Author Topic: Intro newbee  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Wade

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro newbee
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
Going on 2 months quit and feeling pretty good.  Thank GOD I found this site! saved my LIFE!  End of the first month was pretty tough, not sure why just was.  Missed roll twice this month.  No excuses (out of town and sick) should have txt one of my brothers to post for me!  Just want to thank all my DEC 13 brothers and everyone else who helped me through the toughest part " the first few weeks".  My quit is stronger than ever, never ever ever going back, not for anything ever!

It's FRIDAY and I'm feeling good!
Great job!!! Keep up the quit. I quit with you today!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
Quote from: enslavedbyskoal19yrs
Going on 2 months quit and feeling pretty good. Thank GOD I found this site! saved my LIFE! End of the first month was pretty tough, not sure why just was. Missed roll twice this month. No excuses (out of town and sick) should have txt one of my brothers to post for me! Just want to thank all my DEC 13 brothers and everyone else who helped me through the toughest part " the first few weeks". My quit is stronger than ever, never ever ever going back, not for anything ever!

Congrats on 2 months!! Isn't that huge?? Did you ever think it was possible before? Awesome work!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Going on 2 months quit and feeling pretty good. Thank GOD I found this site! saved my LIFE! End of the first month was pretty tough, not sure why just was. Missed roll twice this month. No excuses (out of town and sick) should have txt one of my brothers to post for me! Just want to thank all my DEC 13 brothers and everyone else who helped me through the toughest part " the first few weeks". My quit is stronger than ever, never ever ever going back, not for anything ever!

Don't focus at all on the missed roll posts for yourself, seldom do people maintain 100% roll post. What is most important is that you continue to stay quit.

I love how most of you recently have been extremely active and are using the forum as it should be. Continue to focus on today, let tomorrow wait and remember that yesterday is in the past.

Two months is quite an achievement and you should be proud of yourself. The siren Nic Bitch has been unsuccessful in calling you back. I am proud to quit with you any day that ends in "Y".

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline enslavedbyskoal19yrs

• Quitter
    • www.killthecan.org
  • Interests: Kill'n The Can every day all day!
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »

Quit Date: 08/25/13
HOF Date: 12/02/13

HOF SPEECH

Intro

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
"When the time to perform arrives, the time to prepare has passed!"

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
This is from additional resources- there is some really good stuff there to check out

Chewing dreams are common if not universal among ex-chewers. It is especially common when a person is off a short time period, and if it occurs within days or weeks of quitting, it is likely to be extremely disturbing and very realistic. Realistic enough in fact that the ex-dipper will wake-up smelling and tasting a chew, convinced that he or she has actually chewed.

The dream can be interpreted in one of two ways upon awakening, and quite often, the ex-Chewer takes it as a sign that they actually want to chew. After all, they had been off chewing and just dreamt about it that means they want to chew, right?

I used to get calls in the middle of the night for clinic participants panicked by the dream. They would start off saying, “They can’t believe it, off all this time and they still want to chew.” They knew they wanted to chew because they dreamt about it. I would then ask them to describe the dream. They would tell about the vividness and realism, and they would almost always say it started to take on a nightmarish proportion. They would wake up in a sweat, often crying, thinking that they just chewed and blew the whole thing, that they were now back to square one. That all that time off chewing was wasted.

As soon as they would finish describing their feelings, I pointed out one very obvious fact. They just dreamt they chewed and assumed that meant that they wanted to chew. They woke up and upon further clarification, they describe the dream was a nightmare. This is not the dream of someone who wants to chew; it is the dream of someone who is afraid of chewing. This is a legitimate fear considering the ex-dipper is fighting a powerful and deadly addiction. Hence, it is a legitimate dream too. It kind of gives you a sense of how bad you would feel if you actually do go back to chewing. Not physically speaking but psychologically. If the dream is a nightmare it makes you realize how bad this feeling is without having to actually have chewed and fallen into the grasp of nicotine addiction again. It can give you some perspective about how important not chewing is to your mental health.

The dangerous dream is when you chew a whole can in it, have the aching gums and tongue sores, get socially ostracized, develop some horrible illness, end up on your death bed about to let out your final live breath—and all of a sudden wake up with a smile on your face and say, “that was great, wish I could do that when I am awake.” As long as that is not the dream you were having, I wouldn’t let myself get to discouraged by it. In regards to chewing, no matter what you do in your dreams you will be OK as long as you remember in your waking state to Never Take Another Chew
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

• Quitter
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Had my first Dip dream last night......

The most real dream I think I've ever had.....I could taste it, could feel the nic, ....when I woke up....

I was Embarrassed, pissed, confused and full of guilt.

WOW!!!!

HOF SPEECH

Intro

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Nice to see that I didn't type all the info I did in your intro for nothing. Check your BP if that is normal then you may still be rewiring. You didn't fuck yourself up overnight you are not going to right yourself overnight either. I will promise you this as you continue it gets better I would even say it gets fucking great. All my labs have turned around I feel wonderful, not to mention the time with my family I have gained on two fronts with them in life and presence. money saved no panic attack wondering if meetings are gonna go too long that my cells will start screaming or if I can gut it the whole time. no planning how I will go home to ensure I hit a store to buy my fix....

Headaches and gut probs minimal bro compared to having a huge cancer cut out of you. Keep up the good work embrace all these issues there is another side.

PM if you need anything.
T
I'm THRILLED to see you fightin' the good fight, Enslaved. As is common, Trauma hit the nail on the head and I can only nod and clap in his wake.

I felt a major change at about day 40 or so. The thirties were gloomy. I would recommend that you do something to strengthen your quit today, whether it's further involving your wife, printing out the contract to quit, finding another layer of accountability... we're not out of the woods by any stretch.

QLF ODAAT
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

• Quitter
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
Thanks T!!!

You're right....took me a long time to get this fuk'd up!!! Go'n to take a while to straight'n up.

HOF SPEECH

Intro

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
Nice to see that I didn't type all the info I did in your intro for nothing. Check your BP if that is normal then you may still be rewiring. You didn't fuck yourself up overnight you are not going to right yourself overnight either. I will promise you this as you continue it gets better I would even say it gets fucking great. All my labs have turned around I feel wonderful, not to mention the time with my family I have gained on two fronts with them in life and presence. money saved no panic attack wondering if meetings are gonna go too long that my cells will start screaming or if I can gut it the whole time. no planning how I will go home to ensure I hit a store to buy my fix....

Headaches and gut probs minimal bro compared to having a huge cancer cut out of you. Keep up the good work embrace all these issues there is another side.

PM if you need anything.
T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

• Quitter
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
As the end of my third week draws near, I have seen my sleeping habits return to normal (for the most part). My bowls are starting to straighten out (finally). Still eating everything I can get my hands on. My headache are actually starting to increase???

My craves are decreasing, however when I do have them they are BAAAAAD! Still finding that I think about dipping alot....alot....alot!!!

Thanks to everyone hear for their help and support the last 3 weeks. Quiting ODAAT!!!!

HOF SPEECH

Intro

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Borrowed this from "Keddy"

Especially like # 10

Some things I have learned about quitting:

1. When we build accountability with our group and with those who support us, the strength of our quit increases exponentially.

2. We quit because we want our lives back and are tired of being enslaved by nicotine.

3. There is no legitimate excuse not to quit right now.

4. Nicotine never helped me deal with anything; it only created an addiction, a void, that I needed to fill.

5. I can do anything better without nicotine than with nicotine.

6. If someone helped me to quit, I have a responsibility to help someone else do the same.

7. Channel your hate for dip into the positive energy required to quit.

8. If I need to wait until tomorrow to quit, I don't want to quit enough.

9. There is tremendous reward after the suck!!

10. It helps to talk back to my addiction. Yeah, others may think you're strange, but when you're tempted at the convenience store, just tell dip to go to hell (quietly), and walk out.

Thanks Keddy....reading what others have gone through really helps.

Especially like #1  #6. If you can work through the first bit with a real desire to do this, you'll quickly find yourself surrounded by guys who support you  others who you can lend support to as well. Not even 2 weeks in  with all the accountability  all new friends expecting the best well...

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! :D

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »
REMEMBER THIS SHIT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!

Embrace it now keep this in your head NAFAR
NEVER
AGAIN
FOR
ANY
REASON

Keep that playing in the back of your head that there is nothing worth ever going through this shit again.

PM me if you need numbers

Have emergency plan in place for this weekend stay way from BOOZE
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 08:00:00 AM »
One day at a time. I quit with you today.

• Quitter
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Borrowed this from "Keddy"

Especially like # 10

Some things I have learned about quitting:

1. When we build accountability with our group and with those who support us, the strength of our quit increases exponentially.

2. We quit because we want our lives back and are tired of being enslaved by nicotine.

3. There is no legitimate excuse not to quit right now.

4. Nicotine never helped me deal with anything; it only created an addiction, a void, that I needed to fill.

5. I can do anything better without nicotine than with nicotine.

6. If someone helped me to quit, I have a responsibility to help someone else do the same.

7. Channel your hate for dip into the positive energy required to quit.

8. If I need to wait until tomorrow to quit, I don't want to quit enough.

9. There is tremendous reward after the suck!!

10. It helps to talk back to my addiction. Yeah, others may think you're strange, but when you're tempted at the convenience store, just tell dip to go to hell (quietly), and walk out.

Thanks Keddy....reading what others have gone through really helps.

HOF SPEECH

Intro

Offline nebraskadad58

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Awoke with intense crave and my first headache. Hoping headache is just sinus and not quit related.

Here's to day 5... time to get verticle...
EBS,

drink loads of H20!! it will help with the headaches, avoid caffeine and sugary stuff.

I could go into to the metabolic details, but won't

Hang on man the worst is nearly over. Don't cave. Ride that Suck and remember it so as to not have a repeat performance!! 'zombie' 'zombie'
Quit Day - May 6 2013
Sobriety Date: January 6, 1986