Author Topic: Quitting after the 24th  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-17
  • Interests: Video games........Guns............Breasts............
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting after the 24th
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Thomas79
I am about to try and post my second roll..............correctly hahaha
well, you didn't. try again quoting Thursday's roll since the board was"flipped".
Ok, I think I got it right this time. Thanks for your help.
Nicotine............go F*** yourself!

Offline I have the decision

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
Hi. My names Aaron. I plan on quiting after this can of griz green long cut.
I am not very strong mentally, unfortunately. I'm not sure how forums work neither. I just want to get some support from people who have gone through it. I have tried to quit once but it didn't last but 2 days... The fact that someone I don't even know remotely would help me get through this is absolutely outstanding. But I thank all of you.

Aaron.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2014, 01:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Thomas79
well, you didn't. try again quoting Thursday's roll since the board was"flipped".
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »

Offline conbud

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-11
  • Interests: Tool, playing bass, XBOX, anything that goes boom, IT stuff (making the web work), my dogs
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: conbud
Why are you guys feeding this troll? He's been in chat trolling. Don't feed the troll and they won't come back for more.
I can appreciate advice from a serious quitter any day mr.conbud, but i will determine where and when i put a post. Thank you anyways!
By all means good sir... For we live and learn from our experiences. Or, if you're so inclined, we live by faith not by sight.
Proud quitter of the August 2014 Spitter Quitters!
Quit on May 11, 2014

"LOOT didn't forget Day 1....and never will. The day you forget Day 1...you lose." - LOOT

"Caving is NOT an option! Do something else."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: J2thaZ
Quote from: Chargers
I'm glad you stuck around and posted today. Keep it up.
Make it count now, Thomas. Read, read, and read some more. The truth you seek is here my friend, but you have to be willing to listen. Looking forward to you posting roll (correctly) tomorrow. Your quit, own it.
I'm with J2thaZ, brother. Read, learn, be rational not emotional. The nicotine demons will try everything they can to make you cave. Just remember nic withdrawals have never killed anyone, even if it feels like it sometimes.

Post roll early, EDD
Honor your post
Repeat

(thanks NOLAQ!)
Let's see if i should have wagered more than a nickel. I would love to eat those words. Welcome!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: J2thaZ
Make it count now, Thomas. Read, read, and read some more. The truth you seek is here my friend, but you have to be willing to listen. Looking forward to you posting roll (correctly) tomorrow. Your quit, own it.
I'm with J2thaZ, brother. Read, learn, be rational not emotional. The nicotine demons will try everything they can to make you cave. Just remember nic withdrawals have never killed anyone, even if it feels like it sometimes.

Post roll early, EDD
Honor your post
Repeat

(thanks NOLAQ!)

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline Chargers

• Quitter
  • Interests: Badass Quitting!!!
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Thomas didn't say his doctor recommended weaning, rather that he needed to reduce a dose of one of his psych meds. As one of the resident pharmacist's on this site, I can vouch for Thomas' story, that nicotine (actually a byproduct of it) is a rapid inducer of CYP450 enzymes. These enzymes speed up metabolism, so when you quit (or stop) nicotine, you lower this enzyme and drugs aren't metabolized as fast...they metabolize slower, and then when you keep taking certain drugs, they can build up in the system and become toxic. Also, with most psych meds you need to wean them to lower doses rather than lower or stop them abruptly.

So, Thomas. You've defended yourself vehemently in light of many of us hammering you with one of our creeds to quit nicotine cold turkey. You've also responded to each person, and despite our aggression, have owned up to the addict in you. I can appreciate that. I think you appreciate what our point of view is as well. Now that you've put all of this effort in lining up your ducks, when you come back here, you better be ready to quit. No F'in around. NO nicotine at all, and you better be a 100% roll poster in your quit group.
I appreciate you stepping forward and articulating in a knowledgeable manner-thank you. Yes, I completely appreciate this group's viewpoint too. Talk to you soon.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: conbud
Why are you guys feeding this troll? He's been in chat trolling. Don't feed the troll and they won't come back for more.
I can appreciate advice from a serious quitter any day mr.conbud, but i will determine where and when i put a post. Thank you anyways!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline conbud

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-11
  • Interests: Tool, playing bass, XBOX, anything that goes boom, IT stuff (making the web work), my dogs
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Proud quitter of the August 2014 Spitter Quitters!
Quit on May 11, 2014

"LOOT didn't forget Day 1....and never will. The day you forget Day 1...you lose." - LOOT

"Caving is NOT an option! Do something else."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Jeez Laweez. Now you have some magical medical protocol. Now Wednesday is the day. When is Wednesday anyways? I only know when today is.

I agree with the fine quitters above. Go away and come back when your ready to quit TODAY, and even then I wouldn't bet a nickle on your quit!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Thomas didn't say his doctor recommended weaning, rather that he needed to reduce a dose of one of his psych meds. As one of the resident pharmacist's on this site, I can vouch for Thomas' story, that nicotine (actually a byproduct of it) is a rapid inducer of CYP450 enzymes. These enzymes speed up metabolism, so when you quit (or stop) nicotine, you lower this enzyme and drugs aren't metabolized as fast...they metabolize slower, and then when you keep taking certain drugs, they can build up in the system and become toxic. Also, with most psych meds you need to wean them to lower doses rather than lower or stop them abruptly.

So, Thomas. You've defended yourself vehemently in light of many of us hammering you with one of our creeds to quit nicotine cold turkey. You've also responded to each person, and despite our aggression, have owned up to the addict in you. I can appreciate that. I think you appreciate what our point of view is as well. Now that you've put all of this effort in lining up your ducks, when you come back here, you better be ready to quit. No F'in around. NO nicotine at all, and you better be a 100% roll poster in your quit group.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2014, 01:09:00 AM »
The fact that your quack doc would recommend weaning, and that you have proven to be simple minded, means if I see your name on roll you are lying. Go elsewhere. Now.

Quit smokeless.org
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."