small spot on my check that is being removed next week, but the oral surgeon thinks it is just a spot that has been bit too many times and has made a bump on my check. It's been there for years but I guess better safe than sorry at this point. I guess the coolest, or strangest, thing about my visit to the oral surgeon today is they did a full x-ray or my mouth. Well when I was 10 years old the crazy kid down the street shot me in the face with a BB, my dad dug around in my face and said the BB must have come out. Guess what...it didn't. Plain as day on the x-ray a perfectly round BB in my left check, been in there for right about 30 years. I guess they don't disolve over time.

Anyway, still quit, and damn glad to be, with you guys. I am just a PM away if anybody needs anything. Quit on August!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Quote from: jhaenel23
I have kind of let this thread get dusty so I thought I would clean it off with an update.  Man these have been the best few days I have had in a long time.  I know I'm just 12 days in but this time it has been real different.  I honestly have not had any cravings that seem like they are too much, I have not once been tempted to go grab a can. I have drank and hung out with my dipping buddies this weekend without any problems, and I thought that would be impossible.  And, honestly I am not on edge near as much without it as I have been with it. The fog lifted and things look bright. There are only 2 things I am doing different this time than the last time, a few years back, I am using KTC and I really want to quit.

This site works, and I proud to say that I am part of it.  I appreciate the guys that have reached out, and I can't wait on a daily basis to post roll.

Quit on August 2013
'dance' 'dance' 'dance'

Thanks for that Bro!! You made my quit stronger today!!

Stay Vigilant!!! Dont let down your guard and One Day At A Time!!

J
Good job dgreak. Your quit is rocken.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
I have kind of let this thread get dusty so I thought I would clean it off with an update. Man these have been the best few days I have had in a long time. I know I'm just 12 days in but this time it has been real different. I honestly have not had any cravings that seem like they are too much, I have not once been tempted to go grab a can. I have drank and hung out with my dipping buddies this weekend without any problems, and I thought that would be impossible. And, honestly I am not on edge near as much without it as I have been with it. The fog lifted and things look bright. There are only 2 things I am doing different this time than the last time, a few years back, I am using KTC and I really want to quit.

This site works, and I proud to say that I am part of it. I appreciate the guys that have reached out, and I can't wait on a daily basis to post roll.

Quit on August 2013
'dance' 'dance' 'dance'

Thanks for that Bro!! You made my quit stronger today!!

Stay Vigilant!!! Dont let down your guard and One Day At A Time!!

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!