Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 11568 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Day 1
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: razd611
Being antisocial has nothing to do with why you decided to stuff that shit in your face!!!

Why did you really do it?
I made the choice to listen to the nic bitch instead of picking up the phone, getting online to chat or any other option that included talking to a KTC contact and fighting through the crave rather folding under and finger banging a can again.

I suppose this is more of what I meant.
What really pushed your buttons to the point that you thought a dip whould make the situation better? What was that bad, what made you look in the mirror and say I just don't care about my quit and everything I have accomplished up to that point? This is the true "why" we seek.

It is the true "why" you should be seeking as well...
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Answering "The Questions" is important.  Helps you understand the how and why you failed.  If you only half-ass it through those answers, you'll fail again...which we HATE more than shitty answers.

But, having said that, I have never been a huge stickler for The Questions.  You know you fucked up.  Nobody can change that.  SO DON'T FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!!!

You really can control your addiction.  You just don't believe you can...which may be why you failed.  Understand what you are doing...quitting ONE day at a time.  You can't change the past, so fuck it.  You don't know the future, so fuck it.  But you sure as shit can control what shit your fingers stuff in your own face right now...and that is all we are asking that you do. 

So, get back to quitting.  Post your word, and start being accountable.  YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS, BROTHER!!!
My issue is words on a page can be interpreted too many ways by a reader, that's what makes book so much fun to read (I admit its been awhile since I got lost in a book though). That's why I just quoted Bean - I chose to use, didn't call anyone when I wanted to use, thus didn't give my quit its proper potential. All I am saying is that I cannot properly formulate the answers everyone wants to hear in my current state of suckage.....but does it really matter anyway. I made the effort, taking my lumps today and in the end it will really only come down to one sequence of events daily......

Wake up, post roll, keep my word.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Being antisocial has nothing to do with why you decided to stuff that shit in your face!!!

I made the choice to listen to the nic bitch instead of picking up the phone, getting online to chat or any other option that included talking to a KTC contact and fighting through the crave rather folding under and finger banging a can again.

I suppose this is more of what I meant.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »

Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Answering "The Questions" is important. Helps you understand the how and why you failed. If you only half-ass it through those answers, you'll fail again...which we HATE more than shitty answers.

But, having said that, I have never been a huge stickler for The Questions. You know you fucked up. Nobody can change that. SO DON'T FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!!!

You really can control your addiction. You just don't believe you can...which may be why you failed. Understand what you are doing...quitting ONE day at a time. You can't change the past, so fuck it. You don't know the future, so fuck it. But you sure as shit can control what shit your fingers stuff in your own face right now...and that is all we are asking that you do.

So, get back to quitting. Post your word, and start being accountable. YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS, BROTHER!!!

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
I hope this suffices, if not....well too bad. I'll just keep coming back.
Let's not get nasty, okay 007?

Your answers miss the mark because you're putting all the blame on being antisocial. Getting support is awesome and reaching out in times of need is important, but your connection to the KTC community is secondary. Step 1 is WANTING to quit, like really really wanting it. You ended up here, so obviously you know you SHOULD quit, but that isn't going to do it.

Please think more about the why question, and acknowledge that you haven't caved simply because you don't like asking for help.

Dude I'm sooooo ready to quit with you. Please PM me if you need anything, and shoot me your number if you'd like me to hound you through the beginning stages.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
I do not think your answers will pass muster with alot of the vets on here, but that is not my problem. I am sending you my telephone number by PM and I expect you to use it the next time you feel like sneaking in a dip...and I expect that feeling to rear its ugly head damned near every day. From this point on, you are not allowed to use nicotine without first obtaining my permission. Deal? Good. Now open your pm and give me a call. We need to figure out a game plan and get this party started.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
So after some thought here are my answers to the 3 questions:

What happened: I caved, twice.....on day 2.

Why it happened: I have always had trouble asking for help, I am also not very social. I don't know if its an inferiority complex or lack of self esteem, I haven't had many close friends since I was in school. Some of the shit that goes on here can be intimidating to someone who would rather keep their head in the sand away from others. That's just some of my mental junk anyway.

What am I going to do different: What to say to this one, well obviously my quit will not go very far if I do not reach out and talk to someone when the going gets tough, that much is clear to me. Beyond that I think very much like my earlier post, talk is cheap until I hang around and put some days and roll calls together

I hope this suffices, if not....well too bad. I'll just keep coming back.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
The quit train doesn't slow down to pick up passengers. And we don't give a shit about all the bad-ass things you're about to do. We care about one thing...being quit. The rest is bullshit.

You make the choice and we've got your back. But don't come on here trying to impress a bunch of bad-ass quitters with all the things you're about to do. We're addicts, too. We're fluent in addict-speak. And we can smell bullshit a mile away.
Come back when you've done something worth talking about.
Really? Just go piss in someone else's thread. I don't think you read my post. The last line is here:

"It's all just words until I put up some +1 's and keep my word after caving last time. So I expect some to be skeptical until I show I can stick to my quit."

I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
The quit train doesn't slow down to pick up passengers.  And we don't give a shit about all the bad-ass things you're about to do.  We care about one thing...being quit.  The rest is bullshit. 

You make the choice and we've got your back.  But don't come on here trying to impress a bunch of bad-ass quitters with all the things you're about to do.  We're addicts, too.  We're fluent in addict-speak.  And we can smell bullshit a mile away.
Show don't tell. Love is given, respect is earned.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
The quit train doesn't slow down to pick up passengers. And we don't give a shit about all the bad-ass things you're about to do. We care about one thing...being quit. The rest is bullshit.

You make the choice and we've got your back. But don't come on here trying to impress a bunch of bad-ass quitters with all the things you're about to do. We're addicts, too. We're fluent in addict-speak. And we can smell bullshit a mile away.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Ehhh. Go back to page 1 and re read what I wrote the first time your pussy ass came through here, claiming you were ready to quit.

Seriously brah. Grow a pair.
I'll be tea bagging the nic bitch and the bear with my big huge pair of quit balls.......seriously though, thanks Diesel. It's all just words until I put up some +1 's and keep my word after caving last time. So I expect some to be skeptical until I show I can stick to my quit.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: worktowin
I am returning after caving and pretty much disappearing since I last posted.  I know that I owe the site, former and current quit groups some answers to the 3 questions.  I will get to that sometime today, I just could not ignore the truth after lurking around the site while still using this past few weeks.  Tomorrow will never come if I keep trying to "plan" things and the sooner I posted roll and poked my head out, the better.  So, light me up, chew me out, call me an asshole....whatever, I welcome the accountability.  Work is the next order of business today.  Later.
Not gonna call you anything, other than an addict. Of a plant in a can that causes cancer and costs a fuckton of money. I'm an addict too.

First order of business - answer the three questions. And think long and hard about them.

Second order of business... you need to look deep and answer one other very important question. This is the difference between a winner, and a loser - not just in the fight against this addiction - but life in general... are you a man of integrity?

Really think about that question. When you give your word, do you keep it? If you make a deal with a handshake, is that deal done, or do you sometimes back out? If you aren't a man of integrity, if you don't honor your word, then you need to go back to the drawing board. This method, and more than likely any other, won't work for you. It is easy to cave. It is easy to chew. It is easy to give your word. It takes a man of integrity to keep it.

You've got my contact info - I reached out to you on day 1 last time. We are all glad that you are back - now you owe it to yourself and us to use the tools of this site to help get you through the rough times. I've had to reach out several times. Others have as well. You are no different - you owe it to yourself and those of us that have invested time in your quit to let us help you out. This time is different man - lets get this quit underway! This time, when the craves come (and they will) call me. Reach out to others. We have a common goal - to beat this monster. It can be done - if a weak numbers guy like me can do this - a bad ass like you can. Use this site - keep your word. A man of integrity will win every day.
Your a previous member of my group... Bad Ass August quitters! I want to see the 3 questions answered here, In my group roll call, And your new group, October! You caved early in your quit and Worktowin said it already, If you are not a man of integrity, You will fail again! TODAY is the best time to quit! We are all here fighting for our lives and we need strong men in our ranks! Are you strong? If so, Join the ranks and get your quit on! Do not be a pussy this time! Pussies die a slow painful death! Usually with half a face and there family in tears!
Thanks Jake, your trials truly are one of the things that inspired my return. I waited way too long to man up and return. Thanks for your words Worktowin, also Erussell, Evilwon, papabear, phil16.....anyone who has sent me PM's since I joined. Jake and Scottmacek from my previous August group who had fallen and returned thanks. This is just me rambling and trying to show my appreciation for this site. Make no mistake I will post my 3 questions, I just haven't had time today yet to really make truly heartfelt post on that yet. Number one is keep my word today...and I will, two is to just throw myself out there with you guys and rack up that accountability, because truly that is where I have failed in the past.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
Ehhh. Go back to page 1 and re read what I wrote the first time your pussy ass came through here, claiming you were ready to quit.

Seriously brah. Grow a pair.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
I am returning after caving and pretty much disappearing since I last posted.  I know that I owe the site, former and current quit groups some answers to the 3 questions.  I will get to that sometime today, I just could not ignore the truth after lurking around the site while still using this past few weeks.  Tomorrow will never come if I keep trying to "plan" things and the sooner I posted roll and poked my head out, the better.  So, light me up, chew me out, call me an asshole....whatever, I welcome the accountability.  Work is the next order of business today.  Later.
Not gonna call you anything, other than an addict. Of a plant in a can that causes cancer and costs a fuckton of money. I'm an addict too.

First order of business - answer the three questions. And think long and hard about them.

Second order of business... you need to look deep and answer one other very important question. This is the difference between a winner, and a loser - not just in the fight against this addiction - but life in general... are you a man of integrity?

Really think about that question. When you give your word, do you keep it? If you make a deal with a handshake, is that deal done, or do you sometimes back out? If you aren't a man of integrity, if you don't honor your word, then you need to go back to the drawing board. This method, and more than likely any other, won't work for you. It is easy to cave. It is easy to chew. It is easy to give your word. It takes a man of integrity to keep it.

You've got my contact info - I reached out to you on day 1 last time. We are all glad that you are back - now you owe it to yourself and us to use the tools of this site to help get you through the rough times. I've had to reach out several times. Others have as well. You are no different - you owe it to yourself and those of us that have invested time in your quit to let us help you out. This time is different man - lets get this quit underway! This time, when the craves come (and they will) call me. Reach out to others. We have a common goal - to beat this monster. It can be done - if a weak numbers guy like me can do this - a bad ass like you can. Use this site - keep your word. A man of integrity will win every day.
Your a previous member of my group... Bad Ass August quitters! I want to see the 3 questions answered here, In my group roll call, And your new group, October! You caved early in your quit and Worktowin said it already, If you are not a man of integrity, You will fail again! TODAY is the best time to quit! We are all here fighting for our lives and we need strong men in our ranks! Are you strong? If so, Join the ranks and get your quit on! Do not be a pussy this time! Pussies die a slow painful death! Usually with half a face and there family in tears!