Author Topic: I will not die, I will survive.  (Read 3765 times)

Offline nomorecope!

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I will not die, I will survive.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
You're the man, John.

Proud of you.

We're quit.

Offline john89

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-19
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Well went to the dentist finally and they said my mouth was in great shape. I could use this as an excuse to start packin the cans again but I more things in my life to worry about than some terrible mouth cancer. Thanks all for the help. I'm staying quit every day one day at a time.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: john89
48 days. Still fighting for my freedom and things are getting better everyday.
7 frigging week's is badass! Keep doing what you're doing, obviously it works, don't change a thing! Quit on my brother!
Nice. Take a minute and read your first few posts. Aren't you glad you'll never have to go through that again???

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
7 frigging week's is badass! Keep doing what you're doing, obviously it works, don't change a thing! Quit on my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 03:19:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
5 weeks clean and still healing up.
Awesome work John.

5 weeks ago you were a different man than you are today. Lots more upside ahead. Remember - there is no "just one". There is a great freedom, though, and a sense of pride like you've never felt before. Congratulations on a great achievement!
5 weeks is huge my friend! Be proud of every damn second. Stay involved and remember take what you need and leave the rest! Proud to be quit with you today my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2015, 05:02:00 AM »
Awesome work John.

5 weeks ago you were a different man than you are today. Lots more upside ahead. Remember - there is no "just one". There is a great freedom, though, and a sense of pride like you've never felt before. Congratulations on a great achievement!

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Day 32 and still clean. Everyday I work as hard as I can to stay clean. I wish the best for all going down this road with me. And for those not yet with us I wish they were. I'm a quitter today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Another day down and I'm lovin it. Throat problems are some what gone. I'm staying quit for good one day at a time.
John you are killing it. Keep pushing forward one day at a time. There will be bumps on the road occasionally, but you gave navigated through one hell of a storm very well. Clearer skies are ahead.
One month, before you know it, one year! Keep doing what you're doing, pay it forward reach out to some of the newbies in your group, remember how it was for you and how you couldn't wait to see who was supporting you! Some make it alone in this daily battle, but I'm damn proud to have all the badass quitters beside me! Quit on my friend!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 06:41:00 AM »
Another day down and I'm lovin it. Throat problems are some what gone. I'm staying quit for good one day at a time.
John you are killing it. Keep pushing forward one day at a time. There will be bumps on the road occasionally, but you gave navigated through one hell of a storm very well. Clearer skies are ahead.

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 11:22:00 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2015, 05:28:00 AM »
Day 30 tomorrow. It's still a struggle and I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel like I'm on the right path. I would like to thank all you guys for the help and the comments.
Congratulations on a month dude! That is huge!

One day at a time it will keep getting better.

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »
Day 30 tomorrow. It's still a struggle and I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel like I'm on the right path. I would like to thank all you guys for the help and the comments.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 01:25:00 AM »
Well guys 27 days today. Gonna see the dentist in a couple weeks. Just read an article that said the incubation period for mouth cancer is 10 years. Gonna be keeping up on my dentist visits from now on. Things are looking up for me and I'm trying to find things that put my mind at ease. Sitting around thinking and reading about oral cancers is getting old. Stay quit guys.
We cannot change the past.
We cannot control the future.
We can own today.

Proud to quit with you today, even if you have been throat raped. Ha.
Hey John you can worry about the sun shining tomorrow or if your cars gonna crank when you get off work. What I'm saying is, there's things in life we have no control of. We can however enjoy our lives to the fullest one day at a time knowing that we are free from nic. No one's promised tomorrow so let's enjoy today and worry about what's gonna happen tomorrow, tomorrow! Quit on my friend!