Author Topic: No looking back  (Read 16290 times)

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No looking back
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
You have become quite a friend beyond being a fantastic support net for quitting. You always seem to be there with a text or a PM when I need it most. I quit with you each and every day and I am damn glad to have a guy like you helping guide me on this journey.

Congrats on 1,00 days, and thank you for still being here and helping others along their path too.
'BanDog' and one more 'BanDog' for my beloved Peepers
Make Your Decision

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
You have become quite a friend beyond being a fantastic support net for quitting. You always seem to be there with a text or a PM when I need it most. I quit with you each and every day and I am damn glad to have a guy like you helping guide me on this journey.

Congrats on 1,00 days, and thank you for still being here and helping others along their path too.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
Since I have been quit and using this site, I have saved my life, learned and added special butterfly and throat punch to my vocabulary, and drank enough watch the West Arm of Grand Traverse Bay is a foot shallower. I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
Comma

Total badass bro! Congratulations! Proud as hell to quit with you every day m'man!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: DennyX
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: Luby
If I may borrow Coach Steve's soap box its time for a rant.

I am so sick of seeing people who "quit" smoking sucking on those fucking e cigs. I am also pissed at the advertising, with lines like "take back your freedom". I've talked to couple of people who "quit" and are inhaling addictive drugs every chance the get, and they brag about how they are quit, I've also done the math for them and everyone I've talked to is sucking more nicotine into their systems than they were when they were just smoking. I have not come across someone claiming to be off chew using these stupid things, that would probably really set me off.
Then they say that taking large amounts of an addictive substance is better for them because they aren't smoking, first that sounds like absolute horseshit to me and second how do they know it isn't bad for them no one has studied these little death devices they could be even worse for them.

We here at KTC know what a real quit is, we know what real freedom is, but I'd like to spend a few minutes alone in a room with the fuckers that are calling those e cigs freedom.

Everyone keep posting roll and fuck nicotine one day at a time and enjoy the true freedom from slavery that we earned the right way.

Thanks Coach, you can have your soap box back.
You're welcome Peeps. Only problem is that Gmann says I have to start charging rent for use of the soapbox. I think he said they're raising money to buy Nolaq a new color printer...or something like that? When I asked him why I had to charge rent he said, "Because they is no such thing as free speech." FUGM
The next asshat that exhales a big ol cloud of their "vapor" anywhere near me is going to eat that fucking thing.

Oh, and to the dumbasses that wear them like some kind of status symbol - eat a bag. You are as dumb as you look. 'Finger'
People using those things look like test monkeys to me!!! Looks so anal watching them susk on those things. The nic in those things still increases your blood pressure and is addictive, so they can't be good for you.
Holy smokes I hear ya Luby. The "freedom" claim pisses me off also. They don't know freedom, they have no clue. Today I posted 954 days of freedom in a row, THAT'S FREEDOM! We covered a similar topic in Sept 11 a while back and tgafish nailed it: even if someone found out that nicotine wasn't bad for you or was EVEN healthy, I'd NEVER EVER do it in any for EVER. Why? Simple: because I'm nobody's bitch. You hear that? I'M NOBODY'S BITCH. The days of being whooped by nic are done. The days of hiding are done. I own it today and there's no changing that. I OWN IT. Because I quit for me, and (to quote you) the freedom is intoxicating. Intoxicating.
Hell yeah I hear ya..."I'M NOBODYS BITCH". I love it.

Quit on...
True story:

(Coach Steve is hanging out at the beach condo when his wife and her old friend from high school return from dinner and drinks)

CS: Hello wife
Mrs. CS: Hello husband, this is Sarah my old friend from high school
CS: Hi Sarah
Sarah: Hi Coach Steve
Mrs. CS: So Sarah...CS quit dipping over a year ago, maybe he can give you some pointers
CS: Oh, you want to quit smoking?
Sarah: {pulling out an electronic death stick and taking a puff} Yeah....I've pretty much quit
CS: What do you mean pretty much?
Sarah: Well I still smoke a few cigs every day
CS:{biting his tongue} Oh....yeah...I see. I think you really have to quit the substance of it
Sarah: Yeah that's what I'm doing
CS: {opening the fridge for another beer and making a sarcastic face because he doesn't want to embarrass his wife by telling her friend that she's an addicted fool} Ok.....
Right on Luby! I wanna punch those dick actors in the throat every time I see a commercial for one of those things. Funny what some people think of as freedom...
Brother I am right there with you. Yesterday while at the hospital with my mother, I saw and Cardio Pulmonologist walk outside to go smoke their e-Cig. I know this is bad but I wanted to take the edge of my hand and chop him really hard in the throat then smile as I state that I just thought I would speed up the process for him.

On top of that I saw an advertisement for Copenhagen on one of those LED displays in the hospital.

No matter what fuck em all, I quit!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »

I am so sick of seeing people who "quit" smoking sucking on those fucking e cigs. I am also pissed at the advertising, with lines like "take back your freedom". I've talked to couple of people who "quit" and are inhaling addictive drugs every chance the get, and they brag about how they are quit, I've also done the math for them and everyone I've talked to is sucking more nicotine into their systems than they were when they were just smoking. I have not come across someone claiming to be off chew using these stupid things, that would probably really set me off.
Then they say that taking large amounts of an addictive substance is better for them because they aren't smoking, first that sounds like absolute horseshit to me and second how do they know it isn't bad for them no one has studied these little death devices they could be even worse for them.

We here at KTC know what a real quit is, we know what real freedom is, but I'd like to spend a few minutes alone in a room with the fuckers that are calling those e cigs freedom.

Everyone keep posting roll and fuck nicotine one day at a time and enjoy the true freedom from slavery that we earned the right way.

You're welcome Peeps. Only problem is that Gmann says I have to start charging rent for use of the soapbox. I think he said they're raising money to buy Nolaq a new color printer...or something like that? When I asked him why I had to charge rent he said, "Because they is no such thing as free speech." FUGM
The next asshat that exhales a big ol cloud of their "vapor" anywhere near me is going to eat that fucking thing.

Oh, and to the dumbasses that wear them like some kind of status symbol - eat a bag. You are as dumb as you look. 'Finger'
People using those things look like test monkeys to me!!! Looks so anal watching them susk on those things. The nic in those things still increases your blood pressure and is addictive, so they can't be good for you.
Holy smokes I hear ya Luby. The "freedom" claim pisses me off also. They don't know freedom, they have no clue. Today I posted 954 days of freedom in a row, THAT'S FREEDOM! We covered a similar topic in Sept 11 a while back and tgafish nailed it: even if someone found out that nicotine wasn't bad for you or was EVEN healthy, I'd NEVER EVER do it in any for EVER. Why? Simple: because I'm nobody's bitch. You hear that? I'M NOBODY'S BITCH. The days of being whooped by nic are done. The days of hiding are done. I own it today and there's no changing that. I OWN IT. Because I quit for me, and (to quote you) the freedom is intoxicating. Intoxicating.

Quit on...
True story:

(Coach Steve is hanging out at the beach condo when his wife and her old friend from high school return from dinner and drinks)

Mrs. CS: So Sarah...CS quit dipping over a year ago, maybe he can give you some pointers
Sarah: {pulling out an electronic death stick and taking a puff} Yeah....I've pretty much quit
CS:{biting his tongue} Oh....yeah...I see. I think you really have to quit the substance of it
CS: {opening the fridge for another beer and making a sarcastic face because he doesn't want to embarrass his wife by telling her friend that she's an addicted fool} Ok.....
Right on Luby! I wanna punch those dick actors in the throat every time I see a commercial for one of those things. Funny what some people think of as freedom...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »

Quit on...
True story:

Make Your Decision

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »

The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »

Make Your Decision

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »

thank you Luby, at least I am not the only one who is seeing this....

I think I will quit beer, by drinking bourbon....but I quit it...... 'Crazy'

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
'BanDog'
Don't bogart the Luby

'BanDog'
900 'BanDog'

Congrats.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."