Author Topic: It's time  (Read 6664 times)

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Jayhawk
Hello Big Russ. Proud to have a fellow Kansan quit with me. You got some really awesome guys showing you the way right now, I didn't figure you needed another. Diesel, KC Guy, Worktowin  Paradigm Dawg are awesome leaders. These guys all helped me. I am at like 175 something days now. But, I also see a little bit of what I went through in your threads.

I wanted to jump in (not to take sides on the Hoops debate - I think you all know where I stand on that) but just to add some encouragement. This is going to sound shitty but take it for what it is. My fog lasted a good, solid 30 - 45 days. Yep. That's right. Sounds shitty - and a really long time. It is. It is definitely a long time. But, TRUST me - it is so worth it to sack up, deal with it and just fucking beat it (even if it is 45 days). Because once you get through - you will feel fucking awesome. You will feel physically better. You will feel mentally better. You will also feel emotionally better because this will be the first signs you see of winning this battle. Seriously, the mental aspect of it beats on you during the first part of your quit. But then, that grip finally gives up and clears up. Then you will know for sure you are winning.

I was just like you are. There wasn't much of a glimmer of good in most days that first two months. I had night sweats. I couldn't sleep. I remember writing that I was waking up at like 2, 4 and 5 on the dot every day. Don't know why, but you literally could set your watch to it.

Also, like Worktowin can attest to, I don't remember shit about May, June and even into July! It was all literally a freaking fog - as you are experiencing right now. I work in product management and I kind of need to be mentally focused on what I am doing. I remember days of staring at an e-mail for an hour and not being able to comprehend what was going on! I even changed my avatar to sum it up - Beware of the PHOG - ok, so a different kind of PHOG but fitting. Plus, dudes from Michigan just can't relate!

Anyway - here is the deal I will make with you. As sure as KU wins another Big XII title, this fog will clear up. In the very near future, you are going to realize that you are sleeping normal again. You are going to realize you haven't had a crave in a while. Your mind is repairing itself. It takes time. In the mean time - do what I did. Do what Diesel, ParadigmDawg, KC Guy, Worktowin and the others who are supporting you have done. Just go second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day until you realize that you are winning this battle.

From the sound of your thread so far, I don't think you need my advice. So, don't take it as advice - but take it for what it is, support. I have been through that fog just like these other guys. Follow us and we promise life gets way better once you beat it down. Besides, it's shitty November  December weather here in Kansas - you probably don't have anything better to do anyway! Well, except watch KU dominate college hoops!
Jayhawk, I do need the advice and I appreciate it! In 18 years I haven't went two weeks without a dip....EVER. This is all brand new to me, I'm waking up on that same schedule with night sweats as well. Part of it right now, one hour at a time. Good stuff and Rock Chalk.

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
Hello Big Russ. Proud to have a fellow Kansan quit with me. You got some really awesome guys showing you the way right now, I didn't figure you needed another. Diesel, KC Guy, Worktowin  Paradigm Dawg are awesome leaders. These guys all helped me. I am at like 175 something days now. But, I also see a little bit of what I went through in your threads.

I wanted to jump in (not to take sides on the Hoops debate - I think you all know where I stand on that) but just to add some encouragement. This is going to sound shitty but take it for what it is. My fog lasted a good, solid 30 - 45 days. Yep. That's right. Sounds shitty - and a really long time. It is. It is definitely a long time. But, TRUST me - it is so worth it to sack up, deal with it and just fucking beat it (even if it is 45 days). Because once you get through - you will feel fucking awesome. You will feel physically better. You will feel mentally better. You will also feel emotionally better because this will be the first signs you see of winning this battle. Seriously, the mental aspect of it beats on you during the first part of your quit. But then, that grip finally gives up and clears up. Then you will know for sure you are winning.

I was just like you are. There wasn't much of a glimmer of good in most days that first two months. I had night sweats. I couldn't sleep. I remember writing that I was waking up at like 2, 4 and 5 on the dot every day. Don't know why, but you literally could set your watch to it.

Also, like Worktowin can attest to, I don't remember shit about May, June and even into July! It was all literally a freaking fog - as you are experiencing right now. I work in product management and I kind of need to be mentally focused on what I am doing. I remember days of staring at an e-mail for an hour and not being able to comprehend what was going on! I even changed my avatar to sum it up - Beware of the PHOG - ok, so a different kind of PHOG but fitting. Plus, dudes from Michigan just can't relate!

Anyway - here is the deal I will make with you. As sure as KU wins another Big XII title, this fog will clear up. In the very near future, you are going to realize that you are sleeping normal again. You are going to realize you haven't had a crave in a while. Your mind is repairing itself. It takes time. In the mean time - do what I did. Do what Diesel, ParadigmDawg, KC Guy, Worktowin and the others who are supporting you have done. Just go second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day until you realize that you are winning this battle.

From the sound of your thread so far, I don't think you need my advice. So, don't take it as advice - but take it for what it is, support. I have been through that fog just like these other guys. Follow us and we promise life gets way better once you beat it down. Besides, it's shitty November  December weather here in Kansas - you probably don't have anything better to do anyway! Well, except watch KU dominate college hoops!
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
Quote from: BigRuss
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Chiefs are finding different ways to win, enjoying the ride!
I really like Alex Smith. 49ers are going to miss him but his style is better with the Chiefs. Still love my Broncos but respect Smith.
He is perfect in this offense, his stats would have looked better yesterday if any of his receivers could catch the ball.

These two Denver/Chiefs games are gonna be fun as hell to watch.
I am thinking the chiefs and mules will split. Each team winning at home. It won't be easybbeating Peyton though. That dude is a machine.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
I really like Alex Smith. 49ers are going to miss him but his style is better with the Chiefs. Still love my Broncos but respect Smith.
He is perfect in this offense, his stats would have looked better yesterday if any of his receivers could catch the ball.

McCluster dropping that TD cost me my fantasy game this week!!!

Oh well, I'm glad you're feeling better.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Day 15

Starting to feel better, sleep is a little more steady and consistent. Feel decent today.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »
Where you at Russ? How you feeling??? Need anything, hit me up..
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
BigRuss, How's the quit going bro? Did you post roll today? I did a quick search and I am not seeing you bro. I am very interested to hear how you are doing man. CHIEFS are 9-0. Holla.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Day 11

I need to see some good days or at least a break in the clouds.  Maybe it's today.
They are coming buddy, hang in there.
Keep your head up. You are killing it. Good times will come soon. We all have been where you are. Keep fighting.
The good days come and they come out of the blue. You should soon feel a euphoria and a disgust towards other dippers as you finally see how nasty their addiction is.
Thanks fellas for the support. Need to chin up, quit being a bitch and push forward.
Stop thinking that you are quit indefinitely. Your addiction will have a lot of power if you entertain that someday you will dip. Stop thinking about that someday cave.

Post roll and promise to quit today. Whatever you face today, fight 100% all in. Don't think if you go "all in" today you will be more worn out tomorrow. Usually it gets much easier when you fight the hardest.

You are quit today and that is all that matters. Always quit on "Today's". Don't ever focus or sweat quitting on "Tomorrow's"
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Day 11

I need to see some good days or at least a break in the clouds.  Maybe it's today.
Keep your head up. You are killing it. Good times will come soon. We all have been where you are. Keep fighting.
The good days come and they come out of the blue. You should soon feel a euphoria and a disgust towards other dippers as you finally see how nasty their addiction is.
Thanks fellas for the support. Need to chin up, quit being a bitch and push forward.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
Day 11

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Day 11

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Day 11

I need to see some good days or at least a break in the clouds. Maybe it's today.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!