Author Topic: Day 3  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 3
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Quote from: J.crow37
Someone wanna just check it out and make sure I did it right, would be much appreciated. kinda confusing for a simpleton like me
Yes, of the 3 guys who just posted day 1, you win the cookie. Part of the process around here is you share why/how you caved the last time. Let's hear your story so we can all learn from it.

Thanks!
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Someone wanna just check it out and make sure I did it right, would be much appreciated. kinda confusing for a simpleton like me

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
I will wait untill tomorow I would not feel right since I did infact use tobaco today. Mostly out of respect to all of you who stayed nicotine free today. and thanks for pointing me in the direction of info on how to post roll.
No need to wait - Steve is just stating the rules. The day you stop is day #1! You too can make it into the last day for the January 2012 pre-HOF quit group by quiting right now and posting roll call. Mr. Clean and Dipshit both just did it. So can you!
Rules are the moment you quit, that's day 1.
Good job.

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
Allright cool definitely will do then, i just misunderstood the rules I guess and did not want to disrespecting anyone who has been working so hard already Thank you

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
I will wait untill tomorow I would not feel right since I did infact use tobaco today. Mostly out of respect to all of you who stayed nicotine free today. and thanks for pointing me in the direction of info on how to post roll.
No need to wait - Steve is just stating the rules. The day you stop is day #1! You too can make it into the last day for the January 2012 pre-HOF quit group by quiting right now and posting roll call. Mr. Clean and Dipshit both just did it. So can you!
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
Time to make it stick. No more trying just gunna hafta man up. This will be my second time to the site. Havent dipped since this morning so tomorow will be my true Day 1 while today will make day 1/2. Im sure I'll completely forget how to do the roll call so will probably need some help with that in the AM as well as some irration management as I have found that to be my biggest handicap with quitting. Looking forward to making it work and helping out Newbies in the future.
J crow, if you are quit, today is day 1. Go post roll call and make your promise not to use nicotine for the rest of today. If you wait to make that promise, your quit will be weaker tonight.

Go to the pink welcome center link above, to learn how to post roll call, and post it right now.

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Time to make it stick. No more trying just gunna hafta man up. This will be my second time to the site. Havent dipped since this morning so tomorow will be my true Day 1 while today will make day 1/2. Im sure I'll completely forget how to do the roll call so will probably need some help with that in the AM as well as some irration management as I have found that to be my biggest handicap with quitting. Looking forward to making it work and helping out Newbies in the future.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Quote from: lav182
Quote from: Dr.
I'm only a "noob" on day 8..but..whats the difference between taking a teabag and stuffing it in your lip, or a wad of gum, or the fake shit? Its all serving the same purpose, to fufill the -psychological- need to have something bulging out of your lip. For whatever reason, it provides security. I can see how some people dont want to use it, as they may be more likely to cave-fuck it, why not use the real stuff? I don't see the same way. I'd rather stuff my lip with fake shit when I get that strong crave, then try holding out against both the addiction to nicotine, and the behavioral habit to stuff shit in my lip and risk caving and start the whole fucking process all over again. Thats just my perspective anyways. When I put the SMC in, it helps with the psychological need, and then I can focus on staying the fuck away from nicobitch. Crutch, perhaps, but its not nicotine and it helps me concentrate on taking this a day at a time.

Yes, but eventually you have to walk on your own. How many people do you know that after their broken leg heals are still using cructhes?

Oral addiction is part of this prison. If you were like me, I used to get panic attacks when I didn't have a can of dip with me. I used sunflower seeds and gobstopper candy just like chew. Until I learned the tools to deal with the craves

On day 50 or so I started working on the oral addiction part, It was, by far, tougher than getting through the nicotine fog. I no longer look like a rabid squirrel all hopped up on sugar. So It CAN be done! Now I keep a bag of sunflower seeds handy as part of my quit plan, still use them, but My life is so much better!
Lav182- I am only on day three, would have to say that if some one wanted or decided to use herbal snuff to get them through a moment where the were fighting temptations and there anxiety might be high, then whats the problem. I did't even know about the herbal snuff until a few days ago, Im very lucky for it, on day one I would have caved, I had the sweats, anxiety at an all time high, but I made it though five minutes of using the herbal stuff and I was focused an on track. I am sick of feeling like this just like all of you. I know the difference I don't crave the herbal stuff, I realize that everyone is different some need to walk before they run, I can tell the difference when I use the herbal and it just reminds me of why I am doing this, why we're all doing this.
to each his own, I used fake for over a year, and then walked away from it with little fan fare. In the beginning it was a huge help. Others , don't like it because it is too close to the actual act of chewing that it actually is a trigger for craves.

If it works for you then its good, if not then use whatever does, a tea bag , a atomic fireball, a rabid howler monkey, it's all good as long as it doesn't have nic.

As far as the prior discussion on accidentally having a dip? What are you two? you may have been " fooled" as you say but you wanted to be fooled. If you took the time you could have figured it out. I assume your a reasonably intellegent guy ( maybe not) , if you REALLY WANTED THIS you would not have made this mistake.
so I call GIANT BULLSHIT. I will give you a blue ribbon for the most creative excuse I've seen yet. Even you, are buying into your own shit. Fact is your an addict and you gave yourself an out to use and then claim oops. Didn't ya feel a bit of the ole poison oozing thru your head? You knew. You may not even admit it to yourself, but you knew, and you had a million options that you choose not to pursue. Why even take the risk?

For your own sake I hope you get an immediate cranialrectalottomy and get back to posting and staying focused this time.

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline lav182

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Dr.
I'm only a "noob" on day 8..but..whats the difference between taking a teabag and stuffing it in your lip, or a wad of gum, or the fake shit? Its all serving the same purpose, to fufill the -psychological- need to have something bulging out of your lip. For whatever reason, it provides security. I can see how some people dont want to use it, as they may be more likely to cave-fuck it, why not use the real stuff? I don't see the same way. I'd rather stuff my lip with fake shit when I get that strong crave, then try holding out against both the addiction to nicotine, and the behavioral habit to stuff shit in my lip and risk caving and start the whole fucking process all over again. Thats just my perspective anyways. When I put the SMC in, it helps with the psychological need, and then I can focus on staying the fuck away from nicobitch. Crutch, perhaps, but its not nicotine and it helps me concentrate on taking this a day at a time.

Yes, but eventually you have to walk on your own. How many people do you know that after their broken leg heals are still using cructhes?

Oral addiction is part of this prison. If you were like me, I used to get panic attacks when I didn't have a can of dip with me. I used sunflower seeds and gobstopper candy just like chew. Until I learned the tools to deal with the craves

On day 50 or so I started working on the oral addiction part, It was, by far, tougher than getting through the nicotine fog. I no longer look like a rabid squirrel all hopped up on sugar. So It CAN be done! Now I keep a bag of sunflower seeds handy as part of my quit plan, still use them, but My life is so much better!
Lav182- I am only on day three, would have to say that if some one wanted or decided to use herbal snuff to get them through a moment where the were fighting temptations and there anxiety might be high, then whats the problem. I did't even know about the herbal snuff until a few days ago, Im very lucky for it, on day one I would have caved, I had the sweats, anxiety at an all time high, but I made it though five minutes of using the herbal stuff and I was focused an on track. I am sick of feeling like this just like all of you. I know the difference I don't crave the herbal stuff, I realize that everyone is different some need to walk before they run, I can tell the difference when I use the herbal and it just reminds me of why I am doing this, why we're all doing this.

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »

HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline shortround

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Quit. Quitition. Quitocracy. Quitorama. Quitography. Quit-a-lit-a-ding-dong. And finally, your mom.
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
Quote from: Maverick55
Most importantly, if you truly want to quit, don't throw a tantrum and leave.  Your quit is important and this site is a proven path, it works.  Get back involved and get to quittin.  I'll support you.
Bingo.

1. Man up and grab your sack
2. Hug it out with whoever it was that made you cry and wet your panties.
3. Change wet panties.

4. Get back over to April and post day 1. We have your back. We want you to be successful in your quit.

EDIT: Hey this was my 100th post. J.Crow that's good mojo for you. Go post today. 'boob'
Freedom - 8 January 2011
HOF Date - 17 April 2011, 2nd Floor - 26 July 2011, 3rd Floor - 3 November 2011, 4th Floor - 11 February 2012

How bad do you want to quit? - posted by NOLAQ
"I'm an F-18 nic bitch, and I'll destroy you in the air." - The Sheen

"The truth, when you finally chase it down, is almost always far worse than your darkest visions and fears." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Maverick55

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
Quote from: tony
Quote from: teaka
Quote from: Capt
To use my own quote....It looks like you are still looking for excuses to continue caving....suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll......and stay the fuck out of tobbacco shops dumbass!....how many alcoholics visit the liquor store to get some near beer? The ones that fail and start drinking to answer the question.
Very true....but to take it a step further...how many Alcoholics run around town even looking for Odouls?? How many alcoholics drink a virgin tonic shaken with olives?

I agree with most things on this site BUT using the fake chew is stupid. Our addiction is both physical and mental and in the same manner using NRT is delaying the physical break......the 'fake' is delaying the mental. Its an unnecessary crutch.

Just man up and quit!
I don't really disagree Tony - bottom-line do what you have to do to keep nic out of your system!

The problem we have here is not a question of the theoretical regarding the fake, however, the problem here is that we have a quit brother who placed himself in a compromised position early in his quit - and is now questionably caved as a result. So, for all of US pre-HOFers - and particularly those of you April and May early quitters - lets review some basic F'n guidelines to safe guard your quits:

1) Stay away from tobacco (why does this even need to be spelled out?). This means tobacco stores, the tobacco line in the grocery store, friends who chain smoke/dip, gas stations, etc. Why would you place yourself near a position of temptation? You'll be able to handle these situations better once you have a decent grasp around your quit.
2) Alcohol - not for everyone, but for many of us alcohol is a major trigger, plus when you're compromised by alcohol its that much easier to convince yourself of the old I can have just one lie. This one is particularly important for me!
3) Have a plan and use it, particularly when you find yourself in a trigger situation. Have some numbers, call your quit brothers/sisters, text, get on this site, whatever your plan is, use it.

Now for you JCrow - I looked for where this big argument between you and others on the site occurred, didn't find it. Not that it matters. Your quit is your own, you don't have to be here - you asked to be here, and in so doing you accepted the SOPs of this site. In the eyes of the majority of this group you fucked up and have caved, you're going to receive a ration of shit, get over it and stop whining. Learn from this experience and move forward with your quit. Go to April, post another Day 1, explain to your April brothers and sisters what happened and ask to be allowed to stay in their group, they'll likely say yes - thats one good group going over there.

Most importantly, if you truly want to quit, don't throw a tantrum and leave. Your quit is important and this site is a proven path, it works. Get back involved and get to quittin. I'll support you.
Quit Date: 11/06/10
HOF Date: 02/14/11
2nd Floor: 05/25/11
3rd Floor: 09/02/11
4th Floor: 12/12/11
5th Floor: 03/19/12
6th Floor: 06/27/12

Offline tony

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
Quote from: teaka
To use my own quote....It looks like you are still looking for excuses to continue caving....suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll......and stay the fuck out of tobbacco shops dumbass!....how many alcoholics visit the liquor store to get some near beer? The ones that fail and start drinking to answer the question.
Very true....but to take it a step further...how many Alcoholics run around town even looking for Odouls?? How many alcoholics drink a virgin tonic shaken with olives?

I agree with most things on this site BUT using the fake chew is stupid. Our addiction is both physical and mental and in the same manner using NRT is delaying the physical break......the 'fake' is delaying the mental. Its an unnecessary crutch.

Just man up and quit!
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline teaka

• Quitter
  • Interests: golf, skiing
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »

Just man up and quit!
a strange game. the only winning move is not to play