Author Topic: First post  (Read 8612 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: First post
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
Quote from: E&C's
Quote from: Doc
DAY 70! 7 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
Thanks to all of my quit brothers and sisters that have helped me along the way.
ODAAT NAFAR
Congrats keep up the good work! Quit with you today.
10 WEEKS, Doc!
Quit since 1/23/14

E&C's Dad

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
DAY 70! 7 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
Thanks to all of my quit brothers and sisters that have helped me along the way.
ODAAT NAFAR
Congrats keep up the good work! Quit with you today.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
DAY 70! 10 WEEKS!
BOOYA!
ODAAT NAFAR
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
With you all the way Doc! Fight the good fight.

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
You got this! Enjoy your freedom from that crap. .life is way better without it!! Proud to quit with you !
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Bigger test next week as I fly out to Vegas
The poison doesn't have some secret plan when you get to Vegas. Take it one day at a time my friend. ^^^^ will be the same as today. You will win again by doing the same things you are doing today. Sure,, it's ok to prepare your thought and get yourself mentally ready for a big trip, but get ready to also enjoy yourself. Take the trip. Bring it on! Look forward to another chance to make your quit stronger.

Keep in mind that the day you go here or there will be no different than today. You will win that day, just like today. When you go here or there post roll like you've done for 50+ and keep your word. Proud to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
Be proud of your number. That's your win column and your job is to run up the score. There is no mercy rule here.

Be cocky, be arrogant, but be respectful. Know that you can beat the nic bitch down any f'n dayÂ…you've done this 51 days in a row now. However, respect that, she's just a single $5 dollar bad decision away.

You're crushin' it Doc. You own this tripÂ…and if you need a lifeline shoot me a PM.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Quote from: rothstein57
Quote from: brettlees
It's been 50 days today.
I conquered a demon last two days with a 6 hour solo road trip and stay in a hotel. On top of that, I had to give a lecture to 14 of my peers. All in all it went well and I didn't even come close to caving.
Bigger test next week as I fly out to Vegas for 3 day seminar and as soon as I get back go to a buddie only weekend. Gonna be a test but I'm up for it. I'm proud of my quit. I'm down right annoying about it!
I'm not meaning to sound cocky. I know I'm one bad decision from being the nic whore's number one piss boy.
I don't really seem to think of nic like a lot of my bros do on here. I don't think of running to her when I've had a rough day or if I get in a fight with the wife. It wasn't something I used as a crutch or to help me through something because it was omnipresent. I was more akin to a tumor that I didn't realize was such a disgusting part of me until I got it removed.
I know I am an addict and prone to slip back to my old ways if I do not remain diligent, but the oral fixation part of this whole thing is the hardest for me. I feel like I ought to try phasing out the Smokey Mtn and seeds. I really feel like I haven't totally quit as long as I continue using them. I know they help but at some point you gotta toss the crutches and start walking on your own, right?
Anyway, don't really feel like 50 is anymore special than any other day but a nice "0" to update my thread on. Everyday...same old shit. But now that shit is QUIT!
Thank you to all of the people I have had the pleasure of interacting with on this site. This brotherhood of quit is heap powerful medicine...and I like good medicine!
Doc
50 days is good- congrats and keep it up! You're doing it right! I can sure relate to the travel triggers. What I realize now tho is that the freedom from all the hassles of ensuring regular fixes is really great- ant craves that pop up pale in comparison. Nice 50, see you at 51.
Quitting with you every day Doc. Kick ass.
Don't worry about the fake stuff. Just make sure you keep adding the +1's.

QLF Doc.
Congrats on day 50. Posts like this are an inspiration to us newbs. Quitting with you today.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
Crushing it Doc -- nice work, and great perspective about your (our) quit thus far. Nothing wrong with an increasing level of confidence each time you overcome a trigger event, especially since you're mindful of how quickly it can be erased. Keep it up, and look forward to seeing you on roll in the AM, bro.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 02:20:00 AM »
Doc, awesome job. And posting like that is how we quit. I stopped using Jakes one day because I just didn't want to spend the money and my oral fixation took about two days to get over. I think we are all different, but just please remember this. We are here to quit nicotine, not smokey mountain so use what you need too, and don't lose sight of "never again". For any fucking reason. Proud to be quit with you Doc.

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
Quote from: rothstein57
It's been 50 days today.
I conquered a demon last two days with a 6 hour solo road trip and stay in a hotel. On top of that, I had to give a lecture to 14 of my peers. All in all it went well and I didn't even come close to caving.
Bigger test next week as I fly out to Vegas for 3 day seminar and as soon as I get back go to a buddie only weekend. Gonna be a test but I'm up for it. I'm proud of my quit. I'm down right annoying about it!
I'm not meaning to sound cocky. I know I'm one bad decision from being the nic whore's number one piss boy.
I don't really seem to think of nic like a lot of my bros do on here. I don't think of running to her when I've had a rough day or if I get in a fight with the wife. It wasn't something I used as a crutch or to help me through something because it was omnipresent. I was more akin to a tumor that I didn't realize was such a disgusting part of me until I got it removed.
I know I am an addict and prone to slip back to my old ways if I do not remain diligent, but the oral fixation part of this whole thing is the hardest for me. I feel like I ought to try phasing out the Smokey Mtn and seeds. I really feel like I haven't totally quit as long as I continue using them. I know they help but at some point you gotta toss the crutches and start walking on your own, right?
Anyway, don't really feel like 50 is anymore special than any other day but a nice "0" to update my thread on. Everyday...same old shit. But now that shit is QUIT!
Thank you to all of the people I have had the pleasure of interacting with on this site. This brotherhood of quit is heap powerful medicine...and I like good medicine!
Doc
50 days is good- congrats and keep it up! You're doing it right! I can sure relate to the travel triggers. What I realize now tho is that the freedom from all the hassles of ensuring regular fixes is really great- ant craves that pop up pale in comparison. Nice 50, see you at 51.
Don't worry about the fake stuff. Just make sure you keep adding the +1's.

QLF Doc.
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
It's been 50 days today.
Doc

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
It's been 50 days today.
Doc
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
It's been 50 days today.
Doc
Half chubs are pretty bad ass Doc. However, they require daily stroking and continuous lubricant or they will shrivel back into your foreskin. Proud as fuck for you. Give yourself a little stroke on the plane ride to vegas. As for the Fake, seriously, don't fret. At some point you will just not want it anymore. That point is different for everybody, but don't be surprised if you use Fake off and on for the first year.

( V )

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
It's been 50 days today.
Doc
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014