Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29975 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: DippinDave911
Quote from: dabean22
YOU are the one that caved TWICE, RIGHT?
excuse me? i caved ONCE. this is exactly what im talking about.
'Finger' 'Finger' FUCK YOU 'Finger' 'Finger'
Eeeeeeaaasssssyyyyy big Dave. Dabean is coming on stronger than Jake in a gay bar, but you're going to leave the sight because of it?

Come on bro.

I wasn't a 100% roll poster either and yes people would get on my ass about it, and yes it would annoy me and Id play the "I have a life card".

However you must remember they are doing it because they care, even if its a little over the top sometimes. The minute you don't post roll or go missing for a bit and nobody checks up on you, is the minute you know nobody cares about you.

I recently took a big step back from the forums and I got a bunch of pm's and texts asking if I was ok. People cared. Felt good.

Some people/things will rub you wrong on here from time to time. Right or wrong, there's nothing wrong with fighting back, but you gotta remember they are usually doing because they care.

Leaving the site because of it...well that's just plain silly.

Brush it off and keep on posting.
Exactly what diesel said. It's called accountability. I was a HOFer in march 2012. When I decided to stop posting did anybody call or text me? No one did because I knew no one on the site. I hid from the site all day except to post roll. Today if I don't post roll my phone would blow up. That's what I need. We all need that level of accountability. Make the right choice and post everyday
I can see your hostility with bean. Don't let your pride Get in the way. I don't know bean, but i do know he's taking an active roll in your group. It also sounds to me like he's checking on you, which last time i heard means he cares about you and your quit.

If someone calls you out for not posting take it for what it is, you know,, the accountability that is so important in your quit. The promise you need to make edd as an addict.

You need this site!! You know it and i know it.

Hope you stay. Don't let bull crap get in the way of your quit. Take what you need and leave the rest.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Eeeeeeaaasssssyyyyy big Dave. Dabean is coming on stronger than Jake in a gay bar, but you're going to leave the sight because of it?

Come on bro.

I wasn't a 100% roll poster either and yes people would get on my ass about it, and yes it would annoy me and Id play the "I have a life card".

However you must remember they are doing it because they care, even if its a little over the top sometimes. The minute you don't post roll or go missing for a bit and nobody checks up on you, is the minute you know nobody cares about you.

I recently took a big step back from the forums and I got a bunch of pm's and texts asking if I was ok. People cared. Felt good.

Some people/things will rub you wrong on here from time to time. Right or wrong, there's nothing wrong with fighting back, but you gotta remember they are usually doing because they care.

Exactly what diesel said. It's called accountability. I was a HOFer in march 2012. When I decided to stop posting did anybody call or text me? No one did because I knew no one on the site. I hid from the site all day except to post roll. Today if I don't post roll my phone would blow up. That's what I need. We all need that level of accountability. Make the right choice and post everyday

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »

Come on bro.

'Finger' DIESEL! I come on with style!

DD911.... Bro I have to believe you are smarter then leaving over getting a little heat! Heat is good! Accountability is people caring enough to question us! Roll with it and grow!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »

Come on bro.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
ok the last day really has to make me laugh. Dave I am not gonna take shots at you for missing a day. Yes I understand that life happens.

But what I am gonna take a shot at is it seems like nothing is being learned.

1 - Accountability - yes the posting roll, the getting online and giving your word is essential. BUT you have to remember that is only ONE way of fufilling this. There are others and that would be to text a brother to give your word and to have them do the technology and put it in writing for you.

2 - Being Active on the site - this is a statement that we make. Being active is not only the being online, the reading....BUT this is the 2nd point and that is Brotherhood. Becoming friends with those in your group and throughout the site. We all have tons in common and by finding this out, by reaching out to others, this is the active that helps keep us all quit.

Its been said....take what you need and leave the rest....

Well we know how hard it is to quit by ourselves, that is why we are here, so think about it, we know you want to quit for yourself, but now is the time to buckle down, don't go anywhere, and follow what those have laid before us.

Quit On.
You miss roll, one of your November quit brothers throws a bit of heat at you... now you are running  quitting. That is ridiculous.

Read your Aug 8th post again. Then read all the support you got following that post.

You need to own it, or you will be owned. It is up to you.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
ok the last day really has to make me laugh. Dave I am not gonna take shots at you for missing a day. Yes I understand that life happens.

But what I am gonna take a shot at is it seems like nothing is being learned.

1 - Accountability - yes the posting roll, the getting online and giving your word is essential. BUT you have to remember that is only ONE way of fufilling this. There are others and that would be to text a brother to give your word and to have them do the technology and put it in writing for you.

2 - Being Active on the site - this is a statement that we make. Being active is not only the being online, the reading....BUT this is the 2nd point and that is Brotherhood. Becoming friends with those in your group and throughout the site. We all have tons in common and by finding this out, by reaching out to others, this is the active that helps keep us all quit.

Its been said....take what you need and leave the rest....

Well we know how hard it is to quit by ourselves, that is why we are here, so think about it, we know you want to quit for yourself, but now is the time to buckle down, don't go anywhere, and follow what those have laid before us.

Quit On.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
and yes wp ive been posting roll everyday as evil mentioned. just havent been to my intro in a while.
WHAT THE FUCK DAVE? You missed roll call yesterday. I checked and there was no bump. You aren't there. I thought you learned your lesson. I thought you were protecting your quit. Explain here and on roll call.
seriously bean? like i told cbird the world doesnt stop spinning so i can get on here to post roll. most of the time i do put my quit as number one but sometimes shit happens. i cant tell the doctors to wait because i have to log on to a website and make a promise to a bunch of babies i dont even know. i cant tell work, ya ill be in late. i cant tell my mechanic id rather just continue to drive around with no brakes. SHIT HAPPENS THAT I CANT CONTROL. SHUT THE FUCK UP and move on. i posted today and yesterday was tobaccotine free.
That's a great attitude! Roll takes 30 seconds! Come up with any excuse you want, But 30 seconds is never too much time. If it was a dip of chew you would have had the time to stop at a store and buy a tin if you were out. This is all about priorities! Get some!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
well, im out. if you seriously expect me to apologize for having a life then obviously im in the wrong place. wish everyone goodluck with their quit but i will not be back. anyone reading this make sure you post roll everyday or you will suffer.

shit i thought everything was starting to go good but now i firmly believe the "supporters" are not here to support you, but to MAKE you want to leave. Dont get on anyones bad side cause they will keep pushing and pushing until you fall off the edge.

good luck quitting everyone. ill be quitting from the sidelines.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
and yes wp ive been posting roll everyday as evil mentioned. just havent been to my intro in a while.
WHAT THE FUCK DAVE? You missed roll call yesterday. I checked and there was no bump. You aren't there. I thought you learned your lesson. I thought you were protecting your quit. Explain here and on roll call.
seriously bean? like i told cbird the world doesnt stop spinning so i can get on here to post roll. most of the time i do put my quit as number one but sometimes shit happens. i cant tell the doctors to wait because i have to log on to a website and make a promise to a bunch of babies i dont even know. i cant tell work, ya ill be in late. i cant tell my mechanic id rather just continue to drive around with no brakes. SHIT HAPPENS THAT I CANT CONTROL. SHUT THE FUCK UP and move on. i posted today and yesterday was tobaccotine free.
Dave, you don't get it. If we all shut the fuck up, you might as well leave here and never come back. Why don't you just get a piece of paper and write down your day on it. The paper won't talk back. Are you really trying to say that posting roll takes 40 minutes every day? NO. It can take 40 seconds to send me a text. I gave you my number. But you don't want to be accountable so you don't give yours out (correct me if I'm wrong. If you gave me the number, I didn't get it entered into my phone. That would be my fault) On a busy day, I do it on my phone during my morning shit. Are you saying that your day is so busy that you don't take a morning shit? No you are just giving excuses because you don't understand yet how valuable your quit is. YOU are the one that caved TWICE, RIGHT? Well, now I see why. You don't understand and you try to push people away that are here to help. Well guess what. You are in November! You are going to have to do MUCH better than that to push me away. Post every day or I'll continue to get on your ass. Otherwise, what's the point?
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
yes traum it was a transesophageal echocardiogram. And they did shove it down there before i was sedated, resulting in me puking all over myself. anyway....results were good. no problems. just as i suspected, doctors taking advantage of any situation they can just to get my money.

http://www.avast.com/get/MBiVIdTj

anyone looking for a free anti virus software, this one is good so far. if i can get enough friends to download it (even if you turn around and uninstall) i can upgrade for free. make sure you use the link.

(Sorry to post this in here, I normally hate when people do this.)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: wastepanel
hey all, havent posted in a couple days.

tomorrow i got a doctor appointment to get my heart looked at. Endoscopy or something like that. Get to be conscious while a camera is pushed down my throat. cant wait. did i mention 13 hours with no food or water? ugh anyway thats my quick update. bed is callin my name.
First of all, prayers for tomorrow.

Secondly, why haven't you posted for a few days?
WP, non-dippin-dave has posted roll everyday since his cave. I think he means he has not posted in his intro in a few days.

And NDD911, I can't wish you "luck" because it is what it is. Nearly impossible to do, but don't worry unless you have something to worry about. As was mentioned in Chat last night, leaking heart valves are easy fixed with minimal down-time. IF that's what it really is. Keep us posted.
Sounds like you are having a TEE transthoracic endoscopic echocardiogram the procedure itself isn't too bad they put you in a twilight sleep and numb your throat they wont just jam the scope down your throat without any sedation. If it a heart problem the US is one of the best places in the world to have heart issues...long story short Keep your head up like Evil says it is what it is. Knowing is half the battle
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
hey all, havent posted in a couple days.

tomorrow i got a doctor appointment to get my heart looked at. Endoscopy or something like that. Get to be conscious while a camera is pushed down my throat. cant wait. did i mention 13 hours with no food or water? ugh anyway thats my quick update. bed is callin my name.
First of all, prayers for tomorrow.

Secondly, why haven't you posted for a few days?
WP, non-dippin-dave has posted roll everyday since his cave. I think he means he has not posted in his intro in a few days.

And NDD911, I can't wish you "luck" because it is what it is. Nearly impossible to do, but don't worry unless you have something to worry about. As was mentioned in Chat last night, leaking heart valves are easy fixed with minimal down-time. IF that's what it really is. Keep us posted.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."