Author Topic: It's time  (Read 8771 times)

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: KC_Guy
Bro I am anxious about my first KU hoops game without a dip. I am damn near 160 days quit too. But what I do know is that I post roll each day. I give my word not to use.  And I wont use.  No reason to worry about the future. Just focus on today.  Quit on bad ass. Quit on.
You got the tools. You will get through it no problem.

Hey ,remember when Trey Burke hit that really long 3 pointer in the tournament last year to force OT, and Michigan beat Kansas after they had gagged on a pretty big lead. Then Michigan went on to the final four and National Title game, while Kansas and their coach who never cuts the back of his hair correctly went home with a hand full of dick?

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

I loved every second of it and jumped for joy with not a god damn thing in my mouth. No way in the world dip could have made that any sweeter.
Too bad Michigan went home empty handed. Its a cool story about finishing in 2nd place. I remember KU winning the national title in 2008. Remind me again bro the last time michigan won the national title. I wont hold my breath. But hey congrats on that 2nd place finish last year. AWESOME. LOL.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
Bro I am anxious about my first KU hoops game without a dip. I am damn near 160 days quit too. But what I do know is that I post roll each day. I give my word not to use.  And I wont use.  No reason to worry about the future. Just focus on today.  Quit on bad ass. Quit on.

Hey ,remember when Trey Burke hit that really long 3 pointer in the tournament last year to force OT, and Michigan beat Kansas after they had gagged on a pretty big lead. Then Michigan went on to the final four and National Title game, while Kansas and their coach who never cuts the back of his hair correctly went home with a hand full of dick?

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

I loved every second of it and jumped for joy with not a god damn thing in my mouth. No way in the world dip could have made that any sweeter.
Trey Burke and that fucking 50ft heave......unreal.

I'll be QUIT for the 2013/2014 Kansas basketball season for the first time since Paul Pierce was a freshman in 95'.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Bro I am anxious about my first KU hoops game without a dip. I am damn near 160 days quit too. But what I do know is that I post roll each day. I give my word not to use. And I wont use. No reason to worry about the future. Just focus on today. Quit on bad ass. Quit on.

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Bro I am anxious about my first KU hoops game without a dip. I am damn near 160 days quit too. But what I do know is that I post roll each day. I give my word not to use. And I wont use. No reason to worry about the future. Just focus on today. Quit on bad ass. Quit on.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Now I say, "you best take yo ass to da sto den, biatch". 

As it should be.
I just... Can't even...
Oh I was just kidding. I would never call my beautiful wife a biatch. I do hate shopping though. Hahaaaa.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Quote from: BigRuss
Day 5

Still feel like shit, just bleh, got to sleep ok but woke up every 45 minutes......mouth feels weird and aches still.  Exercising a lot and staying active to not focus on dipping.  Future thinking is making me anxious, "how am I not going to dip watching football" or "how am I not going to dip in December for deer camp".  Need to stay in the present, cuz my minds playing tricks on me.
Right on track...

I'd love to give you a rah rah speech about manning the fuck up and how any ass gasket can watch football without a mouth full of shit, but I can see that probably would not work here. I guess you're just gonna have to get through it buttercup. Will it be tough? Yep. Will it be as tough as you are thinking it will be? Probably not. Is it impossible and will you die? Ummm...fuck no.

Deer Camp...Not a hunter but I would imagine that's a tough one. Again, be sure to pack you nut sack for the trip and maybe some sunflower seeds or fake. This is gonna be a big trigger for you, but instead of wondering "How can I do it without dip", PREPARE yourself. Be ready for the suckiness and have the tools to battle it. For all the doubtful questions, instead of moaping in the anticipation of suck, try to embrace it and be ready for it. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, because I had similar questions myself when I quit. One thing I found was that many time the anticipation was worse than the event itself. Take this shit one day at a time and try to think more positively. Bumming yourself out before shit even goes down , is a waste of energy and just flat negative energy.

Unrelated question...Why do hunters feed deer all year only to shoot them when the calendar turns a certain date? I never got that one. Where's the sport in THAT?

Quit on...
Shit, didn't even know I was being negative but you're exactly right.
I could smell some romance in there too. Don't romanticize that shit and give it undo credit. You lace a big buck and dip is just something in your mouth. Might as well be chewing on a used condom.

ANYTHING can be done without dip and be just as, if not more enjoyable.

If you find that not to be true with a certain activity, then you probably didn't like doing it anyway. You were just doing it to dip. It's true. I can't begin to tell you how many things I used to do just so I could dip.

I never liked grocery shopping. I just used to like sitting in the parking lot sucking on a turd. I used to spring out of my chair like Usain Bolt and head to the store when my wife said we were out of bread, milk, cereal, etc...

As it should be.

Quit on...
Also never look too far ahead. We are here do quit One Day At A Time. So when you wake up and post roll, you worry about Today. It is good to prepare for Today. When you do that with seeds, trident gum, fireball and sugarfree candy, toothpicks, fake dip (smokey mountain, hooch....) seeds or whatever you may have.....remember to also prepare yourself with your KTC family here. We are in this together so reach out to those with open hands who are here to help.

If you prepare like this for Today, then whatever may happen in the future you will have this preparation done and be set to tackle whatever comes your way.

You got this .....

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Day 5

Still feel like shit, just bleh, got to sleep ok but woke up every 45 minutes......mouth feels weird and aches still.  Exercising a lot and staying active to not focus on dipping.  Future thinking is making me anxious, "how am I not going to dip watching football" or "how am I not going to dip in December for deer camp".  Need to stay in the present, cuz my minds playing tricks on me.
Right on track...

I'd love to give you a rah rah speech about manning the fuck up and how any ass gasket can watch football without a mouth full of shit, but I can see that probably would not work here. I guess you're just gonna have to get through it buttercup. Will it be tough? Yep. Will it be as tough as you are thinking it will be? Probably not. Is it impossible and will you die? Ummm...fuck no.

Deer Camp...Not a hunter but I would imagine that's a tough one. Again, be sure to pack you nut sack for the trip and maybe some sunflower seeds or fake. This is gonna be a big trigger for you, but instead of wondering "How can I do it without dip", PREPARE yourself. Be ready for the suckiness and have the tools to battle it. For all the doubtful questions, instead of moaping in the anticipation of suck, try to embrace it and be ready for it. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, because I had similar questions myself when I quit. One thing I found was that many time the anticipation was worse than the event itself. Take this shit one day at a time and try to think more positively. Bumming yourself out before shit even goes down , is a waste of energy and just flat negative energy.

Unrelated question...Why do hunters feed deer all year only to shoot them when the calendar turns a certain date? I never got that one. Where's the sport in THAT?

Quit on...
I could smell some romance in there too. Don't romanticize that shit and give it undo credit. You lace a big buck and dip is just something in your mouth. Might as well be chewing on a used condom.

If you find that not to be true with a certain activity, then you probably didn't like doing it anyway. You were just doing it to dip. It's true. I can't begin to tell you how many things I used to do just so I could dip.

I never liked grocery shopping. I just used to like sitting in the parking lot sucking on a turd. I used to spring out of my chair like Usain Bolt and head to the store when my wife said we were out of bread, milk, cereal, etc...

As it should be.

Quit on...
There is absolutely romantic thoughts going on right now and thanks for calling me out on it. It's bullshit mind games and future thinking about two fucking months from now.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

As it should be.
I just... Can't even...
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
Day 5

Right on track...

Quit on...

As it should be.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Day 5

Right on track...

Quit on...
I hunted for the very first time in my life this year without a dip. I am not going to lie, it was hard to climb in that stand, pull that bowstring back and tag a deer, but after the first one dropped it was much easier.

Luckily for me my deer camp was me and my 11 year old son, needless to say he didn't whip out a tin and offer me one. I suggest that you let your hunting buddies know you quit and that they are not to try and fuck that up.

They will try not to be dicks specifically but because you are different.
4 buddies who all chew, one is a dentist which tells you how addictive this shit is.

I told them all the day I quit and they respect it. Many of them have stopped and restarted deeper than they were before. I don't want to be like that.
Russ, you are doing great. You are right, that future think will freak anyone out. The only thing you need to worry about getting through it today. When those future issues finally do come around, they may not be so difficult. You will have built up a nice quit tool-bag by then, and you will get yourself prepared.
Glad to be quit with you.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Day 5

Right on track...

Quit on...
I hunted for the very first time in my life this year without a dip. I am not going to lie, it was hard to climb in that stand, pull that bowstring back and tag a deer, but after the first one dropped it was much easier.

Luckily for me my deer camp was me and my 11 year old son, needless to say he didn't whip out a tin and offer me one. I suggest that you let your hunting buddies know you quit and that they are not to try and fuck that up.

4 buddies who all chew, one is a dentist which tells you how addictive this shit is.

I told them all the day I quit and they respect it. Many of them have stopped and restarted deeper than they were before. I don't want to be like that.
Then don't! You have your head on straight just beat them with will power. If that doesn't work call or text me and I will try to walk you off the ledge.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Day 5

Right on track...

Quit on...

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Day 5

Right on track...

Quit on...

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Day 5

Right on track...

Quit on...

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Unrelated question...Why do hunters feed deer all year only to shoot them when the calendar turns a certain date?  I never got that one.  Where's the sport in THAT?

Quit on...
Pretty much the same reason you wine and dine a chic several times before you poke her...
That's what I thought...no logical answer. I ask my deer hunter friends that question all the time and they can never give me a legit answer.

I'm not anti hunting or anything. Just think that "baiting" the poor deer all year, then shooting them is WEAK.

Quit on...
I agree Diesel, but it is worth note that not all Deer Hunters setup feeders and all that BS. Some of us get up in trees sit for hours and never see a damned deer, but we did it willingly. Then some of us go old school and learn to track and trail deer to figure out the hot spots for them and use nature to our advantage.

I have never used a feeder and my son has bagged a deer his first two years without one as well.

Using a feeder is like shooting fish out of a barrel in my mind.