Author Topic: Dumping the Tin  (Read 5989 times)

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dumping the Tin
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Quote from: YogiBear257
Right on guys! My gums are starting to feel extremely nice (I know for us this makes sense) and my teeth were getting whiter but because of all the coffee I've been drinking they are staining quickly.

Also.

We're June and we're gay.
Yogi, it ghey, not Gay. 'loot02'

Offline YogiBear257

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Right on guys! My gums are starting to feel extremely nice (I know for us this makes sense) and my teeth were getting whiter but because of all the coffee I've been drinking they are staining quickly.

Also.

We're June and we're gay.

Offline FLguy42

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Graft is a definite but afte rmy interviews and see what insurance I get, I'll set that up.  Otherwise the sores are just sores and my gums, especially the places where I dind't have a dip in are looking pink and much healthier.
Better than having to get it done and taking a dip after! Just think you will only have to do this once! I quit with your bad ass today. oh yea and half way to HOF, your a pimp my friend.
I hear ya Yogi. After so many yrs dipping my gums were just totally fucked. They hurt constantly - yet I continued to dip. Well, I'm at two weeks quit now and am amazed with how my gum tissue has improved. I saw the dentist and he mentioned the tissue had healed so fast that he really couldn't even tell I had dipped which is stunning.

Proud to be quit with you today

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Graft is a definite but afte rmy interviews and see what insurance I get, I'll set that up. Otherwise the sores are just sores and my gums, especially the places where I dind't have a dip in are looking pink and much healthier.
Better than having to get it done and taking a dip after! Just think you will only have to do this once! I quit with your bad ass today. oh yea and half way to HOF, your a pimp my friend.

Offline YogiBear257

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Graft is a definite but afte rmy interviews and see what insurance I get, I'll set that up. Otherwise the sores are just sores and my gums, especially the places where I dind't have a dip in are looking pink and much healthier.

Offline FLguy42

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Welp, looks like I am joining the gum graft group. Next week I'll find out for sure but my gum recession (left bicuspid areA) is really bad and it has now exposed near root. Pain happens sporadically and brushing my teeth is an episode in "Owwwww-rub cheek and gum and blood away" labor.

I will post progress but as of right now; just gum recession.
Yogi,

I had a gum graft beneath my lower bottom front four teeth about 8 years ago. Don't stress too much - you'll be fine. My recovery was pretty quick and the pain was manageable.

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Welp, looks like I am joining the gum graft group.  Next week I'll find out for sure but my gum recession (left bicuspid areA) is really bad and it has now exposed near root.   Pain happens sporadically and brushing my teeth is an episode in "Owwwww-rub cheek and gum and blood away" labor.

Better than cancer, or having to get it done while still dipping because you were still a bitch addict. I quit with you.
Exactly. At least now, you're quit like fuck and that ain't going to happen again! I quit with you!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
Welp, looks like I am joining the gum graft group. Next week I'll find out for sure but my gum recession (left bicuspid areA) is really bad and it has now exposed near root. Pain happens sporadically and brushing my teeth is an episode in "Owwwww-rub cheek and gum and blood away" labor.

Better than cancer, or having to get it done while still dipping because you were still a bitch addict. I quit with you.

Offline YogiBear257

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »

Offline YogiBear257

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Thank you guys. Really helped me a lot yesterday between the forum and especially the texts.

P3 for life!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »

The struggle is beginning.  Up until this point I have felt strong.  Unfaltering. 

This week is the week I get laid off and I have not found a replacement and like a little spider creeping, the want is coming. 

I know it is a temporary buzz and it is not worth it and I laugh because I can see why I should not ever have one, but that physical urge is coming and stronger.  As it comes stronger, so too does my anger and rage.  Almost like the urge is using the anger as a crutch to satiate that desire for that 10 minute buzz and 30 minute burn.

My first real struggle is here.  It's almost like I can feel it.  That this is the first heavy part of my quit rollercoaster.  And as much as I get annoyed at the 'she' talk of nic; I feel like she is coming with her weapons.  Crutches supplied through want.  Fake fixes.  Etc.

I will be posting this week and will likely be in chat a lot as talking with you guys does help calm me down.
I quit with you today Yogi, funny I got weird things happening to me as well today. On edge, im at day 40. I think it's the 40 funks. But were still QLF!
Your going to make it through this rough time yogi and kk. Yall know why? Because y'all know its not worth it. You both know the Nic bitch is full of lies. She will use the struggles of this life to mentally challenge you. Your days are stacking and she knows shes running out of options. There is another job out there yogi. One thing that you only have one of is your life and the way you want to live it. I tell you what,,,, y'all keep quiten and I'll keep quiten with you. Screw you nic bitch. 'arse' 'arse'
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »

The struggle is beginning. Up until this point I have felt strong. Unfaltering.

This week is the week I get laid off and I have not found a replacement and like a little spider creeping, the want is coming.

I know it is a temporary buzz and it is not worth it and I laugh because I can see why I should not ever have one, but that physical urge is coming and stronger. As it comes stronger, so too does my anger and rage. Almost like the urge is using the anger as a crutch to satiate that desire for that 10 minute buzz and 30 minute burn.

My first real struggle is here. It's almost like I can feel it. That this is the first heavy part of my quit rollercoaster. And as much as I get annoyed at the 'she' talk of nic; I feel like she is coming with her weapons. Crutches supplied through want. Fake fixes. Etc.

I will be posting this week and will likely be in chat a lot as talking with you guys does help calm me down.
I quit with you today Yogi, funny I got weird things happening to me as well today. On edge, im at day 40. I think it's the 40 funks. But were still QLF!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »

The struggle is beginning.  Up until this point I have felt strong.  Unfaltering. 

I know it is a temporary buzz and it is not worth it and I laugh because I can see why I should not ever have one, but that physical urge is coming and stronger.  As it comes stronger, so too does my anger and rage.  Almost like the urge is using the anger as a crutch to satiate that desire for that 10 minute buzz and 30 minute burn.

My first real struggle is here.  It's almost like I can feel it.  That this is the first heavy part of my quit rollercoaster.  And as much as I get annoyed at the 'she' talk of nic; I feel like she is coming with her weapons.  Crutches supplied through want.  Fake fixes.  Etc.

Yogi,

We all have similar phases but the battles are personal. I wanted to just give you my pre 100 day story.

I wasn't laid off but I was reduced in pay. I then pledged to quit dipping. At my 100 day mark, I loved that I made it to the hall!

However I went from 1/2 pay to zero pay. I went to work and feared that I was a dumb ass. I believed so much in my company and what I was doing. Even though they couldn't pay me, I was all in.

The stress of spending all my savings to only get by and work 40+ hours a week. Can't tell you how many times the call for a dip came. My first 100 days taught me never to be impulsive to the can.

Since I wasn't impulsive I stayed quit and something changed in me. I AM QUIT. Regardless of my life circumstances, I valued being quit and dipping wouldn't get me a pay check. It would cost me 5.00.

I made it, I got my back pay and a bi weekly check now. All is well. So it is in life. It will all work out if you stay committed and do what is necessary.

Short version: Caving won't make your situation better. Staying quit increases your confidence to believe in you and what you are doing. Quit every damn day and keep your word. That is the best way to play our game of life.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline YogiBear257

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »

The struggle is beginning. Up until this point I have felt strong. Unfaltering.

I know it is a temporary buzz and it is not worth it and I laugh because I can see why I should not ever have one, but that physical urge is coming and stronger. As it comes stronger, so too does my anger and rage. Almost like the urge is using the anger as a crutch to satiate that desire for that 10 minute buzz and 30 minute burn.

My first real struggle is here. It's almost like I can feel it. That this is the first heavy part of my quit rollercoaster. And as much as I get annoyed at the 'she' talk of nic; I feel like she is coming with her weapons. Crutches supplied through want. Fake fixes. Etc.

Offline YogiBear257

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Will resume working on the spreadsheet this week, gents.

Experimented this weekend while home on some personalized fake-dip variations with my Jake's varieties.

Big winner: Mint Juldip. (Mint Julep kids)
Ingredients:
1 tin of any Mint or wintergreen fake dip
Quarter shot of bourbon
2 Sprigs of mint leaves

Break up the dip using the back end of a fork. (way to messy for fingers). Pour in whiskey, anywhere from a quarter to half a shot. I like Knob Creek but hey, Kentucky Gentleman is $7. Close the tin and pack good. Open the tin up, stir the dip with fork and pack again. Open, add two springs of fresh mint and close tin.

I let mine sit in the fridge for 3 hours then took it out and used it while working on a planters box.

Fantastic!