Author Topic: Day 1 and Counting  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 and Counting
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
Great stuff in here, noobs. Read it. Live it.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 03:08:00 AM »
Great post BBS. Proud to call you a May bro!

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
Quote from: BeerBottleSpittoon
Quick rant for this evening.

Had a great weekend throwing down with the folks I went to college with 10 years ago. It's amazing what little and lot can change in 10 years. Within an hour of our arrival I was already being asked: "are you still chewing?" And I was damn proud to say NO! I'm 156 days quit. Although they were happy for me it was and continues to be a little bit astonishing how isolated in my quit I am. Except for ya'll fuckers here on this site. I'm just saying how individual this is and how much you can't really share with the folks around you the struggles we go through.

This morning was a hangover bliss neatly covered up with a mamosa and a half a glass of hearty stout. Nice and tasty hair of the dog so to speak. Then came the shitty prospect of driving for 4 hours back home (took 6 actually due to road side attractions). This brings me to the point of my rant. I don't have problems partying down and not even thinking of nicotine. What I found interesting today was that the hung the fuck over 4 hour drive tried to tip the scales. I'm resolute in my quit and fight every day but as things get easier and easier it continues to slap me in the face from time to time. I suppose my point is that you can't let your guard down. You gotta have someone on post at all times even if you think it's all good. So a big thanks to KTC today for simply being here for me.
long Drives are still my biggest struggle as we approach 2hundo. Gotta make sure I have seeds, gum, water, etc. She is a sneaky bitch, aint she?

Proud to be quit with ya brother
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline BeerBottleSpittoon

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Quick rant for this evening.

Had a great weekend throwing down with the folks I went to college with 10 years ago. It's amazing what little and lot can change in 10 years. Within an hour of our arrival I was already being asked: "are you still chewing?" And I was damn proud to say NO! I'm 156 days quit. Although they were happy for me it was and continues to be a little bit astonishing how isolated in my quit I am. Except for ya'll fuckers here on this site. I'm just saying how individual this is and how much you can't really share with the folks around you the struggles we go through.

This morning was a hangover bliss neatly covered up with a mamosa and a half a glass of hearty stout. Nice and tasty hair of the dog so to speak. Then came the shitty prospect of driving for 4 hours back home (took 6 actually due to road side attractions). This brings me to the point of my rant. I don't have problems partying down and not even thinking of nicotine. What I found interesting today was that the hung the fuck over 4 hour drive tried to tip the scales. I'm resolute in my quit and fight every day but as things get easier and easier it continues to slap me in the face from time to time. I suppose my point is that you can't let your guard down. You gotta have someone on post at all times even if you think it's all good. So a big thanks to KTC today for simply being here for me.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Nice work brother. That's awesome. Way to take control.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
Nice, BBS! Your quit inspires me!

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
Way to go BBS. Keep kicking that whore in the face.
I quit with with you all!

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
128 days and today my brain tried to screw with me. Heading up to my dads house this afternoon, who lives up in the mountains, to do a little RR. Prime time chew factory. Brain thought WTF. I said FUCK OFF!!! I will win. Brain can go screw itself. No more nic.

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
I am superhuman without nicotine in my system.

The shit I've accomplished in the last 57 days unbelievable to me.

This I post to myself.

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 12:38:00 AM »
How many times have you started typing something only to cancel out because your too chicken shit to express your thoughts.

Me: Join 17 Feb 2011

Canceled out: At least 25.

Offline scooners

• Quitter
  • Interests: Snowboarding, smoking meat and cooking, watching football, camping, target shooting, bike riding, not chooing.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Sorry to bump the shit that's going on here in the introductions today but I would like to have this shit where I can find it later. Keep quit you fuckers.
Quote from: Skoal
If you haven't read up on the funk....... now is the time
Tighten your helmets May

sm
Quote from: pinchedout
Quit TONY GWYNN
The Tony G story is very hair raising. Putting in a dip before the wound in his mouth was even closed shows just how powerful the Nicotine Grip can be, and how blind addicts can be to the truth. Glad I am quit.
Quit Date 10/09/2010; HOF 1/17/2011
Cancer and Death will not work on your Time Table, why work on Theirs - Quit Today.
If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
The older I get, the better I was - made an even bigger improvment the day I quit dip.
HOF Speech

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
Sorry to bump the shit that's going on here in the introductions today but I would like to have this shit where I can find it later. Keep quit you fuckers.
Quote from: Skoal
If you haven't read up on the funk....... now is the time
Tighten your helmets May

sm
Quote from: pinchedout
Quit TONY GWYNN

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: jost2brown
Weekends.  Not my favorite part.  I'm one of those guys that gets up early for work and generally puts in a busy problem solving day with little room for distractions.  Get home and fluff through the news and get to bed early.  Monday through Friday.  Then the weekend comes.  My dive in full throttle as fast as you can and hope you come out the other side ready to go two days of the week.  

I hate weekends right now.
Hang tough brother, you got my number if you need it.
Make sure you run some! I suppose you are doing that.
Just stay clean. You will find a whole new world of things to do. I hated the weekends too early on. Keep your mind busy, get some exercise.

My weekends are full now and I look forward to them. Spend time with my family, friends. Life is much better without dip in your face !!
Agreed.

I spent the last hour or so here reading like I usually do on the weekends when I don't have to work and just hanging out. A guy here posted a link that led to another link that had a particular resonance with me today. Part of it said: "The law of physiological addiction states that administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of the dependence on that substance." I know that this is preached throughout the KTC site but in the context of this article it really meant something today. Lately I've not been so much concerned about the day to day, although it continues to be a constant struggle. I stick to the quit and participate and keep moving forward. But the for some reason the long term future is freaking me out.

Thx Bros and here's to a great weekend!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Weekends.  Not my favorite part.  I'm one of those guys that gets up early for work and generally puts in a busy problem solving day with little room for distractions.  Get home and fluff through the news and get to bed early.  Monday through Friday.  Then the weekend comes.  My dive in full throttle as fast as you can and hope you come out the other side ready to go two days of the week.  

Just stay clean. You will find a whole new world of things to do. I hated the weekends too early on. Keep your mind busy, get some exercise.

My weekends are full now and I look forward to them. Spend time with my family, friends. Life is much better without dip in your face !!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »