Author Topic: It's time  (Read 6667 times)

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Day 28

I'm finding I'm not concentrating all day on dipping like I was last week. Boredom is the strongest trigger for craves so I've been staying busy. I'm not staring at my mouth in the mirror trying to detect where my newest cancer spot is since quitting.

I still can't sleep for shit, interrupted choppy sleep is still very present. With each day it's getting a little bit better and I gain more confidence in myself. It's a really good feeling.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Quote from: BigRuss
Day 23

The craves are happening less but they are more intense when they occur. Thinking about dip on a regular basis still and a funk has set in. I'm not really excited about much right now, which is strange, just an overall malaise feeling.
Hey buddy . Hopefully our Jayhawks got you out of your "malaise" feeling last night. Hell of a game bud.

Stay the course on your quit. One day at a time. We all have our good days and bad days. But the thing that remains constant is we stay QLF. Great job on your quit man.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Day 23

The craves are happening less but they are more intense when they occur. Thinking about dip on a regular basis still and a funk has set in. I'm not really excited about much right now, which is strange, just an overall malaise feeling.
Hey buddy, let's throw my timeline back up here and take a look.

Yep, my depression started around the same time as your's is hitting.

Guess what? It got better in a hurry and then went bye, bye...

You have got this man!!!!

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-115: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Hey Big Russ i know what you mean by the malaise, i've been there a lot lately too. Strong, fast cravings too- i think it's the addiction changing tactics because what it was doing before didn't work so well any more-- so it's trying some other tricks. Hang in there and reach out if you need personal support!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Reaper

• Quitter
  • Interests: im interested in hunting camping 4 wheeler riding and horses but mostly kicking this habit in the ass.
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
First of all great job on the quit so far. I am not very far ahead of you on day 29. it is hard I know the dreams suck and they are really intense but its just that a dream. your mind is fighting you back for giving up something it wants and you have taken control of yourself again. if there is one thing you should be extremely excited about you have your life back. your health and your control over the addiction. all of this is things that should make you happy. You have your freedom and get out and enjoy life Nicotine free and see how much better you can see things clearer now that your not addicted to the Nicotine. if you need a extra push of encouragement or some help let me know.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.?

#8213; D.H. Lawrence,

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Day 23

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Day 18

The roof of my mouth has been bothering me, I'm thinking it's because I've been absolutely crushing Dakota seeds and hard candy. May need to lay off.

Had a really vivid dip dream last night, I felt like I could smell and taste it. Interesting way to start the day.
Those dreams piss me off. Funny how our minds work. I have had a half-dozen, or so of those dreams since I quit. Just had one this week. I get so pissed off during the dream! Crazy.

As I posted on another members site - celebrate the hours and minutes that you win by staying quit! Since I last posted, you have added 5 more days to your quit! Keep posting - keep quitting. Stay quit minute by minute and celebrate those small victories - you've earned them.

I didn't really have those mouth problems that I remember but, I know some others who did.

Congratulations on keeping up the quit. Nothing you do today is as important as beating that nic bitches ass again today.

Jayhawk
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Day 18

The roof of my mouth has been bothering me, I'm thinking it's because I've been absolutely crushing Dakota seeds and hard candy. May need to lay off.

Had a really vivid dip dream last night, I felt like I could smell and taste it. Interesting way to start the day.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Jayhawk
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Diesel2112
Day 17

Got frustrated and pissed off last night over absolutely nothing, wife called me out for being a dick for no reason.  Apparently I've been a moody asshole for the last two weeks, need to lock it up and not take it out on my pregnant wife.  I didn't even realize it, completely clueless.

I know it will get better the more days I have under my quit, still in the fog and still sleeping like ass.  Fun shit.
Can't be taking your frustrations out on your poor pregnant wife. You need to check yo self on that one. Go for a walk, bust out 25 push-ups, do 100 jumping jacks, do some burpees...burpess are a mother fucker!!!

Come on here and call me an asshole, school me on all things Kansas basketball and how much better they are than U of M. I can take it. Your wife doesn't deserve it.

Things WILL get better though, I promise.
The emotional roller Coster is where this quit takes it's greatest toll. What you need to do is take a couple extra seconds to think about responses when talking to your wife. Your right,, she don't deserve it and it's great you realize this.

It was after hof that i began to gain control of my emotions. Eventually the new you will began taking over and the new you will be more in control. The new you is on it's way,, just going to take a little while to get through the door.

Take each problem one at a time. Think before you speak. Your doing great brother. Quit with you.
Listen to these dudes and keep on quitting. One day at a time man.
Keep grinding away one day at a time. Proud of you bro. Bring your mood swings here though. We alll have been where you are at. Quit on.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Day 17

Got frustrated and pissed off last night over absolutely nothing, wife called me out for being a dick for no reason.  Apparently I've been a moody asshole for the last two weeks, need to lock it up and not take it out on my pregnant wife.  I didn't even realize it, completely clueless.

I know it will get better the more days I have under my quit, still in the fog and still sleeping like ass.  Fun shit.
Can't be taking your frustrations out on your poor pregnant wife. You need to check yo self on that one. Go for a walk, bust out 25 push-ups, do 100 jumping jacks, do some burpees...burpess are a mother fucker!!!

Come on here and call me an asshole, school me on all things Kansas basketball and how much better they are than U of M. I can take it. Your wife doesn't deserve it.

The emotional roller Coster is where this quit takes it's greatest toll. What you need to do is take a couple extra seconds to think about responses when talking to your wife. Your right,, she don't deserve it and it's great you realize this.

It was after hof that i began to gain control of my emotions. Eventually the new you will began taking over and the new you will be more in control. The new you is on it's way,, just going to take a little while to get through the door.

Take each problem one at a time. Think before you speak. Your doing great brother. Quit with you.
Listen to these dudes and keep on quitting. One day at a time man.
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Day 17

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Day 17

Got frustrated and pissed off last night over absolutely nothing, wife called me out for being a dick for no reason. Apparently I've been a moody asshole for the last two weeks, need to lock it up and not take it out on my pregnant wife. I didn't even realize it, completely clueless.

I know it will get better the more days I have under my quit, still in the fog and still sleeping like ass. Fun shit.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Day 17

Got frustrated and pissed off last night over absolutely nothing, wife called me out for being a dick for no reason. Apparently I've been a moody asshole for the last two weeks, need to lock it up and not take it out on my pregnant wife. I didn't even realize it, completely clueless.

I know it will get better the more days I have under my quit, still in the fog and still sleeping like ass. Fun shit.

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Jayhawk your story sounds so much like what i'm going through too- and BigRuss hang in there bro you are not alone at all- sounds so much like what i'm facing. Today I got a little fresh air but the fog overall it crazy deep at times! I"m there too, so just do this, get through today! Proud to quit with you both.

p.s. i'm a jayhawk too- 1990!
No shit, 2002 for me.

Awesome.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
Jayhawk your story sounds so much like what i'm going through too- and BigRuss hang in there bro you are not alone at all- sounds so much like what i'm facing. Today I got a little fresh air but the fog overall it crazy deep at times! I"m there too, so just do this, get through today! Proud to quit with you both.

p.s. i'm a jayhawk too- 1990!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!