Author Topic: No looking back  (Read 21347 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: No looking back
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Luby
Found my Intro on page 22, wow times have changed.

I'm still here. Most of you probably don't even know me.

I post roll every day, haven't missed one yet, proud of that? Not really, its just what I do. I still love this community and its the only thing that ever worked for me so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So yeah I post roll everyday. Do I pay it forward anymore like I should? Not really, am I disappointed about that? Yeah I am. So many quitters helped me along the way, the fact that I have been on the sidelines for so long.... well yeah, I owe this site more than daily roll, and my ramblings in the CrossFit discussion board.

A lot of the time, I really considering fading away even more, just not posting roll and checking in every now and then. The friends I have made here will be friends for the rest of my life, I don't need to post roll for them to know I am just a text away from a bullshit session or to help. My support is in place I don't really NEED to be here anymore, but I am not leaving. This community is a part of me now, do I still crave a dip? Occasionally, sadly yes I do, but I am an addict, thats the way it works its never gonna go away. Do I need roll to get me through that anymore? No, no I don't but it sure as shit doesn't hurt so why not just post roll.

Plus where else would I sit down and ramble like this! Just wanted to say, I'm still here.
You are solid, you have paid it forward more than you can ever think.

Just keep up what you are doing my friend. You are living your life the right way, free of any nicotine (and getting those damn good pictures in all those sports stadiums.....).

thanks and be good.
Proud of you brother. I cant believe we're at 4 years, and I wouldn't be here without you. Thanks for all you do just by showing up.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »

I post roll every day, haven't missed one yet, proud of that? Not really, its just what I do. I still love this community and its the only thing that ever worked for me so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So yeah I post roll everyday. Do I pay it forward anymore like I should? Not really, am I disappointed about that? Yeah I am. So many quitters helped me along the way, the fact that I have been on the sidelines for so long.... well yeah, I owe this site more than daily roll, and my ramblings in the CrossFit discussion board.

A lot of the time, I really considering fading away even more, just not posting roll and checking in every now and then. The friends I have made here will be friends for the rest of my life, I don't need to post roll for them to know I am just a text away from a bullshit session or to help. My support is in place I don't really NEED to be here anymore, but I am not leaving. This community is a part of me now, do I still crave a dip? Occasionally, sadly yes I do, but I am an addict, thats the way it works its never gonna go away. Do I need roll to get me through that anymore? No, no I don't but it sure as shit doesn't hurt so why not just post roll.

Plus where else would I sit down and ramble like this! Just wanted to say, I'm still here.
You are solid, you have paid it forward more than you can ever think.

Just keep up what you are doing my friend. You are living your life the right way, free of any nicotine (and getting those damn good pictures in all those sports stadiums.....).

thanks and be good.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: SAM83
Found my intro thread on page 8, what a slacker!

Just had a quick ah ha moment today. I've said this before, but I hate cleaning my car, I'm not a slob so its not too bad but pulling out the shop vac and armor all is just not for me. Back in my Ninja dipping days I had to clean my car all the time because of all the particles of shame that covered the center console where I packed my lip full of cancer..... So today when i was cleaning my car for the first time in months, so we have a nice clean car to go visit family in, I realized how nice it was not to have to do it more, and not be stressed out that I wouldn't do a good enough job and my wife would notice something and I'd be caught in my constant lies....

that hasn't been an issue for 1255 days now, and its not gonna be an issue today, I posted roll this morning, so not today, motherfucker, not today.
Nice Luby, nice!!!! Like a rock star!
and you look dead sexy in those cut off shorts too 'winker'
Everyday with you man. Like we have now for over 3 years.
I'm with Lubmeister.
I have been Lubed 2x. Go WNBA team in Seattle !!!!! 'ninja'

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel

Just had a quick ah ha moment today. I've said this before, but I hate cleaning my car, I'm not a slob so its not too bad but pulling out the shop vac and armor all is just not for me. Back in my Ninja dipping days I had to clean my car all the time because of all the particles of shame that covered the center console where I packed my lip full of cancer..... So today when i was cleaning my car for the first time in months, so we have a nice clean car to go visit family in, I realized how nice it was not to have to do it more, and not be stressed out that I wouldn't do a good enough job and my wife would notice something and I'd be caught in my constant lies....

that hasn't been an issue for 1255 days now, and its not gonna be an issue today, I posted roll this morning, so not today, motherfucker, not today.
I'm with Lubmeister.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 235
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:00 PM »

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
I hit 1200 days the other day, it was cool, milestones are still fun but I remember hitting Hall of Fame, hitting a year quit, hitting my comma and I won't lie hitting 1200 was just a bit of shrug and a little smile. Frankly as much as a milestone is fun, the best part is the support I still get from so many that are in this fight with me. I am a West Coaster and when i am home I usually sleep in, so by the time I post roll I am one of the last to do it, and I am usually overwhelmed with the support and congratulations I wake up to. What we have here is pretty damn cool and I could not be more grateful to be a part of it.

That said, I haven't been that involved on here in quite awhile, I post with my Crossfit for Quitters group and I post roll every day, I will swing by intros every now and again but for the most part I am not around much, and I kinda regret that. I would like to remedy it, and I am going to try and do that. All that said, the main thing is I post roll everyday, never missed a day, not in the 1208, I think officially I fell through the cracks on a bump once or twice or my texted promise didn't make it, but the promise has been made every day.

I am an addict and without making that promise I am one trip to the store from a lip full of shame and a can a day habit, without that promise I am a fragile step from losing the freedom I cherish so much, and from damaging friendships that mean the world to me. So while I haven't been as involved as I like I still make that promise, not today, motherfucker, not today.
Luby - I ran across you the other day in one of the old groups and you were a funny MFer. Come post in Jan and Feb with us supporting the noobs! We have Vadge, Skoal Monster, Visa, Syndrome, Mcarmo. Come join the fun. There's nothing more fulfilling and empowering to a quit than helping the noobs.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
I hit 1200 days the other day, it was cool, milestones are still fun but I remember hitting Hall of Fame, hitting a year quit, hitting my comma and I won't lie hitting 1200 was just a bit of shrug and a little smile. Frankly as much as a milestone is fun, the best part is the support I still get from so many that are in this fight with me. I am a West Coaster and when i am home I usually sleep in, so by the time I post roll I am one of the last to do it, and I am usually overwhelmed with the support and congratulations I wake up to. What we have here is pretty damn cool and I could not be more grateful to be a part of it.

That said, I haven't been that involved on here in quite awhile, I post with my Crossfit for Quitters group and I post roll every day, I will swing by intros every now and again but for the most part I am not around much, and I kinda regret that. I would like to remedy it, and I am going to try and do that. All that said, the main thing is I post roll everyday, never missed a day, not in the 1208, I think officially I fell through the cracks on a bump once or twice or my texted promise didn't make it, but the promise has been made every day.

I am an addict and without making that promise I am one trip to the store from a lip full of shame and a can a day habit, without that promise I am a fragile step from losing the freedom I cherish so much, and from damaging friendships that mean the world to me. So while I haven't been as involved as I like I still make that promise, not today, motherfucker, not today.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Bronc
Quote from: ERDVM
I always intend to write something eloquent and meaningful and then you fucks come along and knock me speechless, which is damn hard to do! Someday I'll be able to put into words what being a part of this community means to me, what having brothers like you all to fight with side by side means to me, how much I love the freedom I have because of all of you. Until the day I can properly express that all I have is my undieing appreciation, thanks.
shhhhh........ 'BanDog'
'hit it'
I'll follow Luby anywhere. Except when he's following ERDVM! LOL
Rock Star of Quit = Luby the badass quitter
Thank you for being here EDD.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Quote from: ERDVM
I always intend to write something eloquent and meaningful and then you fucks come along and knock me speechless, which is damn hard to do! Someday I'll be able to put into words what being a part of this community means to me, what having brothers like you all to fight with side by side means to me, how much I love the freedom I have because of all of you. Until the day I can properly express that all I have is my undieing appreciation, thanks.
shhhhh........ 'BanDog'
'hit it'

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
shhhhh........ 'BanDog'

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »