Author Topic: Finally going to do this...  (Read 6470 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Finally going to do this...
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »
First off, listen to WT, he's a bad mama Jamma. Helped many quit around here, including myself.

You haven't been "yourself" in years bro. So you havent been hating "yourself" you've been hating what nicotine has turned you into, thus you have been hating nicotine...not yourself .

Regardless, it's time to start loving yourself, "the real you", again. Time to step out of the dark shadows of being addict, time to dig deep, time to grow the fuck up. It's time.

I'm here to help you man. Something about your intro got to me. Sounds like you've been through some shit, and are tired of being a slave. I like hearing shit like that. I get off on it because I hated myself too, except I didn't know it until after I quit. It feels so good to love myself again, that I cant even explain it. Its beyond words.

If I can help in anyway to get you to that place, I will do it. I'm here for you man, and so are a lot of other bad ass heavy hitting quitters. Use me, use them, use US!!! Pm me anytime if you want my digits or have any questions.

You WILL do this. It's time...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Detton you are where I was 290 days ago. I had a very hard time saying it but it was true. I hated myself and everything about my life, all because of what my addiction was doing to me. In fact my quit worked or I had settled on ending my life. This was my last try. As a 40 year addict I doubted that this time would be different than the 100's of previous attempts over the years. I planned my quit and was doing everything I could to insure success, that is when I stumbled onto KTC. I moved my quit date up 11 days and drank deep of the quit koolaid and have been here early every morning and promised myself and a bunch of other addicts that I can do it one more day. You have a special reminder each day you have a reason to live. I found a surprise in quitting and I know you will too. I found someone in myself that I've never known (someone I actually am learning to like). I'm extending my hand to you for any support you may need. Pm me if you want my #. One thing I suggest avoid alcohol for the next 60 - 80 days at least, alcohol has killed way to many quits.
WT, that's why I got the case of beer to go along with my old friend Kodiak. I'm doing at least a hundred days on it, too, and I'll probably decide I don't need it either. I'm not an addict with beer, but I'm a man. I love beer. But like you, I'm ready to find the man that I really used to like. You know what else? Everybody in my life for the past five years has told me what an awesome job I've done as a single father. In all aspects but that of slowly killing myself, they are absolutely correct. I love that young'un. Now I'm going to prove it and look at everybody and be able to know I am doing a great job as a single daddy.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
Detton you are where I was 290 days ago. I had a very hard time saying it but it was true. I hated myself and everything about my life, all because of what my addiction was doing to me. In fact my quit worked or I had settled on ending my life. This was my last try. As a 40 year addict I doubted that this time would be different than the 100's of previous attempts over the years. I planned my quit and was doing everything I could to insure success, that is when I stumbled onto KTC. I moved my quit date up 11 days and drank deep of the quit koolaid and have been here early every morning and promised myself and a bunch of other addicts that I can do it one more day. You have a special reminder each day you have a reason to live. I found a surprise in quitting and I know you will too. I found someone in myself that I've never known (someone I actually am learning to like). I'm extending my hand to you for any support you may need. Pm me if you want my #. One thing I suggest avoid alcohol for the next 60 - 80 days at least, alcohol has killed way to many quits.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats on quitting. With this site, quitting is not only possible but you will notice positive changes in all areas of your life in no time. The first week or so sucks ass, I won't lie. Drink this KTC wisdom down, keep reading everything, post roll early each day, and keep your word to yourself and us.

Quit for today. Tomorrow will work itself out then.

When the fog is thick and you don't know your name, get on this site, or better yet go to Live Chat and vent on us. Don't ever take out your frustration on family, especially that little girl that has already suffered enough. You are her dad, the most important person in her life now and forever. She needs you, your love, guidance, and support. Never forget it.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline kevinranders

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Welcome to the quit my fellow April quit brother. 2 days in for me (fucking sucks ass, but so worth it) embrace the pain..amirite? Am here if u need me.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Dlee3
Hey guys,

I found this site last June, but I've been quitting for about fifteen and a half years. I thoroughly enjoyed the first six months when I was nineteen. Anyway, it is absolutely ridiculous that I still dip. February 6 will make five years since my wife died of a brain tumor. She was only 29 years old. My daughter was two and a half when she died. The kid will be 8 in April and I'm going to give her one bad ass birthday present. On her birthday I'll be at 91 days. I say close enough. But I will make 100 days. I will make ten thousand days.

I decided yesterday that not only did I dislike myself, I absolutely hated myself. I decided I needed to quit attaching my potential quits with special dates and I just said, "Fuck it, tomorrow it is." I went out and got a case of beer, got drunk, took my last two dips and threw the rest of the can away. Other than the hangover, I've been smiling all day. I liked myself today. I already feel a headache coming on, but I'm going to smile through it. Thanks to whatever freaking genius gave me this site and these stories and all those scary-as-hell pictures, and I'm proud as hell of every one of you. I'm going to be proud of me soon, too. Thanks in advance for being there for me in the coming days, weeks, and months. I'm sure I'm going to need you.

Denton
Denton,
Nice job man, congrats on your quit. I'm going to point out that you have not been quitting for 15 years, you've wanted to but you have not. Now you have, welcome to the club. Looks like you've been checking this out for good long time. Go post roll and then do it every day, 1st thing in the morning, I'll quit with you and so will a ton of other guys here.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
Finally going to do this...
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
Hey guys,

I found this site last June, but I've been quitting for about fifteen and a half years. I thoroughly enjoyed the first six months when I was nineteen. Anyway, it is absolutely ridiculous that I still dip. February 6 will make five years since my wife died of a brain tumor. She was only 29 years old. My daughter was two and a half when she died. The kid will be 8 in April and I'm going to give her one bad ass birthday present. On her birthday I'll be at 91 days. I say close enough. But I will make 100 days. I will make ten thousand days.

I decided yesterday that not only did I dislike myself, I absolutely hated myself. I decided I needed to quit attaching my potential quits with special dates and I just said, "Fuck it, tomorrow it is." I went out and got a case of beer, got drunk, took my last two dips and threw the rest of the can away. Other than the hangover, I've been smiling all day. I liked myself today. I already feel a headache coming on, but I'm going to smile through it. Thanks to whatever freaking genius gave me this site and these stories and all those scary-as-hell pictures, and I'm proud as hell of every one of you. I'm going to be proud of me soon, too. Thanks in advance for being there for me in the coming days, weeks, and months. I'm sure I'm going to need you.