Author Topic: I will not die, I will survive.  (Read 3766 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: I will not die, I will survive.
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 06:27:00 PM »
Quote from: john89
Well guys 27 days today. Gonna see the dentist in a couple weeks. Just read an article that said the incubation period for mouth cancer is 10 years. Gonna be keeping up on my dentist visits from now on. Things are looking up for me and I'm trying to find things that put my mind at ease. Sitting around thinking and reading about oral cancers is getting old. Stay quit guys.
We cannot change the past.
We cannot control the future.
We can own today.

Proud to quit with you today, even if you have been throat raped. Ha.

Offline john89

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-19
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »
Well guys 27 days today. Gonna see the dentist in a couple weeks. Just read an article that said the incubation period for mouth cancer is 10 years. Gonna be keeping up on my dentist visits from now on. Things are looking up for me and I'm trying to find things that put my mind at ease. Sitting around thinking and reading about oral cancers is getting old. Stay quit guys.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: howgoodgodis
Feels like I've been raped in the throat. Another day free. I wouldn't hope this on my worst enemy. Stay quit guys.

Hey buddy, I'm on day 27 now and my throat feels the same way. Becoming a little less at times but it still bothers me. I lay it at the foot of the cross and carry on. I trust that it will get better. No matter what, stay quit cause one thing is for sure...dip WILL NOT help your throat feel better! God bless you my brother. I quit with you today!!!!!
Just remember John, a sore throat doesn't feel nearly as badly as esophageal cancer, or a jaw removal, or having your tongue removed. I know it isn't easy, but the sore throat will go away without radiation, chemo, or surgery.

Keep it out of you lip today, and keep the focus forward, you've got this today.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline howgoodgodis

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 04:07:00 AM »
Feels like I've been raped in the throat. Another day free. I wouldn't hope this on my worst enemy. Stay quit guys.

Hey buddy, I'm on day 27 now and my throat feels the same way. Becoming a little less at times but it still bothers me. I lay it at the foot of the cross and carry on. I trust that it will get better. No matter what, stay quit cause one thing is for sure...dip WILL NOT help your throat feel better! God bless you my brother. I quit with you today!!!!!

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 01:31:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: veezer
If it helps any, I have had tingling in my tongue since week 2 and I am at day 54 now. Went to the dentist and she said what everyone else on here had told me. You have been fucking up your mouth for 25 years with that crap and now that it isnt there, things are changing and healing. I am now finally getting better day by day and the symptoms are slowly fading. So, I am sure your's will too. It will just take some time for your body to get used to not having backer juice slathered all over it and for it to heal and be normal again.
Word. Things will get back to normal with time. Best thing you can do is keep making that daily promise and do whatever it takes to stay clean today.
What is normal? 38 years later I couldn't tell you, but 227 day's of freedom is frigging awesome!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
Quote from: veezer
If it helps any, I have had tingling in my tongue since week 2 and I am at day 54 now. Went to the dentist and she said what everyone else on here had told me. You have been fucking up your mouth for 25 years with that crap and now that it isnt there, things are changing and healing. I am now finally getting better day by day and the symptoms are slowly fading. So, I am sure your's will too. It will just take some time for your body to get used to not having backer juice slathered all over it and for it to heal and be normal again.
Word. Things will get back to normal with time. Best thing you can do is keep making that daily promise and do whatever it takes to stay clean today.

Offline veezer

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
John you got this. By getting all checked out now, it's a scary visit at first to the doc  dentist, but you'll be able to go on knowing you'll never have to worry again. If the anxiety gets really bad modern meds are wonderful  your doc will be able to give you something.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
Couldn't have said it better W2W. But one correction. Rather than the camcorder I just had to swallow a bunch if white liquid. End result was he same. Nothing wrong but anxiety. From yes, like steak, beating the crap out of this addiction.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: worktowin
23 days clean. This sore throat has yet to go away. Not sure what to do. Any of you quiters have one for this long. It's driving me crazy
It will go away. Do 50 push-ups then another 50. Then 50 more. Drink 64 oz of water then run 2 miles. Repeat the whole cycle 3 times. Take a shower and collapse in bed.

The goal is to divert your attention. What you are experiencing is completely normal. 2 of my best friends from this site, Mike from AB and Steakbomb experienced the same thing. Like you, they both got to prove their incredible deeprhroating skillz by taking a camcorder deep deep deep. (Ok that wasn't very nice, but it was such an obvious shot that I had to take it.). Seriously, both of them experienced the anxiety and intense certainty that something was wrong. And something was - both of them were experiencing serious anxiety as the result of beating an addiction into the ground.

You can do this, and you are. Exercise like a madman - work to exhaustion and it will be easier. Proud to quit with you today.
Listen to this man^^^^ he is exactly right! Anxiety is bad in your quit! Another way for nic to work on you mentally! You got this! Quit on!
Gonna take a little more than 23 days to get yourself rid of some of these things you have done to yourself over the years with tobacco. I had pains and twitches for months after I quit, but now I can tell you I don't have them anymore. Everything you are experiencing will go away eventually. If something doesn't go away see a doctor to get it checked out and then it still will probably be nothing. Quit on!!!! Be strong!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
23 days clean. This sore throat has yet to go away. Not sure what to do. Any of you quiters have one for this long. It's driving me crazy
It will go away. Do 50 push-ups then another 50. Then 50 more. Drink 64 oz of water then run 2 miles. Repeat the whole cycle 3 times. Take a shower and collapse in bed.

The goal is to divert your attention. What you are experiencing is completely normal. 2 of my best friends from this site, Mike from AB and Steakbomb experienced the same thing. Like you, they both got to prove their incredible deeprhroating skillz by taking a camcorder deep deep deep. (Ok that wasn't very nice, but it was such an obvious shot that I had to take it.). Seriously, both of them experienced the anxiety and intense certainty that something was wrong. And something was - both of them were experiencing serious anxiety as the result of beating an addiction into the ground.

You can do this, and you are. Exercise like a madman - work to exhaustion and it will be easier. Proud to quit with you today.
Listen to this man^^^^ he is exactly right! Anxiety is bad in your quit! Another way for nic to work on you mentally! You got this! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:00 AM »

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »

Offline john89

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
I'm in emmmmm boys. 3 weeks down and still got the rage going against the poison can. Feeling a lot better throat is still on the mend and so is the mouth but my mind is getting clearer. Anxiety feelings still creep up but man I still feel awesome.