Author Topic: I'm done with this Sh#%  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: I'm done with this Sh#%
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: USMCray
Quote from: Heisenberg
After reading through quite a few posts from other addicts I have to ask....Do you guys really have strong cravings after 30-40 even 100 days or are people just fucking with us newbies? That's fairly discouraging to people on day one.
Cravings will never suck as bad as the first week. Cravings will be like random head aches from time to time and on that note I'll take the chances of a head ache over a lip of cancer in my mouth.
Day-1 now day-2 awesome!!! So u just proved u can do it one day at a time,so day 100000 And 200000 is in your future one day at a time. I quit with u today bud.
Dude, it gets way way way better. Don't get discouraged. Follow the plan and you will feel better and better each day and each week.

Unfortunately, because of what we've done to ourselves, the nic bitch will never leave the back of our minds. That's okay though. The tools to beat that little bitch back are here at KTC. You'll sharpen them over the next few months and be armed for a lifetime of quit and happiness.

Quit on brother!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline USMCray

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Wife,kids. And work work,work!!! And watching my cowboys,spurs,and rangers!!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
After reading through quite a few posts from other addicts I have to ask....Do you guys really have strong cravings after 30-40 even 100 days or are people just fucking with us newbies? That's fairly discouraging to people on day one.
Cravings will never suck as bad as the first week. Cravings will be like random head aches from time to time and on that note I'll take the chances of a head ache over a lip of cancer in my mouth.
Day-1 now day-2 awesome!!! So u just proved u can do it one day at a time,so day 100000 And 200000 is in your future one day at a time. I quit with u today bud.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
By the way, I assume from your intro that you're quitting the booze at the same time. I personally think that's a great idea at least until you get a solid quit going. Some say to abstain completely from alcohol for at least the first 50-100 days. I think it's different for everyone, and largely depends on how much of a trigger beer is for you. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions without question. If you have a tendency to overindulge, taking a break is one of the best things you can do to shore up your resolve.

Good job posting roll for day 2 today. You've got a tough fight ahead of you, but you're getting after it all the same.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Welcome. I can tell by your username that, like me, you have good taste in tee-vee. The fact that you are here and posting roll tells me that good decision making is prominent on your radar as well.

The short answer to the first part of your question: Yes.

One of the best things you can do in the early hours and days of your quit is to spend lots of time reading as much as you can on this site. Really try to absorb what you learn here and use it to arm yourself over the coming days and weeks ahead. Also, your November quit brothers as well as the seasoned vets are here to lean on when you need it. You can vent at us all you want - we can take it. Just keep posting roll and take it one day at a time. PM me if you need digits, because building a strong support network is one of the huge keys to success.

Now for the tough love part.

You think getting some craves after 100 days quit is discouraging? Really??? You spent the last 20 years packing your lip full of that shit to the tune of a can a day and you expect to be tap dancing through the tulips after a few weeks nic-free? That's the addict in you, trying to make you think it's all hopeless and to just give up. Fuck that noise. You've got to bear down and be the boss. Every day. Yes, you will have craves, and yes they will be gale force at times. As long as you post roll first thing in the morning, stay lined up shoulder to shoulder with your fellow brothers, and are a man of your word, you will stay quit today. For as long as you draw breath, you will have to repeat that promise anew each day. Accept it and embrace it. It will get better, but you need to wear the pants and decide to take ownership of your quit and not the other way around.

I quit with you today.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Don't be discourage by anything. The only thing you should think about is I quit today. You need to add to your 'to do list' right after waking up POST ROLL! As a 40+ Year addict that has been quit for 857 days I still have occasional Craves but they are weak and I have tools to deal with them. The main thing is I remember the suck of withdrawal and quitting, I never want to have to repeat any of that.
Welcome.
We are addicts in control of our addiction.
ODAAT.
we decide daily. We own the quit.
glad ur here. You r not here by accident.
u really can "be quit." 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
Don't be discourage by anything. The only thing you should think about is I quit today. You need to add to your 'to do list' right after waking up POST ROLL! As a 40+ Year addict that has been quit for 857 days I still have occasional Craves but they are weak and I have tools to deal with them. The main thing is I remember the suck of withdrawal and quitting, I never want to have to repeat any of that.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-14
  • Interests: Mountain Bikes, Hunting and fishing.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Quote from: spence249
I just recently resigned from a 20 year career to get my shit back in order. I've been dipping a can a day and drinking a 6 pack of beer everyday for nearly 20 years. I thought about quitting a few times here and there but by 5pm I always gave myself an excuse to keep the tradition going. But I'm ready and fully committed to make a promise to myself and everyone on this site that I'm done with this shit. Just looking back on why I ever started or thought that I needed a pinch of dip to get me through the next 20 minutes is just flat out embarrassing. Nicotine and alcohol flat out kicked my ass and now I'm bringing the fight to them. I WILL WIN this fucking battle. My brother told me about this site and also said that it is impossible to quit (He made it 5 days before he caved). Time to do battle and prove him wrong!
First off, great decision to finally quit. That's the first step. The next step is to let your body heal and reprogram itself. You put that poison in your body for 20 years. Just like your body had to learn how to adapt to being poisoned everyday, it now has to learn how to live without nic.

Just keep in mind that everyone on here has been thru the same shit you have and will be going thru. Reach out and ask for help if you need it. Read other peoples posts for inspiration and get involved. Make the investment of your time into helping yourself and others. That investment will begin to pay dividends quickly. But just like any other investment, it takes time. One day at a time.

Quit hard!
^^^great advice here. One day at a time brother. Each day is a victory, another battle with the nic bitch. It gets way easier as time passes. So just worry about today and know that it will get better, way better.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
I just recently resigned from a 20 year career to get my shit back in order. I've been dipping a can a day and drinking a 6 pack of beer everyday for nearly 20 years. I thought about quitting a few times here and there but by 5pm I always gave myself an excuse to keep the tradition going. But I'm ready and fully committed to make a promise to myself and everyone on this site that I'm done with this shit. Just looking back on why I ever started or thought that I needed a pinch of dip to get me through the next 20 minutes is just flat out embarrassing. Nicotine and alcohol flat out kicked my ass and now I'm bringing the fight to them. I WILL WIN this fucking battle. My brother told me about this site and also said that it is impossible to quit (He made it 5 days before he caved). Time to do battle and prove him wrong!
First off, great decision to finally quit. That's the first step. The next step is to let your body heal and reprogram itself. You put that poison in your body for 20 years. Just like your body had to learn how to adapt to being poisoned everyday, it now has to learn how to live without nic.

Just keep in mind that everyone on here has been thru the same shit you have and will be going thru. Reach out and ask for help if you need it. Read other peoples posts for inspiration and get involved. Make the investment of your time into helping yourself and others. That investment will begin to pay dividends quickly. But just like any other investment, it takes time. One day at a time.

Quit hard!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Thanks bud. I just joined a gym this morning and got myself on a workout program. I also cancelled on a couple hunting trips coming up in the next few weeks to keep a distance from all my friends who are also addicts. I imagine an entire change in what I do and who I do them with is going to have to take place. I've been thinking a lot about this for quite some time. It's not as simple as saying I quit...An entire change in my daily routine will also have to be put in place. As lame as it may sound I've written out a TO DO list with 20 items I'm not accustomed to doing. Starting with waking up at 5am and ending with going to bed by 9pm.
As mentioned. Start reading. Another way to build your quit is to help others build their quit. I can't explain it but it is true, the more you give the more you get. Start posting with your group and really get involved.

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
Thanks bud. I just joined a gym this morning and got myself on a workout program. I also cancelled on a couple hunting trips coming up in the next few weeks to keep a distance from all my friends who are also addicts. I imagine an entire change in what I do and who I do them with is going to have to take place. I've been thinking a lot about this for quite some time. It's not as simple as saying I quit...An entire change in my daily routine will also have to be put in place. As lame as it may sound I've written out a TO DO list with 20 items I'm not accustomed to doing. Starting with waking up at 5am and ending with going to bed by 9pm.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
To Pay At the Pump! How did you know I was Mr. White?
Call me Hank.

Paying at the pump is a great plan, and don't you worry about 5 days out. Worry about being quit now. Drink tons of water, and exercise is great to kill craves. Read everything here, and get involved with your group (November 2014).

Most importantly, don't give in to nicotine's lies. She might seem all busty and alluring sometimes, but she'll give you ho hum handjobs while reading a magazine and fool around behind your back. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
Listen to waste panel. He knows quit. Read everything on KTC. The plan works.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
Call me Hank.

Paying at the pump is a great plan, and don't you worry about 5 days out. Worry about being quit now. Drink tons of water, and exercise is great to kill craves. Read everything here, and get involved with your group (November 2014).

Most importantly, don't give in to nicotine's lies. She might seem all busty and alluring sometimes, but she'll give you ho hum handjobs while reading a magazine and fool around behind your back. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
You are the one that quits...

What's your plan, Mr. White?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021