Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 03:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: jlud007
Hello to my new KTC family.  I plan on becoming an active here as it appears that the site and it's camaraderie have given you all the strength to quit and keep quitting every day.  I do feel the loss and anxiety this morning of saying goodbye to my old pal the Kodiak bear but reading the information here I think that I have lost the "fear" that has quite often ended my quits before they even started.

I have been a heavy user since high school, started around 14 yrs old here and there and by 15-16 was using several cans of Kodiak a week.  I am now 37 and shocked by how quickly time seems to pass.  I truly believed then that dip was a phase of my youth.  That phase became a 1-1.5 can dependency.  I did "quit" for about a month once, I quote quit because I was using nicotine lozenges.  I was in a store one day after about 32-33 days dip free, but I guess because I had not broken the nicotine hold it was very easy to slip right back into my norm.

Well I hope this introduction post isn't too ranty or incoherent.  I just need to break myself of my self inflicted socially awkward comfort zone so that I can embrace some new friends here to help me on this journey.

Thank you for this website.
Ah yes. The kodiak bear. For 15 years I used to hump that fucking bear. Near the end I was going through 2 cans a day.

Fuck that asshole bear. I don't own a gun and ive never been to Alaska but if I ever end up there I will kill one of those mother fuckers. Gun or no gun. Ill rain blows upon his face and drop kick him in the Dick if he stands up.

He was never a friend of mine...or yours. He fucked with the wiring in your brain, emptied your pocketbook (shits expensive), made you dependent on him, eroded your gums, numbed your tongue, cut open your inner lip so it could it could get its posion in you as quickly as possible and oh yeah...he was trying to kill you. Literally.

Some friend.

I have a deep deep hatred for that asshole bear. He fucked my shit UP. Not only when I was using but when I quit. Fucking asshole still messed with me. God Damn I hate that bear.

My advice, besides post roll, get numbers, read, stay active, etc...is to learn to hate that bear.

Wont be easy at first. But it will help you in the long run.

Think about it...its easier to quit something you hate than something you love. And their are plenty of reasons to hate that bear. You need help finding some, hit me up. Ive been speed bagging that fuckers face for awhile now.

Glad to be quit with you sir.
Quote from 2mch...
" Iwould fight a bear for you. Not a grizzly or a brown bear or a panda. But maybe like a Care Bear? I'd fight one of those sonsabitches for you"

The point being, stick close and this family of quitters will help you fight the "bear". Post roll everyday and hit chat. Welcome.

Sage

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »
Hello to my new KTC family. I plan on becoming an active here as it appears that the site and it's camaraderie have given you all the strength to quit and keep quitting every day. I do feel the loss and anxiety this morning of saying goodbye to my old pal the Kodiak bear but reading the information here I think that I have lost the "fear" that has quite often ended my quits before they even started.

I have been a heavy user since high school, started around 14 yrs old here and there and by 15-16 was using several cans of Kodiak a week. I am now 37 and shocked by how quickly time seems to pass. I truly believed then that dip was a phase of my youth. That phase became a 1-1.5 can dependency. I did "quit" for about a month once, I quote quit because I was using nicotine lozenges. I was in a store one day after about 32-33 days dip free, but I guess because I had not broken the nicotine hold it was very easy to slip right back into my norm.

Well I hope this introduction post isn't too ranty or incoherent. I just need to break myself of my self inflicted socially awkward comfort zone so that I can embrace some new friends here to help me on this journey.

Ah yes. The kodiak bear. For 15 years I used to hump that fucking bear. Near the end I was going through 2 cans a day.

Fuck that asshole bear. I don't own a gun and ive never been to Alaska but if I ever end up there I will kill one of those mother fuckers. Gun or no gun. Ill rain blows upon his face and drop kick him in the Dick if he stands up.

He was never a friend of mine...or yours. He fucked with the wiring in your brain, emptied your pocketbook (shits expensive), made you dependent on him, eroded your gums, numbed your tongue, cut open your inner lip so it could it could get its posion in you as quickly as possible and oh yeah...he was trying to kill you. Literally.

Some friend.

I have a deep deep hatred for that asshole bear. He fucked my shit UP. Not only when I was using but when I quit. Fucking asshole still messed with me. God Damn I hate that bear.

My advice, besides post roll, get numbers, read, stay active, etc...is to learn to hate that bear.

Wont be easy at first. But it will help you in the long run.

Think about it...its easier to quit something you hate than something you love. And their are plenty of reasons to hate that bear. You need help finding some, hit me up. Ive been speed bagging that fuckers face for awhile now.

Glad to be quit with you sir.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Nic10

• Quitter
  • Interests: Basketball, lifting weights, action movies, and stand-up comedies
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Hello to my new KTC family. I plan on becoming an active here as it appears that the site and it's camaraderie have given you all the strength to quit and keep quitting every day. I do feel the loss and anxiety this morning of saying goodbye to my old pal the Kodiak bear but reading the information here I think that I have lost the "fear" that has quite often ended my quits before they even started.

I have been a heavy user since high school, started around 14 yrs old here and there and by 15-16 was using several cans of Kodiak a week. I am now 37 and shocked by how quickly time seems to pass. I truly believed then that dip was a phase of my youth. That phase became a 1-1.5 can dependency. I did "quit" for about a month once, I quote quit because I was using nicotine lozenges. I was in a store one day after about 32-33 days dip free, but I guess because I had not broken the nicotine hold it was very easy to slip right back into my norm.

Well I hope this introduction post isn't too ranty or incoherent. I just need to break myself of my self inflicted socially awkward comfort zone so that I can embrace some new friends here to help me on this journey.

Welcome aboard buddy. I'm also in your august quit group so just give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help out. Like Erussel said the beginning of this quit is going to be pure hell, but believe me if the thousands that have come before us can fight their way through that hell then we can too buddy! Each time a craving comes you just have to tell yourself it's a damn lie and you don't need to use nicotine to live your life the way you want too. Keep pushing through and posting roll and it'll get a little bit easier with each passing day.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Jlud looks like you are drinking all the cool aid from this site you can. That is very important. Your Quit depends on you. It depends if you post role and then if you are a man of your word. And then ultimately if you want it bad enough. You can do this, it will be bad, if like my quit it will be pure unadulterated immortal hell, but you can do it. I am doing it. You let me know if you need anything. It gets better by the way. I quit today with you.
Wise words

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Jlud looks like you are drinking all the cool aid from this site you can. That is very important. Your Quit depends on you. It depends if you post role and then if you are a man of your word. And then ultimately if you want it bad enough. You can do this, it will be bad, if like my quit it will be pure unadulterated immortal hell, but you can do it. I am doing it. You let me know if you need anything. It gets better by the way. I quit today with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
Whatever u gotta do to get thru. It gets better. Just remember you gave us your word not to use nicotine at all today.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Chilling on the couch with sunflower seeds! Thanks for the warm welcome today, will be sure to reach out when things get tough. Thanks fellas.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Hell yea jlud. You are the man. Posting roll that makes you accountable to us as we are to u. I am in ur August group. Sent you a pm with my info. Get in Touch with if you me. The Next week or so is going to be pure unadulterated hell just hang in there buddy and you call me if you need anything at all

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: 05wrxing
Quote from: srans
I see you posted roll,,  you weren't playing were you!  That's great man.  One day at a time brother and you can have your freedom back.
srans speaks the truth. One day at a time is all it takes. Congrats on quitting and making the best decision you possibly could! Use the resources that are available here and reach out to your quit brothers and sisters, get some numbers and call or text any time you need to. Do whatever it takes to keep that nasty crap outta your lip. If you need anything at all feel free to pm me. I will quit with you any day.
Same here Jlud if you need anything buzz me I will be on the road today so if you need any help you gotta reach out...just like this quit has to be for you other factors can be motivators but it has to come from you. I will send my digits to your pm.

Like SRANS stated you weren't quit before you just changed the delivery system of the nicotine...you are going to be quit now...you posted roll that tells us you are nicotine free... right you are not on nicotine gum or patches right now right.

We, like you are addicts here we are addicted to one of the most addicting chemicals on earth. You will always be an addict this is what the vets told me here and it switched my way of thinking... I used to think I was not an addict because it was legal... that's addict mind speaking there. Keep the site close stay away from groups this weekend that dip stay away from booze your quit comes first you are too fragile right now to hang with those temptations.

welcome aboard
Todd
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
I see you posted roll,, you weren't playing were you! That's great man. One day at a time brother and you can have your freedom back.
srans speaks the truth. One day at a time is all it takes. Congrats on quitting and making the best decision you possibly could! Use the resources that are available here and reach out to your quit brothers and sisters, get some numbers and call or text any time you need to. Do whatever it takes to keep that nasty crap outta your lip. If you need anything at all feel free to pm me. I will quit with you any day.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »
I see you posted roll,, you weren't playing were you! That's great man. One day at a time brother and you can have your freedom back.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:00:00 AM »

Jlud, we are glad to have you. You are making a great decision that you should have made years ago,, like the rest of us idiots. Now, lets start getting the mind right. Getting your mind right is the beginning of success.

You never quit before,, you might have taken a break for month of so,, but you never quit Big difference! This is the one that will be hard for you to get right now. Kodiak was never your pal. All kodiak has done is take your MONEY, HEALTH AND DIGNITY. It has not given you one good thing in return.

Go to the top left and put your mouse right on the welcome center. Read, read, and read. Pay particular attention to posting roll. This is where we make a promise every day not to use. You will be in the August group where there is a bunch of new quitters that will be glad to help you along. Get acclimated to the sight and get involved. Make this quit the most important thing you got going,, because it is.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Welcome aboard. Check your inbox, just sent you a note and contact number. You have made a great decision by joining. Kick the bear to the curb and get ready for quite a ride! There will be ups and there will be downs, but let me tell you, 146 days ago I too said bye to the bear and I feel 20 years younger today than I did then. You are making the best decision of your life and thousands if us are on the sidelines cheering you on. Post roll first thing in the morning and be a man of integrity and keep your word to yourself and all of us. That's it. Follow this plan and you will succeed. And many of us are here to help pull and push you through the rough patches. Proud to quit with you today!

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »