Author Topic: Hello KTC Community  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello KTC Community
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: srans
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: redyota
Quote from: Shark
Jeez. Didn't think it'd be so harsh here.

The only reason I mentioned Friday (maybe) Saturday, is because I wasn't sure when she was leaving. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with anyone her, or anyone else, calling me and asking me about it. I'd rather just do it on my own. I'm not in any way hesitating about this, I just want to be prepared and have a good environment to quit in.

I decided last Sunday I was going to do it this weekend. I didn't decide I was going to think about quitting, or even try to quit. I decided I was quitting. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any advice in how to prepare for quitting. To be honest I don't even want to have to take a trip to the store and even see a tobacco section. I'm flushing whatever is left and locking myself in my house.

To those that have been supportive, thanks. I'll be definitely checking back this weekend.
You're getting more support than you realize. More than 90% of our "I'm quitting in the future" guys never show. And yes, we say that to all of them, and yes, they all post a response pretty much just like you did.

Because what we say is true. On Friday you'll still have half a can, and say "well I may as finish this, quitting can wait till Saturday. What's one more day?"

On Saturday, you'll have a drink or two, and buddy will stop by, and you'll say "damn, girlfriend is gone, drinking with guys. What's one more day?"

Then it "who quits starts something new on Sunday"

Then "Mondays are stressful"

Then "my girlfriend will be out of town in two weeks. That's a great time"

Sound familiar. It does to ALL of us. We've all done it a million times. We all convinced ourselves that this time was different. But it wasn't, not until we manned up, tossed the can, and promised ourselves and each other that we are quit today.

If history proves correct, I'm wasting ten minutes typing these words. I hope not, I hope they can convince you to stop enslaving yourself. Freedom is great.
damn redyota...i think we pretty much typed the same damn post at the same damn time...i think he's too big of a puss to do it anyhow...probably wasting our time
Hey, shark,,, If you don't mind I would like to talk to your master. If you do mind oh well, you're not in control of crap!

Hey poison, I hope this shark dude sees you for what you are before it's to late. I hope he sees one day that you have taken his freedom, stripped him of dignity and integrity. I hope he see that one day you could possibly take his jaw, tongue, throat and even life. I hope that he sees that you only care about today. You know if you keep him in bondage for today that's all that matters. I'm glad I took my life back, it's so much better without you in it.

That's all shark. You can go back to suckling with the poison.

I'm going to continue in my new life of freedom. Later!
Don't just dip your toe in Shark, jump in the f**king pool man! The water is fine, and we are right to offer you support like you have never seen. First step is a scary one, I know I did it 155 days ago.
Don't automatically expect people here to "call and ask about it" unless you prompt that kind of relationship up front. Some will, but probably not without some prior history.

To me, having contacts was a tool I could use when I needed to. When I'd have a crave, or some idle moment that the withdrawals were getting the better of me, I'd send a random text to several quitters. No need for anything mushy or dramatic. Just a quick message would usually summon immediate replies, which would turn into a sizeable distraction. Problem solved.

Distractions are what addicts need to get through the rough spots. KTC offers plenty of those. Reading the HOF speeches, intros, boards, chat, information, etc. works fine. Personal ineteraction is just another weapon in the arsenal. I won't lie, I thought it was odd at first, but I've made some good friends here. They have saved my life.

Use what you need. Leave the rest.

EDIT: Except posting roll. That is required.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: srans

The only reason I mentioned Friday (maybe) Saturday, is because I wasn't sure when she was leaving. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with anyone her, or anyone else, calling me and asking me about it. I'd rather just do it on my own. I'm not in any way hesitating about this, I just want to be prepared and have a good environment to quit in.

I decided last Sunday I was going to do it this weekend. I didn't decide I was going to think about quitting, or even try to quit. I decided I was quitting. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any advice in how to prepare for quitting. To be honest I don't even want to have to take a trip to the store and even see a tobacco section. I'm flushing whatever is left and locking myself in my house.

To those that have been supportive, thanks. I'll be definitely checking back this weekend.
You're getting more support than you realize. More than 90% of our "I'm quitting in the future" guys never show. And yes, we say that to all of them, and yes, they all post a response pretty much just like you did.

Because what we say is true. On Friday you'll still have half a can, and say "well I may as finish this, quitting can wait till Saturday. What's one more day?"

On Saturday, you'll have a drink or two, and buddy will stop by, and you'll say "damn, girlfriend is gone, drinking with guys. What's one more day?"

Sound familiar. It does to ALL of us. We've all done it a million times. We all convinced ourselves that this time was different. But it wasn't, not until we manned up, tossed the can, and promised ourselves and each other that we are quit today.

If history proves correct, I'm wasting ten minutes typing these words. I hope not, I hope they can convince you to stop enslaving yourself. Freedom is great.
damn redyota...i think we pretty much typed the same damn post at the same damn time...i think he's too big of a puss to do it anyhow...probably wasting our time
Hey, shark,,, If you don't mind I would like to talk to your master. If you do mind oh well, you're not in control of crap!

Hey poison, I hope this shark dude sees you for what you are before it's to late. I hope he sees one day that you have taken his freedom, stripped him of dignity and integrity. I hope he see that one day you could possibly take his jaw, tongue, throat and even life. I hope that he sees that you only care about today. You know if you keep him in bondage for today that's all that matters. I'm glad I took my life back, it's so much better without you in it.

Don't just dip your toe in Shark, jump in the f**king pool man! The water is fine, and we are right to offer you support like you have never seen. First step is a scary one, I know I did it 155 days ago.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
I will echo what others have already said...there will be an excuse on friday...and here it is...lady is gone, why not have just one more? Then you'll have almost a full can and the excuse will be 'man i can't waste a whole can'...the can will last you through the weekend and then monday will start and the lady will be back. Do you really think the crabbiness will go away over the weekend? Dude if you're a dick you'll take it out on the lady, but if you can understand that it's your own damn fault that you are going through all the withdrawals and NOT her's then you should be fine.

But i'll tell you, you sound like too big of a puss to do this...i thought CMVsteved was a big puss too, but he proved me wrong...will you? And if you can't dump the shit today, don't bother coming back here.

There are over 15,000 people that have used this site, and everyone of us said at one point or another "i'll quit this weekend". Not until we came here did our balls drop (sorry for the ladies on here).
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Shark

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »

Quit Date: 8/3/13
Quit Group : Nov, 13 (11)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Are you the guy (hockey8895) that came into chat last night with a plan to quit on Friday? If so use the same name here and in chat (I suggest this one). See you "tomorrow" on roll, maybe???
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: CMVSteved
Hi all,

I came across this site a few years ago and didn't think anything of it. I am currently still using but I have been planning to quit for a while. I plan on quitting this Friday (or Saturday.) I have chosen these days because my fiance will be out of town and I want to spare her from acting like a crabby a-hole while I'm trying to quit. I started dipping when I was just a pup, around 12 or so. I'm 25 now, and thinking about not only my health, but the countless trips I've taken to the store and insane amount of money I've spent over the years on this habit, I decided it's time. Though I haven't quit yet, I am looking forward to freedom from this bad habit. I've been stocking up on hard candy, beef jerky, seeds, and I plan on buying a log of Smokey Mountain tonight. I'm determined to have a successful quit and I'm open to any tips. Thanks for hearing me ramble. I look forward to becoming an active member of the community and being tobacco free.
I got on here 3 days ago talking about how I planned to quit, in all honesty man don't plan just do it. I was lying to myself, if I had waited I would have found reason after reason not to quit. I'm day 3 of my quit, quit with me man.
How long have you been planning :rolleyes: . You can plan till hell freezes over.

The only thing that gets you quit is taking action.

'impatient'
Thats right! SO QUIT NOW!
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
I SMELL BUUULLLLLLLSSSSSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTTTT! 'B.S.'
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline Jpete328

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-09-24
  • Interests: My two lovely children! Sports hunting commercial and industrial HVAC!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
So you need to just quit already. We are not here to help you plan your quit or with steps to get to the quitting point. If you want to quit just quit be done with it. We can help you get through the fog and the mess of the first few days. We are not here though to convince you to quit it won't work for you. You have to quit for you. I stand here ready to offer any support I can when you quit and post roll. That's what we do here post roll and this site opens its arms for you. I quit with all the guys below this post today and will again tomorrow.
"Your not here to survive this! You're here to take charge of it!"

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
Quote from: CMVSteved
Hi all,

I came across this site a few years ago and didn't think anything of it. I am currently still using but I have been planning to quit for a while. I plan on quitting this Friday (or Saturday.) I have chosen these days because my fiance will be out of town and I want to spare her from acting like a crabby a-hole while I'm trying to quit. I started dipping when I was just a pup, around 12 or so. I'm 25 now, and thinking about not only my health, but the countless trips I've taken to the store and insane amount of money I've spent over the years on this habit, I decided it's time. Though I haven't quit yet, I am looking forward to freedom from this bad habit. I've been stocking up on hard candy, beef jerky, seeds, and I plan on buying a log of Smokey Mountain tonight. I'm determined to have a successful quit and I'm open to any tips. Thanks for hearing me ramble. I look forward to becoming an active member of the community and being tobacco free.
I got on here 3 days ago talking about how I planned to quit, in all honesty man don't plan just do it. I was lying to myself, if I had waited I would have found reason after reason not to quit. I'm day 3 of my quit, quit with me man.
How long have you been planning :rolleyes: . You can plan till hell freezes over.

The only thing that gets you quit is taking action.

'impatient'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline CMVSteved

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Hi all,

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
The only tip anyone on this site will give you is to quit now. Friday won't be any more convenient than right this minute.

I can see you now: you are suckling your dip with a hazy smile, remembering the good old days, romanticizing the hell out of each chew before you have to quit. In actuality, you have shoved a wad of poison (yes ACTUAL poison, look up the ingredients) into your lip, and you are messily drooling your spit into a cup or bottle. It's not romantic. Don't fool yourself.

If you want to spare your fiance, spare her from a goodbye kiss that smells/tastes like ass.

Quit now. Don't mess around any more. Come back when you're all in.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
Dude...Friday, or maybe Saturday? Are you kidding me?!!! This site is about quitting. You haven't read shit, have you? We aren't "about to do" something great...we're not "trying to" to save our lives...or "thinking about" something heroic like that. We're doing it...one day at a time. Click on the Welcome Center link and start reading.

We're pumped you found us...don't get me wrong. But we'd be even more pumped if you JOINED us. That's the key, right? And not when its convenient for you, not when your shorts aren't in a knot, not the day after nevercame...but RIGHT FUCKING NOW. It won't suck any less if you wait two more days, two more weeks, two more months. It is gonna suck whenever you pull the pin. But EMBRACE IT!!! You will GET to feel shitty because you MADE a great choice. (And, it will suck alot less if you intro doesn't start with the milk-toast, toe in the water, bullshit like what you just posted!!! HAHA)

We're bad-ass quitters. Plain and simple. And we CAN'T WAIT for you to join us. We're white-knuckle, no sleep, constipated, can't think, crawling the walls, sheets too tight, sweaty quitters. And there are a shit-ton of us just like you. We've been right where you are. We've been where you have been. We are addicts and we are fluent in the bullshit language you speak. In other words, we're right where you're headed...depending on your choice.

There are no short-cuts, there is no "right time," and nobody gets out for the asking. YOU have to earn your freedom...one day at a time.

So, PULL the PIN!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Flush your shit, grow a pair, post roll and join us now. Embrace the suck. Embrace freedom. Post roll. YOU CAN DO IT. YOU CAN BE OUR BROTHER!!!

When you make the first move, we've got your back. Tell your hot-ass finance (fiancee) what you just decided after reading this. And JOIN US!!!