Author Topic: It's time  (Read 8766 times)

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: Jayhawk

Passed on Chiefs tickets this weekend with buddies because I knew I would be drinking and they would dipping.
This is the kind of sacrifice that a real quitter makes. Proud of you JayHawk. YOu have your quit front and center. There will come a time when that won't be a big issue, but right now, recognizing the evil dip trifecta of drinking/friends that dip/football, and making the choice to stay quit is important and inspiring.
I am proud to be quit with you.
PM me if you need another number.
I had two user names and switched to this one.

Went to Wal-Mart and got some Smokey Mountain, it tastes like shit, any suggestions to make it taste better?

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »

Passed on Chiefs tickets this weekend with buddies because I knew I would be drinking and they would dipping.
This is the kind of sacrifice that a real quitter makes. Proud of you JayHawk. YOu have your quit front and center. There will come a time when that won't be a big issue, but right now, recognizing the evil dip trifecta of drinking/friends that dip/football, and making the choice to stay quit is important and inspiring.
I am proud to be quit with you.
PM me if you need another number.

Offline Jayhawk Russ

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Picker.of.Strings
Fake dip helped me out a little (Smokey Mountain is sold at Walmart... just don't be tempted by all the real cans on the shelf). I found that sunflower seeds help me the most. Just a suggestion. Hang in there man, it's gets better. I just had my first really good nights sleep last night.
I'm going to Walmart over lunch to get prepared for tonight.

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Fake dip helped me out a little (Smokey Mountain is sold at Walmart... just don't be tempted by all the real cans on the shelf). I found that sunflower seeds help me the most. Just a suggestion. Hang in there man, it's gets better. I just had my first really good nights sleep last night.
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Quote from: Punkin
Welcome Jay.  Im sorry Im late to welcoming you but here I am.  I sent you my number so use it anytime you need to.  Proud to be quitting with you.  Keep posting roll and keeping that promise.  You got this man.  Reach out to Fish.  Guys with close quit dates can help each other big time
Update, Day 2 night

I knew the nights would be challenging as those were my prime dip hours. Had dinner last night, got cravings so bad I had to leave the house and take the dogs on a run. This is probably the best strategy moving forward, eat dinner and then go work out.

Took me until about 4 a.m. to get comfortably asleep and not restless.

Tired and irritated today.
Welcome to the party brother, the first few days suck until they don't. I know that may seem like a bullshit answer but you will see what I mean when the time comes.

You have my number that is one of your tools, use it when you need it.

Relax today drink lots of water and find that replacement of dip that works for you. Also, remember that Fake Dip is a great solution and not cheating.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Jayhawk Russ

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Punkin
Welcome Jay. Im sorry Im late to welcoming you but here I am. I sent you my number so use it anytime you need to. Proud to be quitting with you. Keep posting roll and keeping that promise. You got this man. Reach out to Fish. Guys with close quit dates can help each other big time
Update, Day 2 night

I knew the nights would be challenging as those were my prime dip hours. Had dinner last night, got cravings so bad I had to leave the house and take the dogs on a run. This is probably the best strategy moving forward, eat dinner and then go work out.

Took me until about 4 a.m. to get comfortably asleep and not restless.

Tired and irritated today.

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 03:38:00 AM »
Welcome Jay. Im sorry Im late to welcoming you but here I am. I sent you my number so use it anytime you need to. Proud to be quitting with you. Keep posting roll and keeping that promise. You got this man. Reach out to Fish. Guys with close quit dates can help each other big time
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quitting is really simple.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Appreciate it, I got to pick up some fake dip.

I'm guessing my sleeping patterns are gonna be jacked up? I was shakey, sweaty and weird last night in bed.
Yeah man. My sleep patterns have been all screwed up. I had the same things you describe but now after 6 nights I just feel anxious when I first try to sleep then I wake up every hour or so.... no more sweats after night 3. Hopefully you get through the sleep problems quickly. Hit me up if you need more #s or anything else. See you at roll in the AM.
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
Rock Chalk Buddy. I am a fellow KC quitter. One day at a time bro. I will shoot you my #.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
You know what I like to see about Jayhawk Russ? He's already active on this site and keeping us posted via his intro page.

JRuss: congrats on the addition to the family and congrats on your decision. You will be feeling better soon, but for now just get through TODAY.

See you on roll tomorrow.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.

I'm guessing my sleeping patterns are gonna be jacked up? I was shakey, sweaty and weird last night in bed.
Perfectly normal bro. It's a bummer but... Your body, your mind needs to heal from the abuse tobacco has caused. I want you to, in a very sick fashion, enjoy this time! This is your body and mind healing!! It may take awhile... Everyone is different but, bro, it gets so much better. One. Day. At. A. Time.

You can do this! Pm me if you'd like another number. Rock on...
There is a lot of quit going on in Kansas City these days!

Welcome aboard. I'm from Lebanon originally, so looks like we've driven (and are driving) a lot of the same roads!

Won't repeat what everyone else has already told you, but will tell you this... you are in for one hell of a ride, and one rich reward. I've been on this site for over 300 days, and will make an observation... I have yet to see anyone hit 100 days and say "dammit, I wish I had never quit... this was a terrible decision!" Not a single one. The beginning sucks. But it is nothing you can't handle. Believe me, if I can do it, you can too.

You are going to gain a lot of money, a lot of time, you are going to lose a lot of needless worry about whether that spot on your lip is cancer, gain a lot of time not spent frantically looking for your brand at the QT, and gain a lot of pride and admiration by your family. AND YOURSELF. Because this quit is all about you.

Hit me up if you need another contact. There are a few of us in KC that meet up once in a while for a brew (you'll want to hold off on those for a few weeks) and some real BBQ. Not that St. Louis or Memphis stuff...

Rock Chalk! Congratulations on a great decision.

--worktowin

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »

I quit with you.

Perfectly normal bro. It's a bummer but... Your body, your mind needs to heal from the abuse tobacco has caused. I want you to, in a very sick fashion, enjoy this time! This is your body and mind healing!! It may take awhile... Everyone is different but, bro, it gets so much better. One. Day. At. A. Time.

You can do this! Pm me if you'd like another number. Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Jayhawk Russ

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »

I quit with you.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
remove your phone number below, this is a public area.
Thanks guys for editing that number out. I would hate for Ryan to start getting random messages from solicitors, or some of the "not right" quitters on here.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13