Author Topic: First post  (Read 8611 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: First post
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
Way to be Doc- now stack up another one!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »
Congrats on 100 Doc!!!!
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Gratz on the hundo Doc!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Congrats on the HOF, Doc. Well done.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2014, 08:31:00 AM »
100...outstanding!!!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: jake
Got a story for you hunting fans.
I live and die for spring turkey season. Truly obsessed. The opening day, yesterday, I always go with a buddy. We were successful in spite of the rain and had a good hunt with a dead turkey for him by 7am. Then we sat in the rain the rest of the day trying to get me a bird without success.
This morning, I was on my own. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I had scouted a gobbling bird on a particular ridge early Saturday morning before season and figured he would be back there and hopefully gobbling.
I parked the truck about 6 am and waited for dawn to show its first light. Then started with the owl call. Shortly there was a bird gobbling exactly where I had expected him to roost. I put the sneak on and was able to set up on the crest of the ridge within about 75 yards from the constantly gobbling bird. I carefully set up a jake and hen decoy and found a seat against a large tree with a downed snag next to me for cover. I even cut a few sprouts for more cover. I quietly made 2 yelps with my trusty slate which were drowned out by a barrage of gobbles. I figured that was enough and continued my preparations getting settled in to wait for the bird to fly down.
I had hardly put the call down when I heard a familiar sound. It was the drumming of a very excited tom turkey...then more drumming and spitting...Holy crap! He's on the ground and close. I didn't even hear him fly down! Then he gobbled! He can't be more than 60 yards away! As I strained through the brush for a glimpse of the bird his drumming and spitting and gobbling got even closer. Then he gobbled to the right of the decoys and he was in view and gun range. A jake with a barely visible beard. Good enough for me; at least for the first bird of the season. He was in full strut and I chuckled at the site. I was really enjoying this.
As he stepped behind a red oak, I turned and raised my gun. When he came out from behind the oak at 35 yards, he came out of his strut and was met by the 3.5 inch number 5 shot 12 gauge I uncorked on him. He did a back flip and flopped a couple times. I got up and headed toward him as I have heard of birds running off and wanted to get my hands on him. After I took about 5 steps something passed me on the right and ran up to the bird. It was a damn coyote trying to get off with my jake! I was caught totally off guard and didn't know what to do for a few seconds. Then I decided that if that coyote wanted my bird, he'd have to earn it and with a little persuasion from my 12 gauge he decided to leave the bird alone.
When I approached the turkey, he was still showing some signs of life, so I did the obligatory victory dance on his head. I stood there for a couple minutes soaking up what had just happened. I looked at my watch...it was only 6:20 am. All of this took less than 20 minutes. I have worked gobbling turkeys for hours before. Well, it was time to get on with the bragging so I got my phone out. The turkey was laying on his back with his feet in the air. I usually position them on their chest for photos but thought his pose would work just fine. When I took the picture the flash went off which annoyed me because the cover on my phone interferes with the flash and makes the picture grainy. But I noticed that when the flash went off, the turkey blinked!
Before I could pocket the phone, the bird flipped over on his chest. Holy shit...he still isn't dead?! I looked around for something to club him with but my gun was to far away. I decided to stomp his head and when I tried...he jumped up!
Faster than my brain could even comprehend what the hell was going on the bird put 50 yards between us. He was running like a clumsy, half drunk world-class sprinter. I couldn't believe he would go far...after all he was dead! I began to run after him. Then the turkey that I started out after in the first place, that had been watching the whole deal from his bedroom in the tree, decided to fly off adding insult to insult. The "dead" turkey swiftly ambled out of site over the side of the hollow. I followed but to no avail. I was duped by a opossum playing jake turkey.
Didn't want to have to clean the damn thing anyway. 'Remshot'
'ash' nice. Jake played you. Love the hunt. Good luck nect morning you go out.
Played by the jake, but not the nic. Kind of fitting that my first turkey hunt without the nic bitch is so memorable.
Great story. Crazy to have coyote challenge you that close to firing a shot. Looking forward to May 3rd; our opening day here in PA. Last year was my first season hunting spring bird and I was fortunate to call in a jake with a slate call and bag him. Thinking about learning to use a diaphragm call now that I do not have to contend with having a dip in the lip.
Need another hunting story Doc. That was classic.

I had a "pig from hell" that wouldn't die one time......
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline quitter123

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »
Loved the story. I have not yet hunted turkey but it sounds great!!. We have 'em in Wi so I should really give it a try. I do hunt deer, geese, pheasants, ducks, etc. Don't have a killer story like that one yet though lol.

Online SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
I live and die for spring turkey season. Truly obsessed. The opening day, yesterday, I always go with a buddy. We were successful in spite of the rain and had a good hunt with a dead turkey for him by 7am. Then we sat in the rain the rest of the day trying to get me a bird without success.
This morning, I was on my own. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I had scouted a gobbling bird on a particular ridge early Saturday morning before season and figured he would be back there and hopefully gobbling.
I parked the truck about 6 am and waited for dawn to show its first light. Then started with the owl call. Shortly there was a bird gobbling exactly where I had expected him to roost. I put the sneak on and was able to set up on the crest of the ridge within about 75 yards from the constantly gobbling bird. I carefully set up a jake and hen decoy and found a seat against a large tree with a downed snag next to me for cover. I even cut a few sprouts for more cover. I quietly made 2 yelps with my trusty slate which were drowned out by a barrage of gobbles. I figured that was enough and continued my preparations getting settled in to wait for the bird to fly down.
I had hardly put the call down when I heard a familiar sound. It was the drumming of a very excited tom turkey...then more drumming and spitting...Holy crap! He's on the ground and close. I didn't even hear him fly down! Then he gobbled! He can't be more than 60 yards away! As I strained through the brush for a glimpse of the bird his drumming and spitting and gobbling got even closer. Then he gobbled to the right of the decoys and he was in view and gun range. A jake with a barely visible beard. Good enough for me; at least for the first bird of the season. He was in full strut and I chuckled at the site. I was really enjoying this.
As he stepped behind a red oak, I turned and raised my gun. When he came out from behind the oak at 35 yards, he came out of his strut and was met by the 3.5 inch number 5 shot 12 gauge I uncorked on him. He did a back flip and flopped a couple times. I got up and headed toward him as I have heard of birds running off and wanted to get my hands on him. After I took about 5 steps something passed me on the right and ran up to the bird. It was a damn coyote trying to get off with my jake! I was caught totally off guard and didn't know what to do for a few seconds. Then I decided that if that coyote wanted my bird, he'd have to earn it and with a little persuasion from my 12 gauge he decided to leave the bird alone.
When I approached the turkey, he was still showing some signs of life, so I did the obligatory victory dance on his head. I stood there for a couple minutes soaking up what had just happened. I looked at my watch...it was only 6:20 am. All of this took less than 20 minutes. I have worked gobbling turkeys for hours before. Well, it was time to get on with the bragging so I got my phone out. The turkey was laying on his back with his feet in the air. I usually position them on their chest for photos but thought his pose would work just fine. When I took the picture the flash went off which annoyed me because the cover on my phone interferes with the flash and makes the picture grainy. But I noticed that when the flash went off, the turkey blinked!
Before I could pocket the phone, the bird flipped over on his chest. Holy shit...he still isn't dead?! I looked around for something to club him with but my gun was to far away. I decided to stomp his head and when I tried...he jumped up!
Faster than my brain could even comprehend what the hell was going on the bird put 50 yards between us. He was running like a clumsy, half drunk world-class sprinter. I couldn't believe he would go far...after all he was dead! I began to run after him. Then the turkey that I started out after in the first place, that had been watching the whole deal from his bedroom in the tree, decided to fly off adding insult to insult. The "dead" turkey swiftly ambled out of site over the side of the hollow. I followed but to no avail. I was duped by a opossum playing jake turkey.
Played by the jake, but not the nic. Kind of fitting that my first turkey hunt without the nic bitch is so memorable.
Great story. Crazy to have coyote challenge you that close to firing a shot. Looking forward to May 3rd; our opening day here in PA. Last year was my first season hunting spring bird and I was fortunate to call in a jake with a slate call and bag him. Thinking about learning to use a diaphragm call now that I do not have to contend with having a dip in the lip.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:00 AM »

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: E&C's
DAY 70! 10 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
Thanks to all of my quit brothers and sisters that have helped me along the way.
ODAAT NAFAR
Congrats keep up the good work! Quit with you today.
10 WEEKS, Doc!
Duh. Thanks for the math help slug
The only math you really need around here is the ability to add one to yesterday!!! +1 fellas!
Congrats doc! Great quit going.
Tomorrow will be 71, but only if you come back to add that plus one. After all all of us put our quits on the same way, owned blessed day at a time.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
DAY 70! 10 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
Thanks to all of my quit brothers and sisters that have helped me along the way.
ODAAT NAFAR
10 WEEKS, Doc!
The only math you really need around here is the ability to add one to yesterday!!! +1 fellas!
Congrats doc! Great quit going.
Quit 12/31/2013

Online SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
DAY 70! 10 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
ODAAT NAFAR
10 WEEKS, Doc!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
DAY 70! 10 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
ODAAT NAFAR
10 WEEKS, Doc!
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014