Author Topic: Accountability 201  (Read 13303 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Accountability 201
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2019, 02:07:43 PM »
I put this out in general discussion but I don't see why it can't go here too.

I noticed Jake's chew has a new pouch out "infused" with CBD oil.  Anyone had any experience with it for addiction?

Haven't used the infused pouches, but have used CBD. It works great to relieve anxiety and does help cut down craves IMO.
CBD can have good results.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2019, 01:16:21 PM »

I noticed Jake's chew has a new pouch out "infused" with CBD oil.  Anyone had any experience with it for addiction?

Haven't used the infused pouches, but have used CBD. It works great to relieve anxiety and does help cut down craves IMO.
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »

Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2019, 12:17:14 PM »
Its funny to me u guys cant keep my name off your lips. U lookin for a new boyfriend? "It is an unfortunately a fact of life that our female quitters are more at risk for harassment." Trust in sharing #7.
Horseshit you fuckin ding dong.

No one here is different than the other; Male, female, green, blue, purple people eater.

All get treated the same and none are equal in nothing but quit.

Just shows how ignorant you really are.

If you want to discuss this further we will move it to your intro as to not hijack cowgirls.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:26:40 PM by RAZD611 »

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline Sexmachine

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • I love you too much
  • Quit Date: 1/27/19
  • Interests: Bulldogs and huckleberry moonshine
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2019, 11:02:38 AM »
Its funny to me u guys cant keep my name off your lips. U lookin for a new boyfriend? "It is an unfortunately a fact of life that our female quitters are more at risk for harassment." Trust in sharing #7.
To crush your enemy, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.     Conan the Barbarian

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
Goodmorning Cowgirl, and WELCOME back. No matter how many times u fail and come back, u are always welcome to me, as long as u r nic free. Im sure u get a lot of attention just because u are female. There is alot of rage on this site and lost souls striking out with desperate cries for help. U wanna talk? No judgement, no explanations needed. For me its enough u r here now. U dont haveto like everyone herein, just respect the quit. Pm me for my number if you want. Welcome back and stay strong. This quit is yours sis. U can do it.

Any and all numbers are a necessity.  Thanks for you support!  I need all the help I can get.

So despite SM's nice welcome back, you know the drill, and you need to accept the fact that failure is really not an option here. And despite SM's idea that we treat women differently here, we do not. You are an addict, just like my wife, who is also a member of this site and has been Quit for 7+ years. I see you taking heat in August 2019. Did you expect anything else?

Own your failures and learn from them. But don't expect that anyone is going to have a lot of trust in you right off the bat. You broke your word and left your brothers and sisters behind. That's not how this works. So if this is really just another "attempt" or you are "trying harder" this time, forget it and go somewhere else. Do or do not. There is no try.
^^^This^^^

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »
Goodmorning Cowgirl, and WELCOME back. No matter how many times u fail and come back, u are always welcome to me, as long as u r nic free. Im sure u get a lot of attention just because u are female. There is alot of rage on this site and lost souls striking out with desperate cries for help. U wanna talk? No judgement, no explanations needed. For me its enough u r here now. U dont haveto like everyone herein, just respect the quit. Pm me for my number if you want. Welcome back and stay strong. This quit is yours sis. U can do it.

Any and all numbers are a necessity.  Thanks for you support!  I need all the help I can get.

So despite SM's nice welcome back, you know the drill, and you need to accept the fact that failure is really not an option here. And despite SM's idea that we treat women differently here, we do not. You are an addict, just like my wife, who is also a member of this site and has been Quit for 7+ years. I see you taking heat in August 2019. Did you expect anything else?

Own your failures and learn from them. But don't expect that anyone is going to have a lot of trust in you right off the bat. You broke your word and left your brothers and sisters behind. That's not how this works. So if this is really just another "attempt" or you are "trying harder" this time, forget it and go somewhere else. Do or do not. There is no try.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2019, 01:45:47 PM »

Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline Sexmachine

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • I love you too much
  • Quit Date: 1/27/19
  • Interests: Bulldogs and huckleberry moonshine
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2019, 01:44:08 PM »
To crush your enemy, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.     Conan the Barbarian

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2019, 12:10:02 PM »
Accountability 201. What a crock of shit name for your introduction when your don't even have enough Integrity to explain yourself to your "NEW" group more less your old one.

You are ducking any kind of accountability. I am wondering if you really know what it means.

I would call you a little pink panty wearing bitch like the rest of the weak ass cavers around here but you prolly wear boxers...…

Show some damn Character and Integrity fer fuk sake.

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
Mindset 101
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2019, 07:31:29 PM »
My mindset was I just didn't have one. All I cared about was that dip.

I can't read minds, so I won't even try.  Let me suggest that you adopt a mindset of freedom.

Freedom from nicotine.
Freedom from abuse.
Freedom from ridicule.
Freedom from the past.

You are not quitting nicotine.  You are fighting for your freedom from the grasp with which nicotine holds you.

Let go of the past.  It doesn't exist.  It's only in your memory.  Don't let it bind you.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »
BTW, looking for brothers and sisters to get numbers from and to support me in my roll call.  Accountability can go both ways too!
Soooo...

Round 3 at this point.Gonna give it another try? Hoping it sticks this time?

You’ll pardon my lack of faith in you or enthusiasm at your return... again.

This will sound mean but I don’t really care.

You NEED to get your shit together.

You’re on day 2 today... I hit day 2,226 today. You SHOULD be ahead of me but life has derailed you... twice... since we started together back in April 2013.

What’s different now?

Life probably has more ups and downs in store for you... you’ll be tempted to cave AGAIN.

What’s different now?

I'm just sick and tired.  I'm back mentally where I started my first time around.  I'm ready to put it down.  I want my health over my addiction.  When I was at this point my first time, I held steady thru the best and the worst while I worked the program.  It wasn't until I drifted and went solo that I lost my resolve.

I want his more now than ever before especially since I know it can be done.

I'm really curious to know how it felt when you decided to start feeding your addiction again.  Did you think of your brothers and sisters here at all, or was it all a selfish only move on your part?  Did you completely forget about Shane, about Todd (rest in peace bro) who managed to stay nicotine free all the way to his last breath?  It would really be great to understand the mindset of a caver, both to help me, but mostly to help you.  Cause right now, like Shane, I'm not feeling it.
“I’m back mentally where I started my first time around”

I hope that’s not your benchmark because, in case it’s escaped you, that obviously wasn’t a successful mindset the first time you tried.

What’s. Different. Now?

It was all selfish. All of my addictions are. Had I thought of anyone else I wouldn't be here.  My mindset was I just didn't have one. All I cared about was that dip. I took the groups and my time out of the equation. I own that. There is no excuse and I deserve all the reservations from you and everyone else. I wouldn't believe someone else in my shoes. I believe I can but it's just for today. Tomorrow I'll do the same thing. I am scared. I am humiliated.  The long run seems so daunting and I'd be lying if I said all my enthusiasm is genuine.  All I can do is let yours and everyone else's judgement (justifiable) and help it push me to prove you wrong. I am here. I am ready to ask for help and I am now ready to face the criticism. It's not hate like I assumed last time but genuine care to push me.

This may not be the best way to put it out there but all I can say is please doubt me. That will make me work that much harder. I don't deserve to come jack to smiles and roses. I broke a very longstanding trust to those before and after me and I can only win that back one day at a time. All I ask is to help me do that.
^^^
That was a waaaaay better response. That was honest.
Yet this entire conversation is taking place outside the group it belongs in.

Why in your intro? Why not in your group? Why not in July '18? Why not in the group before that (I apologize for not knowing specifically which)?

I see you asking for help here, but not from your group. Maybe I need to get back into August and read a little more, but even with all my crap going on I've been trying to follow along in there.

Addiction is, by its very nature, a selfish act. Quitting is too though.
The intros used to be/still are a perfectly valid place for this conversation to happen.
Maybe, but she's ignoring at least two groups that are asking for answers - the one she's trying to join as well as the last one she left hanging.

Seems to me it's looking like one more group is going to get left behind and nothing has changed...

Remember the good old days when this site used to be about receiving and providing accountability? Things like "Brotherhood + Accountability = Success" actually had meaning...

Good times...
One of the great things about the intros is... they never go away.  This conversation is always going to be here, linked to this quitter, and in the event that this is the successful attempt at quitting (unlike the past ones) she can look back at this and see the progress, and the thought process, that went into her first days here.  If the prior entries in her threat were buried in a vortex in one of the new groups, this thought process would be lost.

Personally, I absolutely love the intros section and am glad to see people using them to hash this shit out.  I'm moving the needle more to the middle on this one, by the way... as the thought process documented is beginning to impress.  Lots more to do, but there is hope fo sho.

I guess it’s nice that she’s in here hashing shit out with her old group members from years ago... but what good is that doing August 2019?

Those newbies don’t know enough about the site to come into the intro section and see any of this.. they’re over there... in the August section. They need guidance. They need to see this stuff to know that nobody is invincible and they are only one stupid decision away from posting a day 1.

Maybe they’ll stumble upon it eventually though, hopefully...
Different strokes for different folks.

The main thing is that the conversation and thought process is happening, and quite frankly this thought process needs to happen with this quitter... so it is encouraging to see it happening somewhere.  She owes Shane and his group some answers, and that wouldn't have happened in August 2019. 

I commend her for having the fortitude to own up to it somewhere instead of hiding under a rock and ignoring the conversation, like is some common among returning cavers these days.  Hopefully the new quitters of August 2019 are stumbling to the intros once in a while, as if they are stuck in August 2019/GroupMe and not reading the posts on here frequently (and writing their own), they are missing a whole lot of KTC.  Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth.

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2019, 05:12:40 PM »
BTW, looking for brothers and sisters to get numbers from and to support me in my roll call.  Accountability can go both ways too!
Soooo...

You’re on day 2 today... I hit day 2,226 today. You SHOULD be ahead of me but life has derailed you... twice... since we started together back in April 2013.

What’s different now?

Life probably has more ups and downs in store for you... you’ll be tempted to cave AGAIN.

What’s different now?

I'm just sick and tired.  I'm back mentally where I started my first time around.  I'm ready to put it down.  I want my health over my addiction.  When I was at this point my first time, I held steady thru the best and the worst while I worked the program.  It wasn't until I drifted and went solo that I lost my resolve.

I'm really curious to know how it felt when you decided to start feeding your addiction again.  Did you think of your brothers and sisters here at all, or was it all a selfish only move on your part?  Did you completely forget about Shane, about Todd (rest in peace bro) who managed to stay nicotine free all the way to his last breath?  It would really be great to understand the mindset of a caver, both to help me, but mostly to help you.  Cause right now, like Shane, I'm not feeling it.

I hope that’s not your benchmark because, in case it’s escaped you, that obviously wasn’t a successful mindset the first time you tried.

What’s. Different. Now?

It was all selfish. All of my addictions are. Had I thought of anyone else I wouldn't be here.  My mindset was I just didn't have one. All I cared about was that dip. I took the groups and my time out of the equation. I own that. There is no excuse and I deserve all the reservations from you and everyone else. I wouldn't believe someone else in my shoes. I believe I can but it's just for today. Tomorrow I'll do the same thing. I am scared. I am humiliated.  The long run seems so daunting and I'd be lying if I said all my enthusiasm is genuine.  All I can do is let yours and everyone else's judgement (justifiable) and help it push me to prove you wrong. I am here. I am ready to ask for help and I am now ready to face the criticism. It's not hate like I assumed last time but genuine care to push me.

This may not be the best way to put it out there but all I can say is please doubt me. That will make me work that much harder. I don't deserve to come jack to smiles and roses. I broke a very longstanding trust to those before and after me and I can only win that back one day at a time. All I ask is to help me do that.
^^^

Why in your intro? Why not in your group? Why not in July '18? Why not in the group before that (I apologize for not knowing specifically which)?

I see you asking for help here, but not from your group. Maybe I need to get back into August and read a little more, but even with all my crap going on I've been trying to follow along in there.

The intros used to be/still are a perfectly valid place for this conversation to happen.
Maybe, but she's ignoring at least two groups that are asking for answers - the one she's trying to join as well as the last one she left hanging.

Seems to me it's looking like one more group is going to get left behind and nothing has changed...

Remember the good old days when this site used to be about receiving and providing accountability? Things like "Brotherhood + Accountability = Success" actually had meaning...

Good times...
One of the great things about the intros is... they never go away.  This conversation is always going to be here, linked to this quitter, and in the event that this is the successful attempt at quitting (unlike the past ones) she can look back at this and see the progress, and the thought process, that went into her first days here.  If the prior entries in her threat were buried in a vortex in one of the new groups, this thought process would be lost.

Personally, I absolutely love the intros section and am glad to see people using them to hash this shit out.  I'm moving the needle more to the middle on this one, by the way... as the thought process documented is beginning to impress.  Lots more to do, but there is hope fo sho.

I guess it’s nice that she’s in here hashing shit out with her old group members from years ago... but what good is that doing August 2019?

Those newbies don’t know enough about the site to come into the intro section and see any of this.. they’re over there... in the August section. They need guidance. They need to see this stuff to know that nobody is invincible and they are only one stupid decision away from posting a day 1.

Maybe they’ll stumble upon it eventually though, hopefully...

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2019, 04:54:54 PM »
Soooo...

What’s different now?

What’s different now?

What’s. Different. Now?

^^^

Good times...

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2019, 04:32:32 PM »
Soooo...

What’s different now?

What’s different now?

What’s. Different. Now?

^^^

Good times...
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...