Author Topic: It's time  (Read 8765 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: It's time
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quote from: Diesel2112
Unrelated question...Why do hunters feed deer all year only to shoot them when the calendar turns a certain date?  I never got that one.  Where's the sport in THAT?

Quit on...
Pretty much the same reason you wine and dine a chic several times before you poke her...
That's what I thought...no logical answer. I ask my deer hunter friends that question all the time and they can never give me a legit answer.

I'm not anti hunting or anything. Just think that "baiting" the poor deer all year, then shooting them is WEAK.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Unrelated question...Why do hunters feed deer all year only to shoot them when the calendar turns a certain date?  I never got that one.  Where's the sport in THAT?

Quit on...
Pretty much the same reason you wine and dine a chic several times before you poke her...
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Quote from: BigRuss
Day 5

Still feel like shit, just bleh, got to sleep ok but woke up every 45 minutes......mouth feels weird and aches still. Exercising a lot and staying active to not focus on dipping. Future thinking is making me anxious, "how am I not going to dip watching football" or "how am I not going to dip in December for deer camp". Need to stay in the present, cuz my minds playing tricks on me.
Right on track...

I'd love to give you a rah rah speech about manning the fuck up and how any ass gasket can watch football without a mouth full of shit, but I can see that probably would not work here. I guess you're just gonna have to get through it buttercup. Will it be tough? Yep. Will it be as tough as you are thinking it will be? Probably not. Is it impossible and will you die? Ummm...fuck no.

Deer Camp...Not a hunter but I would imagine that's a tough one. Again, be sure to pack you nut sack for the trip and maybe some sunflower seeds or fake. This is gonna be a big trigger for you, but instead of wondering "How can I do it without dip", PREPARE yourself. Be ready for the suckiness and have the tools to battle it. For all the doubtful questions, instead of moaping in the anticipation of suck, try to embrace it and be ready for it. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, because I had similar questions myself when I quit. One thing I found was that many time the anticipation was worse than the event itself. Take this shit one day at a time and try to think more positively. Bumming yourself out before shit even goes down , is a waste of energy and just flat negative energy.

Unrelated question...Why do hunters feed deer all year only to shoot them when the calendar turns a certain date? I never got that one. Where's the sport in THAT?

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
Day 5

Still feel like shit, just bleh, got to sleep ok but woke up every 45 minutes......mouth feels weird and aches still. Exercising a lot and staying active to not focus on dipping. Future thinking is making me anxious, "how am I not going to dip watching football" or "how am I not going to dip in December for deer camp". Need to stay in the present, cuz my minds playing tricks on me.

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Jayhawk
Quitting is really simple.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Appreciate it, I got to pick up some fake dip.

I'm guessing my sleeping patterns are gonna be jacked up? I was shakey, sweaty and weird last night in bed.
According to my wife...I am always weird in bed...

Man, this is one tough fight but stay active on here and you can do it.

Wow, there are a lot of KC Chickens in here now...lol...

I went through 4 cans of Smokey Mountain and never needed them again so don't worry too much about the taste. The Wintergreen was much better and I was a Cope guy so that seemed weird.

I quit with you.
We aren't chickens. We are Chiefs.

7 - 0

I would be happy to give those tickets a home... It would be a shame for them to go to waste while we spank Cleveland this weekend (sorry Derk.)
And the home of the CHIEEEEEFFFFFSSSSS!.
Day 4

I'm here, last night was a bitch. Chewed over half a can of Smokey mountain watching the world series. Did stuff around the house to help my wife for the first time in months which felt good. Sleep is still spotty at best, couldn't tell you how many times I woke up or how much sleep I actually got. Just a restless mess.

Today I'm pretty irritated and pissed off for no reason, I can't concentrate for shit.

KC Guy thanks for talking me through it last night. The waves were crashing and you kept me afloat. Appreciate it!
You are in the "fog" brother. Stay focused on your quit. Remember how shitty this feels. Never give in to the nic bitch. You dont wanna go through this hell again. Keep up the great work bro. I quit with you today.
As screwed up as it seems... All that you're experiencing is YOU healing. Physically and mentally. Chewing did a lot of damage over time. Don't expect a quick turn around. BUT ~ each day does get better bro! My sleep was jacked for a loooong time, like, a few months. Be strong and be patient. This freedom is worth it! Rock on...
A few months of 2-3 hours of sleep? Wouldn't surprise me the way my body is reacting right now. With the baby on the way it's good practice, looking on the bright side for once.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.

I'm guessing my sleeping patterns are gonna be jacked up? I was shakey, sweaty and weird last night in bed.

I went through 4 cans of Smokey Mountain and never needed them again so don't worry too much about the taste. The Wintergreen was much better and I was a Cope guy so that seemed weird.

I quit with you.

7 - 0

I would be happy to give those tickets a home... It would be a shame for them to go to waste while we spank Cleveland this weekend (sorry Derk.)
Day 4

I'm here, last night was a bitch. Chewed over half a can of Smokey mountain watching the world series. Did stuff around the house to help my wife for the first time in months which felt good. Sleep is still spotty at best, couldn't tell you how many times I woke up or how much sleep I actually got. Just a restless mess.

Today I'm pretty irritated and pissed off for no reason, I can't concentrate for shit.

KC Guy thanks for talking me through it last night. The waves were crashing and you kept me afloat. Appreciate it!
You are in the "fog" brother. Stay focused on your quit. Remember how shitty this feels. Never give in to the nic bitch. You dont wanna go through this hell again. Keep up the great work bro. I quit with you today.

As screwed up as it seems... All that you're experiencing is YOU healing. Physically and mentally. Chewing did a lot of damage over time. Don't expect a quick turn around. BUT ~ each day does get better bro! My sleep was jacked for a loooong time, like, a few months. Be strong and be patient. This freedom is worth it! Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »

I quit with you.

I quit with you.

7 - 0

Day 4

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »

I quit with you.

I quit with you.

7 - 0

Day 4

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »

I quit with you.

I quit with you.

7 - 0

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »

I quit with you.

I quit with you.

7 - 0

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »

I quit with you.

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim

Passed on Chiefs tickets this weekend with buddies because I knew I would be drinking and they would dipping.
This is the kind of sacrifice that a real quitter makes. Proud of you JayHawk. YOu have your quit front and center. There will come a time when that won't be a big issue, but right now, recognizing the evil dip trifecta of drinking/friends that dip/football, and making the choice to stay quit is important and inspiring.
I am proud to be quit with you.
PM me if you need another number.
I had two user names and switched to this one.

Went to Wal-Mart and got some Smokey Mountain, it tastes like shit, any suggestions to make it taste better?
If you got the straight or Original flavor yes it does taste like shit, I wound up adding cinnamon oil to it. Still tasted like shit but was more of a redhot flavor mixed with shit.

I should have recommended the Wintergreen, although I was not a Wintergreen dipper I found it to work best for me.
I was a skoal mint guy so the smokey mountain mint flavor really worked for me. Congrats on quittin one day at a time. Passing up Chiefs tickets is tough. But you need to focus on your quit. Booze will not help that. Stay strong bro.
I don't trust myself to booze right now, best to stay away. There will be more Chiefs games to attend and it's Cleveland.
Sounds like somebody reeeeeeallllly wants this. Sounds to me like you are making this quit the most important thing in your life. After time you will be around those same friends and feel sorry for them. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to be a slave to the poison.

In time you will have the tools and knowledge to conquer this enemy everyday, no matter where you are or who your with. Good job!! Need another number let me know. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »

Passed on Chiefs tickets this weekend with buddies because I knew I would be drinking and they would dipping.
This is the kind of sacrifice that a real quitter makes. Proud of you JayHawk. YOu have your quit front and center. There will come a time when that won't be a big issue, but right now, recognizing the evil dip trifecta of drinking/friends that dip/football, and making the choice to stay quit is important and inspiring.

Went to Wal-Mart and got some Smokey Mountain, it tastes like shit, any suggestions to make it taste better?
If you got the straight or Original flavor yes it does taste like shit, I wound up adding cinnamon oil to it. Still tasted like shit but was more of a redhot flavor mixed with shit.

I should have recommended the Wintergreen, although I was not a Wintergreen dipper I found it to work best for me.
I was a skoal mint guy so the smokey mountain mint flavor really worked for me. Congrats on quittin one day at a time. Passing up Chiefs tickets is tough. But you need to focus on your quit. Booze will not help that. Stay strong bro.
I don't trust myself to booze right now, best to stay away. There will be more Chiefs games to attend and it's Cleveland.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13