Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29977 times)

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
Awesome Dave! I just got chills from your honest words. Sometimes revelations come when we least expect them. Glad you were willing to accept it and not allow the weed to persuade you otherwise. Special Butterflies cave..as you mentioned. KTC members who drink the kool-aid become BADASS QUITTERS. Look at all of them that posted on your page before I did. Damn it tastes good! Quack!Quack!
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Outstanding. Welcome to being a Quitter. See you in Chat.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
Wow....just wow. You get it! Great post! Lets watch you win this.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
Sounds like we have a baptism of sorts here...now go get it put your head down pin your ears back and go after your quit
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
This was a GREAT read this morning..... Let the fun begin!

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
What a nice surprise this AM............ I thought we were :deadhorse: because this one was a :scowick: He had everyone on here 'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head' and 'Crazy' 'Crazy' 'Crazy' because we thought that this guy was 'jerk'

Turns out that there is some quit in this one and proof that the KTC formula Works!!

Here is to one week of Freedom my friend!!

'Cheers' 'Cheers' 'Cheers'

Taste it, Love it and Hate NIC.

shocker

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
Now... Here we go! Let's do this man!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Great post Dave. Now live it.
We will be watching :ph43r: .
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Go Prove it Dave! Own it.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Ef'ing A Dave!

Now we can fight this little bitch together!!!!!!

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2013, 02:40:00 AM »
I like what you wrote here Dave. I hope you're not just getting better at lying to us, haha.

With caving and drama and 9 effing pages of intro comments, it's easy to lose track of what this is about: YOUR QUIT. I quit with you Dave. You can do this. You ARE doing this. Use your tools and quit on.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2013, 01:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Wedge
Dave,

You have been called out, challenged, and supported by numerous people.  The onus is now on you to come back and prove people right that you can do this the right way and prove people wrong that you quit at quitting. 

I hope, for your sake, that you make the right decision.
Quote from: T-Cell
dippin dave-
Either get all the way in or GTFO. You can be a bad ass quitter, but it won't happen until you drink the kool aide, follow the KTC recipe AND man up and be honest with yourself. Get over your anger at fellow quitters, channel it toward your real foe which is nicotine...
Quote from: jrod
I've been watching you Dave. I've seen you post 6 straight days. I believe that you are on board. Reading the more recent comments, I get why you are pissed off. Channel that anger. Use the nasty comments to fuel your quit.
Quote from: AppleJack
DD911... You need to buckle down and get serious here. Part of that is admitting that by doing it on your own you caved quicker than a good dump takes. What's it gonna be dude!?
Quote from: jhaenel23
I hope that you find your niche to quit.  It may even be here.  I have seen wierder things happen.  But you are in need of a severe attitude change.
When I first joined KTC, I was a special butterfly. I did not take my quit seriously. I did not 100% want to quit, and the small amount that I did, was not for myself. For 5 days I played the KTC game. I posted roll, I posted in my intro, sometimes multiple times per day. I made use of Live Chat and I got contacts. That seems pretty convincing, no? Thats the problem. I got lost in a "game" that I had no intention of following through with.

Since I didnt care if I passed or failed, I went right back to dipping. Then I stopped posting roll. Then i stopped posting my intro. Then I stopped posting. Im not going to go into it again. Im tired of looking through my intro just to see all this drama.

I want to share something that happened at work today. It made me open my eyes to what has been going on this whole time that ive been too blind and ignorant to see.

I work in a factory. My line (department) has 10 people, each running their own machine. There are 4 of us that get along like best friends. We dont know each other beyond that we work together. We are a team. We dont work on the same machine together, but through our teamwork we indirectly help each other. Anyway,

Today two people called out. One was not a problem. The second one was one of our group. He said he would be in late. As the night progressed, we learned that he would not be in at all. He probably will not have a job, as he calls in quite often. But he is still part of our group. A stranger. Yet I would gladly do anything I could to help him. Even though he works a different machine, the three of us (on three separate machines) worked below average.

Its no different with KTC. And im just seeing it now. Before I laughed (and if you go back far enough you will find that post) at the thought of opening up my heart to strangers. Or helping another stranger open their hearts. But it all makes sense now. Different as we may be, we are still the same. We are all addicts. A lawyer is not much help for an addict. But an addict can be a great help. (Last two paragraphs sounded much better in my head...deal with it)

Moral of the story:
You really cant go at it alone. Take away your support and its just you. What happens if you fall? Your not getting up on your own. If you try, and ill tell you from experience, you will only succeed in digging a very deep hole. Atleast use the buddy system. Get atleast one other person to run with you. The more the merrier. Strangers or life long friends, you dont want to get caught by yourself.
Quote from: Roamcountry
So what are you going to do differently now? What is your quit plan? I didnt see anything addressing that.....
Quote from: Evil_Won
DD911,

Believe it or not, no one here wants you to fail again. There has been a lot of good advice given to you here and in Chat. If you were unwanted you would be ignored.

Answering the three questions is important to do. Thoughtful, deep, meaningful answers will not only help you to dig in for this long fight, but will also help others.  Being combative will get you nowhere, whether you start or just feed it with a response. Getting involved on KTC in constructive ways will strengthen your quit and reestablish your credibility over time.
I'm probably one of those mean guys you are talking about. And I'm not going to go all warm and fuzzy on you yet. But Evil is absolutely right, no one wants to see you fail here.
I read your answers to the three questions and your other posts and can't help but see addict speak all over them still. Because I am an addict, I know it when I see it. We've not yet seen much evidence that you are approaching this quit much differently than before. Your answers to the 3 questions show little promise of a quit being built. If you think simply posting roll most days (or every day) and not investing in the other tools will keep you quit, you haven't been paying attention.
I'm glad you are posting.Lose the attitude, spend time learning all the tools KTC has to offer. Use them.
Try to focus on the real quitters rather than the special butterflies, the butterflies rarely stick around long...
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quit better.
Quote from: Joemellow
Dave, you don't just get to go back to day 1. You have to tell us what happened, why, what you will do different this time. We need to believe you when you tell us that you are quit. It's what this entire website is built around.
Quote from: CBird65
(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you doing differently this time?
1. What happened? I "caved". Five days into a half-assed quit, I did what most people would call caving. Im calling it starting back up after a short break. If I was as committed to my quit as I told everyone, myself included that I was, THAT would have been caving.

2. Why did it happen? I was not fully commited to my quit. I did not 100% take that step leap. I did not use my contacts and I abused the chat system. I was not ready to quit.

3. What am I doing differently this time? I have posted roll for 7 days straight. I am going to resume my journal (intro) where I left off before the drama. I utilize chat every night when I get home from work. I text a few of my contacts daily, even if its just to say HELLO. I am going to take my quit One Day At A Time and QLF! I am going to pay it forward and post in other peoples intros. I wanted to make sure I was fully onboard and serious before doing so.

I want to give back to others that which was given to me. I regret not taking this seriously before now.

I am quit with ParadigmDawg and all of November. Hell, Im quit with everyone!

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: DippinDave911
@Evil  (Take this however you like) This isnt intended as an excuse but that post is an error on my part. I dont get home until 1130pm. I did not cave until after effing around in chat. It would have been August 1 when I actually caved. In fact if you go to page five (5)  and look at the day it was posted you will see that I posted it on August second(2). "Last night" would be August first, not july 31.
Just keep quitting Dave. Post roll. Keep your word. Repeat.
I will vouch for him, he planned his cave from probably around 10:00am (my time) for the next day. He did not post roll, I went looking for him with no response to texts or pm's. Biggest planned cave I have ever seen.

I am glad you are back, I am glad you are posting roll, post roll every damn day and keep your word.

'nuf said

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »
Quote from: DippinDave911
@Evil (Take this however you like) This isnt intended as an excuse but that post is an error on my part. I dont get home until 1130pm. I did not cave until after effing around in chat. It would have been August 1 when I actually caved. In fact if you go to page five (5) and look at the day it was posted you will see that I posted it on August second(2). "Last night" would be August first, not july 31.
Just keep quitting Dave. Post roll. Keep your word. Repeat.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
@Evil (Take this however you like) This isnt intended as an excuse but that post is an error on my part. I dont get home until 1130pm. I did not cave until after effing around in chat. It would have been August 1 when I actually caved. In fact if you go to page five (5) and look at the day it was posted you will see that I posted it on August second(2). "Last night" would be August first, not july 31.