Author Topic: I quit again  (Read 53948 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2348
Re: I quit again
« Reply #580 on: December 16, 2023, 09:16:08 AM »
Keith0617 1899 ODAAT with @Dipchit and all of you
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #579 on: December 15, 2023, 04:12:35 PM »
Day 187
Flat, emotionless, just don’t care about anything, no joy.
Nicotine must be a very powerful mood stabilizer because when I felt bored and or empty I’d just toss back a big bite and suddenly life was exciting. Sad isn’t it?
I promise not to dip today.
And here comes the anxiety. Thought maybe I’d have a day without it but how wrong I was. This is getting ridiculous and frustrating. Withdrawal from meth doesn’t last this long.
Nicotine was an escape from reality.  If you think about it, it took you away from a lot of joy and emotions too.  How many times did you sneak away from your wife, your family, to get a "fix" that really didn't do anything except take you away from your family and help you not go into the withdrawal that you are now feeling?

Nicotine is one big lie, bro.  There isn't anything good that it did for you, except for that first time big buzz.  After that is was just there to help you escape from life but really to help not go into withdrawal.  You spent how many tens of thousands of dollars chasing a buzz that never came and took time away from your real life to dip alone?  F THAT!

Worktowin 4,009.  And I ain't sayin' nothing good about nicotine today!  NO SIR NO MA'AM NO THEY!
MN/2,791 - you all have my word TODAY. Nicotine can 'fuz' off!
Nicotine is the devil’s candy. It should be illegal. I know that big tobacco adds lots of other chemicals to get and keep you hooked. Maybe it was different years ago when I had my previous stops. No withdrawal at all. This time I’m in total agony. I remember buying a can of Grizzly years ago when the store was out of my favorite Kodiak and when I took a dip I felt hardly anything so I had to do a total horseshoe to catch a buzz. I know grizzly had just as much nicotine as Kodiak. Must of been some other chemicals in the Kodiak that grizz didn’t have. Nicotine and big tobacco can kiss my ass.
So Kodiak contains the most nicotine (8.2 mg per gram) than any other dip. Grizzly Long Cut is third on the list at 5.9. If you used Kodiak for the majority of your time dipping, that's a hell of a lot of nicotine you were feeding your brain/body.

Continue to persevere in patience, Steve. You are winning.
Today is bad but not as bad as yesterday. I failed to mention that last week during the evening I had about 2 hours where I felt completely fine and at peace. I was thinking about my hunting shack and snowmobiling this winter and just felt peaceful. I haven’t felt like that since I killed the Kodiak bear. I’m hoping that I’m coming out of this latest wave soon and maybe I can enjoy Christmas.
Yes Kodiak was my poison of choice. Bad chit.
Kodiak was what I used exclusively.  When I ran out in Kauai that time I had to buy Skoal.  I'm pretty sure I shoved the whole tin in my mouth and it barely helped take the pain away.  Kodiak is a wicked bitch.  You'll find a lot of us that have similar stories on here were Kodiak addicts.  My first post was something like.... that bear and I had a lot of good times together.  In retrospect that bear cost me a lot of good times, and quite literally the same amount of money that a new Lexus would cost.  Glad to hear you had some peace - keep the faith bro.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #578 on: December 15, 2023, 12:56:04 PM »
Day 187
Nicotine must be a very powerful mood stabilizer because when I felt bored and or empty I’d just toss back a big bite and suddenly life was exciting. Sad isn’t it?
And here comes the anxiety. Thought maybe I’d have a day without it but how wrong I was. This is getting ridiculous and frustrating. Withdrawal from meth doesn’t last this long.
Nicotine was an escape from reality.  If you think about it, it took you away from a lot of joy and emotions too.  How many times did you sneak away from your wife, your family, to get a "fix" that really didn't do anything except take you away from your family and help you not go into the withdrawal that you are now feeling?

Nicotine is one big lie, bro.  There isn't anything good that it did for you, except for that first time big buzz.  After that is was just there to help you escape from life but really to help not go into withdrawal.  You spent how many tens of thousands of dollars chasing a buzz that never came and took time away from your real life to dip alone?  F THAT!

Worktowin 4,009.  And I ain't sayin' nothing good about nicotine today!  NO SIR NO MA'AM NO THEY!
Nicotine is the devil’s candy. It should be illegal. I know that big tobacco adds lots of other chemicals to get and keep you hooked. Maybe it was different years ago when I had my previous stops. No withdrawal at all. This time I’m in total agony. I remember buying a can of Grizzly years ago when the store was out of my favorite Kodiak and when I took a dip I felt hardly anything so I had to do a total horseshoe to catch a buzz. I know grizzly had just as much nicotine as Kodiak. Must of been some other chemicals in the Kodiak that grizz didn’t have. Nicotine and big tobacco can kiss my ass.
So Kodiak contains the most nicotine (8.2 mg per gram) than any other dip. Grizzly Long Cut is third on the list at 5.9. If you used Kodiak for the majority of your time dipping, that's a hell of a lot of nicotine you were feeding your brain/body.

Today is bad but not as bad as yesterday. I failed to mention that last week during the evening I had about 2 hours where I felt completely fine and at peace. I was thinking about my hunting shack and snowmobiling this winter and just felt peaceful. I haven’t felt like that since I killed the Kodiak bear. I’m hoping that I’m coming out of this latest wave soon and maybe I can enjoy Christmas.
Yes Kodiak was my poison of choice. Bad chit.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4379
« Reply #577 on: December 15, 2023, 11:55:02 AM »
Day 187

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #576 on: December 15, 2023, 10:06:45 AM »
Day 187

« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 10:11:39 AM by Dipchit »

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #575 on: December 15, 2023, 09:00:37 AM »
Day 187

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #574 on: December 15, 2023, 08:50:20 AM »
Day 187

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #573 on: December 15, 2023, 08:27:11 AM »
Day 187

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #572 on: December 15, 2023, 07:32:06 AM »
Day 187

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2023, 06:33:35 PM »
Day 186
Fear, anxiety, anhidonia. No change.
No dip today.
MN/2,790 fighting in the trenches with Steve TODAY.
worktowin 4,008.  Shane (aka Applejack) is headed to Italy and France to spend some time with his daughter over the holiday.  Can you imagine the anxiety that he would have been feeling trying to hide this addiction on an around the world flight, not to mention in his luggage while carefully rationing usage so as not to run out?  You wanna talk fear and anxiety... I once ran out in Kauai and damn near freaked out.
Keith0617 1897 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #570 on: December 14, 2023, 10:29:26 AM »
Day 186
No dip today.
worktowin 4,008.  Shane (aka Applejack) is headed to Italy and France to spend some time with his daughter over the holiday.  Can you imagine the anxiety that he would have been feeling trying to hide this addiction on an around the world flight, not to mention in his luggage while carefully rationing usage so as not to run out?  You wanna talk fear and anxiety... I once ran out in Kauai and damn near freaked out.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #569 on: December 14, 2023, 10:12:39 AM »
Day 186
No dip today.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #568 on: December 14, 2023, 07:00:49 AM »
Day 186
No dip today.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2023, 01:07:22 PM »
Day 185
Same. I promise myself not to dip today.
MN/2,789 - my word is my bond. QLAMF ODAAT
worktowin 4,007.  I'm very quit with you guys.
Keith0617 1896 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2023, 10:10:07 AM »
Day 185
Same. I promise myself not to dip today.
MN/2,789 - my word is my bond. QLAMF ODAAT
worktowin 4,007.  I'm very quit with you guys.