Author Topic: I will not die, I will survive.  (Read 3767 times)

Offline john89

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-19
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I will not die, I will survive.
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 01:02:00 AM »
Well day 19 is all but over. Kinda a hard day feeling the funk a lil bit but still feel better than I ever did without the nic. Proud to be quit with all you guys. Thanks for the kind words and comments. Day 20 here I come.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
Thankful to hear the good news John. So sad that dip can take lives at such young ages. I escaped it so far for 38 years by the grace of God! Now relax enjoy your freedom! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Glad to hear it John. Use it to keep you motivated. No more scary doc appointments due to nicotine. You've got this!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Glad to hear this news. Very glad. I'm also glad you documented this. Don't ever forget the fear, and the relief. Be proud. You are doing something great for yourself and are a role model. Proud to quit with you.

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks Patrick. We will all get through this together.

Offline PatrickG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-30
  • Interests: God, family, duck hunting and Alabama football.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
That is great john! I am happy you got the all clear. Now is the time to really commit to this quit. Engage with your group. Make sure you post early every day. Trade numbers and send pm's. Proud to quit with you.
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.- Paul Bear Bryant

Process guarantees success. A good process produces good results - Nick Saban

HOF Speech - There is nothing new under the sun

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Got good news from the doc. Everything looks normal and nothing suspicious. Had a hardcore exam also with the camera through the nose thing to take a good look at my throat. I was scared to death at 1st and a story the doc told me about her youngest cancer patient that died at age 23 due to tobacco. Feeling a lot better now and ready to keep moving forward in my life a nic free person. Thanks to everyone that gave encouraging words. At first I thought this quit thing was all me but I know now we're in this together. Thanks everyone.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
I now go to the doctor and the dentist and can proudly check "no" for the smoker/nicotine user box. We all quit for some reason, but it's the complete realization that this product will kill you is why we are here everyday.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: john89
Scariest weeks of my my life. Headed in to see the doc today. Just posted roll and feeling a little better. Nothing has ever messed with me this bad. I will never go back to the nic, the hate for this substance is real. I don't even have a desire left in my body for it.
Good for you John. Just remember, no matter what the docs tell you in the next couple weeks, you've taken your freedom back for today. Whatever the outcome, you'll have that, so hold onto it tight bud. Proud to quit with you today!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 01:51:00 PM »
Scariest weeks of my my life. Headed in to see the doc today. Just posted roll and feeling a little better. Nothing has ever messed with me this bad. I will never go back to the nic, the hate for this substance is real. I don't even have a desire left in my body for it.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Thanks guys. Hopefully the news I get will help me get my mind right.
Mind right? Your mind is in the right place! You are making your promise and keeping it!

For 365 days you have lost to a chopped up plant in a can. You've been harming yourself, lied (you know you've lied about this... We all have), and wasted thousands of dollars. Yesterday you won. Today you are winning. At something you've lost at for 365 days.

Dude this is a big deal. You should pat yourself on the back and be proud. I'm proud as hell to type this to a winner like you. Go in tomorrow and be straight up honest with the doctor. And come back here and type how you frlt walking in there with sweaty palms and pits thinking about your visit. Because you won't ever have to relive that again! One day at a time!
Solid. F-ing solid. And when one of my best friends, the legendary worktowin, responds you're sure to gather a following. I'll say this, and I've never said it before, read my intro. My cause for quitting was the same as yours...a persistent throat issue. Difference between you and me is, 18 years of addiction to your one. With that said....it doesn't matter, we're both addicts the same. If I had a sliver of the balls you have to quit at one year compared to the 18 years of slaveship and desperation that lead to my quit....I can't even comprehend it. Do this; donkey punch that nic bitch and end it....f'in Ronda Rousey style.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Mind right? Your mind is in the right place! You are making your promise and keeping it!

For 365 days you have lost to a chopped up plant in a can. You've been harming yourself, lied (you know you've lied about this... We all have), and wasted thousands of dollars. Yesterday you won. Today you are winning. At something you've lost at for 365 days.

Dude this is a big deal. You should pat yourself on the back and be proud. I'm proud as hell to type this to a winner like you. Go in tomorrow and be straight up honest with the doctor. And come back here and type how you frlt walking in there with sweaty palms and pits thinking about your visit. Because you won't ever have to relive that again! One day at a time!

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Quote from: PatrickG
Going to the doc tomorrow. Still feeling the pain and side affects of this garbage. Another day down though.
John,
Regardless of what the doc says, make sure you get back in here and stay connected and committed to yoir quit. Most of us have feared that trip to the dentist/doctor. Pm me if you need another number.
Prayers to you friend! Remember we're all here! Good job posting roll! Proud of you! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline PatrickG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-30
  • Interests: God, family, duck hunting and Alabama football.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Going to the doc tomorrow. Still feeling the pain and side affects of this garbage. Another day down though.
John,
Regardless of what the doc says, make sure you get back in here and stay connected and committed to yoir quit. Most of us have feared that trip to the dentist/doctor. Pm me if you need another number.
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.- Paul Bear Bryant

Process guarantees success. A good process produces good results - Nick Saban

HOF Speech - There is nothing new under the sun