Author Topic: Gearing up for Day 1  (Read 6779 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gearing up for Day 1
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: traumagnet
Funny how ol boy hasn't jumped back on here...
cause he is sober now...he only comes here when he is drunk. watch his mannorisms especially when he posts. he posted on one persons thread love you the next he is still trying to get his one follower....L O S E R scout sniper blah blah he cant tell me from what unit because then he would have to kill me I am sure. He goes on benders in the eve to early am then passes out.
Normally when i guy gets drunk though he can't type..the whole love you thing was a little odd as well (not that there's anything wrong with that). He seems a little more on the manic side of things...
I type better when I am drinking just like driving....lol
I thought that too until the cops disagreed with me a couple of times!
pricks....what nerve...ND I think has the toughest law on DUI on the books now. its like .05 now.... Which sucks because you gotta drive to get everywhere here. HJLF this thread
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
cause he is sober now...he only comes here when he is drunk. watch his mannorisms especially when he posts. he posted on one persons thread love you the next he is still trying to get his one follower....L O S E R scout sniper blah blah he cant tell me from what unit because then he would have to kill me I am sure. He goes on benders in the eve to early am then passes out.
Normally when i guy gets drunk though he can't type..the whole love you thing was a little odd as well (not that there's anything wrong with that). He seems a little more on the manic side of things...
I thought that too until the cops disagreed with me a couple of times!
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »

Offline rustaf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2011-04-01
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Adigg
Wow, this looks strikingly familiar.

Narcissism:
Description
Persons diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder are characterized by unwarranted feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy for others. These qualities are usually defenses against a deep feeling of inferiority and of being unloved.

Symptoms
Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:
Takes advantage of others to reach own goals
Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
Envies others and believes others envy him/her
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Per the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.
Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

He has a DIESEL truck all paid for!!!!!!111!1!! If it was just a regular old truck I wouldn't be impressed. But it's DIESEL11!!1!lLL!1111!!!!.

Offline Adigg

• Quitter
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Wow, this looks strikingly familiar.

Narcissism:
Description
Persons diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder are characterized by unwarranted feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy for others. These qualities are usually defenses against a deep feeling of inferiority and of being unloved.

Symptoms
Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:
Takes advantage of others to reach own goals
Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
Envies others and believes others envy him/her
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Per the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.
Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
This shit is funny to me. First off I don't care about any of this shit and everyone responding to things that someone says just to spool everyone up is not helping anything. The only thing I gathered from this is the correlation between the character Luciousdeborgia and the character Ed Helms in "The Goods"....Google me hahaha
"I quit today until tomorrow then quit again"
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
HOF:05SEP2013
My Intro

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: lb
I fought in a war. I was a Scout sniper.
Tell me more please.
Yeah, I want to hear more, as well. And I want to know about the cult thing. I've been thinking about joining a cult if the right one comes along.

Of course, before you explain, a roll post is required. Seriously, your next post needs to be a roll call. PM me if any questions about that.
If you join a cult DO NOT drink their cool aide.
Unless a comet is on its way, you dont want to miss out on that shit- free trip to a new home planet = awesome!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Tell me more please.
Yeah, I want to hear more, as well. And I want to know about the cult thing. I've been thinking about joining a cult if the right one comes along.

Of course, before you explain, a roll post is required. Seriously, your next post needs to be a roll call. PM me if any questions about that.
If you join a cult DO NOT drink their cool aide.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
My response to Lucius DeBorgia is simple. I'm not going to argue. But I will state what I know to be true and what the real quitters on KTC have learned to be true: Posting roll, making your promise, keeping your word and repeating the procedure daily is by far the most effective method of kicking the nicBitch down and keeping her down.

My 988 days of being quit speak to KTC's effectiveness. It is highly unlikely that Mr. DeBorgia will reach that level on his own. I hope he does but all the wisdom here at KTC leans the other way.

Please take your street-corner preaching somewhere else. This is what we do here and that's not going to change.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Tell me more please.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Tell me more please.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Being from a wealthy family and having a lot of great lifetime accomplishments so far doesn't make you any LESS of an ADDICT than the local trash collector who uses tobacco or is using our method to quit tobacco. Tobacco addiction has no boundries. All types have used our method successfully to quit and stay quit ranging from college professors, Business owners to fireman and common laborers. We are all on the same level here!!! If you can't get off your high horse, post roll call daily, and use our program as intended, then go away and use your own method. It seems to work for you so why would you need us anyways?????