Author Topic: My Story  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Story
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: PMac
Day 98.  Nervousness sets in.  Read more posts, pre HOF groups, intros, etc. in the last week than in the past four to six weeks.  Can't believe that I have been quit for 14 weeks.
Believe that shit brother. Outstanding stuff. Glad you're here bud.
You got this!

Passing one milestone of being free of the nic bitch!

I dont know you but am proud to be quit with you today and everyday!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
Day 98.  Nervousness sets in.  Read more posts, pre HOF groups, intros, etc. in the last week than in the past four to six weeks.  Can't believe that I have been quit for 14 weeks.
Believe that shit brother. Outstanding stuff. Glad you're here bud.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
Day 98. Nervousness sets in. Read more posts, pre HOF groups, intros, etc. in the last week than in the past four to six weeks. Can't believe that I have been quit for 14 weeks.
My Independence Day - December 19, 2011
HOF - March 27, 2012
Comma Town, USA - September 15, 2014
Three Years - December 19, 2014
Eleventh Floor - December 24, 2014

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Aglawyer
Short post as I sit at 95 and can't believe that I'm just a few short days away from 100.  Feels great.  If you are new...stick with it.  If you are mid-term...stick with it.  A still dipping buddy asked me the other day if I would stay quit if I found out that I had cancer from my years of dipping and that I would likely not make it.  Being a 26 year slave I had long since contemplated that question and I immediately and unequivocally answered "hell, yes".  Being free is such a great feeling.  So you new guys and those in the 40s to 60s that think it is never going to end - stick with it.  Freedom from the can is worth every 24 hours that you promise not to be a douche bag.
Solid work, counselor. Freedom IS a great thing.
:)

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Short post as I sit at 95 and can't believe that I'm just a few short days away from 100. Feels great. If you are new...stick with it. If you are mid-term...stick with it. A still dipping buddy asked me the other day if I would stay quit if I found out that I had cancer from my years of dipping and that I would likely not make it. Being a 26 year slave I had long since contemplated that question and I immediately and unequivocally answered "hell, yes". Being free is such a great feeling. So you new guys and those in the 40s to 60s that think it is never going to end - stick with it. Freedom from the can is worth every 24 hours that you promise not to be a douche bag.
Solid work, counselor. Freedom IS a great thing.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
Way to go bud. You're killing it. Truly.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
Short post as I sit at 95 and can't believe that I'm just a few short days away from 100. Feels great. If you are new...stick with it. If you are mid-term...stick with it. A still dipping buddy asked me the other day if I would stay quit if I found out that I had cancer from my years of dipping and that I would likely not make it. Being a 26 year slave I had long since contemplated that question and I immediately and unequivocally answered "hell, yes". Being free is such a great feeling. So you new guys and those in the 40s to 60s that think it is never going to end - stick with it. Freedom from the can is worth every 24 hours that you promise not to be a douche bag.
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Knocking on the door of 80 days (today is 79) so I thought it would be a good time to update since my last post in my thread was at day 53.

My quit is kicking ass.  In fact, I can't believe how well it has gone.  Looking back, the only really tough things that I went through were some insomnia issues and some anxiety issues.  Once the insomnia went away for the most part the anxiety seemed to kind of fix itself.  Only one major crave and I can't remember even having the small, fleeting mini-craves in the last month or so.

As the HOF approaches and with the reflection and self-examination that I have done over the past 79 days or so, I think that what I take from my quit is that I was so completely ready to be done that it in reality it has been relatively easy.  The insomnia and anxiety were short-lived in the grand scheme and rather than major issues they were merely inconveniences on the path of quit.  I truly believe that the ease with which you quit is directly related to how ready you are to be really and truly quit forever.  And I had been using two and a half decades and was up to three cans per day.  But I was extremely ready to be quit on Day 1.  I hated dip and had hated it for months if not years.  I was anxious about quitting because I was afraid that I would fail (yet again) but not because I was worried about missing dip.  I don't miss it.  I don't miss the cost, the side effects, the smell, the taste, or anything else.  I'm so damn glad that I am quit.  I get up everyday and I'm so thankful and happy that I am quit and I know that there is absolutely no way in hell that I will dip that day under any circumstances.

Still no Diet Coke (or soda of any kind) for about a month and a half.

Been working a Paleo-ish diet and I actually feel better than I have felt in years (I pretty much do Paleo but I have been allowing a small amount of organic dairy every day).

Still doing CrossFit.  Getting stronger, leaner, and in great shape.

So at forty-one and a half years old I feel better physically and feel better about myself mentally and emotionally than I have in years.  Just think - the catalyst happened exactly 79 days ago.

Thanks KTC!
Great stuff, damn proud to quit with you, and to continue our torture updates/support over in the exercise forum!
I also want to agree with you on the fact I wanted to quit so damn bad, I was almost relieved that this place makes me keep my word. I welcome it. Anytime i get a little lazy in my quit, I remember how much I hated being a slave, and how grateful I am for my freedom.
again great stuff.
Proud to be quit with you too Luby and I'm enjoying the progression through the nine hells of CrossFit.
Great work.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Knocking on the door of 80 days (today is 79) so I thought it would be a good time to update since my last post in my thread was at day 53.

My quit is kicking ass.  In fact, I can't believe how well it has gone.  Looking back, the only really tough things that I went through were some insomnia issues and some anxiety issues.  Once the insomnia went away for the most part the anxiety seemed to kind of fix itself.  Only one major crave and I can't remember even having the small, fleeting mini-craves in the last month or so.

As the HOF approaches and with the reflection and self-examination that I have done over the past 79 days or so, I think that what I take from my quit is that I was so completely ready to be done that it in reality it has been relatively easy.  The insomnia and anxiety were short-lived in the grand scheme and rather than major issues they were merely inconveniences on the path of quit.  I truly believe that the ease with which you quit is directly related to how ready you are to be really and truly quit forever.  And I had been using two and a half decades and was up to three cans per day.  But I was extremely ready to be quit on Day 1.  I hated dip and had hated it for months if not years.  I was anxious about quitting because I was afraid that I would fail (yet again) but not because I was worried about missing dip.  I don't miss it.  I don't miss the cost, the side effects, the smell, the taste, or anything else.  I'm so damn glad that I am quit.  I get up everyday and I'm so thankful and happy that I am quit and I know that there is absolutely no way in hell that I will dip that day under any circumstances.

Been working a Paleo-ish diet and I actually feel better than I have felt in years (I pretty much do Paleo but I have been allowing a small amount of organic dairy every day).

Still doing CrossFit.  Getting stronger, leaner, and in great shape.

So at forty-one and a half years old I feel better physically and feel better about myself mentally and emotionally than I have in years.  Just think - the catalyst happened exactly 79 days ago.

Thanks KTC!
Great stuff, damn proud to quit with you, and to continue our torture updates/support over in the exercise forum!
I also want to agree with you on the fact I wanted to quit so damn bad, I was almost relieved that this place makes me keep my word. I welcome it. Anytime i get a little lazy in my quit, I remember how much I hated being a slave, and how grateful I am for my freedom.
again great stuff.
Proud to be quit with you too Luby and I'm enjoying the progression through the nine hells of CrossFit.
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »

My quit is kicking ass. In fact, I can't believe how well it has gone. Looking back, the only really tough things that I went through were some insomnia issues and some anxiety issues. Once the insomnia went away for the most part the anxiety seemed to kind of fix itself. Only one major crave and I can't remember even having the small, fleeting mini-craves in the last month or so.

As the HOF approaches and with the reflection and self-examination that I have done over the past 79 days or so, I think that what I take from my quit is that I was so completely ready to be done that it in reality it has been relatively easy. The insomnia and anxiety were short-lived in the grand scheme and rather than major issues they were merely inconveniences on the path of quit. I truly believe that the ease with which you quit is directly related to how ready you are to be really and truly quit forever. And I had been using two and a half decades and was up to three cans per day. But I was extremely ready to be quit on Day 1. I hated dip and had hated it for months if not years. I was anxious about quitting because I was afraid that I would fail (yet again) but not because I was worried about missing dip. I don't miss it. I don't miss the cost, the side effects, the smell, the taste, or anything else. I'm so damn glad that I am quit. I get up everyday and I'm so thankful and happy that I am quit and I know that there is absolutely no way in hell that I will dip that day under any circumstances.

Still doing CrossFit. Getting stronger, leaner, and in great shape.

So at forty-one and a half years old I feel better physically and feel better about myself mentally and emotionally than I have in years. Just think - the catalyst happened exactly 79 days ago.

Thanks KTC!
again great stuff.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »

My quit is kicking ass. In fact, I can't believe how well it has gone. Looking back, the only really tough things that I went through were some insomnia issues and some anxiety issues. Once the insomnia went away for the most part the anxiety seemed to kind of fix itself. Only one major crave and I can't remember even having the small, fleeting mini-craves in the last month or so.

As the HOF approaches and with the reflection and self-examination that I have done over the past 79 days or so, I think that what I take from my quit is that I was so completely ready to be done that it in reality it has been relatively easy. The insomnia and anxiety were short-lived in the grand scheme and rather than major issues they were merely inconveniences on the path of quit. I truly believe that the ease with which you quit is directly related to how ready you are to be really and truly quit forever. And I had been using two and a half decades and was up to three cans per day. But I was extremely ready to be quit on Day 1. I hated dip and had hated it for months if not years. I was anxious about quitting because I was afraid that I would fail (yet again) but not because I was worried about missing dip. I don't miss it. I don't miss the cost, the side effects, the smell, the taste, or anything else. I'm so damn glad that I am quit. I get up everyday and I'm so thankful and happy that I am quit and I know that there is absolutely no way in hell that I will dip that day under any circumstances.

Still doing CrossFit. Getting stronger, leaner, and in great shape.

So at forty-one and a half years old I feel better physically and feel better about myself mentally and emotionally than I have in years. Just think - the catalyst happened exactly 79 days ago.

Thanks KTC!
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Cheers PMac. Keep fighting brother. Each day we all take a giant step forward. All of us.

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
Been a couple of weeks since I posted in my thread. I'm up to Day 53 and still wearing out the nic bitch. Hard to believe that it has been almost two months since I was anxiously at the threshold of my quit. I can vividly remember both my determination and at the same time the feeling that for the first time I really wanted to be quit this time but still hearing that little voice in the back of my mind telling me that I just might not be able to do it. So far that little voice has been stomped flat. I ain't even got the time of day for that bitch.

My earlier sleep problems have been gone for several weeks. Best thing is that I am getting more sleep than I used to (because as a super-sly ninja douche I would stay up until the last person in my house was long asleep so that I could get that long 30 minutes to an hour with the possum turd) and better sleep than I used to (can't explain that one other than the fact that I'm getting more total hours of sleep but I definitely have been sleeping great).

My anxiety and being in a fog from the first few weeks has pretty much gone away. I've returned to being a relatively easy person to get along with, fair with my family, and a productive law partner.

Also I've been working out which has made a huge difference (though I have pain in muscles I didn't know existed). That probably has something to do with the better sleep.

Been trying to get a better diet in place that is both enjoyable (I can't maintain a long-term nutritional plan if I hate the food) and appropriate for a 41 year old man that wants to be around for another 30 or so years at least.

And finally, my latest conquest has been to give up Diet Coke completely. Been about 10 days or so without DC. Used to normally have two or three per day. I still drink a cup of coffee in the morning most days, but no DC period.

Hope everyone else is having a strong quit and sticking it to the nic bitch. I'm around a couple of times per day so if anyone needs anything PM me and I'll get back with you.

Be Quit!

PMac
PMac, good to heat things are going well for you. I myself am quite moody when it comes to mt dew. I'm not hooked on it, but when I head to the library for the night I get the feeling that it's helpful in ampin me up and keeping me awake and focused. Sometimes I can do without it, some days I have multiple.

glad to hear you're doin good and the PM thing goes both ways. Since crossing the HOF threshold, I feel that stopping in here more often strengthens my quit and keeps me from becoming complacent.

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
Been a couple of weeks since I posted in my thread. I'm up to Day 53 and still wearing out the nic bitch. Hard to believe that it has been almost two months since I was anxiously at the threshold of my quit. I can vividly remember both my determination and at the same time the feeling that for the first time I really wanted to be quit this time but still hearing that little voice in the back of my mind telling me that I just might not be able to do it. So far that little voice has been stomped flat. I ain't even got the time of day for that bitch.

My earlier sleep problems have been gone for several weeks. Best thing is that I am getting more sleep than I used to (because as a super-sly ninja douche I would stay up until the last person in my house was long asleep so that I could get that long 30 minutes to an hour with the possum turd) and better sleep than I used to (can't explain that one other than the fact that I'm getting more total hours of sleep but I definitely have been sleeping great).

My anxiety and being in a fog from the first few weeks has pretty much gone away. I've returned to being a relatively easy person to get along with, fair with my family, and a productive law partner.

Also I've been working out which has made a huge difference (though I have pain in muscles I didn't know existed). That probably has something to do with the better sleep.

Been trying to get a better diet in place that is both enjoyable (I can't maintain a long-term nutritional plan if I hate the food) and appropriate for a 41 year old man that wants to be around for another 30 or so years at least.

And finally, my latest conquest has been to give up Diet Coke completely. Been about 10 days or so without DC. Used to normally have two or three per day. I still drink a cup of coffee in the morning most days, but no DC period.

Hope everyone else is having a strong quit and sticking it to the nic bitch. I'm around a couple of times per day so if anyone needs anything PM me and I'll get back with you.

Be Quit!

PMac
'clap'

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »

Be Quit!

PMac
HOF - March 27, 2012