Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 7164 times)

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 2
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Ya I fucked up. I remember how good unfelt after like 20 days of quitting I want that feeling forever. I ain't gona cave this time.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 628
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Winter
1. How did it happen? Was taking vyvanse and it is my trigger.
2. Why did it happen? Because the meds I was takin make you want to dip so bad.
3. What am I going to do different to prevent it from happening again? I threw out the vyvanse. I'm going to start a few projects around the house to keep me busy. Also ill have a baby girl coming into the world this November. I'm gona fight through it with some help

So here we go day 1
So one of the side effects or reactions of taking vyvanse is that it will drive down to the C-store, buy a can of legalized cancer, pack said poison weed and stuff it in your pie hole?

Come on man, we're all addicts here and can see through that 'excuse'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
1. How did it happen? Was taking vyvanse and it is my trigger.
2. Why did it happen? Because the meds I was takin make you want to dip so bad.
3. What am I going to do different to prevent it from happening again? I threw out the vyvanse. I'm going to start a few projects around the house to keep me busy. Also ill have a baby girl coming into the world this November. I'm gona fight through it with some help

So here we go day 1
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
1. How did it happen?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What am I going to do different to prevent it from happening again?
Don't think of letting today go by without answering those questions fully and truthfully. In November, we take our quit seriously and are going to make damn sure you do to. Now put your big boy underwear on and own up to what happened to make sure that this time, you get your permanent quit on.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
1. How did it happen?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What am I going to do different to prevent it from happening again?
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
Damn bro that makes me not love that shit at all. It just aint worth it. Thanks for new insight.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
Quote from: mich
Hell yeah. I bought a metal detector to cure my outburst. It keeps me occupied. I just want to be completely rid of dip, for one reason. I love to challenge myself in getting rid of things that I love. It's weird I know but that's how I am. Thanks for the comments. It really does help I think
Do yourself a favor, if you haven't read the Kern story read it now. Here it is. I think it might help with the mindset you'll need. I think it's worth your time if you want to quit because of the "get rid of things I love" comment in your last post here. After you finish the read ask yourself if you "love" shit in a can that can lead you down the same path. I'm not saying you must be the biggest anti-UST person around to quit but if you have the mindset that you are here to quit something you love the chance of it sticking can't be very good... Nice quit you've got going - now work and make it even stronger!
mich 34 is right: you've got a good thing going, and that at some point you need to rethink the "love" part of your relationship with nicotine. I'm not a great 'splainer, and syndrome spells better than me, so I'll leave it to you to poke around the site and dig out some nuggets of wisdom about "loving nicotine."

Bottom line is that as you start to be able to think somewhat clearly again, be aware of all the shit that you used to do for dip, and what it gave you in return. Then re-assess the "love". This is just one post of many on here that help you understand what dumbasses we all were when we said (and we all did) that we "loved" dip.

Again, nice job sticking with the program and keeping your word. I know it has been hard. Keep it up. It gets WAY better.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Hell yeah. I bought a metal detector to cure my outburst. It keeps me occupied. I just want to be completely rid of dip, for one reason. I love to challenge myself in getting rid of things that I love. It's weird I know but that's how I am. Thanks for the comments. It really does help I think
Do yourself a favor, if you haven't read the Kern story read it now. Here it is. I think it might help with the mindset you'll need. I think it's worth your time if you want to quit because of the "get rid of things I love" comment in your last post here. After you finish the read ask yourself if you "love" shit in a can that can lead you down the same path. I'm not saying you must be the biggest anti-UST person around to quit but if you have the mindset that you are here to quit something you love the chance of it sticking can't be very good... Nice quit you've got going - now work and make it even stronger!
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
No problem. Thanks. It is funny how aware I am of other people dipping now. Just had a big ol plate of BBQ and some sweet tea and after we was done 2 co workers threw in a big ol wod of shit between there cheek n gum. I had to quickly get back to my machine where I could be alone and suck on a mint and vent on here. There I feel better already
Hey THANKS for being there yesterday! Remember what you told me seeds and get occupied with something else. This will work for us today we stay quit! and tomorrow you will be at a week. PM me if you need anything or pm me for my #
Stay strong Brother
Good job fellas. When i see friends getting a dip i feel sorry for them now They can't eat a meal without nicotine. They can't go to bed without nicotine. Most of them can't do anything without nicotine. diesel said something one time that sticks like glue. I wouldn't wish nicotine addiction on my worse enemy. When you see things like that, take it for what it is. You quit and they haven't, but should. You don't need it to enjoy yourselves, never did.
Glad to be quit with y'all.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
No problem. Thanks. It is funny how aware I am of other people dipping now. Just had a big ol plate of BBQ and some sweet tea and after we was done 2 co workers threw in a big ol wod of shit between there cheek n gum. I had to quickly get back to my machine where I could be alone and suck on a mint and vent on here. There I feel better already
Hey THANKS for being there yesterday! Remember what you told me seeds and get occupied with something else. This will work for us today we stay quit! and tomorrow you will be at a week. PM me if you need anything or pm me for my #
Stay strong Brother
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
Quit~December - 2 - 2013

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Good work Winter Green on Day 4. Nic should be out of your system. Now the battle against triggers (driving, fighting the the old lady, bad day at work, shitting, etc.) begins. In my opinion this is the battle that never ends.

Also, may I suggest that you keep posting in one of your three intro threads and no starting new ones each time.

Heller if you need anything. Remember to bring your rage here to us, and not to the innocent bystanders.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Gona try to be positive through this whole process!!! Brandon here on DAY 4 ( almost complete ). As I lay here in bed with a peppermint in my cheek ( usually a huge pinch of Copenhagen wintergreen long cut ). I'm thinking " this ain't so bad ". I think I'm having more struggles keeping my anger and energy bottled up towards the ol lady. Ok I'm just rambling. But anyways. Night # 4 for me and I'm bout to go to sleep ( NIC FReE ) for the first time in 13 years haha. That's crazy. P. S. been waking up anytime between 1:10am and 6 am every morning since I've been quit. Good luck everyone I'm gona stop babbling !!!!!!!
Congrats on day 4, its a hugh accomplishment. Any time you are feeling anger just come right here on this site and take it out on all of us instead of your wife, we can take it just fine. I will pm you my number and you can text or call me anytime you need to vent. Your sleep may take a bit to get back to normal; it took me over a month to sleep through the night. I felt like a baby the way I was waking up all through the night.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Gona try to be positive through this whole process!!! Brandon here on DAY 4 ( almost complete ). As I lay here in bed with a peppermint in my cheek ( usually a huge pinch of Copenhagen wintergreen long cut ). I'm thinking " this ain't so bad ". I think I'm having more struggles keeping my anger and energy bottled up towards the ol lady. Ok I'm just rambling. But anyways. Night # 4 for me and I'm bout to go to sleep ( NIC FReE ) for the first time in 13 years haha. That's crazy. P. S. been waking up anytime between 1:10am and 6 am every morning since I've been quit. Good luck everyone I'm gona stop babbling !!!!!!!
Quit~December - 2 - 2013