Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quote from: Minny
I type this from a hotel room. There are nearly twenty of us on this bachelor party excursion and I'm the only one that doesn't use tobacco. There's a tin of wintergreen on the dresser and another nearby, I'm sure.

It was a four hour drive to get here and everyone else in the car dipped the whole way. We had a great steak dinner and everyone else had a dip afterward. We went out for cocktails and out came the cigs and I just watched.  Today we will be golfing and drinking and quitting will be easy because of KTC.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this site. KTC is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I don't want a single 'attaboy', please. I just want to say thanks and encourage others. One thing I've realized by reading your Intros and such is that I am very fortunate in life. Many of you face daily challenges that make me and my struggle with nicotine look like a walk in the park.

I humbly quit with you today.
I quit with you today
I quit with you too Minny. I remember that day well. The first time it was all around me. Stay in control Minny, keep your eye on the prize. Freedom does have a price. You can conquer in the face of adversity, and your quit becomes so much stronger because of it.

Careful with the alcohol this weekend. Please, I am telling you, mix in some NA shit and take it a little slower than you may be used to. I am judging your drinking habits but I am just speaking about mine and a few experiences I had early in my quit.

Be ready friend, plan, plan, plan. Jerkey, seeds, phone numbers, etc and watch the alcohol. Failure to plan is planning to fail. I am with you bro. You have my number. If you don't PM and you will.

Ryan
My observations are that folks that quit and stick with it become inspirational to addicts. Deep down addicts hate their addiction. Often, they just don't have the tools to beat it or don't have the courage. Stay quit. Observe over time. You will be the bad ass in the room soon enough.

FU nic.
I remember my first bit outing with a bunch of guys early in my quit. Golfing, Poker, drinking. I was scared shitless in fact I almost did not go.

I took my HOF coin with me and every time I had the urge to dip I took it out and looked at it. Used it as a ball marker too. I made it through the weekend and felt like a true bad ass for what I had been through.

The experience made my resolve and my quit that much stronger. Keep fighting and your toolbox will continue to grow. Nicely Done.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
I type this from a hotel room. There are nearly twenty of us on this bachelor party excursion and I'm the only one that doesn't use tobacco. There's a tin of wintergreen on the dresser and another nearby, I'm sure.

It was a four hour drive to get here and everyone else in the car dipped the whole way. We had a great steak dinner and everyone else had a dip afterward. We went out for cocktails and out came the cigs and I just watched.  Today we will be golfing and drinking and quitting will be easy because of KTC.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this site. KTC is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I don't want a single 'attaboy', please. I just want to say thanks and encourage others. One thing I've realized by reading your Intros and such is that I am very fortunate in life. Many of you face daily challenges that make me and my struggle with nicotine look like a walk in the park.

I quit with you today
I quit with you too Minny. I remember that day well. The first time it was all around me. Stay in control Minny, keep your eye on the prize. Freedom does have a price. You can conquer in the face of adversity, and your quit becomes so much stronger because of it.

Careful with the alcohol this weekend. Please, I am telling you, mix in some NA shit and take it a little slower than you may be used to. I am judging your drinking habits but I am just speaking about mine and a few experiences I had early in my quit.

Be ready friend, plan, plan, plan. Jerkey, seeds, phone numbers, etc and watch the alcohol. Failure to plan is planning to fail. I am with you bro. You have my number. If you don't PM and you will.

Ryan
My observations are that folks that quit and stick with it become inspirational to addicts. Deep down addicts hate their addiction. Often, they just don't have the tools to beat it or don't have the courage. Stay quit. Observe over time. You will be the bad ass in the room soon enough.

FU nic.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

I quit with you today

Ryan

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »

It was a four hour drive to get here and everyone else in the car dipped the whole way. We had a great steak dinner and everyone else had a dip afterward. We went out for cocktails and out came the cigs and I just watched. Today we will be golfing and drinking and quitting will be easy because of KTC.

I quit with you today
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

It was a four hour drive to get here and everyone else in the car dipped the whole way. We had a great steak dinner and everyone else had a dip afterward. We went out for cocktails and out came the cigs and I just watched. Today we will be golfing and drinking and quitting will be easy because of KTC.

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
I have read in several threads the complaints of others that being quit is making time stand still. I agree that it makes time go by more slowly, but it happens to be one of my favorite things about being quit and part of KTC.

Life is flying by too quickly, my daughter is growing up too fast, my hair is graying seemingly overnight, and so on.

One.

Day.

At.

A.

Time.

Slows things down.
You got it Minny.

No more racing around trying to figure out when and where your gonna get your next nic fix. Just live life, smell the roses, stay until the end of the game or the end of the wedding or for the whole graduations party or family get together. I don't know about you but I spent my whole life trying to hurry up and get out of places so I could hurry up and chew. I didn't realize it at the time but now I understand.

Now that I am quit simple things like walking around the grocery store with my wife is no longer excruciating. In the past I would last 30 min than start going crazy.
Nice. live in the now
I agree with you Minny, but one comment... when you are in the heat of a quit battle, your nerve is dwindling, your mind is racing, you have a mouthful of seeds  you want to scratch your eyes out -- it is a very natural feeling to want the bell to ring, hit the rack and wake up the next day for a +1. Who wouldn't want that.

The key here is that you need to remember these times when you want to scratch your eyes out -- you need to never want to be in that position again. It is the absolute worst feeling in the world and you need to never forget it!

I love your attitude about embracing the time. You want to get to the ODAAT point that it sounds you are in right today, where you can actually begin to enjoy life quit on a daily basis. Embracing the day before you  not be focusing your efforts on tomorrow, next week, next month - just living in the moment  enjoying the day quit! That is where we all want to be and it is why we all quit that evil poison. That is a very good place... It is a place where you begin to live. I am learning to live in the place each day 2.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
I have read in several threads the complaints of others that being quit is making time stand still. I agree that it makes time go by more slowly, but it happens to be one of my favorite things about being quit and part of KTC.

Life is flying by too quickly, my daughter is growing up too fast, my hair is graying seemingly overnight, and so on.

One.

Day.

At.

A.

Time.

Slows things down.
You got it Minny.

No more racing around trying to figure out when and where your gonna get your next nic fix. Just live life, smell the roses, stay until the end of the game or the end of the wedding or for the whole graduations party or family get together. I don't know about you but I spent my whole life trying to hurry up and get out of places so I could hurry up and chew. I didn't realize it at the time but now I understand.

Now that I am quit simple things like walking around the grocery store with my wife is no longer excruciating. In the past I would last 30 min than start going crazy.
Nice. live in the now

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »

One.

Day.

At.

A.

Time.

Slows things down.
You got it Minny.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »

One.

Day.

At.

A.

Time.

Slows things down.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: B-loMatt
Just saying once I built up my rage and focused it where it belongs my quit got a lot easier...
Best. Comparison. Ever.

'crackup'
'Finger'
If you're not pissed at the nicBitch, you need to turn your quit up one big notch.
That crap enslaved you, poisoned your body, played with your mind, made you look stupid,
emptied your wallets . . . . basically stole part of your lives! If that doesn't get your goat, you
ain't got a goat to get. A healthy Quit Anger goes a long way toward energizing you to say "Fuck off"
when the craves and tests come your way. So get pissed and stay alive . . . .

'Finger'

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
I like to picture one of the hot witches from either oz the great and powerful or hansel and gretel witch hunters as the nic bitch. I like to imagine she finds me in a moment of weakness because  I have been very constipated (think 4 day music festival living on a diet of immodium AD and peanut butter and honey pita sandwiches for days...). The hag tries to make me cave but instead I get pissed at her for putting shit in my lip for 20 years and punch her in the throat. I then feel free and take a big messy dump in  the nic hags gapping orafice! It helps me get through the day, but might not work for everyone... If it helps to free you up imagine that while the hag is recovering from your throat punch you put a chair on her chest with the front cross support on her throat and then you drop trou and sit backwards on the chair so s to be able to wait patiently for the immodium to wear off... Just remember to put your feet on her wrists so you have total control. I am not normaly this sadistic but I just imagine what Gahndi would do...
I just REALLY read this for the first time. WOW! 'Crazy'

'crackup'
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Just saying once I built up my rage and focused it where it belongs my quit got a lot easier...
Best. Comparison. Ever.

'crackup'
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
The past two days have been hell and it's pissing me off. I'm having some of the hardest cravings yet and they're not even coming in waves, it's like 48 hours of constant crave.s The fog is back too, which I haven't had since (my first) days 3,4,5. From reading Intros it seems like this is pretty damn normal, so whatever.

Reading a lot of the brand spanking new Intros makes me think that the first paragraph to any Intro should answer the question, "What do you think it means to be quit?"

Anyway, it's a late night at the office. Just me and the cleaning lady (who doesn't notice me and has been singing quite enthusiastically for a while now). This used to be prime dipping time. In fact, instead of going home I used to stay late sometimes just to have a chew. I would get shit done, but mostly I was just getting my fix.

Another thing about chewing in the office: I used to spit and discard my chew in the garbage can quite a bit. It stunk like hell, I'm sure. I don't miss that.
Hang in there buddy. I am more of a newbie than you but try to change your routine a little more so you are not just reliving by habit.

An example would be: instead of sitting there working and dipping while the maid cleans. Hammer the maid from the back and do a reach around while chewing on a toothpick.

You don't have to follow the listed example, I just threw it out there but change something.

Also, go work out, it makes a huge difference for me.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Quote from: jrod
I like to picture one of the hot witches from either oz the great and powerful or hansel and gretel witch hunters as the nic bitch. I like to imagine she finds me in a moment of weakness because  I have been very constipated (think 4 day music festival living on a diet of immodium AD and peanut butter and honey pita sandwiches for days...). The hag tries to make me cave but instead I get pissed at her for putting shit in my lip for 20 years and punch her in the throat. I then feel free and take a big messy dump in  the nic hags gapping orafice! It helps me get through the day, but might not work for everyone... If it helps to free you up imagine that while the hag is recovering from your throat punch you put a chair on her chest with the front cross support on her throat and then you drop trou and sit backwards on the chair so s to be able to wait patiently for the immodium to wear off... Just remember to put your feet on her wrists so you have total control. I am not normaly this sadistic but I just imagine what Gahndi would do...
Wow B-loMatt. Hope you are friends with Minny. Please don't post this weird crap in the threads of newbies, haha.
. . . :blink:
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech