Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 24367 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #375 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: brettlees
I want to add a little here as I go, as a record and to keep building my accountability network. What makes sense to me right now is to talk about symptoms because they are pretty big for me. I"m in day 8. I'm really in a fog a lot of the time. Feels light headed, almost dizzy, poor concentration. I'm good with it because I know I'll come out. My work suffers but so far that's ok.

A couple days ago i had a sore lymph node on one side. Of course i feared cancer. It's gone now, after only about a day. THen yesterday my mouth began noticably healing. Layers seem to be peeling off inside. Some minor sores. I've been here when I stopped before, And, the other side's lymph node is irritated. As long as nothing stays too long, i'm ok with all of these.

Gas keeps coming on too- especially at night. That's been a real factor in "stops" before sometimes- but this time it's tolerable. I just wish it would quit eventually.

I feel like I could stay on this site all day, make supportive friends, etc. That must be where my needs lie. But I have to work- been cruising around here long already. I"m very thankful for it though. Will go take a walk, see if I can blast some of this fog out for a bit and get to some work.
Congratulations on 1,000 days!!! Today is a huge milestone for this dude that embraces and embodies the values of this site... Brotherhood  Accountability. That fog really did lift, and when it did, you've never looked back! Congratulations, Brett!
Man, am I happy to see you hit this milestone Brett. You've been such a great supporter and friend to so many, I couldn't be happier for you. Congrats brother!
That's how you do that!!! Congrat Brett!!!!
Congrats Brett! You have been such a strength and comfort to me . Thank you so much for everything. What a day!,,,, 'oh yeah'
Welcome to the Hall of Legends Brett!!!
Enjoy this day Breetles, you helped me so much in my quit! Thank you!
So damn proud of you Brett! You continue to be a shining light through the fog for so many of us. Amazing to share this great day with you brother!
Dogpile!

Congrats to you my friend! So damn happy to see this and be a part of it with you!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #374 on: July 18, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I want to add a little here as I go, as a record and to keep building my accountability network. What makes sense to me right now is to talk about symptoms because they are pretty big for me. I"m in day 8. I'm really in a fog a lot of the time. Feels light headed, almost dizzy, poor concentration. I'm good with it because I know I'll come out. My work suffers but so far that's ok.

A couple days ago i had a sore lymph node on one side. Of course i feared cancer. It's gone now, after only about a day. THen yesterday my mouth began noticably healing. Layers seem to be peeling off inside. Some minor sores. I've been here when I stopped before, And, the other side's lymph node is irritated. As long as nothing stays too long, i'm ok with all of these.

Gas keeps coming on too- especially at night. That's been a real factor in "stops" before sometimes- but this time it's tolerable. I just wish it would quit eventually.

I feel like I could stay on this site all day, make supportive friends, etc. That must be where my needs lie. But I have to work- been cruising around here long already. I"m very thankful for it though. Will go take a walk, see if I can blast some of this fog out for a bit and get to some work.
Congratulations on 1,000 days!!! Today is a huge milestone for this dude that embraces and embodies the values of this site... Brotherhood  Accountability. That fog really did lift, and when it did, you've never looked back! Congratulations, Brett!
Man, am I happy to see you hit this milestone Brett. You've been such a great supporter and friend to so many, I couldn't be happier for you. Congrats brother!
Congrats Brett! You have been such a strength and comfort to me . Thank you so much for everything. What a day!,,,, 'oh yeah'
So damn proud of you Brett! You continue to be a shining light through the fog for so many of us. Amazing to share this great day with you brother!
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #373 on: July 18, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »

Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »

NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #369 on: July 18, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #368 on: July 18, 2016, 05:43:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: QuitConstruct
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: ChickDip
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Dude congratulations on another well earned milestone. You keep me honest every day and have helped me and others not only quit, but heal. It is an honor to quit with you.
Brett, congrats on the 9th floor! And thanks for all the support you gave to me and many others. Celebrate. What the hell, buy a Broncos Super Bowl champs hoodie !!!
Way to be Brett. You have helped me more than you know. Thank you! Four digits right around the corner!
Congrats on 900 days brother, glad to share these milestones with you.
Congrats on 900!!
Congrats on 900 today Brett. Enjoy today and know I am here with you fo every milestone as we crush them in the sesame day every time.
Congratulations Brett! Keep giving back! 9th frigging floor!
Don't let this guy's kind, genuine, friendly, give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back demeanor fool you for one second. He is one BAD - ASS - QUITTER! Congrats Brett!
Congrats Brett! Hell of a fine quit!
WAY TO GO 900!!
Way to go Red Horse Cock nice 9hundo keep up the great work enjoy your day. Thank you for always being there
Thanks everyone! it's the people who support you that make all the difference- i couldn't ask for more than the congrats from each of you!
Quit on- let's all keep fighting this thing everywhere we can and each in our own best ways! Still pisses me off what big tobacco did to us, does to our fellow humans, and Congress lets them get away with. I'm FIGHTING for LIFE now!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »
Quote from: QuitConstruct
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Dude congratulations on another well earned milestone. You keep me honest every day and have helped me and others not only quit, but heal. It is an honor to quit with you.
Brett, congrats on the 9th floor! And thanks for all the support you gave to me and many others. Celebrate. What the hell, buy a Broncos Super Bowl champs hoodie !!!
Way to be Brett. You have helped me more than you know. Thank you! Four digits right around the corner!
Congrats on 900!!
Congrats on 900 today Brett. Enjoy today and know I am here with you fo every milestone as we crush them in the sesame day every time.
Don't let this guy's kind, genuine, friendly, give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back demeanor fool you for one second. He is one BAD - ASS - QUITTER! Congrats Brett!
WAY TO GO 900!!
Way to go Red Horse Cock nice 9hundo keep up the great work enjoy your day. Thank you for always being there
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline QuitConstruct

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: The Word, People, Myself, Construction, hopefully a wife soon
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Congrats on 900!!
WAY TO GO 900!!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Congrats on 900!!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Congrats on 900!!
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Congrats on 900!!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »
9TH FLOOR BADASS!

Congrats on 900!!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13