Author Topic: Day 3  (Read 5245 times)

Offline SCHogfan

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 3
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
Quote from: J.crow37
This is my day three of my cold turkey attempt.
BS man...no attempt.
Do or do not...there is no try.
We are all here to help the "Do".

Oh yeah tell you friends to fornicate themselves with a gigantic wooden utensil for use in eating, stirring, measuring, ladling, etc., consisting of a small, shallow bowl with a handle. I had to tell that to some of mine and they respected me for it. Now I am a quitter and they still ppour their money and health away :D
I ride the painted whore. She gives good universal screams.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

QUIT DATE 1/6/11

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Not gunna lie I didn't expect to see half as many people posting on this but I think thats great. This is my day three of my cold turkey attempt. Its been about 6 years 1+ can a day. got sick of it and threw the last can out the window on the way home one day. the day to day aproach is great, cus all my friends that still dip just say "youll never be able to do it" but you're right only today matters, and every individual day you can stay nic free is a day of bettering yourself
Welcome brother.

Tell your "friends" to go pound sand up their ass.
You're a fucking man who is taking control of his life. Your pussy friends can't man up and Quit with you.

Offline livin

• Quitter
  • Interests: My Family, College Football, almost any outdoor activity
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »
Sorry smokeyg but it is never has been nor will it ever be rude to tell the nic bitch to go fuck herself.

Livin

and btw NB GFY............ with broom handles!
Quit Day May 15, 2009

Offline andrew

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
I increased my caffeine intake, which helps my metabolism and I'm guessing my digestive health as well (since it's a stimulant). I substituted gum for all my high-risk areas (sitting in bed, driving, playing video games, watching a movie, etc.). Now I go nuts if I can't find my gum, and my trash can is full of nasty gum wads, but oh well.
QUIT 01/03/11
HOF 04/12/11

THIS IS YOUR DAY TO BE QUIT.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
I quit the last 50 days after 23 years and I have the dip dreams regularly. Its constantly the same where I freak out that I can't post roll call tomorrow. Just a dream. Posting to me is putting my word down that I quit today. That's all I can do. Quit today.

I got through the first couple weeks with the fake stuff Chattahoochee. Just to fight the oral desire to have a turd in my mouth. I thought it was cheating but after a couple weeks, I never got any more. Wasn't doing anything for me.

My approach to take control of the nic bitch has been to exercise hard. At first it was just to sap the nervous energy but now, I definitely have more energy on any given day than I've had pretty much since I can remember. I wanted to change my life to not just say I'm nic free but I'm getting healthy. I'm getting stronger. I'm running better. It feeds itself. You want to lift more. I want to get back out and run sooner. I'm replacing my dip dreams with running dreams and I'm starting to sleep right again.

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Just so you know... I was merely informing you boys being drunk is a quit killer! it makes urges ten times worse! i have 2 strong reasons tho so ill nevevr fail! #1 my great uncle died of throat cancer and was only 33. #2 theres theres chick i love who would never forgive me if i stepped back! dont worry im on roll call forver boyss!! eclipse gum is a great replacement!!! chew that shit every day!

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
You're wrong. I told myslef I will never cave on this journey. was it stronger urges I have felt tonight yes. but you hafta look on your reason for being here boys! I wont ever cave, because I came here with myself a girl in mind and obviously you boys! Id never roll call this morning and let you down! and guess what im gunna roll call tomorow too! im just letting you know from experience that alcohol will make it harder, but for you boys i was willing to stay strong!! April BAMF

Offline Maverick55

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark that you're drunk posting. Not a great idea. Your post below sounds as if you have caved, I certainly hope this is incorrect. I'll look for your role post tomorrow.

You're right, alcohol is a dangerous trigger.
Quit Date: 11/06/10
HOF Date: 02/14/11
2nd Floor: 05/25/11
3rd Floor: 09/02/11
4th Floor: 12/12/11
5th Floor: 03/19/12
6th Floor: 06/27/12

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Boys heres the advice. drinking is a quit killer.. I aint quit yet and I wont quit but the urges are ten time worse with drinks in you. stay away from drinking for the for see able future till you know your good! stay strong April Bros

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
I know what you mean with munchies bro. constantly eating or chewing gum! anyone else had weird sleep experiences/dreams or lack there of sleep

Offline lospenguinos

• Quitter
  • Interests: CrossFit, rugby, hockey
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Remshot
Quote from: Smokeyg
Obviously we are all here for the same Health related reasons.  But Im personally on my day 3 and have already found some great pieces of help (both here and through short term experience) that have made these three days not so terrible.  So I wast just wondering when all you have that moment when you're in a trigger setting and want so bad to stuff your face full of death.  Whats your go to? What do all you use as your relaxer thought to get back into perspective? Me personally is this one girl I had always liked finally got the nuts to talk to her weve gone out a few times. and I think shes great, she never even minded the dipping, but i always just think to myself what a loser I was if I pussied out and went back to the can.
I just say to myself (out loud) "You've earned this freedom. You are quit. Life is better now." I used to tell the nic bitch to go fuck herself, but that's just rude.
Never again. Not even once. 'finger point'
I'm still working my way through it, only on day 12. Things have changed as the days have passed. The past week I've been using a lot of Smokey Mountain. Had killer munchies up until the past few days, seems to be settling down a little. Also the past 3 days or so I switched from coffee to herbal tea with honey and/or cinamon stick. Working so far. Peppermint or Sleepy Time at night is real calming.
Gosh, Mister, my teeth feel cleaner. But what about the hole in the wall?

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Obviously we are all here for the same Health related reasons.  But Im personally on my day 3 and have already found some great pieces of help (both here and through short term experience) that have made these three days not so terrible.  So I wast just wondering when all you have that moment when you're in a trigger setting and want so bad to stuff your face full of death.  Whats your go to? What do all you use as your relaxer thought to get back into perspective? Me personally is this one girl I had always liked finally got the nuts to talk to her weve gone out a few times. and I think shes great, she never even minded the dipping, but i always just think to myself what a loser I was if I pussied out and went back to the can.
I just say to myself (out loud) "You've earned this freedom. You are quit. Life is better now." I used to tell the nic bitch to go fuck herself, but that's just rude.
Never again. Not even once. 'finger point'
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Obviously we are all here for the same Health related reasons. But Im personally on my day 3 and have already found some great pieces of help (both here and through short term experience) that have made these three days not so terrible. So I wast just wondering when all you have that moment when you're in a trigger setting and want so bad to stuff your face full of death. Whats your go to? What do all you use as your relaxer thought to get back into perspective? Me personally is this one girl I had always liked finally got the nuts to talk to her weve gone out a few times. and I think shes great, she never even minded the dipping, but i always just think to myself what a loser I was if I pussied out and went back to the can.

Offline J.crow37

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
Obviously we are all here for the same Health related reasons. But Im personally on my day 3 and have already found some great pieces of help (both here and through short term experience) that have made these three days not so terrible. So I wast just wondering when all you have that moment when you're in a trigger setting and want so bad to stuff your face full of death. Whats your go to? What do all you use as your relaxer thought to get back into perspective? Me personally is this one girl I had always liked finally got the nuts to talk to her weve gone out a few times. and I think shes great, she never even minded the dipping, but i always just think to myself what a loser I was if I pussied out and went back to the can.

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain bikes, trials/street dirt motorbikes, running, hiking, dogs.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
J.crow,

Get the onto the April roll call!
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

"Sounds like someone is looking for an excuse to cave......suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll" Capt Kylos

This is my quit. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My quit is my best friend. It is my life. My quit, without me, is useless. Without my quit, I am useless.......