Author Topic: Day 140 and counting  (Read 29607 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Day 140 and counting
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: Greg5280
Day 730

Two years!  Freedom ROCKS !!!!
That is awesome brother. Congratulations and thank you.

I quit with you.
:)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Day 730

Two years! Freedom ROCKS !!!!
That is awesome brother. Congratulations and thank you.

I quit with you.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
Day 730

Two years! Freedom ROCKS !!!!

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Jman
Newbies,
    If you are having trouble staying quit or deciding if you want to quit then read the article below. 

Make sure you pay attention to the tactics used by Big Tobacco... For fuck sake sending kids ( 9, 10, 11...years old ) free cans ?  Making Cherry flavored tobacco with less Nic so the kids could " get used" to the product. 

Hard to believe I gave those fucks as much of my money as I did..  NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON !!!

Tobacco Company Pays $5M In Groundbreaking Case

Settlement is nationÂ’s first involving smokeless product
By THOMAS B. SCHEFFEY

Kelly June Hill, Executrix, et al. v. U.S. Smokeless Tobacco: The Altria Group, successor to tobacco marketer United States Smokeless Tobacco of Greenwich, has settled for $5 million a lawsuit filed by the estate of a North Carolina man who died of tongue cancer.

The worker, Bobby Hill, initially went to an Ashville, N.C., lawyer, who referred his case to BridgeportÂ’s Koskoff, Koskoff  Bieder. Partners Antonio Ponvert III and Christopher Bernard launched a state court wrongful death action in Connecticut.
From the beginning, Ponvert said, Hill and his family wanted to draw attention to the danger of “dipping snuff” and to discourage youngsters from starting its addictive use.

“It’s the first time a plaintiff has won a wrongful death chewing tobacco verdict or settlement in the history of the industry,” said Ponvert. Altria, based in Richmond, Va., also owns Philip Morris, and has a corporate policy of not settling any individual consumer cases, he added.  Altria Group spokesman Steve Callahan said, “U.S. Smokeless Tobacco is honoring an agreement it made in this case prior to its acquisition by Altria….We have no current intention to settle cases like this in the future.”

Historically, the tobacco industry has fiercely defended itself in the courts. And for decades, it denied that tobacco is addictive or a health risk. More recently, it has maintained that people know the risks of tobacco and they should take personal responsibility if they use it.  In the industry, a no-settlement rule is standard.

But Bobby Hill, said Ponvert, “was an almost ideal client. Bobby Hill was 13 years old when he started using. He became addicted to this product when he was a child, long before warning labels were put on [packages] in 1987.” That fact, Ponvert said, “destroyed any personal responsibility-type defense that the industry likes to use.”  The defendant retained five defense firms, including New York-based Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher  Flohm, and Winston  Strawn, with local counsel duties handled by Wiggin and Dana, in New Haven.
Attorney David S. Golub, of StamfordÂ’s Silver, Golub  Teitel, has handled other lawsuits against the tobacco industry, and was clearly impressed by the Altria settlement.

“This is unprecedented and amazing. There has never been, to my knowledge, a time when a tobacco company has settled a case. It’s fabulous lawyering, and a wonderful result,” Golub told the Law Tribune. “Every tobacco company fights tooth and nail, because they’re afraid that if they settle one case, they can never again say they won’t settle. This is groundbreaking.”

Smokeless tobacco, or snuff, comes in small cans and is sold under brand names such as Skoal or Copenhagen. It comes in a variety of “cuts,” which describe the lengths of the tobacco strands. The tobacco sits between the user’s cheek and gum. It’s different from chewing tobacco, which is a much longer cut that is literally chewed.

One previous snuff case has gone to trial. An Oklahoma plaintiff, Sean Marsee, contracted mouth cancer in the late 1980s after five years of chewing tobacco use, and USST medical experts testified that tumors caused by “dipping snuff” took 20 years to develop. The suit seeking $147 million resulted in a defense verdict for USST.

“Bobby Hill used for 20 years, so we would have been able to use their experts in the Marsee case against them here,” said Ponvert.   The attorney said the needs of Hill’s widow and two children, 11 and 14, made a settlement for $5 million seem like a wiser course than holding out for more at trial – or maybe nothing. The process of reaching the settlement stage was long and rocky, requiring extensive discovery work and research.

In a 2002 deposition, USST Chairman and CEO Louis Bantle was questioned in another case, and he explained why some 12 million documents in USST files were stamped confidential. Under oath, he conceded they didn’t contain formulas or other business secrets. “A couple of years ago,” Bantle said, “a whole lot of lawyers came to company headquarters and they stamped ‘confidential’ on every single document we had in our possession, whether they were or not.” Ponvert said discovery was challenging, “for the opposite reason one would think.” The plaintiffs “got half a million pages of documents, which made searching them quite interesting. We found some stuff that was out of this world.”

Letters From Children
Some of the most significant material, said Ponvert, was in a cache of internal correspondence from young customers, aged 9 to 18, written between1978 and 1985.   “We found about 50 letters from children to the company, and children’s letters would say, `I am 9 [or 10, 11, 14 or 15] years old, and have been using your product.” The kids had complaints and suggestions. “One was, ‘Please don’t raise the price on Skoal, because I only get $5 in allowance, and can’t afford the seven cans a week that I need,’” Ponvert recounted. “They’d say, ‘I really like the mint flavor, could you make it in a different cut?’

Those letters would be sent to the United States Smokeless Tobacco headquarters in Greenwich. According to the lawyers, a letter would be back to the child saying: “Thank you for your comments. We’ll consider your suggestions, and here are five free cans of Skoal.”   After it became illegal to send tobacco to children in the late 1980s, the company sent young teens complimentary can openers and lids to keep their snuff moist and fresh.

Company correspondence supported a plan to introduce candy-flavored Skoal “Bandits” to hook young customers. “Bandits” are ground tobacco and flavorings placed in a tea bag-like fabric, with less nicotine so the beginner wouldn’t get too sick, Ponvert said.

“They had this very Machiavellian strategy to entice people into the market and keep them as they became more tolerant to the drug,” he said. “It’s well known that the average age for starting to use smokeless tobacco is between 9 and 11 years old. So it’s a product that’s designed for kids, and is being used by and sold to kids.”

Altria Group obtained USST in 2009. On the Altria web site, the company emphasizes its commitment to prevent underage children from purchasing tobacco products. Its charts show the use of smoking tobacco products is declining. However, smokeless tobacco products remain popular, and may be on the rise, the charts indicate.
In some quarters, smokeless tobacco is touted as a less-lethal way to consume tobacco than smoking. But, Ponvert said, young people need to comprehend fully the potentially gruesome results.

“One of our experts described dying by mouth cancer as `death by autopsy,’” Ponvert said. “Literally, over a 10- or 12-month period, your face just falls away. At first, [Hill] lost part of his tongue. Then they took his whole tongue. Then it takes part of your jaw, and your cheeks and your gums. Then the tumor wound its way around his carotid artery and he died.” •
Jones-ing for a dip right now and started reading through some of the literature. This is fucking dead-on. Read this and you will stay quit.
Yep. The tobacco companies could give a shit less about you, your family, friends or anyone else for that matter. You are money to them, that is all. They happily ignore the fact that their products kill its users. They just look for young healthy kids to start another cycle.

NEVER AGAIN for any reason !!
Bump.

If that makes you sick, Ag, check out the letters from children.
Horrible. That's why I was arguing their culpability awhile back. Free will is one thing but this is downright wrong.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Jman
Newbies,
    If you are having trouble staying quit or deciding if you want to quit then read the article below. 

Make sure you pay attention to the tactics used by Big Tobacco... For fuck sake sending kids ( 9, 10, 11...years old ) free cans ?  Making Cherry flavored tobacco with less Nic so the kids could " get used" to the product. 

Hard to believe I gave those fucks as much of my money as I did..  NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON !!!

Tobacco Company Pays $5M In Groundbreaking Case

Settlement is nationÂ’s first involving smokeless product
By THOMAS B. SCHEFFEY

Kelly June Hill, Executrix, et al. v. U.S. Smokeless Tobacco: The Altria Group, successor to tobacco marketer United States Smokeless Tobacco of Greenwich, has settled for $5 million a lawsuit filed by the estate of a North Carolina man who died of tongue cancer.

The worker, Bobby Hill, initially went to an Ashville, N.C., lawyer, who referred his case to BridgeportÂ’s Koskoff, Koskoff  Bieder. Partners Antonio Ponvert III and Christopher Bernard launched a state court wrongful death action in Connecticut.
From the beginning, Ponvert said, Hill and his family wanted to draw attention to the danger of “dipping snuff” and to discourage youngsters from starting its addictive use.

“It’s the first time a plaintiff has won a wrongful death chewing tobacco verdict or settlement in the history of the industry,” said Ponvert. Altria, based in Richmond, Va., also owns Philip Morris, and has a corporate policy of not settling any individual consumer cases, he added.  Altria Group spokesman Steve Callahan said, “U.S. Smokeless Tobacco is honoring an agreement it made in this case prior to its acquisition by Altria….We have no current intention to settle cases like this in the future.”

Historically, the tobacco industry has fiercely defended itself in the courts. And for decades, it denied that tobacco is addictive or a health risk. More recently, it has maintained that people know the risks of tobacco and they should take personal responsibility if they use it.  In the industry, a no-settlement rule is standard.

But Bobby Hill, said Ponvert, “was an almost ideal client. Bobby Hill was 13 years old when he started using. He became addicted to this product when he was a child, long before warning labels were put on [packages] in 1987.” That fact, Ponvert said, “destroyed any personal responsibility-type defense that the industry likes to use.”  The defendant retained five defense firms, including New York-based Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher  Flohm, and Winston  Strawn, with local counsel duties handled by Wiggin and Dana, in New Haven.
Attorney David S. Golub, of StamfordÂ’s Silver, Golub  Teitel, has handled other lawsuits against the tobacco industry, and was clearly impressed by the Altria settlement.

“This is unprecedented and amazing. There has never been, to my knowledge, a time when a tobacco company has settled a case. It’s fabulous lawyering, and a wonderful result,” Golub told the Law Tribune. “Every tobacco company fights tooth and nail, because they’re afraid that if they settle one case, they can never again say they won’t settle. This is groundbreaking.”

Smokeless tobacco, or snuff, comes in small cans and is sold under brand names such as Skoal or Copenhagen. It comes in a variety of “cuts,” which describe the lengths of the tobacco strands. The tobacco sits between the user’s cheek and gum. It’s different from chewing tobacco, which is a much longer cut that is literally chewed.

One previous snuff case has gone to trial. An Oklahoma plaintiff, Sean Marsee, contracted mouth cancer in the late 1980s after five years of chewing tobacco use, and USST medical experts testified that tumors caused by “dipping snuff” took 20 years to develop. The suit seeking $147 million resulted in a defense verdict for USST.

“Bobby Hill used for 20 years, so we would have been able to use their experts in the Marsee case against them here,” said Ponvert.   The attorney said the needs of Hill’s widow and two children, 11 and 14, made a settlement for $5 million seem like a wiser course than holding out for more at trial – or maybe nothing. The process of reaching the settlement stage was long and rocky, requiring extensive discovery work and research.

In a 2002 deposition, USST Chairman and CEO Louis Bantle was questioned in another case, and he explained why some 12 million documents in USST files were stamped confidential. Under oath, he conceded they didn’t contain formulas or other business secrets. “A couple of years ago,” Bantle said, “a whole lot of lawyers came to company headquarters and they stamped ‘confidential’ on every single document we had in our possession, whether they were or not.” Ponvert said discovery was challenging, “for the opposite reason one would think.” The plaintiffs “got half a million pages of documents, which made searching them quite interesting. We found some stuff that was out of this world.”

Letters From Children
Some of the most significant material, said Ponvert, was in a cache of internal correspondence from young customers, aged 9 to 18, written between1978 and 1985.   “We found about 50 letters from children to the company, and children’s letters would say, `I am 9 [or 10, 11, 14 or 15] years old, and have been using your product.” The kids had complaints and suggestions. “One was, ‘Please don’t raise the price on Skoal, because I only get $5 in allowance, and can’t afford the seven cans a week that I need,’” Ponvert recounted. “They’d say, ‘I really like the mint flavor, could you make it in a different cut?’

Those letters would be sent to the United States Smokeless Tobacco headquarters in Greenwich. According to the lawyers, a letter would be back to the child saying: “Thank you for your comments. We’ll consider your suggestions, and here are five free cans of Skoal.”   After it became illegal to send tobacco to children in the late 1980s, the company sent young teens complimentary can openers and lids to keep their snuff moist and fresh.

Company correspondence supported a plan to introduce candy-flavored Skoal “Bandits” to hook young customers. “Bandits” are ground tobacco and flavorings placed in a tea bag-like fabric, with less nicotine so the beginner wouldn’t get too sick, Ponvert said.

“They had this very Machiavellian strategy to entice people into the market and keep them as they became more tolerant to the drug,” he said. “It’s well known that the average age for starting to use smokeless tobacco is between 9 and 11 years old. So it’s a product that’s designed for kids, and is being used by and sold to kids.”

Altria Group obtained USST in 2009. On the Altria web site, the company emphasizes its commitment to prevent underage children from purchasing tobacco products. Its charts show the use of smoking tobacco products is declining. However, smokeless tobacco products remain popular, and may be on the rise, the charts indicate.
In some quarters, smokeless tobacco is touted as a less-lethal way to consume tobacco than smoking. But, Ponvert said, young people need to comprehend fully the potentially gruesome results.

“One of our experts described dying by mouth cancer as `death by autopsy,’” Ponvert said. “Literally, over a 10- or 12-month period, your face just falls away. At first, [Hill] lost part of his tongue. Then they took his whole tongue. Then it takes part of your jaw, and your cheeks and your gums. Then the tumor wound its way around his carotid artery and he died.” •
Jones-ing for a dip right now and started reading through some of the literature. This is fucking dead-on. Read this and you will stay quit.
Yep. The tobacco companies could give a shit less about you, your family, friends or anyone else for that matter. You are money to them, that is all. They happily ignore the fact that their products kill its users. They just look for young healthy kids to start another cycle.

NEVER AGAIN for any reason !!
Bump.

If that makes you sick, Ag, check out the letters from children.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Here is a new batch of quotes from the death dealers at Big Tobacco. Newbs, if you ever doubted that you were targeted at a young age you can remove those questions, you were !! Their product was enhanced to hook and keep you. Their marketing was aimed at you early in life.

When you struggle to remain quit, come to this page and study how big tobacco operates. Notice the language used and decide no matter what you will never give another cent of your money to these people.

They sell a product that kills its consumers. They know it, and the plan for it. " lost through normal attrition" that means replacing customers who died...

NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON !!

Philip Morris (Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Benson  Hedges)
"Smoking a cigarette for the beginner is a symbolic act. . . . 'I am no longer my mother's child, I'm tough, I am an adventurer, I'm not square.' . . . As the force from the psychological symbolism subsides, the pharmacological effect takes over to sustain the habit."
1969 draft report "Why One Smokes" to the PM board of directors prepared by Osdene'department. Document Bates No. 1003287836

"Long after adolescent preoccupation with self-image has subsided, the cigarette will even preempt food in times of scarcity on the smoker's priority list."
November 26, 1969 presentation to the PM Board of Directors, "Smoker Psychology Research."
Bates No. 1000273741

"We are not sure that anything can be done to halt a major exodus if one gets going among the young. This group follows the crowd, and we don't pretend to know what gets them going for one thing or another . . . Certainly Philip Morris should continue efforts for Marlboro in the youth market, but perhaps as
strongly as possible aimed at the white market rather than attempting to encompass blacks as well."
July 1974 Roper Organization report for Philip Morris, "A Study of Smoking Habits Among Young
Smokers." Bates No. 2024921279

"Marlboro's phenomenal growth rate in the past has been attributable in large part to our high market penetration among young smokers ... 15 to 19 years old . . . my own data, which includes younger
teenagers, shows even higher Marlboro market penetration among 15-17-year-olds."
May 21, 1975 report " The Decline in the Rate of Growth of Marlboro Red" from PM researcher
Myron E. Johnston to Robert B. Seligman. Bates No. 2022849875-9880

"It is important to know as much as possible about teenage smoking patterns and attitudes. Today's teenager is tomorrow's potential regular customer and the overwhelming majority of smokers first begin to smoke while in their teens. . . . The smoking patterns of teen-agers are particularly important to Philip
Morris. . . the share index is highest in the youngest group for all Marlboro and Virginia Slims packings. At least a part of the success of Marlboro Red during its most rapid growth period was because it became the brand of choice among teenagers who then stuck with it as they grew older. " March 31, 1981 market research report on young smokers titled "Young Smokers Prevalence,
Trends, Implications, and Related Demographic Trends," written by Philip Morris researcher
Myron E. Johnston and approved by Carolyn Levy and Harry Daniel. Bates No. 1000390803

"We will no longer be able to rely on a rapidly increasing pool of teenagers from which to replace smokers through lost normal attrition. . . Because of our high share of the market among the youngest smokers Philip Morris will suffer more than the other companies from the decline in the number of teenage smokers."
March 31, 1981 market research report on young smokers titled "Young Smokers Prevalence, Trends, Implications, and Related Demographic Trends," written by Philip Morris researcher
Myron E. Johnston and approved by Carolyn Levy and Harry Daniel. Bates No. 1000390803

"I have just received data on the graduating class of 1982 and the results are much more encouraging and corroborate the Roper data [a survey that tracked track smoking trends] . . . These data show that
smoking prevalence among these 18-year-old high school seniors has increased from 1981 to 1982."
February 19, 1983 Philip Morris interoffice memo, "Still More on Trends in Cigarette Smoking
Prevalence." Bates No. 2022849870

“The ability to attract new smokers and develop them into a young adult franchise is key to brand development.”
1999 Philip Morris report, "Five-Year Trends 1988-1992." Bates No. 2044895379-484
Sickens me reading that...

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Congrats on 700.

I have read your thread a couple times----your journey has helped me through some rough days. Thanks for sharing it.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
Nice work brother.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Very nice, Greg. Thanks for all you do here.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Day 700

It has been a long time since I put anything on this page. Life has gotten very busy for me with the new job, moving, putting the house on the market, travel etc.

The one thing that remains constant on a daily basis for me is checking in here and posting roll. No matter what else happens I make sure to post my word.

I wanted to post in here my sincere thanks to all of you, vets and newbs alike. This site has given me 700 days free and for that I cannot say thank you enough.

Hopefully my life will slow down soon and I can get back in here more often but for now a daily roll post and an occasional stop into chat keeps me quit.

Thanks again !!
STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Here is a new batch of quotes from the death dealers at Big Tobacco. Newbs, if you ever doubted that you were targeted at a young age you can remove those questions, you were !! Their product was enhanced to hook and keep you. Their marketing was aimed at you early in life.

When you struggle to remain quit, come to this page and study how big tobacco operates. Notice the language used and decide no matter what you will never give another cent of your money to these people.

They sell a product that kills its consumers. They know it, and the plan for it. " lost through normal attrition" that means replacing customers who died...

NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON !!

Philip Morris (Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Benson  Hedges)
"Smoking a cigarette for the beginner is a symbolic act. . . . 'I am no longer my mother's child, I'm tough, I am an adventurer, I'm not square.' . . . As the force from the psychological symbolism subsides, the pharmacological effect takes over to sustain the habit."
1969 draft report "Why One Smokes" to the PM board of directors prepared by Osdene'department. Document Bates No. 1003287836

"Long after adolescent preoccupation with self-image has subsided, the cigarette will even preempt food in times of scarcity on the smoker's priority list."
November 26, 1969 presentation to the PM Board of Directors, "Smoker Psychology Research."
Bates No. 1000273741

"We are not sure that anything can be done to halt a major exodus if one gets going among the young. This group follows the crowd, and we don't pretend to know what gets them going for one thing or another . . . Certainly Philip Morris should continue efforts for Marlboro in the youth market, but perhaps as
strongly as possible aimed at the white market rather than attempting to encompass blacks as well."
July 1974 Roper Organization report for Philip Morris, "A Study of Smoking Habits Among Young
Smokers." Bates No. 2024921279

"Marlboro's phenomenal growth rate in the past has been attributable in large part to our high market penetration among young smokers ... 15 to 19 years old . . . my own data, which includes younger
teenagers, shows even higher Marlboro market penetration among 15-17-year-olds."
May 21, 1975 report " The Decline in the Rate of Growth of Marlboro Red" from PM researcher
Myron E. Johnston to Robert B. Seligman. Bates No. 2022849875-9880

"It is important to know as much as possible about teenage smoking patterns and attitudes. Today's teenager is tomorrow's potential regular customer and the overwhelming majority of smokers first begin to smoke while in their teens. . . . The smoking patterns of teen-agers are particularly important to Philip
Morris. . . the share index is highest in the youngest group for all Marlboro and Virginia Slims packings. At least a part of the success of Marlboro Red during its most rapid growth period was because it became the brand of choice among teenagers who then stuck with it as they grew older. " March 31, 1981 market research report on young smokers titled "Young Smokers Prevalence,
Trends, Implications, and Related Demographic Trends," written by Philip Morris researcher

"We will no longer be able to rely on a rapidly increasing pool of teenagers from which to replace smokers through lost normal attrition. . . Because of our high share of the market among the youngest smokers Philip Morris will suffer more than the other companies from the decline in the number of teenage smokers."
March 31, 1981 market research report on young smokers titled "Young Smokers Prevalence, Trends, Implications, and Related Demographic Trends," written by Philip Morris researcher

"I have just received data on the graduating class of 1982 and the results are much more encouraging and corroborate the Roper data [a survey that tracked track smoking trends] . . . These data show that
smoking prevalence among these 18-year-old high school seniors has increased from 1981 to 1982."
February 19, 1983 Philip Morris interoffice memo, "Still More on Trends in Cigarette Smoking
Prevalence." Bates No. 2022849870

“The ability to attract new smokers and develop them into a young adult franchise is key to brand development.”
1999 Philip Morris report, "Five-Year Trends 1988-1992." Bates No. 2044895379-484

Offline rebeldog

• Quit Pro
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
Good Afternoon quitters.

For those that may not know I recently accepted a position at a new company. It is a promotion and will get me closer to my family, so it is a VERY GOOD thing. I will be living in the Forth Worth area so I expect to get to meet up with many Texas quitters. I will not officially arrive in Fort Worth until the first of August I would guess.

For those of you that I have given my number to that was my old company cell number and is no longer working. I have a new cell so if you want my number again please PM me and I will gladly pass it along as I always have.

I will continue to post daily even if I have to have someone post for me. I no longer have my laptop either ( company kept it ) and I will not get my new one until the 11th of this month. For the time being I am waiting for my wife to give me a few minutes a day on her computer.

It is a stessful but exciting time and I am currently "de-cluttering" my house. Which means I am throwing away 7 years of accumulated shit.

Just wanted everyone to know where I am right now since my time on the site will be limited for the next couple of weeks anyway.

STAY QUIT
Greg
Aww hell. Welcome to Texas!
'ODT'
You will never grow taller than when you stoop to help a brother. - The Varlet

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Good Afternoon quitters.

For those that may not know I recently accepted a position at a new company. It is a promotion and will get me closer to my family, so it is a VERY GOOD thing. I will be living in the Forth Worth area so I expect to get to meet up with many Texas quitters. I will not officially arrive in Fort Worth until the first of August I would guess.

For those of you that I have given my number to that was my old company cell number and is no longer working. I have a new cell so if you want my number again please PM me and I will gladly pass it along as I always have.

I will continue to post daily even if I have to have someone post for me. I no longer have my laptop either ( company kept it ) and I will not get my new one until the 11th of this month. For the time being I am waiting for my wife to give me a few minutes a day on her computer.

It is a stessful but exciting time and I am currently "de-cluttering" my house. Which means I am throwing away 7 years of accumulated shit.

Just wanted everyone to know where I am right now since my time on the site will be limited for the next couple of weeks anyway.

STAY QUIT
Greg
:)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Congratulations on the new job Greg! Good luck with that and the move!

Proud to be quit with you,

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Good Afternoon quitters.

STAY QUIT
Greg