Author Topic: Hello KTC Community  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello KTC Community
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Shark
Been through 2 cans of Smokey Mountain already this morning.
Post roll

Offline Shark

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Been through 2 cans of Smokey Mountain already this morning.
Quit Date: 8/3/13
Quit Group : Nov, 13 (11)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
Shark, or whatever your name is.

Post roll or leave.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: redyota
It's Friday. Is that out now?
:o

Another shoulda woulda coulda.

Blah Blah Blah.......
Well, what's it going to be shark boy. You got to take your life back. The poisons not going to just give it back.

Post up and be a real shark. Stop being a nurse shark.

I originally quit on a Friday. Friday is a great day. Not because its Friday, but because its today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
:o

Another shoulda woulda coulda.

Blah Blah Blah.......
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Zam
Shark,  as redyota said, you've been getting support.  You've been getting a lot of support.   It's not the support you you expected, though.  It doesn't fit what you "expected" quitting to be like.  This is not how you imagined it.  Ironically, you still cling to your version of what "quitting" should be like and what "support" should be.   You have no real reason to stick to your ideas though, because the way you have been imagining "quitting" has not worked.  Ever.  Nor will it.  The reason that these guys are "on your ass about this" (being honest) is because they see that you don't get it.  They see that without some intervention, you will not "get it" this weekend, just because time passed.  You will have to learn something between now and then.  My two cents on the subject:  the only, ONLY, reason people quit "tomorrow" is because "tomorrow" means more dip today.   So...you are telling us that you don't have the discipline today to quit.  But you will have the discipline this weekend?  So what's gonna happen in you life between now and Saturday that will give you this discipline?  What precisely?   The backbone fairy?  Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that the fact that you can dip today is not a major part of why your "plan" to quit Saturday is so attractive.
BTW, shark, I'm not busting your ass just to be hard on you.  I'm busting your ass because I was you. 
When you've had enough with nicotine, you will step up and quit.  We will be there to help.  If Saturday is that day, great.  That would be an awesome coincidence.  When that day comes, look me up.
Bravo. Excellent post.

These people know addict BS when they see it shark. It just sucks having it shown to you, with your own words.
Backbone fairy.....I like it.
The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine. She has NO choices available. Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win? How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it?
1. The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY. TODAY is all that matters to her. REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory.
How do you counter? You must focus only on TODAY. Not next weekÂ’s test or tax season or whatever. Today.

2. The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today.
How do you counter? The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind. Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise. “I will not use nicotine Today”.

3. The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes. She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today. She is firm in her negotiations. “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan. Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”.
How do you counter? Know that she is deceitful. Know that she whispers. Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY. Period. Her Win-Win schemes are false promises.

4. She seeks to further understand you. She seeks to maintain a relationship. She knows your weaknesses. She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work. She will sit on the couch and whisper in your ear while you are home alone. She will ride shotgun on the way to work. She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter? Read, Read and Read this site. Many have kicked her ass daily. Learn from them. Know your weaknesses. Anticipate. Any by all means, hate her with vengeance. She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason. She is evil.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Shark,  as redyota said, you've been getting support.  You've been getting a lot of support.  It's not the support you you expected, though.  It doesn't fit what you "expected" quitting to be like.  This is not how you imagined it.  Ironically, you still cling to your version of what "quitting" should be like and what "support" should be.  You have no real reason to stick to your ideas though, because the way you have been imagining "quitting" has not worked.  Ever.  Nor will it.  The reason that these guys are "on your ass about this" (being honest) is because they see that you don't get it.  They see that without some intervention, you will not "get it" this weekend, just because time passed.  You will have to learn something between now and then.  My two cents on the subject:  the only, ONLY, reason people quit "tomorrow" is because "tomorrow" means more dip today.  So...you are telling us that you don't have the discipline today to quit.  But you will have the discipline this weekend?  So what's gonna happen in you life between now and Saturday that will give you this discipline?  What precisely?  The backbone fairy?  Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that the fact that you can dip today is not a major part of why your "plan" to quit Saturday is so attractive.
BTW, shark, I'm not busting your ass just to be hard on you.  I'm busting your ass because I was you. 
When you've had enough with nicotine, you will step up and quit.  We will be there to help.  If Saturday is that day, great.  That would be an awesome coincidence.  When that day comes, look me up.
Bravo. Excellent post.

These people know addict BS when they see it shark. It just sucks having it shown to you, with your own words.
Backbone fairy.....I like it.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
Jeez. Didn't think it'd be so harsh here.

The only reason I mentioned Friday (maybe) Saturday, is because I wasn't sure when she was leaving. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with anyone her, or anyone else, calling me and asking me about it. I'd rather just do it on my own. I'm not in any way hesitating about this, I just want to be prepared and have a good environment to quit in.

I decided last Sunday I was going to do it this weekend. I didn't decide I was going to think about quitting, or even try to quit. I decided I was quitting. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any advice in how to prepare for quitting. To be honest I don't even want to have to take a trip to the store and even see a tobacco section. I'm flushing whatever is left and locking myself in my house.

To those that have been supportive, thanks. I'll be definitely checking back this weekend.
If you want to save your life, then quit today.
If you want to keep dipping and harming your body and probably end up losing your jaw and tongue, your choice.
The choice is yours.
We make the choice every a.m. to quit, by posting roll and giving our word we will not put the poison in our mouth Today.
We do this ODAAT, One Day at a Time.
YOU can Too,,,,but you have to want it and choose it....mommy or daddy can't help you with this. so and so not being around isn't gonna help you with this.
You gotta do this for YOU and for noone else.
It is really sad to see young people who have not will power or balls.
What are ya gonna do?
You won't find more powerful and solid support anywhere, anytime, than here at KTC.
Your choice.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
But we're too mean guys...he needs some ball coddling...maybe a little tickle?
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
Shark, as redyota said, you've been getting support. You've been getting a lot of support. It's not the support you you expected, though. It doesn't fit what you "expected" quitting to be like. This is not how you imagined it. Ironically, you still cling to your version of what "quitting" should be like and what "support" should be. You have no real reason to stick to your ideas though, because the way you have been imagining "quitting" has not worked. Ever. Nor will it. The reason that these guys are "on your ass about this" (being honest) is because they see that you don't get it. They see that without some intervention, you will not "get it" this weekend, just because time passed. You will have to learn something between now and then. My two cents on the subject: the only, ONLY, reason people quit "tomorrow" is because "tomorrow" means more dip today. So...you are telling us that you don't have the discipline today to quit. But you will have the discipline this weekend? So what's gonna happen in you life between now and Saturday that will give you this discipline? What precisely? The backbone fairy? Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that the fact that you can dip today is not a major part of why your "plan" to quit Saturday is so attractive.
BTW, shark, I'm not busting your ass just to be hard on you. I'm busting your ass because I was you.
When you've had enough with nicotine, you will step up and quit. We will be there to help. If Saturday is that day, great. That would be an awesome coincidence. When that day comes, look me up.
Bravo. Excellent post.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Shark, as redyota said, you've been getting support. You've been getting a lot of support. It's not the support you you expected, though. It doesn't fit what you "expected" quitting to be like. This is not how you imagined it. Ironically, you still cling to your version of what "quitting" should be like and what "support" should be. You have no real reason to stick to your ideas though, because the way you have been imagining "quitting" has not worked. Ever. Nor will it. The reason that these guys are "on your ass about this" (being honest) is because they see that you don't get it. They see that without some intervention, you will not "get it" this weekend, just because time passed. You will have to learn something between now and then. My two cents on the subject: the only, ONLY, reason people quit "tomorrow" is because "tomorrow" means more dip today. So...you are telling us that you don't have the discipline today to quit. But you will have the discipline this weekend? So what's gonna happen in you life between now and Saturday that will give you this discipline? What precisely? The backbone fairy? Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that the fact that you can dip today is not a major part of why your "plan" to quit Saturday is so attractive.
BTW, shark, I'm not busting your ass just to be hard on you. I'm busting your ass because I was you.
When you've had enough with nicotine, you will step up and quit. We will be there to help. If Saturday is that day, great. That would be an awesome coincidence. When that day comes, look me up.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Personally, I don't want to have to deal with anyone her, or anyone else, calling me and asking me about it. I'd rather just do it on my own.
How has that worked for ya in the past?
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
man you can reed bout how i feel bout tomorow in my sig line down there.
I'll be definitely checking back this weekend.
now if by 'checkin back' you mean postin up roll then good on you.
if by 'checkin back' you mean postin some thing here like you wood the face book well then its best you dont. cuz i hate the face book posters all most as much as i hate tomorow. and the twiterers.

now strap on a pare and be a man. flush your stash and post roll. or dont. and may be you can make my tomorow posts a fame in my sig line.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Jeez. Didn't think it'd be so harsh here.

The only reason I mentioned Friday (maybe) Saturday, is because I wasn't sure when she was leaving. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with anyone her, or anyone else, calling me and asking me about it. I'd rather just do it on my own. I'm not in any way hesitating about this, I just want to be prepared and have a good environment to quit in.

I decided last Sunday I was going to do it this weekend. I didn't decide I was going to think about quitting, or even try to quit. I decided I was quitting. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any advice in how to prepare for quitting. To be honest I don't even want to have to take a trip to the store and even see a tobacco section. I'm flushing whatever is left and locking myself in my house.

To those that have been supportive, thanks. I'll be definitely checking back this weekend.
In chat you said, "Friday is the day. That's my plan. I'm sticking to it". Now it Saturday, or Sunday, or "this weekend". You said you were going to prove me/us wrong, but in all honesty I'm believing you less and less.

So, here's to proving me wrong on Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday, or next week, or the next time the ol' lady goes out of town, or the next whatever.

'Cheers'
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."