Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Kana, did you forget about us in the other quit group? Is everything alright? You just disappeared ;Ironman:
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Quote from: kana
Being nicotine free is like completing the Ironman, over  over  over again.. I have been on a long road my friends, and the scenery is getting really nice.. I've had to quit multiple addictions, and nicotine was by far the hardest, and most rewarding.. I say this to give you fuel.. It takes a special breed to do what we're doing.. people have no idea of the daily commitment  resolve it takes to win this race.. Don't look to (normal people) for a pat on the back.. They wouldn't make it the first mile. Only others on the same path will understand.. peace
True dat Kana. I was just speaking on this topic earlier this morning.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Being nicotine free is like completing the Ironman, over  over  over again.. I have been on a long road my friends, and the scenery is getting really nice.. I've had to quit multiple addictions, and nicotine was by far the hardest, and most rewarding.. I say this to give you fuel.. It takes a special breed to do what we're doing.. people have no idea of the daily commitment  resolve it takes to win this race.. Don't look to (normal people) for a pat on the back.. They wouldn't make it the first mile. Only others on the same path will understand.. peace
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Pinched
dentist yesterday - In the old days I just wouldn't go.. I knew what he would say, (your mouth looks like shit), and I was afraid of what he would find. This time I was excited to go, maybe to relieve myself, but in the back of my mind is always the dreaded C. I still have bumps in my mouth, so of course my thoughts where running wild. I hadn't seen him in 9 months due to the perio cutting the shit out of my mouth to fix the years of tobacco use. (2 surgeries) My hygienist was floored with the way my mouth looked (good). She hadn't seen me since early on in my quit. I had told her  dr. about ktc, for others that needed help, and they always ask how I'm doing. I told them over 500 days, and that felt REALLY good. The bumps turned out to be scar tissue, and he said everything healed nicely. ODAAT (thanks WT) is the recipe for success.
Stay quit  one day you'll be free.. peace
Amen, brother, well done sir!

Congrats on a good visit. Feel s good to see those cute little hygienists smile when they look in your mouth now doesn't it?
Great work!!!

Any truth to the rumor your dentist said, " you now have the whitest teeth I have ever cum across?"

:D
i always request katrina.. she's the only hygienist that rubs her tits on my head during cleaning.. :D
You should send me your dentists #!
Congrats kana on the good tooth report and the 500+ days. My hygienist is nice, but a real pig. :unsure:
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
dentist yesterday - In the old days I just wouldn't go.. I knew what he would say, (your mouth looks like shit), and I was afraid of what he would find. This time I was excited to go, maybe to relieve myself, but in the back of my mind is always the dreaded C. I still have bumps in my mouth, so of course my thoughts where running wild. I hadn't seen him in 9 months due to the perio cutting the shit out of my mouth to fix the years of tobacco use. (2 surgeries) My hygienist was floored with the way my mouth looked (good). She hadn't seen me since early on in my quit. I had told her  dr. about ktc, for others that needed help, and they always ask how I'm doing. I told them over 500 days, and that felt REALLY good. The bumps turned out to be scar tissue, and he said everything healed nicely. ODAAT (thanks WT) is the recipe for success.

Congrats on a good visit. Feel s good to see those cute little hygienists smile when they look in your mouth now doesn't it?
Great work!!!

Any truth to the rumor your dentist said, " you now have the whitest teeth I have ever cum across?"

i always request katrina.. she's the only hygienist that rubs her tits on my head during cleaning.. :D
You should send me your dentists #!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »

Great work!!!

we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »

Great work!!!

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Quote from: srans
All my life I thought there was something wrong with me.. My short sided temper has done me in on many occasion.. Some of the biggest let downs in my life, or transitional times have been due to the fact that I lost my cool.. Dropping fbombs to otherwise innocent people.. Namely my wife, son  family.. I could hear her telling my boy, don't worry about daddy he's just sick.. She's been saying that since he was old enough to listen.. I felt shamed because I couldn't control myself. I lost 2 great jobs due to my anger issues..
After years of listening to doctors that get kickbacks from drug companies, I decided to try a different approach.. I decided to try something the Dr.s NEVER prescribed.. being addiction free.. I tossed my last addiction 6 days ago and I simply feel cheated.. I have never felt better in my life.. the anger is goneÂ… Addicts are at their worst when they're coming down, and right after ingestion.. That's when your heart rate rises. By eliminating those I have set myself free. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I took my life in my own hands. Sure I feel the withdrawals, but I know these will go away.. Being 100% clean  exercise is all I needed to find my peace.. Please try these FIRST before you go to meds.. Some of the meds are more addictive  disruptive than you think.. I believed all the lies for too long..   Of all the crap I gave up NICOTINE was by far the hardest. Know that once you beat her down you can accomplish ANYTHING.
The only way I will increase my heart rate now is through exercise, any other way just isn't healthyÂ…go in peace
That's what i've realized through this kana. Beating nicotine addiction is just the beginning. I'm on this path with you brother. If I see you stumbling I'll help you get your footing and I expect the same from you.
Just when you need an inspirational kick in the pants. Thanks for the post Kana and every day I take a step towards being a better, more complete person...and I do it without dip. Feels great. Quit with you today brother.
Damn Kana my brother, you are taking this to the max.

when we join here at KTC, we have the main purpose of quitting nicotine and putting this addiction in check. What happens is we uncover and find out a lot about our self as we go through this process. Some find they need to stop other addictions (other drugs, alcohol), others find they replace the hole (for lack of a better word) with a positive action (exercise, other hobbies). And when we take this new found attitude from quitting and apply it to other aspects, it only makes us better.

So as I have seen in your thread here along with others, yes I am hooked now on exercise and am striving to get most of the alcohol out of my life.

You have inspired.

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
All my life I thought there was something wrong with me.. My short sided temper has done me in on many occasion.. Some of the biggest let downs in my life, or transitional times have been due to the fact that I lost my cool.. Dropping fbombs to otherwise innocent people.. Namely my wife, son  family.. I could hear her telling my boy, don't worry about daddy he's just sick.. She's been saying that since he was old enough to listen.. I felt shamed because I couldn't control myself. I lost 2 great jobs due to my anger issues..
After years of listening to doctors that get kickbacks from drug companies, I decided to try a different approach.. I decided to try something the Dr.s NEVER prescribed.. being addiction free.. I tossed my last addiction 6 days ago and I simply feel cheated.. I have never felt better in my life.. the anger is goneÂ… Addicts are at their worst when they're coming down, and right after ingestion.. That's when your heart rate rises. By eliminating those I have set myself free. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I took my life in my own hands. Sure I feel the withdrawals, but I know these will go away.. Being 100% clean  exercise is all I needed to find my peace.. Please try these FIRST before you go to meds.. Some of the meds are more addictive  disruptive than you think.. I believed all the lies for too long..  Of all the crap I gave up NICOTINE was by far the hardest. Know that once you beat her down you can accomplish ANYTHING.
The only way I will increase my heart rate now is through exercise, any other way just isn't healthyÂ…go in peace
That's what i've realized through this kana. Beating nicotine addiction is just the beginning. I'm on this path with you brother. If I see you stumbling I'll help you get your footing and I expect the same from you.
Just when you need an inspirational kick in the pants. Thanks for the post Kana and every day I take a step towards being a better, more complete person...and I do it without dip. Feels great. Quit with you today brother.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
After years of listening to doctors that get kickbacks from drug companies, I decided to try a different approach.. I decided to try something the Dr.s NEVER prescribed.. being addiction free.. I tossed my last addiction 6 days ago and I simply feel cheated.. I have never felt better in my life.. the anger is goneÂ… Addicts are at their worst when they're coming down, and right after ingestion.. That's when your heart rate rises. By eliminating those I have set myself free. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I took my life in my own hands. Sure I feel the withdrawals, but I know these will go away.. Being 100% clean  exercise is all I needed to find my peace.. Please try these FIRST before you go to meds.. Some of the meds are more addictive  disruptive than you think.. I believed all the lies for too long.. Of all the crap I gave up NICOTINE was by far the hardest. Know that once you beat her down you can accomplish ANYTHING.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
After years of listening to doctors that get kickbacks from drug companies, I decided to try a different approach.. I decided to try something the Dr.s NEVER prescribed.. being addiction free.. I tossed my last addiction 6 days ago and I simply feel cheated.. I have never felt better in my life.. the anger is goneÂ… Addicts are at their worst when they're coming down, and right after ingestion.. That's when your heart rate rises. By eliminating those I have set myself free. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I took my life in my own hands. Sure I feel the withdrawals, but I know these will go away.. Being 100% clean  exercise is all I needed to find my peace.. Please try these FIRST before you go to meds.. Some of the meds are more addictive  disruptive than you think.. I believed all the lies for too long.. Of all the crap I gave up NICOTINE was by far the hardest. Know that once you beat her down you can accomplish ANYTHING.
Awesome!!!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: cdmavs41
An American Purification- 10 years in the makingÂ…

I apologize for my absence, but I didn't feel I deserved to be here. I knew I had to post another day 1. The addict in me fought very hard, but in the end I surrendered, it's time to face my fears head on. it's time to bury selfishness once and for all..

Dec, 30th marks the day I finally take back control. Today is the first day I'm absolutely 100% free of all corruption. The lies have been flowing my entire life. It's been 3 months since I wrote on this page, and there's a reason it took so long. I've been lying to myself  once again i've entered a battle. I had that feeling in my gut again, and I needed it to go away. However this time it's different. This is my last battle because this will end my war for good.. The last 3 battles have made me a strong mother fucker, and I can no longer be defeated. Today I WILL ACTUALLY KILL THE FUCKING BEAR...

The story is simple, I'm an addict. Like all addicts if you remove something (DIP) (ALCOHOL) we will simply replace it. My addictions have run deep, but one by one they have fallen. For those of you who don't know me I will sum it up for you.

Everything I do is cold turkey. I want to feel the pain to remind me I'm alive.
I beat down the alcohol bitch 9 1/2 yrs ago, but dipped all day long to replace it. I made a promise to god I'd quit dip when my son was born. That was a lie. I continued dipping another 5 years. When I tried to quit on my own with a dr.'s help it lasted 8 months. They gave my fucked up depression  anxiety pills. I was on those a long time without telling anybody. One day I blacked out and hit my head on the concrete. I felt lucky to still be breathing, as I was home alone and have no idea how long I was out. It scared the shit out of my wife  son. I still felt like a reckless fool. Then dr. fuckhead decided to take me off those and give me medical marijuana. (Not a good idea for an addict) I was High the entire time during my dip quit. I felt guilty every time I came on here. I saw others with a way to vent, (alcohol) so I told myself I needed the weed, and it was ok. The dr. prescribed it, it must be ok. That's the addict coming up with excuses. That's proof that when it comes to addiction dr.'s don't know shit.. His way failed, This time I will take this in my own hands, and fight like the fucking Mongol I am. The body is amazing, with a strong mind it will heal itself...

All my life I've been searching for peace, but addictions have stood in the way. Many people just take a different route, but reel men remove the blockage, and carry on. Always move forward without side stepping. Be a man..

The signs were everywhere, the lord was telling me to pull my head out once and for all. He has been patient with me knowing what I'm going through, however I kept eating from his basket, and he finally said enough.
Inevitability can only be put off so long.

I now know why I'm here, I'm hear to finally receive the peace I crave. (Thanks KTC) I'm here to help others see the light. To tell others you don't have to go through all the suffering as I did. One day at a time to reach freedom.
Freedom isn't free, always remember that..

I decided the legacy I leave my son will be addiction free. This is the single most important thing I want to teach my son. The curse will end with me, and my legacy will be pure..

Today is my sons 7th birthday..

Today I'm 100% pure for the first time in 33 years.

Alcohol free - 08/15/2004
Tobacco free - 08/05/2012
Drug free - 12/30/2013

Happy Birthday Tanner, I love you...
'party2'
That was really a great thing to read dude! I'm really happy to see you back on the site, but I'm even more happy to read that your time spent away was a means to become even stronger and finally throw off that final yoke. I'll quit with you any day!
this made my day.

Am happy for you and will stand right beside you in any fight that we need to be in.
Kana, as you were with me one year ago in the early days of my quit, I am with you now on this journey.

Happy Birthday to your son. Tanner is lucky to have a father that is taking steps to better himself. I too have a 7 year old. And it is my hope and prayer that he and my other children do not have to make the same mistakes that I have made.

Quit on Kana.

Ryan
Kana and Ryan, congratulations to both of you. I waited a whole generation, my grandson just turned 6. It's taken me a long time to reach this point also but the past is gone and we may not see tomorrow but each of us are better men because we face our addictions and demons today. A huge part of recovery is reaching out and helping others. I'm not sure paying forward what I've received from so many here can ever be fulfilled.

Kana you sure drug that post out, I thought you were dropping a big cave on us and I couldn't believe it. A word of warning, you were right when you said we replace addictions with others and I'm still catching myself doing that. Until we face the demons that we all have we still fight recovery.
This is the truly tranformational work, when you try to get past not just the nic addiciton but addiction in general. Anyone doing it gets my respect. -- Looking deep- other addictions, and why any addiction? Hopefully once I get a little more temporal distance between me and nicotine I'll be able to jump into the topic a little deeper myself. Thanks for the openess and courage in the meantime- it helps everyone heal and grow to bring things from the dark to the light.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!