Author Topic: Just Getting Started  (Read 10336 times)

Offline parry8587

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 15, 2011
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Just Getting Started
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Dchogs
Right on, brother.  Nice post.

I know your post wasn't a plea for thanks, but thanks for keeping it up to date.  Let me know if you need some help here and there.  I love looking at the sheet... The whole sheet.  I like looking at the bamf quitheads and all our 'green.'. I love hunting for yellow.  I relish looking at the red and black... To see how far the cavers could have been.  I use every aspect of that pain in your ass to strengthen my quit.

Again, thank you for your effort... We don't hold a week's delay against you, but I guess it is a good thing that people are paying attention to it.

It's an honor to be quit with you today.
Dchogs nailed it. I appreciate your effort per -- and it goes to show since we have the best spreadsheet of all the current groups. Sorry everyone else... 'na na'

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
Per I'm going to sound a bit like a foo foo poodle boy here but...my quit has fed off of your quit. I can't say whether you were going through the motions with your words or not but I thought there were times when you encouraged other quitters with words that were so gosh darn tight, my quit was bullet proof just for a little bit. You nailed it. You owned it. So I don't know if its enough of a reason to feel stronger but you've help me quit and I appreciate that. If I can do anything for ya just yell. Something like "Hey Soulfuckface...where are you?"

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
Right on, brother. Nice post.

I know your post wasn't a plea for thanks, but thanks for keeping it up to date. Let me know if you need some help here and there. I love looking at the sheet... The whole sheet. I like looking at the bamf quitheads and all our 'green.'. I love hunting for yellow. I relish looking at the red and black... To see how far the cavers could have been. I use every aspect of that pain in your ass to strengthen my quit.

Again, thank you for your effort... We don't hold a week's delay against you, but I guess it is a good thing that people are paying attention to it.

It's an honor to be quit with you today.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
Day 73, hour 1.

This is much harder than it used to be. When I started this it seemed pretty easy. The first three days were much easier than I thought they would be. Then before I knew it I had a month under my belt. I was rock-solid. I was quit. Full-on, badass motherfucker quit. Hit a rough patch at day 56. Got through it.... back to full on badass motherfucker quit.

When I posted last, someone said the "70's fog hit you early" - or something like that. It didn't hit me early. That was just the 50's fog. I'm now in the 70's fog and this shit is like pea soup.

I've been on vacation since day 67. I've been on a short vacation before since my quit, so I thought nothing of it. But this time it seems to be different. It's just harder. And I can't explain it. What's weird is that the triggers are gone. I don't want a dip when I'm in the car. I don't want a dip when I'm catching up on e-mails. I want it when I'm washing the dishes. When I'm watching Phineas and Ferb with the kids. These were never triggers. Why are they triggers now?

I think it has everything to do with this stupid fucking spreadsheet (and I mean that in the most loving way possible). I volunteered to take this over when Cancrusher was away for a few days and I wanted to keep it. I loved that spreadsheet. I checked it every day. When the opportunity arose, I took it. I'm grateful to cancrusher for starting it, but it wasn't his responsibility. It was something we should be doing. And I take great personal pride in managing it.

But I think it's taken the place of Roll for me. I find that the days when I skip the spreadsheet, my quit is weaker. I never miss roll. I refuse to miss roll. But at this point, roll is just something I do. It's my promise and I intend to keep it. But when I do that spreadsheet - that's my roll. That's the moment in time when I see all 42 names and feel the connection and realize that my quit is not just for me. It's for them. It's for you. It's for Parry and dchogs, and dante and closer and ktk and Albert (who for some reason stopped posting lyrics) and ed and BTM and rude and marj and sarah and all the other Quitheads who's names are embedded in my brain but space prevents me from mentioning.

I didn't realize that this week. I took a week off from the spreadsheet. This has been my weekest moment in my quit. It's not like I hit the counter at 7-11 looking for a tin of Cope. But this is the time when my quit was weakest. If someone came to me earlier today and said "want a dip?" or "care for a cigar?" - I might have caved. Now that I updated that stupid fucking spreadsheet, my quit is .... not stronger, necessarily. It's tighter.

That's wierd. I just typed that and it feels right. I don't think my quit was ever weak. It might have been loose, but not weak. Stupid, I know. But my quit is tighter today. Becuase of that stupid fucking spreadsheet.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's important to have something else other than roll to keep you honest. Roll is critical, and I'm not trying to diminish that in any way. But I think after a while, roll becomes a habit and doesn't have the impact it did in week 1 or week 3 or week 8. I'll never stop posting roll. My promise to Cancrusher was to see Wardamneagle through his HOF day and I might give up the spreadsheet then. I think that would be a mistake for me. I need something more than Roll to keep my quit tight.

--------------------------

Sorry if my introduction posts are stream of consciousness. I write these for me to look back on. If they help you, great. If they don't, then I'm sorry - this might sound like I'm being a dick, and I'm not trying to, but at this point, you're not my audience. I am.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Thought it would be a good idea to keep this alive and well here. I may have knocked some of my fellow Quitheads off on accident... please check.

Get-to-know-a-brotha
Listen up my Augustonians! You've got a brother at Half-a-HOF now so I think we are a little overdue for our formal introductions; Example:

FunnyLatino
Name: FunnyLatino
Day Job: Deputy Sheriff
Sports: Football, anything from Colorado... Love CU Buffs.
For Fun: Performing standup comedy, DJ music at weddings, parties, etc.. eating good mexican food...
Addiction Summary: Chewed since May 4, 1998, skoal mint, about a can every two days towards the end.

Cancrusher
Name: Austin
Day Job: Admissions Counselor
Sports: Not really much of a sports follower. Enjoy going to Reds games and watching college football  basketball.
For fun: I love grilling out on my Weber, tossin' back a few cold ones, playing my guitars (I have way more than anyone should; My USA Fender Strat is my baby), messing with the general public in any way I can, watching classic movies, and ummm....QUITTING!
Addiction Summary: chewed / smoked from the age of 14 - 23. Quit on May 15, 2010 (394 Days ago). Now enjoying every moment of life to the fullest!

Edromero
Name: Ed Romero
Day Job: Cremation Oven Salesman
Sports: only watch motorcycle racing or fishing
For fun: lift weights, running, swimming, motorcycling, tugging my peg.
Addiction Summary: tobacco in any form 13-36.

gmann
Name: gmann
Day Job: Lawya
Sports: I only watch college football (Georgia is my favorite team and should be yours, too) and the Masters tournament. Everything else is gay.
For fun: I play golf and slay ducks.
Addiction Summary: Skoal Straight/15 years.

wardamneagle1979
Name: Andrew
Day Job: Teacher/Coach
Sports: Auburn Football, Braves, Saints..pretty big sports junkie (would bet good $$ that I'm the only person in South Alabama that watched and loved game 7 of the stanley cup last night)
For fun: I fish a lot, spend q.t. with my family, watch sports, and love dogs
Addiction Summary: Skoal Mint for a solid 11 years

kmarren
name: Kevin
Sports: only watch boxing.
Fun: Music, playing guitar, singing, family, running and quiting!
Addition Summary: Smoked age 15-20 Skoal in any flavor age 20-42

marjwilliams
Name: Marcus
Day Job: fluffer err uh... Banker
Sports: Texas Tech, Mavericks, Rangers, Golf when Tiger's good.
For fun: golf, guns, day drinking, bowling, books, interwebs, evening drinking, fishing
Addiction: 12 years, can-a-day Skoal Straight and Timberwolf straight longcut.

maverick
Name: Mark
Day Job: Field ops
Sports: KC Chiefs
For Fun: Fishing, Cycling, Running, beer drinking, (then more running)
Addiction: Skoal Wintergreen Fine Cut - same shit for 30 years

LLCope
Name: Lance
Day Job: Marketing Manager
Sports: Love Baseball
For Fun: I Run 5k's, 10k's, and my first half and full marathon last year
Addiction: Cope Pouches--straight

jmag
Name: Jason
Day Job: Winegrower
Sports: Seattle Mariners/Seahawks, WSU
For Fun: Fishing, Hunting
Addiction: Copenhagen- 15 years

parry8587
Name: Ian
Day Job: Studying for CPA exam
Sports: Love playing basketball and golf, enjoy watching college basektball/football, nba, golf, and some baseball (Mets)
For Fun: golf, summer league basketball, learning how to invest
Addiction: Grizzly Wintergreen - 8 years

BTM99
Name: Brant
Day Job: Manager of Mail Pharmacy Operations
Sports: STL Cardinals, Mizzou Football, STL Blues Hockey, Football in general and Golf
For Fun: Golf, Reading (into Leadership Development and Process Improvement)
Addiction: 20 years - Kodiak Wintergreen for 10 and Grizzly Wintergreen for 10

RebelDog
Name: Christian
Day Job: Vice President of Operations
Sports: New Orleans Saints, LSU Tigers and a casual Cubbies fan
For Fun: Coaching youth baseball, football  camping, hunting, fishing, etc.
Addiction: 20 years - Skoal/RedSeal/Cope-Long Cut Wintergreen. Addict for life.

KilltheKodiak
Name: Mike
Day Job: Mechanical Technitian, Aerospace
Sports: LA Kings, SD Charges and a casual Padres fan
For Fun: BBQing, Water Sports, and punk/ska music
Addiction: 16 years -Kodiak wintergreen, all day -everyday!!

ruderunner
Name: Charlie
Day Job: Enforcement of THE LAW
Sports: Follow Phillies, Eagles and Flyers
For Fun: Coaching whatever the boys are playing. (baseball/hockey) Me: run, bike, swim.
Addiction: 19 years- kodiak, skoal, rooster, grizzly 1-1.5 a day depending on what I was doing. Basically if I wasnt eating or fucking, I was dipping....

dchogs
Name: Ben
Day Job: Director of Admissions @ boarding school
Sports: Redskins, Capitals
For Fun: Coaching the kids in soccer, basketball and swimming; swimming, running, mtn biking, fishing, reading for me time
Addiction: 14 yrs; 21-35. Started briefly with Kodiak, switched to Skoal Mint, switched to Grizz Mint about 2 yrs ago.

theNow
Name: Now (Aprill 2011 group)
Day Job: Legal drug dealer
Sports: Reds, a little NFL if I can't get out in the woods, fishing to pass time; everything pretty much takes a backseat to bowhunting Ohio whitetail (got me a new PSE Axe 6 last fall after 12 years with my original PSE...Love it!). Will also dabble with anything else that's in season in the Buckeye state.
For fun: my wife, son (4yrs), daughter (2 yrs), beer, guns, the farm, running, and scheming for the deer season in the offseason...
Addiction: because it was cool I began dabbling with any and all tobacco but mostly cigarettes around 15, took it up a notch when I started driving, another notch when I hit college, yet another notch when I left Ma and Pa and bought my first house after pharmacy school, and then I switched to a full-time dipper (a healthier alternative ya know...duh!) at 28 when I started a new addiction to running...Up to a can +/- of Grizz Wintergreen QD when I woke the fuck up and started to seriously search for help and try to understand why the fuck I was doing this and why the fuck I could't stop...enter ktc.org.

SayrahAnne
Name: Sarah
Day Job: Nanny/Maid/Student
Sports: I love football. College over Professional. GA Bulldogs!
For Fun: I love to sing, so I go to karaoke. I love music in general, and like to help write songs. I like to go to the bar with friends. If I find quiet time, I love to read.
Addiction: I started 5/19/2007. I quit 5/19/2011. 4 Years to the day. I'd dip whatever, but I mainly did skoal berry blend pouches. At least half a can a day, but sometimes more. PROUD TO BE QUIT!

DippinFool
Name: Francis
Day Job: Meteorologist
Sports: Golf mostly
For Fun: Enjoying taking my speedboat out on the water, always a good time. Deep sea fishing is also a hobby
Addiction: 22 years, pretty much anything i could get my hands on. mostly cope, also some skoal wintergreen

per034
Name: Pat
Day Job: Professional Liar (normally known as "Marketing")
Sports: Golf, Mets and Giants for teams
For Fun: Chillin with my Chillun.Competitive bagpiping. Hitting the sauce.
Addiction: 25+ years. Copenhagen. Can a Day. Proud to be quit of that shit.

Onelegrus
Name: Rusty
Day Job:Sales Consultant
Sports: Alabama Football, Braves. Hawks, Falcons
For Fun: League Pool, Hanging out with the wife, Fishing
Addiction:30+years, every type of nicotine product available, the last 10 years a can of Grizzley a day

Dante
Name: Danny
Day Job: Federal Law Enforcement Officer
Sports: Mets fan living in a Phillies market, so that sucks
For Fun: Playing golf, cooking, firing up my smoke pit for some good BBQ
Addiction: Marlboro Ultra light menthol-pack a day for about 12 years, transitioned to Skoal (insert random flavor here) long cut five years ago-can every day or two. No more!

Name: Bean
Sports: Horned Frogs, Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars.
For fun: drink, play chess, screw...let's play chess. Actually, bbq, bicycle, golf, lake, pool, kids,...and quoting Blazing Saddles.
Addiction: 20 years of killing myself with Copenhagen fine cut - living free since 9/11/11 and loving it...but still fighting the occassional urge.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
Thought it would be a good idea to keep this alive and well here. I may have knocked some of my fellow Quitheads off on accident... please check.

Get-to-know-a-brotha
Listen up my Augustonians! You've got a brother at Half-a-HOF now so I think we are a little overdue for our formal introductions; Example:

FunnyLatino
For Fun: Performing standup comedy, DJ music at weddings, parties, etc.. eating good mexican food...
Addiction Summary: Chewed since May 4, 1998, skoal mint, about a can every two days towards the end.

Cancrusher
Sports: Not really much of a sports follower. Enjoy going to Reds games and watching college football  basketball.
For fun: I love grilling out on my Weber, tossin' back a few cold ones, playing my guitars (I have way more than anyone should; My USA Fender Strat is my baby), messing with the general public in any way I can, watching classic movies, and ummm....QUITTING!
Addiction Summary: chewed / smoked from the age of 14 - 23. Quit on May 15, 2010 (394 Days ago). Now enjoying every moment of life to the fullest!

Edromero

gmann
Sports: I only watch college football (Georgia is my favorite team and should be yours, too) and the Masters tournament. Everything else is gay.

wardamneagle1979
Sports: Auburn Football, Braves, Saints..pretty big sports junkie (would bet good $$ that I'm the only person in South Alabama that watched and loved game 7 of the stanley cup last night)

kmarren

marjwilliams
For fun: golf, guns, day drinking, bowling, books, interwebs, evening drinking, fishing

maverick

LLCope

jmag

parry8587
Sports: Love playing basketball and golf, enjoy watching college basektball/football, nba, golf, and some baseball (Mets)

BTM99
Sports: STL Cardinals, Mizzou Football, STL Blues Hockey, Football in general and Golf

RebelDog

KilltheKodiak

ruderunner
For Fun: Coaching whatever the boys are playing. (baseball/hockey) Me: run, bike, swim.
Addiction: 19 years- kodiak, skoal, rooster, grizzly 1-1.5 a day depending on what I was doing. Basically if I wasnt eating or fucking, I was dipping....

dchogs
For Fun: Coaching the kids in soccer, basketball and swimming; swimming, running, mtn biking, fishing, reading for me time
Addiction: 14 yrs; 21-35. Started briefly with Kodiak, switched to Skoal Mint, switched to Grizz Mint about 2 yrs ago.

theNow
Sports: Reds, a little NFL if I can't get out in the woods, fishing to pass time; everything pretty much takes a backseat to bowhunting Ohio whitetail (got me a new PSE Axe 6 last fall after 12 years with my original PSE...Love it!). Will also dabble with anything else that's in season in the Buckeye state.
For fun: my wife, son (4yrs), daughter (2 yrs), beer, guns, the farm, running, and scheming for the deer season in the offseason...
Addiction: because it was cool I began dabbling with any and all tobacco but mostly cigarettes around 15, took it up a notch when I started driving, another notch when I hit college, yet another notch when I left Ma and Pa and bought my first house after pharmacy school, and then I switched to a full-time dipper (a healthier alternative ya know...duh!) at 28 when I started a new addiction to running...Up to a can +/- of Grizz Wintergreen QD when I woke the fuck up and started to seriously search for help and try to understand why the fuck I was doing this and why the fuck I could't stop...enter ktc.org.

SayrahAnne
For Fun: I love to sing, so I go to karaoke. I love music in general, and like to help write songs. I like to go to the bar with friends. If I find quiet time, I love to read.
Addiction: I started 5/19/2007. I quit 5/19/2011. 4 Years to the day. I'd dip whatever, but I mainly did skoal berry blend pouches. At least half a can a day, but sometimes more. PROUD TO BE QUIT!

DippinFool
For Fun: Enjoying taking my speedboat out on the water, always a good time. Deep sea fishing is also a hobby
Addiction: 22 years, pretty much anything i could get my hands on. mostly cope, also some skoal wintergreen

per034

Onelegrus
Addiction:30+years, every type of nicotine product available, the last 10 years a can of Grizzley a day

Dante
Addiction: Marlboro Ultra light menthol-pack a day for about 12 years, transitioned to Skoal (insert random flavor here) long cut five years ago-can every day or two. No more!

Name: Bean
Sports: Horned Frogs, Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars.
For fun: drink, play chess, screw...let's play chess. Actually, bbq, bicycle, golf, lake, pool, kids,...and quoting Blazing Saddles.
Addiction: 20 years of killing myself with Copenhagen fine cut - living free since 9/11/11 and loving it...but still fighting the occassional urge.

Offline rootboyslim

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »

Get-to-know-a-brotha

FunnyLatino

Cancrusher

Edromero

gmann

wardamneagle1979

kmarren

marjwilliams

maverick

LLCope

jmag

parry8587

BTM99

RebelDog

KilltheKodiak

ruderunner

dchogs

theNow

SayrahAnne

DippinFool

per034

Onelegrus

Dante

Rootboy Slim
name: Vince
Day Job: retired reporter, current PR/Media Relation Manager for large Bank
Sports: baseball nut, like 'em all though, O's, Nats, Giatns, Redskins, Caps, Wizards, Terps
For fun: Beer, bbq, baseball, vacation
Addiction: On and Off 25 tears, skoal, red man golden blend wrapped in Bubble Yum, flavored skoals, Rooster and finally Grizzly

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

Get-to-know-a-brotha

FunnyLatino

Cancrusher

Edromero

gmann

wardamneagle1979

kmarren

marjwilliams

maverick

LLCope

jmag

parry8587

BTM99

RebelDog

KilltheKodiak

ruderunner

dchogs

theNow

SayrahAnne

DippinFool

per034

Onelegrus

Dante
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline onelegrus

• Quitter
    • www.rustyreynolds.com
  • Interests: I enjoy playing pool, swimming, reading the bible and spending quality time with my wife!!!
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »

Get-to-know-a-brotha

FunnyLatino

Cancrusher

Edromero

gmann

wardamneagle1979

kmarren

marjwilliams

maverick

LLCope

jmag

parry8587

BTM99

RebelDog

KilltheKodiak

ruderunner

dchogs

theNow

SayrahAnne

DippinFool

per034

Onelegrus
Quit for Life!
Quit Date 03-17-2011
HOF Date 06-24-2011
2nd Floor 10-02-2011
3rd Floor 01-10-2011

Offline per034

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »

Get-to-know-a-brotha

FunnyLatino

Cancrusher

Edromero

gmann

wardamneagle1979

kmarren

marjwilliams

maverick

LLCope

jmag

parry8587

BTM99

RebelDog

KilltheKodiak

ruderunner

dchogs

theNow

SayrahAnne

DippinFool

per034

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: per034
Per034 - day 58. I feel much  better when I quit this early. Quit with Dante and the Mets pitching staff.
You are awesome...made me laugh out loud at my desk. Guess I was so tired when I posted this morning that I missed this.

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Nice job per. For my first couple of months I dreamed of the one night stand I'd have with dip again at some point in the future--I'm gonna give it to the nic bitch doggy style all night! Saying "Hey we'll catch up later" was enough to keep me from using most days. There was St Patricks day about as far in for me as you are now where the only thing that kept me from buying a tin for a quickie was my promise. You kept your promise.

Proud to be quit with you
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Jtricher

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
I am 6 minutes away from the end of day 56. At least that's what time it is as I'm writing. I'm sure by the time I hit "post reply" it'll be time for my Day 57 promise.

Today was not easy. I'm in Boston right now for work sitting in my hotel room. Took a train from Penn Station 4 hours up here. No dip. Who cares, right? It's been EIGHT FUCKING WEEKS ASS-MUNCH! YOU DON'T DIP ANYMORE.

Oh but I do. In the back of my mind I still dip.

I don't know why today was so tough. I played golf on Thursday for the first time without dip and it wasn't too tough. Seeds... beer... an historical amount of triple bogeys.. but I wasn't craving. Played again on father's day... never really thought about dip. Lots of seeds. But no dip. I didn't even think about it.

Today was not easy though. At 6:50 pm I found myself walking around Woburn Massachusettes looking for a Seven Eleven. I wanted a dip. I rationalized for 30 minutes that I could get a tin, dip while away for work, and then throw it away when I get home. I was 100% convinced that I would break my promise today and for 30 minutes I was 100% ok with that. I didn't find a seven eleven. I found a BP. I walked up to the counter and saw 31 flavors of dip behind Apu. I opened my mouth and paused.. actually paused like this was some bullshit sitcom or something... and asked for a can of Smokey Mountain. They didn't carry. Got two bags of seed and a bag of funyons. As I was walking back to my hotel I though I would have a feeling of pride because I held strong. Because I didn't give in to the cravings.

I was ashamed. I was embarrassed. I was disgusted with myself because those 30 minutes when I was convinced I was going to break my promise was almost as bad as breaking my promise.

I'm now starting day 57. The cravings don't get easier. They get harder - they just come and go a lot less often. I don't care what day you're posting today.As soon as you think "I got this" you'll find yourself a day closer to "Day 1."
Per. You rule. No shame or embarrassment here at all. Just victory. I had a similar experience. 25 year dipper. 26 days in now. Days 1-10 were easy. The suck? Easy. It was over Memorial Day weekend, by design. I mostly dipped at the office, so that explained it. First day back at the office? Harder. Trigger-fest. But I was mentally prepared for this. Days 9-10 were the weekend. Easiest 2 days of my quit up till that point. Started getting confident. I've got this quit. What is all of the fuss about? If I have survived a week of work and home doing normal shit without too much pain, I will be quit no problem. Then came Day 11. Holy shit. I got hit out of no where. Nic was all over my ass. Started the first thing when I walked into my office. All I could think about was having a dip. Nic telling me she's my friend and wants me back. Even worse, Nic hitting me with my number one fear: How can you succeed at work without me? The only reason you are able to do what you do is because of me. Dude, I spend the first 2 hours staring at my computer. Went on a walk. Thought about going to the convenience store. Trust me. Nic was pushing me hard to go there. Telling me. Dude, you've got a lot of work today. Just one will be fine. I'll leave you alone after that, and you'll get your work done. Got on Live Chat. Closed the door and meditated. Nothing. Finally at around 2, I just got up and left. Drove home. Left the torture chamber. For a brief moment I was ashamed. Nic caused me to puss out and leave work with a shitload of deadlines and annoyed clients. Maybe at first one might think Nic got the best of me. But No. I got Nic. Why? BECAUSE I DID NOT CAVE. That is all Nic wants. For you to puss out, go back to your old ways and CAVE. I did not Cave. I did whatever it took. Left my job. At the end of the day, I won the day. I beat Nic. She launched a major assault my way and I pushed her back. Days 12-25 have been like the first 10. I suspect right now that Nic is planning a new assault. I'll be ready. And Per, so will you. You won your day in Woburn, and you will continue to win.
I chose Freedom on May 26, 2011, at 9:16 PM CST. My Introduction
I entered the HOF on September 2, 2011, at 7:08 AM CST. My HOF Speech

Offline parry8587

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 15, 2011
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »
Per, way to get through it. You are definitely one of the people I absolutely KNOW I am going to see in roll everyday. Would have been real tough if we lost ya. Glad to be quit with you.

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
I was ashamed. I was embarrassed. I was disgusted with myself because those 30 minutes when I was convinced I was going to break my promise was almost as bad as breaking my promise.
...but you didn't! I'm proud of you! PM me if you need a distraction. We can always talk about the Mets till the storm passes.

Don't struggle alone...proud to be quit with you today!