Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29963 times)

Offline Wade

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
You put a lot of effort into trying to show other people that their system, the one THEY rely on for their day-to-day solid quit, doesn't matter to you. So? Why should you care? It works for us. We like it and how it works. If you don't, and this is not for you, then fine...whatever. You've tried it. You've decided that you don't need it anymore. But don't sit here and badger us about it. All it does is make you seem petty.

As SM said, "Good luck..."

Wish you the best.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
SkoalMonster just wished you luck. If you value your quit and your life, that should terrify you.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
"being forced to post roll everyday, well that's no different than what I came here to get rid of."

These may be the dumbest words I have ever read. Posting role is no different than nicotine addiction????

One will kill you and one will save your life.

GREAT comparison.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
Icebergs melt into an endless sea. Oaks grow mighty and tall and fall to wind and fire. Friends come and go, acquaintances fade into oblivion.

Internal fortitude, character and integrity, loyalty (to others and your principles), may be challenged by all factors and forces, yet they will never defeat them if they are ingrained into your beliefs and who you are.

If you show up every day and post roll, these 4 traits will never fail you. They cannot. You have given your word for the day that you will be clean. If you possess these 4 inherent traits you cannot go back on your word as it means everything you stand for.

I will surround myself with people that posses these four traits. They will never let me fail and I them in return.

If you are only looking out for yourself, sooner or later you will find you are standing alone.

I am my brotherÂ’s keeper.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal

Goo luck to you
sM
That pretty much sums it up.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
'troll'

30 days of quit is great. But just cuz you passed the first exam doesn't mean your prepared to ace the final.

It took me over a year until I really felt quit. I needed a full season of triggers. Holidays, hunting, football, ballet, etc. At thirty days I was still reaching for my can a dozen times a day.

The program works, plenty of posters work night shifts, maybe explain to your quit group that YOUR "FIRST THING IN THE MORNING" starts at night. I'm sure they'll get it.

Secondly, A huge help to those of us that understand we are addicts, is helping others. Without a hand-up from Ready, Mule, Loot , 11x44, Hydro, Smokey G, Kdip, BBJ, Remshot, FranPro, and a busload of others I would have struggled badly. It is possible that this site saved my life. It is one reason we stick around, helping others helps us. Your attitude is going to keep you from both helping others and helping yourself.

Your lack of commitment is going to ultimately cause you to cave again. While that is just my opinion ( and I hope I'm wrong) You'll notice I have watched 10,000 plus quitters walk these halls.

Goo luck to you
sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
Dave. You are selfish. That's what bugs me most.

Everything is about YOU.

YOU don't care for roll call, YOU don't like this, YOU don't like that, YOU don't care what so and sotthinks, YOU will come and go, YOU will do it your way, etc...

Have you ever stopped to help anyone else on this site? Have you ever pm'd a newbie? Have youever offered advice to anyone who might have been struggling?

Or do you just like to come on here and cry and whine about how YOU work late, and how people get on YOU for posting roll, etc..?

A lot of people reached out to you in good times in bad, but through it all its always been about you.

This is a brotherhood, where we help eachother. I don't see you helping anyone.

I think if you got more involved in this site and offered help to others and saw the variety of struggles that various people suffer, your prospective and attitude might change.

You're constantly making everything about YOU. Try stepping outside yourself and lend a hand to others.

If not , then just do YOU quietly and stop stirring the pot.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Quote from: DippinDave911
Hello all.

On July 27, 2013 I decided it was time for me to quit. I had tried before with no real success. I took to the internet, hoping to find a magical cure. Well it doesn't exist. But I found something similar, KillTheCan.org. I clicked some links, learned what the site was all about. I decided to give it a try. And why not? Trying on my own was a failure.

So, I created and account and started a thread in the Introductions section. And I got shit on. These guys, they don't fool around. They pissed me right the fuck off, but you know what? That just made me want to quit more. It pissed me off and I wanted nothing more than to prove that I was more than just another addict.

I went into live chat and started talking with some people. They all wanted me to dump my cans. WHAT?! I wasnt about to dump my hard earned money! Well they convinced, cause they're good people. And I gotta admit, it really felt good.

On August 1, 2013 I planned my first cave. I had only gone five days without the bitch in my veins and already I was begging for her to come back, to coddle me. I lied to those who would help me, and I made myself a fool. My brothers and sisters would come to help me once I had been properly humiliated.

Everything was pretty good after I started taking it seriously. There was a day here and there that I might have missed roll, but the few people who's numbers I had would either remind or just hit me up to see where I was. If you're new to the site, get as many numbers as you can, this is one of the most effective tools you can wield in your fight.

There was one day that I had one of my contacts post on my behalf, but he was bumped almost immediately. Woo. Friggin nuclear fallout. Some guys will (and I mean this in the straightest way possible) hold your hand and guide in the right direction, but there are some that are just going to push you around. And watch out when you start to push back. You either win you don't. I can't win around here.

In the past month alone, I have missed 10 days of roll call. Let me explain how roll call works. The way it really works, not the way you will be told.

Everyday when you wake up, you post roll. If you work 3rd shift and don't wake up until afternoon/night, you're pretty much set up for failure and prepare to have yourself torn a new one. Majority wins and you absolutely MUST post early in the day, even if you are sleeping. Anyway, you post your name, how many days quit and a promise to be quit for the day. Sometimes it's nice to say you're quit with a specific individual, but it is absolutely forbidden that you express any other personal feelings. Thats roll call in a nutshell. Keep it to the point and don't catch anyones attention and you should be able to sail on by.

Oh, and don't EVER miss a day of roll call. If you do it's the end of the world. One strike, your out of the club. But they are not cruel people, you can get back in. All you have to do explain yourself. But there is a catch. You cannot make any mention of having a life, for this is strictly forbidden. You can only say what you are bidden to say.

So here we are. Ten days with no roll call. Seems yet again, I've fallen off the KTC bandwagon. Wierd, I have not caved. I'm still quit, and I'm not even using the fake stuff anymore. Wait a minute.... since I'm not following the formula that must mean....

:scowick:

Noobs, get used to this little guy, you're going to see him a lot.

All I'm saying is this: I joined this site to free myself from the bonds of the Nic Bitch. And it worked, I am free. Thanks 100% to this site and everyone here (ya, even you dean) But here's the thing, why shrug off the bonds of one just to be held together by the other? I just don't agree with it. I succeeded in quitting, and I will always remember those who helped me through, but being forced to post roll everyday, well that's no different than what I came here to get rid of.

I am quit. And that is all that matters to me. I'll be in and out like I have been the past month. Leave me shitlisted and in the dog house all you like. Its pretty shitty to punish those who disagree but, such is life.

To all the noobs who may have read this, ignore most of it. This is the talk of an addict. Good luck on your quit.

-DD911
Wow.

Why are you even here? The KTC quit plan is to 1) post roll everyday, and 2) get phone numbers and reach out when you need to.

Thats it. If you dont like the plan, then why the F are you even here, Dave?

Please dont post this whiney crap about the mean people on KTC. They seem mean because they are trying to get you to understand how important this is.

And definitely do NOT try to convince other people that KTC is doing it wrong. How many people have quit successfully doing it the "Dave" way??? ZERO, thats how many. KTC has worked, and continues to work, for THOUSANDS of people. You are the one that is full of sh!t, not KTC.

Posting roll everyday isn't about adding to your chore list - its about learning to make your quit a priority in your life everyday. its about getting your mind right, immediately to start the day, everyday. Thats how you quit - and thats why KTC works.

If you think you know better, then go do it your way. But stop sh!tting on the KTC way.
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: srans
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: jlud007
@jlud

I'm not whining about anything. I'm just explaining why I have not been posting. You don't have to like it. I fully agree that the formula works. But it really is no different from the Nic Bitch.
Really.....posting roll and quitting here is no different than the nic bitch?

Hit this link, that's why roll is important.

Words of Wisdom

I really don't want to get into another KTC philosophical debate about roll call. You sound like a guy trying to justify your next fix, you can stamp your feet all you want about how you can miss roll and be quit. In the end, guys that post roll and get involved stay quit.
What an interesting thread.

I have posted everyday with about 15 members on ktc. 3 have caved. One was jlud007, who came back and fights like hell everyday. One dropped after about 3 days. He planned to cave from day one. One was gonehuntin - a family guy in your own group. He worked third shift. Worked hard. So hard that sometimes he would skip roll. Maybe once. Maybe twice a week. Became less and less involved... Then he vanished.

Do as you wish dd. I wouldn't pretend to know what your life is like or what stresses you are under. But I do believe in this formula. Enough to take time everyday to post with and support these guys who, like me, are addicts that are fighting a hard battle. If you choose to fight this battle with a water gun, that is your business. But to try and convince new members that this is a good idea, and that the plan here is negotiable... Man that just ain't right.

Believe or do not believe, support or do not support, but don't be the little devil on the right shoulder whispering "it's ok to not post roll once in a while." No addict needs to hear that bullshit.
I totally agree with worktowin dd, but I have a feeling you don't care what we think. I Haven't posted on your intro in a while and that's because it's clear you don't care about this site or what it stand for.

You don't care about it's beliefs and what it accomplishes everyday. Why are you even here??

Lets get real! You are here to disrupt the site and it's teaching at this point.. I know that this site helped you get where you are in your quit,,, now you are trying to disrupt other quits?!?! Everything you say is about you and your beliefs. You don't care about anyone but yourself. It is clear you will not help anyone else.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you left one bit. I don't think it will hurt your feeling either. I hope you stay quit, live long and prosper, but don't try and mess with quitters that really need help. I say all this man to man,, no cursing, no bull.

Take that mask off and you'll be a better person. I know,,, You don't care what I think.
I see some things will never change still want to do it your way. I don't really have much to add then why are you here, your way was so successful that you found yourself here. You have people from both sides of the ball reaching out to you with tons of quit power and you still don't care. Well good luck, hope you do well.
DD, you either don't believe in the KTC way of quit, or, you are not serious about quitting. Either way, no reason for to hang around.

If your way doesn't work, we will be here.
Until then,
Good bye

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
@jlud

I'm not whining about anything. I'm just explaining why I have not been posting. You don't have to like it. I fully agree that the formula works. But it really is no different from the Nic Bitch.

Words of Wisdom

I really don't want to get into another KTC philosophical debate about roll call. You sound like a guy trying to justify your next fix, you can stamp your feet all you want about how you can miss roll and be quit. In the end, guys that post roll and get involved stay quit.

I have posted everyday with about 15 members on ktc. 3 have caved. One was jlud007, who came back and fights like hell everyday. One dropped after about 3 days. He planned to cave from day one. One was gonehuntin - a family guy in your own group. He worked third shift. Worked hard. So hard that sometimes he would skip roll. Maybe once. Maybe twice a week. Became less and less involved... Then he vanished.

Do as you wish dd. I wouldn't pretend to know what your life is like or what stresses you are under. But I do believe in this formula. Enough to take time everyday to post with and support these guys who, like me, are addicts that are fighting a hard battle. If you choose to fight this battle with a water gun, that is your business. But to try and convince new members that this is a good idea, and that the plan here is negotiable... Man that just ain't right.

Believe or do not believe, support or do not support, but don't be the little devil on the right shoulder whispering "it's ok to not post roll once in a while." No addict needs to hear that bullshit.
I totally agree with worktowin dd, but I have a feeling you don't care what we think. I Haven't posted on your intro in a while and that's because it's clear you don't care about this site or what it stand for.

You don't care about it's beliefs and what it accomplishes everyday. Why are you even here??

Lets get real! You are here to disrupt the site and it's teaching at this point.. I know that this site helped you get where you are in your quit,,, now you are trying to disrupt other quits?!?! Everything you say is about you and your beliefs. You don't care about anyone but yourself. It is clear you will not help anyone else.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you left one bit. I don't think it will hurt your feeling either. I hope you stay quit, live long and prosper, but don't try and mess with quitters that really need help. I say all this man to man,, no cursing, no bull.

Take that mask off and you'll be a better person. I know,,, You don't care what I think.
I see some things will never change still want to do it your way. I don't really have much to add then why are you here, your way was so successful that you found yourself here. You have people from both sides of the ball reaching out to you with tons of quit power and you still don't care. Well good luck, hope you do well.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
You know...I was pulling for you from day one and now I just plain ol' don't care for you. I hope you stay quit but I hope you do it somewhere else.
^---Ditto

It is one thing to not post roll, it is a whole different thing to protest it in the manner with which you did. You caved, got your ass handed to you by others wanting to get you to realize why and how it happened. Then you miss posting roll so others try to find out.

It is no small task for those who run the QAS sheets for the groups. Plus the group reached out to you because they care. Granted not everyone has the same "TACT". However, this right here doesn't some the tact in which you seem to want yourself either.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
You know...I was pulling for you from day one and now I just plain ol' don't care for you. I hope you stay quit but I hope you do it somewhere else.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
@jlud

Words of Wisdom

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2013, 06:31:00 AM »
@jlud

Words of Wisdom

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
@jlud

Words of Wisdom