Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29969 times)

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Not sure if this is a known problem or just on my end, but when you are at the screen where you can edit your post, if you scroll all the way down and click:

Review the complete topic (launches new window)

nothing happens for me. I get an error that it cannot load. Specifically:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 127.0.0.1

Try reloading the page
And if I try opening in a new tab I just get the "About: Blank"

Just though Id let y'all know. Happy Quittin!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2013, 01:04:00 AM »
Thank you srans and diesel. Everything has been resolved. Both of us reacted excessively towards one another and we have gotten over it. To quote jhaenel23, can we stop :deadhorse: ?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: srans
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: DippinDave911
well, im out. if you seriously expect me to apologize for having a life then obviously im in the wrong place. wish everyone goodluck with their quit but i will not be back. anyone reading this make sure you post roll everyday or you will suffer.

shit i thought everything was starting to go good but now i firmly believe the "supporters" are not here to support you, but to MAKE you want to leave. Dont get on anyones bad side cause they will keep pushing and pushing until you fall off the edge.

good luck quitting everyone. ill be quitting from the sidelines.
WTF Dave?
Are you really gonna bail from the site because someone pointed out you hadn't posted and then got on you? You are gonna run away because someone was mean?
Do you want to be quit or not?
If so, get in here and post roll every day. Call/text a brother to do it for you if you can't. If that seems to great a burden, then you haven't learned much about quitting and don't have what it takes to be a quitter anyway...
Missing roll one day isn't the end of the world, but it is the start of missing roll multiple days and beyond. In nearly every case a cave is planned (conciously or not), and step one is to not be on roll...
I gotta piggy back on what Tcell said running away cause someone was mean isn't kewl. Peeps are sometimes mean here because all the other methods to quit have failed and they recognize that a pattern is starting they see themselves in your behavior. I have used the get mad and act out on the friends/family in past when I got called out for using dip. See there isn't something new here that hasn't been tried before. An addict will always leave the door open even slightly. KTC teaches us how to slam the fuckin door.

I think you should be ecstatic that someone is giving a fuck about if you are quit. Ecstatic that someone is helping watch your quit until you can watch it for yourself.... I don't know the particulars of what happened nor do I care my thought is it is great that someone is looking out for you. So what if someone texts you and says are you gonna post roll. It does two things one if you know you posted already it alerts you, you got bumped. The second it lets you know you are part of something that is bigger than you...n that a pack of total strangers cares about you.

I text/PM vets if I see that their activity is dropped off and ask if they are ok and not once did I ever get back shut the fuck up leave me alone. They have all said thanks brother for watching my back.
Not to step on toes, but i thought this was over. I talked with dave extensively on the phone that evening. I really think he's got a better handle on everything and doing well since the other day. I even noticed he posted up with dabean today. Maybe I'm missing something, i don't know.
I hope that is true. If so, he needs to come post in his own intro so his goodbye to KTC isn't his last post...
Let it go people. Everything has been straightened out and the man is posting role, no need to digdrama back up. It been squashed.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
well, im out. if you seriously expect me to apologize for having a life then obviously im in the wrong place. wish everyone goodluck with their quit but i will not be back. anyone reading this make sure you post roll everyday or you will suffer.

shit i thought everything was starting to go good but now i firmly believe the "supporters" are not here to support you, but to MAKE you want to leave. Dont get on anyones bad side cause they will keep pushing and pushing until you fall off the edge.

WTF Dave?
Are you really gonna bail from the site because someone pointed out you hadn't posted and then got on you? You are gonna run away because someone was mean?
If so, get in here and post roll every day. Call/text a brother to do it for you if you can't. If that seems to great a burden, then you haven't learned much about quitting and don't have what it takes to be a quitter anyway...
Missing roll one day isn't the end of the world, but it is the start of missing roll multiple days and beyond. In nearly every case a cave is planned (conciously or not), and step one is to not be on roll...
I gotta piggy back on what Tcell said running away cause someone was mean isn't kewl. Peeps are sometimes mean here because all the other methods to quit have failed and they recognize that a pattern is starting they see themselves in your behavior. I have used the get mad and act out on the friends/family in past when I got called out for using dip. See there isn't something new here that hasn't been tried before. An addict will always leave the door open even slightly. KTC teaches us how to slam the fuckin door.

I think you should be ecstatic that someone is giving a fuck about if you are quit. Ecstatic that someone is helping watch your quit until you can watch it for yourself.... I don't know the particulars of what happened nor do I care my thought is it is great that someone is looking out for you. So what if someone texts you and says are you gonna post roll. It does two things one if you know you posted already it alerts you, you got bumped. The second it lets you know you are part of something that is bigger than you...n that a pack of total strangers cares about you.

I text/PM vets if I see that their activity is dropped off and ask if they are ok and not once did I ever get back shut the fuck up leave me alone. They have all said thanks brother for watching my back.
Not to step on toes, but i thought this was over. I talked with dave extensively on the phone that evening. I really think he's got a better handle on everything and doing well since the other day. I even noticed he posted up with dabean today. Maybe I'm missing something, i don't know.
I hope that is true. If so, he needs to come post in his own intro so his goodbye to KTC isn't his last post...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »

WTF Dave?

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »

WTF Dave?

Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »

WTF Dave?
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: jhaenel23
What a nice surprise this AM............ I thought we were  :deadhorse: because this one was a  :scowick:  He had everyone on here  'bang head'  'bang head'  'bang head' and  'Crazy'  'Crazy'  'Crazy'  because we thought that this guy was  'jerk' 

Turns out that there is some quit in this one and proof that the KTC formula Works!!

Here is to one week of Freedom my friend!!

'Cheers'  'Cheers'  'Cheers'

Taste it, Love it and Hate NIC.

shocker

J
Was I wrong?
He is postin roll and taking names! I think he has it in him to keep going!

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
What a nice surprise this AM............ I thought we were  :deadhorse: because this one was a  :scowick:  He had everyone on here  'bang head'  'bang head'  'bang head' and  'Crazy'  'Crazy'  'Crazy'  because we thought that this guy was  'jerk' 

Turns out that there is some quit in this one and proof that the KTC formula Works!!

Here is to one week of Freedom my friend!!

'Cheers'  'Cheers'  'Cheers'

Taste it, Love it and Hate NIC.

shocker

J
Was I wrong?
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
I'm just regurgitating WP and Srans, but follow two simple rules here and you'll be nicotine free for life and will credit KTC for your quit.

1. Post roll EVERY day
2. Never use nicotine

If people are bustin' your balls even though you've followed those two rules? Don't sweat it. From time to time you need to fix getting bumped but it's a minor nuisance at worst.

Keep adding +1s.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Excellent, glad to see your post Dave! The emotional roller coaster while quitting can really suck. Sometimes things happen, people make mistakes, but what it comes down to is staying quit. This site is here for you brother. We're here for you. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
I posted roll yesterday for DD911, I was then bumped later by the next poster a full minute after I posted. I check for bumps but I sure as hell don't hang out all fucking day to make sure the next guy doesn't fuck it up.
Bumps happen. Don't worry about it.

I've honestly wondered why people get so upset about being bumped. First of all, it's easy to prove that you posted. You know approximately what time you posted. Go back, pull that post, and send it to the spreadsheet guys. And, around mid day, each group should be posting a list of those missing for the day. If you look at this list, and then go to that member's profile, it states exactly what time that person was last year. Go back and look and fix the bump for them!

Posting roll is not heresay. There is some written proof it was done.

Now, with that said, I know we are "badass" here. There's a lot of funny people that can write some wonderfully memoral lines. However, this is not an insult site. The quit comes first. Be badass, but don't tear down somebody and their quit just to be manly. Build them up with some hard truths.

This site is based on accountability. Have as many people watching your back as possible.

If you want to quit (that is).
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »
I posted roll yesterday for DD911, I was then bumped later by the next poster a full minute after I posted. I check for bumps but I sure as hell don't hang out all fucking day to make sure the next guy doesn't fuck it up.

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
Dabean22 text me and asked me why the f i didnt post roll! Thats a freaking community. I love this place. Anyone ever needs someone to lean on pm me and ill give you my number. Dabean22 has been really helpful for me. Keep on quittin!

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Dave, sometimes I am an ass hole. Sometimes I come I too strong. I have no problem owning up to my faults. What I want to know is other than thinking you caved twice (I misunderstood... My bad), what is it that I said that was wrong? It only takes a couple minutes to post or a couple seconds to send a text to have someone post for you. If you don't think its importiant enough to take that amount of time then I feel sorry for your quit.

About a year ago I had a lame attempt to stop smoking (before I actually understood my addiction). During dinner my wife and I were having a disagreement and somehow I got it in my head that this argument was the most importiant thing in the world. I would not let it go. (My stubborn wife will never back down either so it was gearing up to be the biggest fight ever). I kept it up until she said, just get out of here and go buy some cigarettes.
I now realize that I created something out of nothing to make my wife so mad that she would say that. I engineered my own failure.
Dont you dare use me as an excuse to fail.
You caved but came right back. For some reason that put you on my radar and I was pulling for you. When you didnt post it pissed me off and I came on too strong. When you just came back with excuses and no apologies and seemingly no care at all, it set me off. I don't want that attitude to spread to the others.
If i found out that my son started any form of nicotine, it would piss me off to no end. I love my son 100 times more than you but that's still more than enough for me be disappointed when it looks like you don't take this seriously enough.

Here's the deal. If you are so pissed at me that you won't come back, say the word and ill back off you and never speak a word to or about you. If thats what you need to stay here, fine. PM me and tell me that you'll stay if i back off. (I can't speak for the others though)
QLFEDD
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.