Author Topic: Three weeks in...with a crutch  (Read 7423 times)

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Three weeks in...with a crutch
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: dippshit
Bigsky. I am proud to be quit with you today brother. I wanted to tell you that I sat with an old friend tonight, drinking beer, as he was sitting there being a nic slave, I abstained. It tested my quit to the max, but I didn't touch the shit.

Stay quit.

The dippshit
You know...as sadistic as this sounds...I kinda like the superior feeling I have as I tell friends who are addicted to nic "no thanks" when they offer it up. I enjoy the look on their face as they realize I'm serious, that I have actually quit. It's like they've lost a family member or something. That's one less person in their life who helps justify their addiction. That's one more person in their life whose mere existence rubs their addiction in their face.

On the flipside...I've got a another buddy who was inspired by my quit and now he's busting his balls to give up the nic. We talk about it a lot and put a lot of encouragement on one another. And you can bet your first born if I see him dipping I'm going to go all NOLAQ on his ass.

I dunno. A week in and I'm feeling fucking awesome. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm loving this quit so much at this point that I really don't have a problem turning my back on the craves. I just LOVE being quit too much to stick that poisonous shit in my mouth. I want to feel proud, not ashamed. One dip and I'll feel like a rotten turd for weeks...maybe months. Just not worth it.

Proud be to quittin with the class of Feb. '12.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
Bigsky. I am proud to be quit with you today brother. I wanted to tell you that I sat with an old friend tonight, drinking beer, as he was sitting there being a nic slave, I abstained. It tested my quit to the max, but I didn't touch the shit.

Stay quit.

The dippshit

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: bigsky406
I don't care what everyone else says about you bigsky... I think your an alright guy.
Haha. Thanks, DS. Let's just say I might have some personality conflicts with a few folks on this site. All-in-all we're all after the same goal. A common thread binds us...and all that shit.

You're pretty badass yourself DS (I have a hard time actually calling you dippshit, cuz that's what I'd call someone I don't like).

You kickin' ass today? I know you've had a few rough patches. Looking forward to your trip tomorrow?
I am pretty bad ass. But I already knew that. And its ok, call me dipshit. Thats what my wife calls me so I am used to it.
You two need a room. Fags.

bigsky ----- 'rem' ------ dippshit
Come here noonelikesaquitter, ill switch your ass too..
You can call me NOLAQ...or 'Big Papa'.
I don't usually miss stuff, and rarely do I let shit go over my head. But I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the hell NOLAQ was. Now I get it.
When I first started here I thought NOLAQ was some sort of laxative you took to help with withdrawal.

Welcome aboard bro. Get some quit. Fight for it.
I did not come here to be made sport of.
****throws ball at you****
HaHa, Try a Wrench instead!

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
Posted this on the Feb 12 quit thread, decided to copy here for future reference.

Srodman, I here you buddy. Yesterday was the first big test in terms of craves. First serious craves of the Quit, but I never wavered. I find if you embrace the fact that you're just going to deal with some serious shit...kinda like when you feel a bad cold or the flu coming on and you know their ain't shit you can do about it except deal with it...it's not THAT bad to just suck it up, take it like a man, and deal. Don't get me wrong: I was well aware of the fact that the nic bitch was screaming and pounding on my door begging for another romp like a cock-starved ex, but like my ex, I didn't even think about lettin' her in.

This may sound kinda fucked up, but I'm actually kinda relishing my quit. Embracing the suck if you will. I'm a highly competitive and somewhat masochistic sumbitch anyway, so when I feel those craves I get into a different head space. I turn on this FUCK YOU switch and roll with it.

I have to say last night DID suck. Woke up at 2 a.m. thinking about this fucking forum and just could not get the QUIT out of my head. I bet I tossed and turned for hours. I almost woke my girlfriend up to tell her what was going on, but I just don't have time to really talk it out after dropping a bomb on her (that I've been lying about my nicotine addiction since we met), so I'm going to hold off till Sunday when we both have more time to spend together. Then I'll come clean and the Quit will step up to another level. I'll have another person to be accountable to besides all you assholes.

Feeling GREAT today. Really starting to notice the difference on Day 4. I know I've got a long way to go, there will be ups and downs, but each day is a day of freedom, and so for that I'm grateful EVERY DAY.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
I don't care what everyone else says about you bigsky... I think your an alright guy.
Haha. Thanks, DS. Let's just say I might have some personality conflicts with a few folks on this site. All-in-all we're all after the same goal. A common thread binds us...and all that shit.

You're pretty badass yourself DS (I have a hard time actually calling you dippshit, cuz that's what I'd call someone I don't like).

You kickin' ass today? I know you've had a few rough patches. Looking forward to your trip tomorrow?
I am pretty bad ass. But I already knew that. And its ok, call me dipshit. Thats what my wife calls me so I am used to it.

I don't usually miss stuff, and rarely do I let shit go over my head. But I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the hell NOLAQ was. Now I get it.
When I first started here I thought NOLAQ was some sort of laxative you took to help with withdrawal.

****throws ball at you****

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
ooooohhhh. There we go.

The nic bitch must be feeling a little jaded today cuz her overtures are becoming a little more obvious this afternoon. Felt fine the first 48 hours. Still feeling more or less fine, but I've actually felt the crave a few times this afternoon. Nothing serious, but it was definitely there. Funny how that bitch plays mind tricks on you. She reminds me of my ex-wife: she tries to make you forget your quit. Like when I find myself feeling for my wedding ring even tho I haven't worn the fucking thing in four years. I guess I'll deal with the nic bitch the same way I dealt with my ex: ignore her.

Oh well. Just a few more hours till I'm out of work and away from the worst of the triggers. Might have to go for a run today to burn some of the extra calories I'm putting on eating all these goddamned seeds and candy.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
And its ok, call me dipshit. Thats what my wife calls me so I am used to it.
'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup'

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »

Offline Timeless117

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: You and only you.
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »

Thank you sir may I have another
Day 1: 09/12/2011
HOF: 12/20/2011
1 year: 09/11/2012

HOF Speech: Day 100, Just another day in the life of Timeless

Now, like all great plans, my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Men on Planet Earth

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »